/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Today I'm grateful for ...

glo
05-09-2006, 07:03 AM
Good morning all! :thankyou:

As I am eating my breakfast, preparing for the new day ahead, I am wondering what you are all feeling grateful for today ..

I am grateful for

A new day!

That first cup of coffee!

My job, which provides for me and my family.

My family and friends.

Those are just a few things popping into my head.

What about you?

Peace.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
05-09-2006, 08:10 AM
I am grateful for that

I am alive and still a Muslim.

A new day

Taking a fresh shower and ablution

Performing Fajr Prayer

A mug of milo

A plate of fried spaghetti (asian style - luv you mum):thankyou:

My job, thanks to the magistrates who is on maternity leave.

My family and friends too.

In the name of God and in the name of my country. I'm grateful.:thankyou:

------
05-09-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm grateful that Allah gave me another day to live for me to engage in his worship.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2006, 09:31 AM
mashAllah great thread glo :) ur an credit to this forum mashAllah

I felt greatful for being able to say the dua upon waking up, i felt grateful for being healthy another day, i felt grateful for having my iman and i felt grateful to my sustainer :). Now that all the obvious stuff has been stated i'll say one unusual one:

I felt grateful when my sister offered me brekky, made me think Alhamdullilah for givin me such a sister
:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SirZubair
05-09-2006, 10:07 AM
I am grateful for.. being alive.
being healthy.
having a job.
having a car.
having my way of life.
i am mostly grateful for the fact that my lord has accepted me back into islam,Insha'allah.

IceQueen~
05-09-2006, 10:12 AM
"oh Allah whatever i have woken up with this morning from blessings or (the blessings with) anyone else from your creation they are from you, you alone, you have no partners-so all praise be to you and all thanks be to you"

this is a rough translation of a du'ah (prayer) the prophet used to read in the morning and evening to be grateful to God.

------
05-09-2006, 10:20 AM
I know the arabic of the dua - "Allhumma hillazee ahyaana ba'da maa'amaataana wa ilaihin nushoor" :p

**edited**

05-09-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm grateful for having the peace of islam in my heart.

------
05-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Respect sis :D

IceQueen~
05-09-2006, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
I know the arabic of the dua - "Allhumma inni asaluka ba'da maa'amaataana wa ilaihin nushoor" :p
the arabic is "allahumma maa asbaha bi mini3 matin ow bi ahadimmin khalqik, faminka wahdaka laa shariikalak falakal hamdu walakashukr"

------
05-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Hey the dua i wrote is what i say so :okay:

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2006, 10:44 AM
I know the arabic of the dua - "Allhumma inni asaluka ba'da maa'amaataana wa ilaihin nushoor" :p
whoah really? i say:

"Alhamdullilah hillazi, ahiyaana ba'adana, maa'amaatana wa ilay hinushur"

:eek: which one shud i use :heated:

------
05-09-2006, 10:46 AM
O SUGAR!!!!!!!!! It is that dua what u just said sorry I'll edit my post :heated:

05-09-2006, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
whoah really? i say:

No that's a dua that u say upon waking up. :) And i think the other is just generally for the morning. It's probably best to say both.

------
05-09-2006, 10:48 AM
That IS what we on about :rollseyes

------
05-09-2006, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
No that's a dua that u say upon waking up. And it's waa'amaatana
No its not....

IceQueen~
whoah really? i say:

use the one found in authentic narration (maybe the prophet (saw) used to say both versions-dif. words can have the same meaning)-i use this one too.

IbnAbdulHakim
O SUGAR!!!!!!!!! It is that dua what u just said sorry I'll edit my post :heated:
lol phewwwww was thinkin, "AM I SAYIN THE WRONG DUA? OMG!!!!" lol :p

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2006, 10:50 AM
No its not....
its maa'amaatana.... i'll try find the sourcing :)

05-09-2006, 10:55 AM
its maa'amaatana.... i'll try find the sourcing :)
Yeah i've just asked my sis and she says it is - i've edited my post.
Oh no i've been saying the wrong du'a all this time. :grumbling innalillah

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2006, 10:55 AM

MAA amaatana ;)

rukx
05-09-2006, 10:56 AM
:sl:
I'm grateful that i'm a muslim and Allah has given me another day to worship him and practice deen.

:w:

IceQueen~
05-09-2006, 10:58 AM

MAA amaatana ;)
yup-that's the du'ah-jazakallah khair for posting it akhee.

Teddy
05-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Today i am grateful for my mother banged my door down to wake me up (two hours before im due to wake-up) ;D

Im grateful for such a beautiful family and great friends, reminding me who i am when im losing it... Esp grateful to my brother and mother for helping my imaan when its weak.

Grateful my cat meows every morning thinking its a cockerel.

Im grateful my poor little car hasn't given up on me as yet, even when i abuse it so.

And i am grateful i was born in to such a beautiful religion and handed the keys to heavens doors. (all i have to do is keep hold of them)

------
05-09-2006, 11:00 AM

MAA amaatana ;)

OMGGGGGGGG u got owneddddddd sis Asma1!! ;D

05-09-2006, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Teddy
Today i am grateful for my mother banged my door down to wake me up (two hours before im due to wake-up) ;D

Grateful my cat meows every morning thinking its a cockerel.
lolz:giggling: It reminds me of my parrot - he does the iqaamah in the morning.:)

05-09-2006, 11:03 AM

MAA amaatana ;)
Jazakallah khair bro - that is the dua.
Sos for the confusion.:X

glo
05-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Thank you for your replies, guys!
Some are very encouraging and some very humbling. :)

Amazing how making ourself aware of our blessings and giving thanks for them, immediately lifts the spirit, isn't it? :statisfie

May your day be blessed especially today!

IceQueen~
05-09-2006, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Thank you for your replies, guys!
Some are very encouraging and some very humbling. :)

Amazing how making ourself aware of our blessings and giving thanks for them, immediately lifts the spirit, isn't it? :statisfie

May your day be blessed especially today!
once a bedouin came to the prophet (saw) and said he wanted to be the richest man in the world-the prophet (saw) said 'be content'

Halima
05-09-2006, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marge1
once a bedouin came to the prophet (saw) and said he wanted to be the richest man in the world-the prophet (saw) said 'be content'

Subhanallah I've heard of that one. See, the Prophet (saw) was a very humble man. He didn't need a whole lot to be satisfied or whatever. That was his character, and that is why everyone has loved him so much.

Muhammed (peace be upon him) was also a very humble person. He lived humbly all his life and never boasted of his social or political position either before or after his successes in Medinah. Once, on a journey, a few of the companions decided to slaughter a goat for a meal. They divided the work among themselves; one was to slaughter it, another to remove its skin, yet another to do the cooking. Muhammed (peace be upon him) said that he would collect the wood for cooking. His companions said that they would do his work as well. He replied, "I know that you will do it quite willingly but I do not like to have an eminent position in the assembly and Allah also does not like it."'

Umar reported Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) as saying, "Don't exaggerate in praising me as the Christians did in praising Jesus who was raised to the status of Allah's son. I am a servant of Allah; therefore call me a servant and Messenger of Allah."

www.islamtoday.com

Hijaabi22
05-09-2006, 02:37 PM
mashAllah great thread glo :) ur an credit to this forum mashAllah

I felt grateful when my sister offered me brekky, made me think Alhamdullilah for givin me such a sister
awwwwwwwwwww thats sweet lol

Im gr8ful for livin another day

x Maz x
05-09-2006, 03:46 PM
MashAllah, well I am greatful for everything Allah has provided for me, Verily all power belongs to Allah, SubhanAllah i am still alive another day to enjoin in praising Ar-Rahman, Al-Malik! WalaykumAsalaam x

*noor
05-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Today I am grateful that i am alive and healthy and for the knowledge and patience that Allah has given me.
Alhamdulillah

glo
06-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Today, as I was walking through our vegetable garden, picking the first peas and strawberries, I felt so grateful for God's creation, and how nature grows, the seasons change, and he provides for our needs. :statisfie

Blessings.

Looking4Peace
06-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Today i am greatful for waking up with badly chapped lips looking like sand paper ( i have the worst chap lip problem where they look like sand paper and sometimes bleed no matter what i do and no im not dehydrated), a huge pimple on my cheek, very bad cramps i guess u know what is near, bloated, my mom was rude to me as soon as i even looked at her, im suppose to go out later but i look and feel like road kill :heated:

but its a great sunny day outside for once in 2 weeks :)

so i guess its a good day and im grateful :giggling:

glo
06-09-2006, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
Today i am greatful for waking up with badly chapped lips looking like sand paper ( i have the worst chap lip problem where they look like sand paper and sometimes bleed no matter what i do and no im not dehydrated), a huge pimple on my cheek, very bad cramps i guess u know what is near, bloated, my mom was rude to me as soon as i even looked at her, im suppose to go out later but i look and feel like road kill :heated:
LOL
Sounds like things can only get better for you! :giggling:

but its a great sunny day outside for once in 2 weeks :)

so i guess its a good day and im grateful :giggling
There you go ... I told you! :statisfie

peace.

nennar
07-19-2006, 09:30 AM
salaam aalikum!

i am gratefull to wake up alhamdoulilallah!

ia m gratefull to allah

i am gratefull to allah very morning, that my son is still alive'

i am gratefull for waking up and seing my babyboys smile in the morning

i am gratefull for finding islam... al hamdoulillah!:)

:sister: nennar

afriend
07-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Today I'm greatful cos I don't have to go school ;D ALHAMDULILLAH!!

Muhammad
07-19-2006, 09:39 AM

We have a similar thread here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ked-allah.html

Ann
07-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Im grateful that even when circumstances in my life make me sad, I only have to look around to find things that will make me smile again...
Birds singing, children laughing, flowers in the garden,
A phone call from my sister, meals with my family.
And this forum where friends can be found day or night (makes the world feel just a little less lonely)

Ameeratul Layl
07-20-2006, 10:18 AM

*+o( * I am grateful that I didn't vomit after drinking gone off milk. I have had a tip top and I still feel sick.

I am grateful that I am alive today to do more good=Please Allah.:)

Thats all folks! (for now)

Wasalam
p.s: I am grateful it isn't as hot as yesterday, well...not yet!

------
07-20-2006, 10:28 AM

I am grateful for the blessings that Allah swt has bestowed upon me... Takbeeeeeeer! Allahu Akbar!! :D

:w:

sevgi
07-20-2006, 10:36 AM
i am grateful today coz there is the weekend ahead of me...tomorrow is friday...and ishallah prayers are much more accepted on fridays...it is raining outside and Australia needs it...i start uni on monday which i oh so utterly miss...i hav passed all my subjects this semester...and regardless of the fact that my house isnt the most serene place in the world, i hav a roof over my head..one which i bomb has not just destroyed atleast...

elhamdullillah for this moment...

maryam (",)
07-20-2006, 07:26 PM
i'm grateful for...
-being a muslim
-clouds
-sadness, coz it makes me appreciate my happy moments
-legs,for long walks on d beach...toes,so that i can feel the sand and water between them :), sight,so i can see the amazing creations of Allah,smell and taste-so that i can smell the salt in the air and taste the salt beads on my tongue
-family and friends who love me for who i am

ahhh...the list goes on and on and on...ain't it just awesome being alive?
subhanallah :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.