/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saladin animation

rubiesand
05-07-2006, 12:03 AM
This looks amazing. See the trailer.

It's being made in Malaysia, and apparently they are going to make a whole series:happy:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islamicboy
05-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Isnt animation Haram?

rubiesand
05-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Not in all circumstances afaik. There will be various opinions about it.

akulion
05-07-2006, 12:22 AM
i dont lke it at all

looks like one of those disney characters

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
05-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Awesome.

I hope they show it in the UK. It'll give me a reason to get up and get ready before 11 o'clock on a Saturday :p

Kittygyal
05-07-2006, 02:14 PM
salam.
errr..... bro muezzin your up for everything :p and yes bro Akulion they do look like disney charcters there for a minute i thought it's ''aladin LOLz
w.salam

jm100
05-07-2006, 02:33 PM
:sl:

Music? Reasons for fighting other than Islam? "You don't choose yo're Destiniy, it chooses you" (infact Allah is the one who chooses Destiny)?

:? :|

:wa:

mahdisoldier19
05-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Anything with cartoon HARAM Any images created. Come on bros and sis you know this

Kittygyal
05-07-2006, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jm100

Music? Reasons for fighting other than Islam? "You don't choose yo're Destiniy, it chooses you" (infact Allah is the one who chooses Destiny)?

salam.
that is so true :)
w.salam

Kittygyal
05-07-2006, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
Anything with cartoon HARAM Any images created. Come on bros and sis you know this
salam. bro i definately agree with you.
1. Cartoons are not identical copies, and therefore they do not reflect all features of their subject matter.

2. They are used in the fields of da`wah, education, and culture.

3. Children are always attracted to and influenced by this form of art, so we should not ignore this means of bringing our children – as well as adults – up on the morals and teachings of Islam.

4. Non-Muslims have preceded us in this field and flooded Muslim countries with the cartoons pertaining to their cultural attitudes. It is necessary that Muslims aim to produce attractive, educational alternatives, which are orientated towards Islam and thus of benefit to our children.
w.salam

Al-Zaara
05-07-2006, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam. bro i definately agree with you.
1. Cartoons are not identical copies, and therefore they do not reflect all features of their subject matter.

2. They are used in the fields of da`wah, education, and culture.

3. Children are always attracted to and influenced by this form of art, so we should not ignore this means of bringing our children – as well as adults – up on the morals and teachings of Islam.

4. Non-Muslims have preceded us in this field and flooded Muslim countries with the cartoons pertaining to their cultural attitudes. It is necessary that Muslims aim to produce attractive, educational alternatives, which are orientated towards Islam and thus of benefit to our children.
w.salam

Some very interesting points...

:w:

Kittygyal
05-07-2006, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aafreen

Some very interesting points...

salam.
but it's true though sis :happy:
w.salam

Muezzin
05-07-2006, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jm100

That's called a metaphor :)

format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
So I take it you've never watched a cartoon in your life ;)

Come on people, maybe stuff like this will help people become more interested in Muslims, and thus in Islam. The cartoon is about Saladin rather than the religion of Islam, but people who like it may become more interested in who he was, learn he was Muslim and in turn become more interested in Islam.

Plus it's got some cool action scenes. :p

x Maz x
05-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Sure he has, then he grew up and learnt...hence he knows right from wrong right bruv ;)...Hope ya'll in the best of Iman and health...By the way it was rubbish, get more entertainment watching a persil advert :) WalaykumAsalaam x

beliefindeath
05-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Salam

I don't know how people can like stuff like dese. Though i respect what they like. But how can people love star wars (which is full of jedi crap and light sabers) and lord of de rings (which is full of mountain climbing crap). i'd prefer an anime over dis saladin thing anyway....

Wasalam

x Maz x
05-07-2006, 05:27 PM
^ Everyone unique..remember everyone develops at varied ages ;) WalaykumAsalaam x

Muezzin
05-07-2006, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by beliefindeath
Salam

I don't know how people can like stuff like dese. Though i respect what they like. But how can people love star wars (which is full of jedi crap and light sabers) and lord of de rings (which is full of mountain climbing crap). i'd prefer an anime over dis saladin thing anyway....

Wasalam
Um, what do Star Wars and Lord of the Rings have to do with Saladin: The Animated Series? :p

beliefindeath
05-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Salam

It has nothing to do with it. I'm afraid you haven't got my point bro muezzin. What i meant was how could people like cartoons and movies like dese. Like star wars, may i ask you what its idea is. and lord of de rings, how intresting is watching people climb a mountain for like de whole movie. and now dis saladin thing which looks like a disney 'out of touch' thing. No offense meant really.

Wassalam

Muezzin
05-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Salam

It has nothing to do with it. I'm afraid you haven't got my point bro muezzin. What i meant was how could people like cartoons and movies like dese. Like star wars, may i ask you what its idea is.
The monomyth, as written about by Joseph Campbell. It's the myth that keeps cropping up throughout history of a young hero whisked away on an adventure, where he meets a princess, enters a labyrinth and slays a monster. Plus, it's got X-Wings and Death Stars and Wookiees.

and lord of de rings, how intresting is watching people climb a mountain for like de whole movie
That was actually a book first, but I see your point.

and now dis saladin thing which looks like a disney 'out of touch' thing. No offense meant really.

Wassalam
None taken. I'm just hypersensitive to people going off-topic ;)

beliefindeath
05-07-2006, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
...I'm just hypersensitive to people going off-topic ;)
Salam

Me too. hehe...

Wassalam

Al-Zaara
05-08-2006, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
but it's true though sis :happy:
w.salam

Yes, sis, what I actually mean is that I would love to see some more Muslims to know these facts/points! :happy: :statisfie

north_malaysian
05-09-2006, 08:12 AM
the animators of this Saladin cartoon are Non Muslim Chinese aren't they?:?

Alim Apprentice
12-31-2007, 05:40 PM
Salams..
Sorry to bump this old topic up.

I'd like to reiterate some of the things mentioned by Kittygyal and Muezzin. This animation looks promising from these points of view:

1. It intends shine a spotlight on the noble Salah Al Din as a virtuous leader. At a time like this, when a majority of the media is potraying Muslims in a negative fashion, this animation would atleast help damp those fires of misconception. Just like our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him), and the righteous caliphs (R.A), he was a great leader of his time. Faith and Justice were always close to his heart. Indeed, existing leaders (both Muslims and non Muslims) of today should learn some values from him.

2. The target audience are children and teenagers. They are the next generation that will play a huge role in the future. At present, cartoons are used to entice and amuse the developing minds. Yes, ideally, they should have been taught about the Quran .. But instead of shunning cartoons, they should be seen as the platform to teach children about Islam. The Internet is a good example how information about Islam can be propagated easily. Even youtube, with channels like Ummah Films, would have a sense of appeal for certain Muslim segments. Technology is a great tool to use for Dakwah. Its a great synthesis :) Besides that, children from the Western world would grow up with some positive light regarding Muslims. This "Saladin" animation could be one of many which could achieve these objectives, inshallah.

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
the animators of this Saladin cartoon are Non Muslim Chinese aren't they?:?
Thats an interesting point, actually. The fact that non muslims have no qualms in participating in such projects like this shows a somewhat appreciative attitude. The "head honchos" of this project are Muslims, so Inshallah they'll ensure the protrayal of Salah Al Din in this animation will highlight his great qualities.

i'd prefer an anime over dis saladin thing anyway
Brother, I don't know how you can supercede animes which usually have very scantily dressed characters and annoying plots, with a CGI animation about a famous Muslim!

If you think about it.. of all the Western cartoons of knights and kings of the past, few if any are actually based on real people. Maybe King Arthur comes close, but even his existence is being debated.

As an aside, the investment on capital used for this production is a step forward for Malaysia :shade:

alcurad
01-01-2008, 02:35 AM
I thought only images of idols that were worshipped instead of allah were frobidden. I mean why should simple pictures and animation that don't contradict islamic teachings be haram?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.