/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Helping the animals or human?

north_malaysian
05-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Which do u prefer to donate money?

1) Conservation of environment - animals, plants, sea.
2) charity for human being - orphan, refugee, missionary?

I donated a portion of my money to WWF Malaysia each month. But many people say I better help the human rather than wasting money to some animals.

But I think, if all of us donate for human - who will take care for the environment?

What do u ppl think?:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2006, 09:23 AM
both is just as important,

SAHIH BUKHARI

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 673:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "While a dog was going round a well and was about to die of thirst, an Israeli prostitute saw it and took off her shoe and watered it. So Allah forgave her because of that good deed."

So i say do a bit for both! Personally i wud prefer to save humans tho :)

05-09-2006, 02:25 PM
I suppose u should donate for animals, but i'd rather donate to save human lives.

Halima
05-09-2006, 02:42 PM
:sl:

To me it really doesn't matter who or what you are willing to spend your money on for the sake of Allah (swt). In my eyes, Zakah is a Zakah no matter if you spend your money on animals or human beings. There will be a time at least once in everybody's life that they will donate somthing to the poor and you may not even realize it. However, it all depends if you are a good muslim. If you have that empathy inside your heart, and it burns you up inside to see the children in Africa starving, then your true colors will come out. You will either be stingy and keep your money, or you will empathize and donate.

Zakâh is an important way of realizing this objective. Allah says: “What Allah has bestowed upon His Messenger from the people of the towns is for Allah, His Messenger, the kindred, the orphans, the needy, and the wayfarer so that it may not merely circulate between the wealthy among you.”

When Ramadan comes, Allah(swt) doesn't distinct about wether animals or humans get donations or not. It doesnt matter.

Zakâh provides a minimum limit for charitable spending. It is by far not the maximum. It is the absolute minimum that is required as a religious duty from those who possess wealth. Islam encourages everyone to give in charity as much as they can. Allah says: “You will never attain piety until you spend of what you love.”

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dishdash
05-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Donate to the French. That way you are doing both at the same time!

IbnAbdulHakim
05-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Isnt there a different level of reward for what purpose you donate to? Or is it simply the amount you donate which specifies the reward you get?
:w:

north_malaysian
05-10-2006, 03:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dishdash
Yikes!!!:uuh:

IbnAbdulHakim
05-10-2006, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
Isnt there a different level of reward for what purpose you donate to? Or is it simply the amount you donate which specifies the reward you get?

I see my post got nicely ignored... *grits teeth*

Duhaa
05-10-2006, 09:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dishdash
Somebody's got something against the French. :X

Intentions are important.
This hadith is mostly reported first in Ahaadith kitaab, well known too:
'Innamal A'amaalu Binniyyah'
'Actions are based on intentions'

IceQueen~
05-10-2006, 09:30 AM
when Allah told prophet Nuh to build the ark-he was ordered to save the muslims among the people AND the different types of animals.
humans are given responsibilty- Allah said that he appointed prophet adam as a khalifa in the world.
kindness to animals is emphasized in islam as well as is kindness to human beings-basically one should be kind and caring natured-if one is like this then they will be like this towards all creatures and beings-human or animal..

Muezzin
05-10-2006, 11:04 AM
This is how I see it.

I have a penny.

Animals are suffering. People are suffering. I donate to the human charity.

I have two pennies. I donate to both.

strider
05-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Assalamu alaikum

To me, the life of a human is more superior to that of an animal's even though one is encouraged to be kind to animals too as you will be held responsible for any mistreatment you did, on the Day of Judgement-- and that one act of unkindness could take you to hell.

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
05-10-2006, 06:00 PM
salam.
well to me i will donate to all the cats :p (joke) i will donate to whom ever is needed me help and may god help them too and apprecaite what i give em :)
w.salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.