/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Prophet's Protection of Tawheed

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-07-2006, 10:37 PM
:sl:

I'm taking this from another forum, and i think the poster there wont mind.

PROPHET’S (SAW) PROTECTION OF TAWHEED

1- Prohibited Mosques over Graves

"May Allaah (SWT) curse the Jews and Christians who took the graves of their Prophets as places of worship - do not imitate them."

2- Forbade Burying the Dead Inside Mosques

“The Messenger of Allaah (SAS) said: "Oh, Allaah! Do not let my grave become an idol that is worshipped: Allaah's Wrath is immense against those peoples who turned the graves of their Prophets into mosques."

"Do not make your homes into graves, nor make my grave into a place of celebration. Send your prayers and blessings upon me, for they will be conveyed to me wherever you may be." [Narrated by Abu Dawood]

3- Forbade Worshipping Allaah at Places Where Shirk Occurs or Has Occurred

“At the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), a man vowed to sacrifice some camels in Buwaanah. He came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, ‘I have vowed to sacrifice some camels in Buwaanah.’ The Prophet Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘Were there any idols there that were worshipped during the Jaahiliyyah?’ He said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Did they hold any of their festivals there?’ He said, ‘No.’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Then fulfil your vow, for there is no fulfilment of any vow which involves disobeying Allaah, or with regard to something that the son of Adam does not own.’” (Narrated by Abu Dawood).

4- Forbade Worshipping Allaah at Times Shirk Occurs

‘Uqbah bin Aamir said, There were three times at which Allah's Messenger (pbuh) used to forbid us to pray or bury our dead: (i) When the sun began to rise until it was fully up, (ii) When the sun was at its height at midday till it passed the meridian, (iii) When the sun drew near to setting till it had set. [Reported by Muslim]

5- Forbade Exaggeration in General

"Beware of exaggerated praise, for it was only this which led those before you to destruction." [Reported by Ahmad, An-Nasaa’ee and Ibn Maajah]

"Destroyed are those who are extreme" And he repeated it three times. [Reported by Muslim]

6- Forbade Muslims from Excessively Praising Him

"Do not extoll me as the Christians extolled the son of Maryam (AS); I am no more than a slave (of Allah) and so (instead), say: Allah's Slave and His Messenger." [Narrated by Al-Bukhaaree]

7- Forbade the Companions to Stand up in His Presence

'You were about to do what the Persians and Romans do. They stand in front of their kings when they are seated. Do not do that.” [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree]

"No person was dearer to them than the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but when they saw him they did not stand up for him because they knew that he disliked that." [Related by Ahmad and At-Tirmidhee]

8- Forbade Image-Making

"The people who will receive the severest punishment on the Day of Resurrection will be those who try to make the like of Allah’s creation." [Related by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

"The painters of these pictures will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be said to them, Make alive what you have created.’ [Related by Al-Bukhaaree]

“While I was with Ibn 'Abbaas a man came and said, "O father of 'Abbaas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn 'Abbaas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allaah's Apostle . I heard him saying, 'Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' " Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn 'Abbaas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects." [Related by Al-Bukhaaree, 3/428]

9- Forbade Muslims from Imitating the Disbelievers

"Whoever imitates a nation is one of them!" [Narrated by Abu Daawood]

“The one who imitates people other than us (i.e., in faith) is not from us. Do not imitate the Jews or the Christians” [Reported by At-Tirmidhee]

10- Commanded to Level all Raised Graves

"Should I not despute you on a mission on which I was sent by Allaah’s Messenger (SAW)? Deface all the pictures which you come across and demolish all the high graves to the level of earth." [Related by Muslim]

11- Reminded Muslims Regarding True Purpose of Visiting Graves

"I had forbidden you to visit the graves, but (now I allow you) so visit them for they remind you of the Hereafter.” [Reported by Muslim and Abu Daawood.]

“The Prophet (SAS) used to teach them (what to say) if they went out to the graveyards. They used to say: Peace be upon you all, O inhabitants of the graves, amongst the believers and the Muslims. Surely we will, Allaah willing, be united with you, we ask Allaah for well-being for us and you.” [Narrated by Muslim]

12- Forbade Certain Phrases Which Lead to Shirk

A Jewish man came to the Prophet (SAS) and said to him: "Verily, you (Muslims) commit Shirk, for you say: "As Allaah (SWT) Wills and as you will;" and you say: "By the Ka'bah!" And so the Prophet (SAS) ordered whoever wanted to swear, to say: "By the Rabb of the Ka'abah!" and to say: "As Allah (swt ) Wills, then as you will." [Narrated by An-Nasaa`ee]

A man came to the Prophet (SAS) and he said: "As Allaah (SWT ) and you, will," at which, the Prophet (SAS) said: "Would you set me up as a partner beside Allaah (SWT )? (Say "As Allah (SWT), Alone Wills." [Narrated by An-Nasaa`ee]

"Verily, the lowest name to Allaah is that of a man who calls himself "King of kings," for there is no king except Allah (SWT)." [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree]

13- Prohibited Making an Oath or Swearing by Any Created Object

“Whoever swears by anything other than Allaah has committed shirk.” [Narrated by Imaam Ahmad]

14- Forbade Undertaking A Religious Journey Except to Three Masaajid

"Do not saddle up your riding beasts, except to three mosques: "The Sacred Mosque (in Makkah), this mosque of mine and Al-Aqsaa Mosque (in Jerusalem)." [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
05-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Jazakallahu Khayr

I didn't understand the last point

14- Forbade Undertaking A Religious Journey Except to Three Masaajid

"Do not saddle up your riding beasts, except to three mosques: "The Sacred Mosque (in Makkah), this mosque of mine and Al-Aqsaa Mosque (in Jerusalem)." [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]
What is meant by that last point? You mean to say if I for example with to another country just to vite the Masjid there- its not allowed?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-08-2006, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Jazakallahu Khayr

I didn't understand the last point

What is meant by that last point? You mean to say if I for example with to another country just to vite the Masjid there- its not allowed?

This Hadith is directed at those people who undertake a journey specifically to visit the shrine of a "saint" or an "auwliya". It is only permissible to take a journey to three mosques when that is your only intention. As per the Hadtihs preceding this, you can see that building shrines itself is forbidden in Islam. Therefore, it is only permissible to take a journey to these three mosques with that intention. i.e. I want to visit the Masjid Al-Haram etc.

Riya90
05-08-2006, 08:44 PM
JazakALlah for dis wonderful article brother

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khayal
05-09-2006, 04:08 PM

jazaak ALLAH for sharing very Informative article.

Muslim Soldier
05-09-2006, 04:13 PM
wow

Umm Yoosuf
05-10-2006, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Åhmed

This Hadith is directed at those people who undertake a journey specifically to visit the shrine of a "saint" or an "auwliya". It is only permissible to take a journey to three mosques when that is your only intention. As per the Hadtihs preceding this, you can see that building shrines itself is forbidden in Islam. Therefore, it is only permissible to take a journey to these three mosques with that intention. i.e. I want to visit the Masjid Al-Haram etc.

Ok. Jazakallahu Khayr for clearing that up.

Patience
05-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Very nice post :)

05-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Jazakallah khair! That was a lot of knowledge mashaallah!:)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-15-2006, 02:56 PM

May Allah protect us from the shaytaan and may we obey only Allah and worship only Allah Ameen.

Maimunah
05-18-2006, 10:13 AM
ameen to the duaa
jazakaAllah khayr bro Ahmad:)
wasalaam

muslimah_here
05-27-2006, 09:33 AM
MASHALLAh that was good and I manged to read all of it as it wasnt very long winded to the point!! :)

ALLAHAFIZ.

wafa islam
06-07-2006, 07:48 AM
:salamext:

Wonderful! Beneficial information!

Jaza kAllahu khayr

:wasalamex

Ssss_muslimah
07-13-2006, 02:21 PM
didnt get this point:

Forbade Exaggeration in General

"Beware of exaggerated praise, for it was only this which led those before you to destruction." [Reported by Ahmad, An-Nasaa’ee and Ibn Maajah]

"Destroyed are those who are extreme" And he repeated it three times. [Reported by Muslim]

does this mean that people who sometimes exaggerate telling a story or lie are committing shirk????:?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-13-2006, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ssss_muslimah
didnt get this point:

Forbade Exaggeration in General

does this mean that people who sometimes exaggerate telling a story or lie are committing shirk????:?

It means exaggeration of people. For example, there is a pious person and people exaggerate his status and after he dies make a shrine around his grave start making dua to him there, and start using him as an intercessor. That is the exaggeration that the hadith is reffering to.

This is what the chrisitians are guilty of. They exaggerated the status of Isa (as) and ascribed divinity to him.

amirah_87
07-18-2006, 12:41 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

JzaakAllaahu khayran akhee, Alhamdulillah i found this today cuase i was asked for a daleel about image making yesterday,but i could'nt remember the hadeeth to its exact!! :(
8- Forbade Image-Making

"The people who will receive the severest punishment on the Day of Resurrection will be those who try to make the like of Allah’s creation." [Related by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

"The painters of these pictures will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be said to them, Make alive what you have created.’ [Related by Al-Bukhaaree]

“While I was with Ibn 'Abbaas a man came and said, "O father of 'Abbaas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn 'Abbaas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allaah's Apostle . I heard him saying, 'Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' " Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn 'Abbaas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects." [Related by Al-Bukhaaree, 3/428]
BaarakAllaahu feek akhee! :happy:

halimahbintdavi
10-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Bismilla

assalaam Alaikum,

http://survivorsareus.com/index.cfm/...awheed_Tauheed

Masha Allah very big with lot of information on tawheed to make this matter insha Allah very clear. May Allah make this of much benefit to you, insha allah.

boriqee
10-24-2006, 01:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed

barakallahu feek for the point,s however, this issue right here has ikhtilaaf amongst ahlu-sunnah. Imaam Bin Baz and uthaymeen differed with al-Albanee on this issue, so it is not in totality rejected, however the manner in how it is performed is what is rejected e.g. the making of hajj to the qubur of rifa'i or Jilaanee or Shadhilee.
I had just wished to point that out akhee
asalamu alaikum

Sadia25
10-24-2006, 02:08 AM
jazakallah for sharing the post!! very nice!

Ummu Sufyaan
10-24-2006, 11:04 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters

jaakallahu khair

boriqee
12-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Akhee HAmad

Inshallah I would like to make a breif explaination to this wonderful risala and put it on pdf

asalamu alaikum

Skillganon
03-07-2007, 11:47 AM
The Three Fundamental Principles (Text)
AUTHOR: Imaam Muhammad bin 'Abdil-Wahhaab [Died 1206H]
TRANSLATED: Al-Ibaanah Book Publishing
PRODUCED BY: Al-Ibaanah.com

About the Book:
Before you is a complete translation of the great classical treatise “Thalaathat-ul-Usool” [The Three Fundamental Principles] of Imaam Muhammad bin ‘Abdil-Wahhaab. The source used for this translation was a booklet with the title “The Creed of the Saved Sect” printed by Maktab-ul-Islamee in 1993 [5th Edition] with checking by Zuhair Shawaish. This book is not to be confused with “al-Usool-uth-Thalaatha” which is another work written by Imaam Ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab.

This treatise needs no introduction, as it is one of the Islamic works that is most studied and taught throughout the world. In fact, many of the scholars recommend the students of knowledge to begin their path of learning by studying and mastering this booklet. The reason for this is because it was written by the author in a simple manner and comprising of the basic fundamentals of this Religion in brief. The material contained in the treatise was designed to be easily memorized and understood.

It is our intent, by producing this treatise, to provide the English audience with the source of this tremendous work so that they may study it in gatherings and use it as a reference. There are several explanations available for “The Three Fundamental Principles” that were written in recent times, such as that of Imaam Muhammad bin Saalih Al-‘Uthaimeen, Shaikh Zayd Al-Madkhalee and Shaikh Saalih Aali Shaikh.

Quotes from the Book:
“Know, may Allaah have mercy on you, that we are obligated to learn four matters: First: Knowledge, which means: awareness of Allaah, awareness of His Prophet, and awareness of the Religion of Islaam, based on evidences. Second: Acting on this. Third: Calling to it. Fourth: Patience with the harm that befalls due to it. The proof for this is Allaah’s saying: ‘In the Name of Allaah, the Most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy. By the time! Verily mankind is at loss – except for those who believe and perform righteous deeds, and advise one another towards the truth and advise one another towards patience.’ [Surah Al-‘Asr] Ash-Shaafi’ee, may Allaah have mercy on him, said: ‘Had Allaah not sent down a proof to His creation other than this surah (chapter), it would have been sufficient for them.’”

“Know, may Allaah grant you the ability to obey Him, that Al-Haneefiyyah, the Religion of Ibraaheem, is that you worship Allaah alone, making the religion sincerely (i.e. solely) for Him. This is what Allaah ordered all of mankind to do, and this is the purpose for which He created them, as Allaah says: ‘And I did not create the Jinn and mankind except to worship Me.’ [Surah Adh-Dhaariyaat: 56] The meaning of ‘to worship Me’ is “to single Me out (in worship).” The greatest thing that Allaah commanded is Tawheed, which means: Singling Allaah out in worship. And the greatest thing that Allaah warned against is Shirk, which is: Supplicating to others along with Him.”

“Knowledge of your Prophet, Muhammad: He is Muhammad, the son of ‘Abdullaah, the son of ‘Abdul-Mutallib bin Haashim. Haashim was from the (the tribe of) Quraysh and Quraysh was from the Arabs. And the Arabs are from the offspring of (Prophet) Isma’eel, son of (Prophet) Ibraaheem. May Allaah send the best of His peace and blessings on him and on our Prophet (Muhammad). He lived for sixty-three years, forty of which was prior to his prophethood and twenty-three of which he spent as a prophet, messenger. He became a prophet due to (Allaah’s saying): ‘Read’ [Surah ‘Alaq: 1] and a messenger due to: ‘O you wrapped in garments.’ [Surah Al-Muddathir: 1] His homeland was Makkah, and he (later) migrated to Madeenah. Allaah sent him to warn against Shirk (polytheism) and to call to Tawheed (pure monotheism). The proof for this is Allaah’s saying: ‘O you wrapped in garments. Rise and warn! And magnify your Lord (Allaah). And purify your garments. And abandon ar-rujz (idols). And do not give away something in order to have more. And be patient for the sake of your Lord.’ [Surah Al-Muddathir: 1-7]”

Download the Text of this book in Arabic (Right Click and Save)
“Thalaathat-ul-Usool”

The Three Fundamental Principles (Text)

Noor 13
11-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Jazak Allah for this beneficial post:happy:
Very good information

Sadiyah
05-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Salam walaikum,
I thank you for the inofrmationa and it was very beneficial to me masha'allah.
May Allah reward you in kindness
Allah hafiz

AlauDDin
09-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Jazzaak All-llahu khajr!

A very correct post!

talipot
09-25-2009, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik

It means exaggeration of people. For example, there is a pious person and people exaggerate his status and after he dies make a shrine around his grave start making dua to him there, and start using him as an intercessor. That is the exaggeration that the hadith is reffering to.

This is what the chrisitians are guilty of. They exaggerated the status of Isa (as) and ascribed divinity to him.

Alhamdolillah beautiful article, anyway flatery is the cheapest way of appreciation.
All praise is for Allah

unitedmuslim73
11-10-2009, 09:45 PM
This reply is for the 3rd point ( not to pray where shirk occurs or has occured )

It was found that from Hazrat Ibraheem till the last prophet that there was about 360 idols kept near the holy Kaaba for woshipping. If non muslims used to pray there, so why are muslims praying there?

Peace be upon the prophet Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.