/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

panIslamist
05-05-2005, 05:50 AM
:sl:
Jazakullah, i have never received a more courteous welcome from any other forum. I would like to advise the following for this forum if doesnt already exist:
1. MODS should have the ability to check PMs to make sure no evil thoughts are going on privately.
2. Do NOT post anything relating to Islam that you support without Daleel.
3. Avoid making takfeer on other Muslims and Muslim governments unless you have proof.

Keep up the good work :thumbs_up

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
05-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Assalamu alaikum

I split this thread from the one which this was initially posted in, as some comments and suggestions were made. Which we can benefit from InshaAllah.

1. MODS should have the ability to check PMs to make sure no evil thoughts are going on privately.
This was brought up once before, and we will address this issue InshaAllah. But I dont think looking into other people's pm's would solve the issue, maybe to remove the pm system would be ideal.

2. Do NOT post anything relating to Islam that you support without Daleel.
Indeed subhanallah, barakallah feek for reminding us..

3. Avoid making takfeer on other Muslims and Muslim governments unless you have proof.
Yes, as one of our forum rules states...

11. No sectarian issues allowed. We are promoting the unity of Islam.

Allah (Exalted is He) said in Surah Al-An'âm, verse 159: Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects), you (O Muhammad -- Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allâh, Who then will tell them what they used to do.

So anyone who wishes to make takfeer on anyone would be in breach of this rule.

Barakallah feek

Wasalamu alaikum

S_87
05-05-2005, 01:08 PM
regarding 1.

i dont think you should remove the pming system

but if you have to then could you atleast keep it ok for same genders to contact each other?
that would be better?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-05-2005, 01:11 PM
true what you say, but you shud make it like they get logged or something, so incase Allah Forbid, some fitnah pops up we can see what happened if it went through PMs.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
05-05-2005, 01:36 PM
I think the pm system should only be used for members to contact admins.

If a sister wishes to talk to a sister, or a brother wishes to contact a brother you can email them or add them to any Instant Messengers you have.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-05-2005, 02:35 PM
i dont agree, we have to remember that Allah is watching and that shud alone be a reason no to do haram. We should keep Pm because its helpful for us to contact other members, but we shud keep our Islamic boundries.

Far7an
05-05-2005, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed687
i dont agree, we have to remember that Allah is watching and that shud alone be a reason no to do haram. We should keep Pm because its helpful for us to contact other members, but we shud keep our Islamic boundries.
the thing is, not everything thinks this way...and we are responsible for their actions.

yes we need to fear Allah, but lets ask ourselves...how many of us see people implementing this way of thought?

not many.

Sheikh Muhammad Al shareef's forum Al Maghrib took similiar measures.

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2005, 02:50 PM
i think PM should be used correctly and not used to be abused. i think PM is useful and good

kadafi
05-05-2005, 03:49 PM

The PM feature won't be disabled, however, if you do receive any indecent or abusive pms, then please do not hestitate to contact the admins or mods.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-05-2005, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi

The PM feature won't be disabled, however, if you do receive any indecent or abusive pms, then please do not hestitate to contact the admins or mods.
Right, this is the perfect way of action. and i understand your point brother Farhan, you have a good suggestion, however we should do that only if some Allah forbid, fitnah starts.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-05-2005, 04:11 PM
currently we have some good members here who i think observe Islam and they try to keep themselves good. Alhamdullilah we dont have any "Bad" members that try to cause problems, but Allah forbid in the future we do, then the Admins shud take the proper action Inshallah.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-05-2005, 04:24 PM
really? i dont know, yes i know what you mean, but they are not active.....

snipeaac
05-06-2005, 12:54 AM
ahmed687: ur avatar is the same as mine (except mine is on my forum!!!!)

I think (so far, i've only been here a day) you guys have good members.. we'd love to have people like u on our forum :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-06-2005, 01:17 AM
wats ur forum???

snipeaac
05-06-2005, 01:51 AM
www.al-muttaqoon.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.