/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hair

Abdullah4ever
05-08-2006, 08:05 PM
:sl:

I dont know if i should cut my hair, i want it loong like the prophet but sometimes if when i sleep it gets curly like a afro then i have to put oil and comb it in a way so that its like not curly, but i dont know if i should cut it 'cause now its like at my earlobes or past... and it really itchs :heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-08-2006, 08:11 PM
salam.
lolz that makes me laugh but at the end of the day bro if the prophet did that and you are doing that then certainly if i was a boy and in your position i would cut me side balls and just leave it grow but an afro wo0o0w there hair are cool man, am really proud of you bro and alhamdullilah you have follow the prophets role model and what he did i am proud of you :)
my advice is to go and just get it trimmed (if that's allowed though)
w.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever

I dont know if i should cut my hair, i want it loong like the prophet but sometimes if when i sleep it gets curly like a afro then i have to put oil and comb it in a way so that its like not curly, but i dont know if i should cut it 'cause now its like at my earlobes or past... and it really itchs :heated:
lol i heard the prophet use to hav short hair sumtimes aswell ;)

Kittygyal
05-08-2006, 08:23 PM
salam.
read this bro though it will be very useful :)
Hair

According to Quran and Sunnah

Fake Hair

Hadith - Bukhari 4:674, Narrated Humaid bin 'Abdur-Rahman , see also Bukhari 4:694, 7:816

That he heard Muawiya bin Abi Sufyan (talking) on the pulpit in the year when he performed the Hajj. He took a tuft of hair that was in the hand of an orderly and said, "O people of Medina! Where are your learned men? I heard the Prophet forbidding such a thing as this (i.e. false hair) and he used to say, 'The Israelis were destroyed when their ladies practiced this habit (of using false hair to lengthen their locks)."

Hadith - Bukhari 7:133, Narrated 'Aisha , see also Bukhari 7:818

An Ansari woman gave her daughter in marriage and the hair of the latter started falling out. The Ansari women came to the Prophet and mentioned that to him and said, "Her (my daughter's) husband suggested that I should let her wear false hair." The Prophet said, "No, (don't do that) for Allah sends His curses upon such ladies who lengthen their hair artificially."

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated Jabir ibn Adullah

Allah's Apostle reprimanded that a woman should add anything to her head (in the form of artificial hair).

Forbidden Haircuts

Hadith - Bukhari 7:803, Narrated Ubaidullah bin Hafs

that 'Umar bin Nafi' told him that Nafi', Maula 'Abdullah had heard 'Umar saying, "I heard Allah's Apostle forbidding Al-Qaza'." 'Ubaidullah added: I said, "What is Al-Qaza'?" 'Ubaidullah pointed (towards his head) to show us and added, "Nafi' said, 'It is when a boy has his head shaved leaving a tuft of hair here and a tuft of hair there." Ubaidullah pointed towards his forehead and the sides of his head. 'Ubaidullah was asked, "Does this apply to both girls and boys?" He said, "I don't know," but Nafi' said, -The boy." 'Ubaidullah added, "I asked Nafi' again, and he said, 'As for leaving hair on the temples and the back part of the boy's head, there is no harm, but Al-Qaza' is to leave a tuft of hair on his forehead unshaved while there is no hair on the rest of his head, and also to leave hair on either side of his head.' "

When to Cut Hair

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated Anas ibn Malik

A time limit has been prescribed for us for clipping the moustache, cutting the nails, plucking hair under the armpits, shaving the pubes, that it should not be neglected far more than forty nights.

Braided (Plaited) Hair

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated Umm Salamah

I said: Messenger of Allah, I am a woman who has closely plaited hair on my head; should I undo it for taking a bath, because of sexual intercourse? He (the Prophet ) said: No, it is enough for you to throw three handfuls of water on your head and then pour water over yourself, and you shall be purified.

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas

Ibn Abbas saw Abdullah ibn al-Harith observing the prayer and (his hair) was plaited behind his head. He (Abdullah ibn Abbas) stood up and unfolded them. While going back (from the prayer) he met Ibn Abbas and said to him: why is it that you touched my head? He (Ibn Abbas) replied: (The man who observes prayer with plaited hair) is like one who prays with his hands tied behind.

Hair Coloring

Hadith - Bukhari 4:668, Narrated Abu Huraira , see also Bukhari 7:786

Allah's Apostle said, "The Jews and the Christians do not dye (their grey hair), so you shall do the opposite of what they do (i.e. dye your grey hair and beards)."

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah

When AbuQuhafah (father of AbuBakr) came in the Year of Victory or on the Day of Victory (to the Prophet to pledge his allegiance to him) his head and his beard were white like hyssop. He (the Prophet ) commanded or the women were commanded by him that they should change this with something (that the color of his hair should be changed).

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated 'Ubaid Ibn Juraij

...And about the dyeing of hair with Hinna; no doubt I saw Allah's Apostle dyeing his hair with it and that is why I like to dye (my hair with it)...

Disposing of Hair after Haircuts

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated Anas ibn Malik

I saw when the Messenger of Allah got his hair cut by the barber, his Companions came round him and they eagerly wanted that no hair should fall but in the hand of a person.

Grey Hair

Hadith - Abu Dawud, Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As

The Apostle of Allah said: Do not pluck out grey hair. If any believer grows a grey hair in Islam, he will have light on the Day of Resurrection. (This is Sufyan's version). Yahya's version says: Allah will record on his behalf a good deed for it, and will blot out a sin for it.

Hadith - Abu Dawud, Narrated AbuDharr

The Prophet said: The best things with which grey hair are changed are henna and katam.

Hadith - Abu Dawud, Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud

The Prophet of Allah disliked ten things: Yellow colouring, meaning khaluq, dyeing grey hair, trailing the lower garment, wearing a gold signet-ring, a woman decking herself before people who are not within the prohibited degrees, throwing dice, using spells except with the Mu'awwidhatan, wearing amulets, withdrawing the penis before the semen is discharged, in the case of a woman who is wife or not a wife, and having intercourse with a woman who is suckling a child; but he did not declare them to be prohibited.

Combing

Hadith - Bukhari, Narrated 'Aisha , see also Bukhari 7:745

The Prophet used to like to start from the right side on wearing shoes, combing his hair and cleaning or washing himself and on doing anything else.

Hadith - Bukhari 1:294, Narrated 'Aisha , see also Bukhari 1:295, 3:362

While in menses, I used to comb the hair of Allah's Apostle .

Hadith - Abu Dawud, Narrated Abdullah ibn Mughaffal

The Apostle of Allah forbade combing the hair except every second day.

Shaving the Head

Hadith - Bukhari 2:785, Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar

Allah's Apostle said, "O Allah! Be merciful to those who have their head shaved." The people said, "O Allah's Apostle! And (invoke Allah for) those who get their hair cut short." The Prophet said, "O Allah! Be merciful to those who have their head shaved." The people said, "O Allah's Apostle! And those who get their hair cut short." The Prophet said (the third time), "And to those who get their hair cut short." Nafi' said that the Prophet had said once or twice, "O Allah! Be merciful to those who get their head shaved," and on the fourth time he added, "And to those who have their hair cut short."

Hadith - Bukhari 2:787, Narrated 'Abdullah

The Prophet and some of his companions got their heads shaved and some others got their hair cut short. Narrated Muawiya: I cut short the hair of Allah's Apostle with a long blade.

Hadith - Bukhari 5:504, Narrated Ka'b bin Ujra

We were in the company of Allah's Apostle at Al-Hudaibiya in the state of Ihram and the pagans did not allow us to proceed (to the Ka'ba). I had thick hair and lice started falling on my face. The Prophet passed by me and said, "Are the lice of your head troubling you?" I replied, "Yes." The sub-narrator added, "Then the following Divine Verse was revealed: 'And if anyone of you is ill or has an ailment in his scalp, (necessitating shaving) must pay a ransom (Fida) of either fasting or feeding the poor, Or offering a sacrifice.' (2.196)"

Ghusl

Hadith - Abu Dawud, Narrated Thawban

Shurayh ibn Ubayd said: Jubayr ibn Nufayr gave me a verdict about the bath because of sexual defilement that Thawban reported to them that they asked the Prophet about it. He (the Prophet ) replied: As regards man, he should undo the hair of his head and wash it until the water should reach the roots of the hair. But there is no harm if the woman does not undo it (her hair) and pour three handfuls of water over her head.

Grooming

Hadith - Muwatta 51.7

Yahya related to me from Malik from Zayd ibn Aslam that Ata ibn Yasar told him that the Messenger of Allah was in the mosque when a man came in with dishevelled hair and beard. The Messenger of Allah motioned with his hand that he should be sent out to groom his hair and beard. The man did so and then returned. The Messenger of Allah said, "Isn't this better than that one of you should come with his head dishevelled, as if he were a shaytan?"

Hair Gathered On Top of Head

Hadith - Sahih Muslim, #6840, Narrated Abu Hurayrah

Allah's Apostle said: There are two types, amongst the denizens of Hell, I have yet not seen them. One possessing whips like the tail of an ox and they flog people with them. (The second one) the women who would be naked in spite of their being dressed, who are seduced (to wrong paths) and seduce others with their hair high like humps. These women would not get into Paradise and they would not perceive the odour of Paradise, although its fragrance can be perceived from such and such distance (from great distance).

During Salah

Hadith - Abu Dawud, Narrated AbuRafi'

Sa'id ibn AbuSa'id al-Maqburi reported on the authority of his father that he saw AbuRafi' the freed slave of the Prophet , passing by Hasan ibn Ali (Allah be pleased with them) when he was standing offering his prayer. He had tied the back knot of his hair. AbuRafi' untied it. Hasan turned to him with anger, AbuRafi' said to him: Concentrate on your prayer and do not be angry: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: This is the seat of the devil, referring to the back knot of the hair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Items for the uttaqun:

Do not pluck grey hairs
Get rid of those braid extensions and hair pieces!
Clip the moustache and nails, etc, within 40 days
Women should not put all her hair up on the top of her haid like a camel hump. She may put it up at home as long as some hair lays on her neck still, but not when leaving the house in hijab where the hump can be seen to be under the hijab and drawing attention to her hair.
While doing salah, a man should not have his hair braided or pulled back in a knot
Comb your hair from the right side first
Destroy your clipped nails and hair after cutting it by collecting it and burying it. It is not a sin if you don't destroy your hair, but it is preferable.
A woman should not have a hairstyle that resembles a man's hairstyle.
Do not imitate the hair styles or colors of the Jews and Christians; do the opposite!
Remember... Allah, subhana watala, sees everything we do!
w.salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
786rani
05-08-2006, 08:27 PM
i don't know islamically but it is good to see a muslim in this day and age following our beloved prophet.
rani

afriend
05-08-2006, 08:27 PM
LOL

Bro Abdullah....you should keep your hair long like the Prophet(SAW)..But on the other hand!

RasooAllah(SAW) also said, you should keep your hair oiled, washed, and combed.....If you can't do that then you should just leave it short....

Shukria
05-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Salam
Y don't guys just grow dere hair lyk da Prophet (saw) n looks beta anywaz..
Wasalam

afriend
05-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Some people have really THICK hair, or some people just can't keep their hair maintained decently.

Kittygyal
05-08-2006, 08:37 PM
salam.
why can't they go to the hair dressers and get it trimmed?? (is that allowed)
w.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
why can't they go to the hair dressers and get it trimmed?? (is that allowed)
w.salam
of course lol, i'll be shaving my head next weekend :happy:

Kittygyal
05-08-2006, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
of course lol, i'll be shaving my head next weekend :happy:
salam.
oops a boldy now are we ;D
erm...so getting it trimmed and then getting it bold wo0o0w that's certainly suits it ;D
and bro ABDULLAH you can use a straight silky champoo that works i used to use it but mine are naturally straight you ccan use that and then once you wake up the next morning they still be staright also do you comb your hair before you go to bed?

if yes,then that's good if no then start doing it and also keep 1 shampoo running and have a bath recently and comb it recently more like comb your hair everyday but gently (this works bro trust mi)
w.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 08:43 PM
^ its sunnah to comb ur hair every other day ;)

Kittygyal
05-08-2006, 08:45 PM
salam.
erm...bro do you mean it's sunnah to comb your hair everyday or every other day?
W.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 08:53 PM
salam.
erm...bro do you mean it's sunnah to comb your hair everyday or every other day?
W.salam
SUNNAN ABU DAWUD
Book 1, Number 0028:
Narrated A Man from the Companions:

Humayd al-Himyari said: I met a man (Companion of the Prophet) who remained in the company of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) just as AbuHurayrah remained in his company. He then added: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) forbade that anyone amongst us should comb (his hair) every day or urinate in the place where he takes a bath

lol i meant wat i sed the first time :p

Kittygyal
05-08-2006, 08:57 PM
salam.
bro i don't get you what do you mean by every other day???
do you mean there are certain days?
w.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 08:59 PM
salam.
bro i don't get you what do you mean by every other day???
do you mean there are certain days?
w.salam
no i jus mean comb ur hair every other day lol, not everyday :)

for example comb it on a monday, not on a tuesday, comb it on a wedsnday, not on a thursday :)

Kittygyal
05-08-2006, 09:00 PM
no i jus mean comb ur hair every other day lol, not everyday :)

for example comb it on a monday, not on a tuesday, comb it on a wedsnday, not on a thursday :)
salam.
but that's what am saying to bro Abdullah cause if he combs it like that then it's bound to go like a afro you should comb your hair every day and night to keep them healthy :)
w.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 09:04 PM
salam.
but that's what am saying to bro Abdullah cause if he combs it like that then it's bound to go like a afro you should comb your hair every day and night to keep them healthy :)
w.salam
lol i'll try giv more sourcing, i lost my copy of miskat :'( cant find it but it had a lot of sourcing. InshaAllah i'll post it up once i find it but its sunnah, combing it everyday is very ok ;)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A'ishah
is it really sunnah to comb ur hair evry othr day......?

i hardly ever brush my hair...:rollseyes
lol its also sunnah to KEEP UR HAIR NEAT :p

chacha_jalebi
05-08-2006, 09:09 PM
ji ji aishaa sis, in a hadiths RasoolAllah (saw) sed "whoeva has hair, should take care of it" :) so get combin lol :p

Hijaabi22
05-08-2006, 09:21 PM
[S]can women cut their hair?[/S]

*noor
05-08-2006, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------
of course, but not short enough to resemble a man.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------
lol i heard yes but to a certain extent, but dont take my word for it lemme research on it n get bak 2 u inshaAllah :)

*noor
05-08-2006, 09:35 PM
i use my fingers
thats how i keep my hair neat:p
i like to use something called a comb....lolz!!

chacha_jalebi
05-08-2006, 09:38 PM
if it gets infested with head lice then i believe women shud hav ther ganj don:p
agreed lol,

na dey can as long as it dnt resemble a man lik get a short cut or dem new funky cuts dat look lik u got run ova by a tire :p

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 09:40 PM
every time i buy a comb or brush i loos it:-/
so if i can pinch my sisters thats well an gud...otherwise its me an my fingers.
come to think of it i aint used a comb for LONG, i always use my fingers but its understandable coz i hav lke 2 mm of hair lol u prob hav like 1000 :uuh:

chacha_jalebi
05-08-2006, 09:48 PM
lol wots d world comin 2!!! :p

*noor
05-08-2006, 09:50 PM
every time i buy a comb or brush i loos it:embarrass
so if i can pinch my sisters thats well an gud...otherwise its me an my fingers.
i was kidding sis........i sometimes use my hands too, but not a lot cuz my hair is kinda long.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 09:50 PM
but if u get a ganj done then u can giv ur lil fingers a rest:p
lol wats this ganja business u keep talkin bout? R U TAKIN DRUGS??

chacha_jalebi
05-08-2006, 09:55 PM
:p we can help u wit ur exams lol :p !! i got exam nex week i aint revised 1 bit lol, lets talk bout hair!! lol

u no dem hair styles lik d punky 1s? r dey allowed? (i dont hav any intention of havin hair lik dat btw lol)

broth3r Ali
05-08-2006, 11:05 PM
salam.
w.salam
salaam

hahaahahha you joker!! ;D hahahaha!!!
i cant do with long hair!! makes me uncomfortable! :X

Abdullah4ever
05-08-2006, 11:42 PM

yea i wash it everyday and stuff and put oil a few times a week, but i dont like haircuts , the last time i had one was last summer ...

------
05-09-2006, 10:34 AM
come to think of it i aint used a comb for LONG, i always use my fingers but its understandable coz i hav lke 2 mm of hair lol u prob hav like 1000 :uuh:
Respect akhee!!!!!!!!! LOL NAH how can she have 1 metre of hair?!?! Thats stupid :heated:

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2006, 10:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
Respect akhee!!!!!!!!! LOL NAH how can she have 1 metre of hair?!?! Thats stupid :heated:
lol some people do :X

- Qatada -
05-09-2006, 01:41 PM
:salamext:

You guyz, please don't mention how u look like or what kinda hair u got to describe yourself because it can lead to fitnah.

Lets just stick to the main topic of brother Abdullah, because he's tryna follow the sunnah - but if you're just describing yourself for no reason, then i don't think its a good idea insha'Allaah.

jazak Allaah khayr. :)

Hijaabi22
05-09-2006, 02:17 PM
if it gets infested with head lice then i believe women shud hav ther ganj don:p
urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggh dats disgustin!!!!

how short can a woman cut her hair eh eh eh?

Hijaabi22
05-09-2006, 02:19 PM
;D ;D ;D guys are so luki y know dont have to worry bout their hair jus get outta bed and thats it

Hijaabi22
05-09-2006, 02:20 PM
u kno wat i HATE HATE HATE!! Wen a guy has spikey hair..u know gareth gates style......if u know hu he is

it luks SO DUMB!!! and they think it luks cool lol....all dat gel slapped on its like hellllllooooooooooo u need to wash ya hair mate. lol

- Qatada -
05-09-2006, 02:24 PM

ARE WOMEN ALLOWED TO CUT THEIR HAIR?

http://www.jamiat.org.za/isinfo/w_hair.html

:wasalamex

Snowflake
05-18-2006, 08:34 AM
The bro with the curly hair (sorry forgot ur name)

You can use milk to stop ur hair going frizzy.

Just rinse it through ur hair, leave for an hour then wash it out.

Or for a more permanent solution, have it relaxed at a salon. This is done using a perming solution but without the rollers. But if you feel too embarrased, which is quiet understandable then buy a hair relaxant kit from Boots and DIY it. Just read the instructions carefully.

syilla
05-18-2006, 08:46 AM
u know what... my husband is keeping his hair long...(now is below his shoulder)

his mother don't like it and always advise him to cut his hair...

what do u think he should do...? should he respect his mother advice and cut his hair...

another thing is...

i heard that u cannot cut your hair at saloon... coz u have to burry your hair (the loose/balance hair - after hair being cut) in the earth.
unless u can take the balance hair home with u...

is it true? correct me if i'm wrong...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.