/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Learning Arabic

yoshiyahu
05-06-2005, 02:48 AM
For learning Hebrew, there are a number of online courses that persons can take (free of charge, you just have to buy the book). Usually they're done through things like Yahoo! groups. Do y'all know of any similar groups for learning Arabic?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
05-06-2005, 09:18 AM
hmm dunno..there probably are but i dont check
but i know of a site that is downloaded from arabic books..
so basically free

MetSudaisTwice
05-06-2005, 09:19 AM
i need to learn arabic quickly can anyone help?

Genius
05-06-2005, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
i need to learn arabic quickly can anyone help?
Arabic comes from a whole different family of languages to English, while English is Indo-European Arabic is semitic, it's a whole different language system, it would take at least 7-12 months for oral fluency and up to 2 years for fluency in writing etc.

Yosh if you know hebrew it won't be too steep a learning curve as both are semitic.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
yoshiyahu
05-11-2005, 03:56 AM
I was planning on finishing learning Hebrew (I know enough to read, but I couldn't really hold a conversation), then learning Arabic, then Judeo-Arabic, and then a few others (unrelated).

I do hope my knowledge of Hebrew ill help. IIRC, Arabic is the 2nd closest language to Hebrew around anymore (2nd only to Aramaic)

Anyone know of any sites at all?

A7med
05-11-2005, 06:25 AM
we learn arabic at my school but it takes a LLOONNNGG time :confused:

MuslimaH~SistaH
01-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Your Lucky,Manshallah!

~~Salam~~

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.