/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ribena

Maarya
05-08-2006, 05:42 PM
:sl:
i've heard from reliable sources that ribena contains alcohol. is this true?
i'm not sure, but i've stopped drinking it just in case.:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
05-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Salaam

I can't even remember the last time I drank it.

Muslim Soldier
05-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Well I had heard it too. Let me check.

BlissfullyJaded
05-08-2006, 05:47 PM
:sl:

Ribena
The majority of the Ribena range and, in particular, Ribena blackcurrant variants (original, light, toothkind concentrates (squash) and ready to drink products) do not contain any added alcohol or animal derived ingredients. Only a small proportion of the range contain either of such ingredients, as listed (attached).

For the rest click here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strider
05-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Ribena and Lucozade both contain alcohol, but in such a miniscule amounts(0.01%) that it has been permitted for Muslim's to consume, as by the time we drink it all traces of it have gone.

Ma'assalama

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-08-2006, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum

Ribena and Lucozade both contain alcohol, but in such a miniscule amounts(0.01%) that it has been permitted for Muslim's to consume, as by the time we drink it all traces of it have gone.

Ma'assalama
something similar about vinegar aswell init :?

Muslim Soldier
05-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Lucozade contains 0.01% of ethyl alcohol to ensure the flavouring permeates the whole drink.
Its chairman, Zaki Badawi, a former adviser on Islam to the Prince of Wales, concluded: "I see no harm in consuming Ribena and Lucozade which contain traces of ethyl alcohol and animal ingredients that do not bear their original qualities and do not change the taste, colour or smell of the product."

Another source

These sources mention that alcohol is so little that it is halal, yet I advise you to refrian from driking them as they may have ill effects on your soul.

Starseeker
05-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Don't drink Ribena because theres always Vimto around!

Kittygyal
05-08-2006, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
something similar about vinegar aswell init :?
salam.
i heard that too wonder why all these products contain alcohol ;D
w.salam

Kittygyal
05-08-2006, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarah999
Don't drink Ribena because theres always Vimto around!
salam.
well sis ''vimto just sucks more like it don't drink ribena cause there's always ''water'' ariund :)
w.salam

strider
05-08-2006, 05:54 PM
It is part of the natural process of making vinegar.

glo
05-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Many medicines contain small quantities of alcohol.
Is it halal to consume those?

Starseeker
05-08-2006, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
well sis ''vimto just sucks more like it don't drink ribena cause there's always ''water'' ariund :)
w.salam
That not a very nice thing to say about purple ronnie now is it? :okay: :okay:

broth3r Ali
05-08-2006, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum

Ma'assalama

salaam ^^^^ :thumbs_up ^^^^

786rani
05-08-2006, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
if ther's no other choice then yes i think it is halal.
rani

Kittygyal
05-08-2006, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarah999
That not a very nice thing to say about purple ronnie now is it? :okay: :okay:
salam.
well can't see purple roonie but although can say ribeana has got alcohol so all out there bann your self's drinking alcohol!!!
w.salam

Muslim Soldier
05-08-2006, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
This is according to what I know. If there are no other medicines like the one cotaining alcohol and if using the medicine is a life or death issue then I think the medicie is allowed.

strider
05-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Assalamu alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
This is according to what I know. If there are no other medicines like the one cotaining alcohol and if using the medicine is a life or death issue then I think the medicie is allowed.
In a life and death situation, of course it is allowed. Even eating a pig, in a life and death situation, is permitted. Life, in any form is sacred, thus must be preserved.

Ma'assalama

Maarya
05-08-2006, 06:38 PM
with medicines, like sis strider said, in life-death situations u have to, but most medicines come in different types. if it's in a tablet then it ma also be in a syrup.
i have to take iron twice a day, the tablets contain gelatine so my mum asked for an alernative and they gave me syrup instead.
ALL CAPSULES CONTAIN GELATINE. so ask ur docor to always give you tablets or caplets or syrup.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.