/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rings

*noor
05-08-2006, 09:02 PM
salam ppl :)

does anyone know if it is haram to wear rings on the index fingers? people tell me that it is haram because it is that shahadah finger. but i have never come accross a hadith regarding this topic. if anyone knows anything about this topic or knows any hadith that might relate to my question, please post it here.

Jazaka Allah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*noor
05-08-2006, 09:12 PM
nobody has any idea????

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 09:15 PM
i dunno but i wear my Aqeeqa ring on my middle finger :?

*noor
whats Aqeeqa??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Shukria
Aqeeqa ring?
Sis I heard dat as well...need to research dat

afriend
05-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Hold on(edited for a bit)

IbnAbdulHakim
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukria
Aqeeqa ring?
Sis I heard dat as well...need to research dat
its that silver ring you wear on the middle finger of your right hand which has a black stone on it.

Shukria
R u sure...Bro Abd'Majid wat's an aqeeqa ring

Shukria
05-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Thnx..But y do u wear dat

*noor
05-08-2006, 09:20 PM
i still dont understand exactly what Aqeeqa ring is??

Hijaabi22
05-08-2006, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam

does anyone know if it is haram to wear rings on the index fingers? people tell me that it is haram because it is that shahadah finger. but i have never come accross a hadith regarding this topic. if anyone knows anything about this topic or knows any hadith that might relate to my question, please post it here.

Jazaka Allah khair
1st ive heard

Shukria
05-08-2006, 09:23 PM
I hav seen loads bros wearin it..don't kno y though

Shukria
05-08-2006, 09:24 PM
I'll try n find a pic

*noor
05-08-2006, 09:26 PM
umm.....can we not forget the initial reason of this thread?
does anyone know if its haram to wear a ring on your shahadah finger??

Shukria
05-08-2006, 09:26 PM
http://www.islamicrings.com/
check da 2nd 1

*noor
05-08-2006, 09:28 PM
does the ring mean anything or is it just any ring??

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Thnx..But y do u wear dat
like everything else, sunnah ;)

*noor
05-08-2006, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
like everything else, sunnah ;)
so what does the sunnah say about rings
and i really need to know are we allowed to wear a ring on our index finger?:?

some girls at the mosque tell me its haram but i never came across a hadith about that.

Shukria
05-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Sis, still lookin for it...

*noor
05-08-2006, 09:33 PM
sorry for being so impatient

afriend
05-08-2006, 09:36 PM
inshallah I'll ask my sheikh tomorrow...cos I cudn't find anything...

cos most likely it's not really true....

Shukria
05-08-2006, 09:37 PM
It's cool...Sunnipath closed down so lookin for other sites...Doesn't some1 else kno...coz I've heard dat as well...

*noor
05-08-2006, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
inshallah I'll ask my sheikh tomorrow...cos I cudn't find anything...
thanx bro:)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 09:39 PM
so what does the sunnah say about rings
and i really need to know are we allowed to wear a ring on our index finger?:?

some girls at the mosque tell me its haram but i never came across a hadith about that.
i lost my copy of mishkat for now :'(

but wen i find it i'll giv u the sourcing inshaALlah :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-08-2006, 09:40 PM
:sl:

Thread Moved.

:w:

*noor
ok thanx

Shukria
Bro,wat's a mishkat..usin terminology dat i haven't heard of

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Bro,wat's a mishkat..usin terminology dat i haven't heard of
miskat ul-masabih is a huge collection of hadith wiv interpretation for everything u need for daily life. covers everything wiv authentic sourcing. I had 4 volumes but i lost volume 1 :'(. i think my sisters got it! It always sources eiva sahih bukhari/muslim/abu dawud/tirmizi/nisaai/Ahmad :)

Shukria
05-08-2006, 09:43 PM
[BANANA]Jazakullah bro[/BANANA]

S_87
05-09-2006, 01:54 PM
how comes no ones checked the site islamqa.com? :p

Women can wear rings on any finger. Imaam al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The Muslims are agreed that the Sunnah is for men to wear rings on their little fingers, but as for women, they may wear rings on all their fingers.” (Sharh al-Nawawi ‘ala Muslim; ‘Awn al-Ma’bood, 11/286). And Allaah knows best.

islamqa

S_87
05-09-2006, 01:55 PM

now i have a question
is it ok to wear imitation rings? ie-not gold or silver?

------
05-09-2006, 01:56 PM
kool :)

Shukria
05-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Jazakullah sis amani..

I didn't look hard enuff, i just check sunnipath..don't kno y

mizan_aliashraf
05-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Salam
I wear a ring on my 3rd finger on the left hand!
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
05-09-2006, 01:58 PM
salam
i thought you are not allowed to wear a ring on your middle finger?
i wear an aqeeq ring, which was given to me from saudi, on my right hand, finger next to the small finger
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
05-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Salam
Not the middle finger, the 3rd one from the right
You can probably guess why!
Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
05-09-2006, 02:02 PM
salam
the third finger either way is the middle finger
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
05-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Salam
Sorry, i mean the one next to the small one
Wassalam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2006, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
i thought you are not allowed to wear a ring on your middle finger?
i wear an aqeeq ring, which was given to me from saudi, on my right hand, finger next to the small finger
wasalam

Ye your right bro!! Sorry my mistake. You're supposed to wear the aqeeqa ring on your right hand on the finger just after the small finger. Thats what i do :).

*noor
05-09-2006, 03:19 PM

Ye your right bro!! Sorry my mistake. You're supposed to wear the aqeeqa ring on your right hand on the finger just after the small finger. Thats what i do :).

i still dont understand aqeeqa ring.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2006, 03:40 PM
i still dont understand aqeeqa ring.

im sry i dont know how to explain it any better im afraid.

Kittygyal
05-09-2006, 03:41 PM

Jazaka Allah khair
salam.
According to the opinions of the majority of scholars it is haraam to wear a ring on the middle finger, index finger or on the thumb (for men and women). Otherwise, it is recommended for men to wear rings.

also sis in christianity you can wear rings in the index finger cause that represent you are engaged, but i heard in islam you should not wear it in the index finger cause when you die a snake will bite on that finger (but am not sure)
w.salam

*noor
05-09-2006, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
According to the opinions of the majority of scholars it is haraam to wear a ring on the middle finger, index finger or on the thumb (for men and women). Otherwise, it is recommended for men to wear rings.

also sis in christianity you can wear rings in the index finger cause that represent you are engaged, but i heard in islam you should not wear it in the index finger cause when you die a snake will bite on that finger (but am not sure)
w.salam
did you happen to see any hadith regarding this?:)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2006, 03:53 PM
salam.

w.salam

I have heard the same from a majority of the scholars. Best finger is the one closest to your small finger on your right hand.

Kittygyal
05-09-2006, 03:58 PM
did you happen to see any hadith regarding this?:)
salam.
5531. Humayd reported, "Anas was asked, 'Did the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, have a ring?' He answered, 'One night he delayed the 'Isha' prayer until the middle of the night. Then he came to us facing us and I can visualise the flash of his ring. He said, 'The people have prayed and gone to sleep. You are in the prayer as long as you are waiting for it.'"

5532. Mu'tamir heard Humayd relate from Anas that the ring of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was made of silver as was its bezel."

Yahya ibn Ayyub said that Humayd reported from Anas from the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace...
w.salam

Kittygyal
05-09-2006, 03:59 PM

I have heard the same from a majority of the scholars. Best finger is the one closest to your small finger on your right hand.

salam.
5536. 'Abdu'l-'Aziz ibn Suhayb related that Anas said, "The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, had a ring made and said, 'We have had a ring made and engraved something on it which none of you should engrave on it." Anas said, "I saw the glint of his ring on his little finger."
w.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2006, 03:59 PM
salam.
5531. Humayd reported, "Anas was asked, 'Did the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, have a ring?' He answered, 'One night he delayed the 'Isha' prayer until the middle of the night. Then he came to us facing us and I can visualise the flash of his ring. He said, 'The people have prayed and gone to sleep. You are in the prayer as long as you are waiting for it.'"

5532. Mu'tamir heard Humayd relate from Anas that the ring of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was made of silver as was its bezel."

Yahya ibn Ayyub said that Humayd reported from Anas from the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace...
w.salam

I think the sister would like to know who reported the hadith, ie: bukhari/muslim etc :)

Kittygyal
05-09-2006, 04:01 PM

I think the sister would like to know who reported the hadith, ie: bukhari/muslim etc :)

salam.
yes bro it Bukhari40 that's what it say but no idea what it means :(
w.salam

MetSudaisTwice
05-10-2006, 09:55 AM
salam
i think you are allowed to wear a ring either on your small finger or your finger next to the small one, i wear my aqeeq ring on my finger next to the small one, and i SS wears his aqeeq ring on his small finger, so i dont think there is any problem
wasalam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-10-2006, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
i think you are allowed to wear a ring either on your small finger or your finger next to the small one, i wear my aqeeq ring on my finger next to the small one, and i SS wears his aqeeq ring on his small finger, so i dont think there is any problem
wasalam

Same here :)

mizan_aliashraf
05-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Salam
I had an aqeeq ring (in fact i still have it) and i used to wear it on my small finger on my right hand, but i dislocated that finger once quite unpleasantly and the ring had to be cut off. So i learnt my lesson. I still have the ring (its in 3 pieces). I wear a smaller ring on my left hand, finger next to the small one.
Wassalam

05-10-2006, 10:32 AM
What is an aqeeq ring and what is it worn for?:?

IbnAbdulHakim
05-10-2006, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
What is an aqeeq ring and what is it worn for?:?

Refer to previous posts inshaAllah.
what the hey i'll repeat it:

Aqeeq ring is a ring with a black stone on the middle worn on the finger of the right hand closest to the small finger. Its sunnah is why.

Qurratul Ayn
05-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I think I know what you mean Brother Abd'Majid, like the silver rings that you get from Saudi Arabia when one goes to Hajj.

My younger Brother who has become a Hafiz may Inshallah Ta'ala may get one as you have said or written in this case Brother Abd'Majid that it is Sunnah, from my Mother.

And Sister nurofislam I never heard that wearing rings on a specific finger is Haraam for women. Maybe it is true, maybe it isn't Inshallah Ta'ala I shall try to look for information for you.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

MetSudaisTwice
05-12-2006, 10:20 AM
salam
jazakallah for the info bro abd majid and sis shakirah
wasalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.