/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halaal Symbol

Maarya
05-08-2006, 05:37 PM
:sl:
kelloggs cereals and lyons biscuits have halaal smbol on them. (i don't no if u've noticed).
if u people ring em up and tell em what a good thing it is that they've done and buy their biscuites and cereals then other companies will see and hopefully they will start using halaal symbol aswell, and that will benefit us.:)
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
786rani
05-08-2006, 06:17 PM
what do you mean halal symbol?
rani

Kittygyal
05-08-2006, 06:19 PM
salam.
erm..sis rani i think she means they are suitable for vegertarians? (not sure though)
w.salam

Maarya
05-08-2006, 06:41 PM
u know u have a 'v' for suitable for vegetarians, well it's like that except it says 'halaal'. look on the side of a kellogg's box. u'll see it there.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Soldier
05-08-2006, 06:45 PM
I think that just writing halaal does not necessarily mean it is halaal. Some time ago I read sumthin about frosties having pig prodcuts.

Sahraxx
05-08-2006, 06:46 PM
mashallah thats great islamic needs are finally being recognised

Muezzin
05-08-2006, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
I think that just writing halaal does not necessarily mean it is halaal.
That's true. We should still check the ingredients just in case. Anybody could stick a halal logo on their product, even if it's a tray of pork chops.

strider
05-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Assalamu alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
That's true. We should still check the ingredients just in case. Anybody could stick a halal logo on their product, even if it's a tray of pork chops.
I highly doubt that, seeing that all products you find on the shelf of your local supermarket are regulated by the foods regulating body and any company found to be misleading its consumers can have extremely harsh penalties levved on them, not something i think anyone would desire.

About the halal symbol, i can't say i have noticed. I shall make a point of checking next time i'm out shopping, InshaAllah. :) Personally, i think this is a move long overdue. It is so cool shopping and eating out in South Africa as all the halal products carry with them a symbol proclaiming it is fit for Muslim consumption, so it saves time having to read through all the ingredients.

Ma'assalama

Muslim Soldier
05-08-2006, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum

It is so cool shopping and eating out in South Africa as all the halal products carry with them a symbol proclaiming it is fit for Muslim consumption, so it saves time having to read through all the ingredients.

Ma'assalama
True. Almost all things on SA shelves have the halaal label on them but I dot think all of them are halaal.

strider
05-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Assalamu alaikum

True. Almost all things on SA shelves have the halaal label on them but I dot think all of them are halaal.
If you can't trust your scholars, then who can you trust?:?

Ma'assalama

Muslim Soldier
05-08-2006, 07:09 PM
I trust the scholars, I dont trust the producers. There are not many muslims in South Africa are there?

strider
05-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I trust the scholars, I dont trust the producers. There are not many muslims in South Africa are there?
There is a huge population of Muslims in South Africa. The symbols on the products in South Africa proclaim that they have been approved by the Muslim Council (or whatever that body is called). Producers wouldn't classify their food as Halal without Muslims checking over the ingredients and saying it was Halal.

Ma'assalama

Muslim Soldier
05-08-2006, 07:21 PM
oh ok. Thaks then
By the way, is the islamic shria of slaughtering cows used in Brazil? Coz on the canned beef it says halaal, packed in Brazil.

strider
05-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Assalamu alaikum

oh ok. Thaks then
By the way, is the islamic shria of slaughtering cows used in Brazil? Coz on the canned beef it says halaal, packed in Brazil.
I don't know about Brazil so i can't possibly pass comment. If you don't trust the food, then simply don't eat it. :)

Ma'assalama

x Maz x
05-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Yup strider aggree with you sister!...i mean leave what is doubtful to you InshAllah WalaykumAsalaam x

x Maz x
05-08-2006, 07:48 PM
"Give up what is doubtful to you for that which is not doubtful; for truth is peace of mind and falsehood is doubt". [At-Tirmidhi].

Kittygyal
05-08-2006, 08:06 PM
salam.
well i agree with bro muslim soldier cause it's so true that on most products they stick any labels saying it halal which it aint so there you go shows how keen they are selling there products and lieing and lieng with there blind eyes!!!
w.salam

786rani
05-08-2006, 08:24 PM
oh i get it. u mean the "v" on the side?
rani

strider
05-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Assalamu alaikum, sister

format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
well i agree with bro muslim soldier cause it's so true that on most products they stick any labels saying it halal which it aint so there you go shows how keen they are selling there products and lieing and lieng with there blind eyes!!!
w.salam
With all due respect, i really do think that statement is jumping the gun, alittle. Producers can't simply slap on label saying it is Halal. :)

Ma'assalama

strider
05-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Assalamu alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by 786rani
rani
No, sister. The 'V' stands for vegetarian. There is a specific label put on products which makes it clear that the product is Halal.

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
05-08-2006, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum, sister

With all due respect, i really do think that statement is jumping the gun, alittle. Producers can't simply slap on label saying it is Halal. :)

Ma'assalama
salam.
well sis you never trust people these days not all producers are muslims they can just stick it for there products to be sold and believe me you it's happened to me millions of time and also it say ''suitable for vegertarians'' well to be honest reading the ingredients no it isn't so there you go it shows that they want us to buy the product so they do just stick labeld also sis it depends where you live cause in most places it may not happen but where i live it's often in suppermarkets and it just sucks!
w.salam :)

Kittygyal
05-08-2006, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 786rani
rani
salam.
sis ''v'' stands for vegertarians and there is another symbol where it say ''halal'' which mostly it's on flour and other products you may see it on shops front label :p
w.salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.