/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is nationalisme blocking the way for a Unified Ummah>?

Zzims
05-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Assalamualaikum..

Nationalisme has always been a mark on history.. from revolution to de colonizations.. but its this problem having an effect on a unified Ummah as a whole.. i would really like to see and live under a new righteous Caliphate with my time onon god's earth..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-07-2006, 01:38 PM
:wasalamex

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) said;

"Undoubtedly Allah has removed from you the pride of arrogance of the age of Jahilliyah (ignorance) and the glorification of ancestors. Now people are of two kinds. Either believers who are aware or transgressors who do wrong.

You are all the children of Adam and Adam was made of clay. People should give up their pride in nations because that is a coal from the coals of
Hell-fire.
If they do not give this up Allah (swt) will consider them lower
than the lowly worm which pushes itself through Khara (dung)."

[Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi]

The Prohibition of Nationalism in Islam
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/F...article29.html

:salamext:

Zzims
05-07-2006, 01:40 PM
But why is it still a strong factor defianing the Ummah separation into different nationalities..

Muezzin
05-07-2006, 01:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzims
Assalamualaikum..

Nationalisme has always been a mark on history.. from revolution to de colonizations.. but its this problem having an effect on a unified Ummah as a whole.. i would really like to see and live under a new righteous Caliphate with my time onon god's earth..
Probably won't happen. There'd be too much bickering over who'd lead it. 'I think an Arab should lead it/ I think a Pakistani should lead it/ I think a Somali should lead it/ I think an Iranian should lead it/ I think a monkey should lead it because then he might give my banana back'

Then you'd get political infighting, factions, conflict... I think nationalism is indeed blocking the way for a unified ummah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
05-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Salaam

People will be happy to put culture before ummah.

Zzims
05-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Hmm then a syura should be used.. a credible council.. a sort of like the UN..( not on the credible part)

justahumane
05-07-2006, 03:49 PM
can prohibition of nationalism in islam may be the reason behind so many failed muslim nations? m confused more than a bit.

Zzims
05-07-2006, 04:32 PM
i dont know of any Muslim Nation that failed solely because of prohibition of nationalisme..

- Qatada -
05-07-2006, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by justahumane
can prohibition of nationalism in islam may be the reason behind so many failed muslim nations? m confused more than a bit.

Hey justahumane.

One of the reasons why nationalism may be prohibited is because it splits up unity and causes diversity, and this is totally the opposite of what islam teaches us. We are taught to unite under one brotherhood, no matter what race or culture you are from, and nationalism is one of the reasons of disunity, pride, and war in the world right now.

Allaah Almighty says in the Qur'an:

"O you who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared and die not except in
a state of Islam with complete submission to Allah. And hold fast, all of
you together, to the rope of Allah (i.e. Qur'an), and be not divided among
yourselves;
and remember with gratitude Allah's favors on you; for you were
enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace you became
brothers; and you were on the brink of the pit of fire, and He saved you
from it. Thus Allah make His signs clear to you that you may be guided."

[Surah Al'Imran (3); ayah 102-103]

The Faithful are but brothers..." [Surah Al-Hujurat (49): ayah 10]

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) also said:

"An Arab is no better than a non-Arab. In return, a non-Arab is no better
than an Arab. A red raced man was not better than a black one except in
piety. Mankind are all Adam's children and Adam was created out of clay."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim, on the authority of Abu Musa]

And also:

The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one
body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with
wakefulness and fever."
[Sahih Muslim],

So if we actually followed the way of Allaah Almighty and his beloved Messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family) - then we would be successful. But we're not even following the orders given, and we're putting ourselves into sects and putting nationalism before our faith, this is one of the reasons why we are failing.

This won't just change by itself, but we as muslims will have to take the first step;

Allah does not change a people's lot unless they change what is in their hearts.
(Qur'an 13:11)

Once we implement islam in our lives before anything else; only then will we be successful..

O you who believe, accept Islam whole heartedly and do not follow thefoot steps of the devil for he is your open enemy
(Qur'an 2:208).

wa Allaahu ta'aala a'lam. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.