/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi resistance - IP, IA and ING

KAding
05-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Since no one is replying to me in this other thread maybe i should start a new one :).

Obviously the Iraqis have a right to resist themselves against the occupation. So I believe few will say that attacks on American soldiers are unacceptable. But where is the limit?

It is clear that many resistance groups, including 'Al-quada in Iraq' which is supposedly led by Zarqawi purposfully target the new Iraqi police, Iraqi National Guard and Iraqi army.

Is that justified, considering the fact that this is causing massive loss of life among Muslims? Do you think the majority (or even a significant minority) of the Iraqis support these actions?

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IceQueen~
05-09-2006, 12:02 PM
the americans have no righjt in interferring with iraq since they are not exactly making it any better! there has only been more chaos since they invaded! they should take advice and GO BACK HOME! america isn't exactly crime free itself-go sort out itself first!

KAding
05-09-2006, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marge1
the americans have no righjt in interferring with iraq since they are not exactly making it any better! there has only been more chaos since they invaded! they should take advice and GO BACK HOME! america isn't exactly crime free itself-go sort out itself first!
Ehm. Yes. But that didn't answer my question. Is it justified that the Iraqi resistance attacks the new Iraqi security forces, causing hundreds of deaths among Muslims?

KAding
05-09-2006, 03:31 PM
So no one has an opinion on this? Is the Iraqi government a legitimate target?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
x Maz x
05-09-2006, 03:39 PM
American occupation is wrong . << That is my opnion, so respect!...During Saddams regime the Iraqis suffered and now the Iraqis continued to suffer...In my opnion i feel that the American invasion in Iraq has divised the Sunnis and Shias and if anyone is causing the most deaths its the American and British troops who entered Iraq...yes they have a right to put up some barrier of defence ..its really a matter of seeing it from a different perspective as according to the British media it depicts the Iraqis as causing most deaths and via versa. WalaykumAsalaam x

Trumble
05-09-2006, 07:05 PM
It's probably time foreign troops left. The truth is, though, that nobody has been resisting an "occupation" for the last two years. Its a civil war, playing for position and power in post war Iraq.

The Iraqi security forces are targeted because they and the Iraqi administration that controls them are the 'enemy', not because they are helping/being helped by the Americans. Go look up the figures.. how many more Iraqis have been deliberately targetted by the "resistance" than Americans in the last year? They hardly even bother with the Americans at all, now... Iraqi police are much softer targets.

imaad_udeen
05-09-2006, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Go look up the figures.. how many more Iraqis have been deliberately targetted by the "resistance" than Americans in the last year? They hardly even bother with the Americans at all, now... Iraqi police are much softer targets.
You are certainly right about that.

Wahid
05-09-2006, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Go look up the figures.. how many more Iraqis have been deliberately targetted by the "resistance" than Americans in the last year? They hardly even bother with the Americans at all, now... Iraqi police are much softer targets.
because they are now on front lines fithing the resistance, US is pulling back to its bases to reduce its casualties at this low poll time for bush, thats why we dont see any major offensive by US forces like last year

still this april had alot more US deaths than in pervious months

KAding
05-09-2006, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vahid
because they are now on front lines fithing the resistance, US is pulling back to its bases to reduce its casualties at this low poll time for bush, thats why we dont see any major offensive by US forces like last year

still this april had alot more US deaths than in pervious months
I agree. The Iraqi government forces are now probably doing the majority of the fighting.

Does anyone here think the resistance has the popular support in this struggle?

My opinion is that this isn't the case.
Only Poll 1: 7% say they support attacks on government forces

Does anyone here believe otherwise, and why?

Trumble
05-09-2006, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vahid
Or perhaps they are pulling back to their bases and reducing their direct involvement because that is what they always said they would do as the 'new' Iraqi security authorities were trained and became operational?

I know you don't believe it, but home politics alone mean the Americans and other coalition forces really do want to get out of Iraq, and when the government says it wants them to go, they will. At the moment, though, that government believes that the departure of US troops will make things worse, and not better. They are probably right.

I am genuinely amazed that people can still consider the insurgent forces to be "resistance" fighters when every day the stories you see are not attacks on Americans, but THIS

A car bomb has killed at least 17 people and injured 35 in the northern Iraqi town of Talafar, police say. The bomb in a pick-up truck exploded on Tuesday at a market in the town, 150km (90 miles) from the Syrian border.

Talafar is said to be a centre for Iraqi insurgents and thought to be a staging-post for foreign fighters. A suicide bomb attack in the town last October killed 30 people. Twin car bomb attacks nearly a year ago left 20 people dead in Talafar.

The bomb went off near closing time as people packed the market to finish their shopping, the Associated Press news agency quoted officials as saying. US medics reportedly helped provide first aid to the injured before they were transported to hospital. The hospital director was quoted as saying the final casualty toll was 20 dead and 70 injured.
That is "resistance" against the Americans how, exactly?

Wahid
05-10-2006, 02:48 AM
^ resistance goups never claim responsiblity for thse types of attacks on civilians and many times they even deny it, when the major groups like MSC(Mujahdeen Shura Council) or islamic sunnah claim responsiblity for them than i would believe you.. i mean what would be the point? if they did that it would be like stabbing themselves in the back because a gurilla war without local support is going to be defeated easily because well i assume you know why ;)

now what i think is happing in iraq is low level in fighting between shais and sunnies and both communities are doing tit for tat attacks, and other groups with vested intrests in weakning iraq & the resistance

Wahid
05-10-2006, 02:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding

My opinion is that this isn't the case.
Only Poll 1: 7% say they support attacks on government forces

Does anyone here believe otherwise, and why?
i think resistance has good support in Sunni areas and even some shia areas, otherwise they would not be such potent force as they are now(remmeber the city of Falluja?, they bombed the city and killed thousands of civilians and still failed to capture in their first attack). these polls i dont trust because iraq is right now a mess and under occupation & these polls are not reliable reflection of public opinion

Joe98
05-10-2006, 04:59 AM
1. The Sunni and the Shia have never lived in a democratic country. They don't know how to share power. The Sunni and the Shia don't want the other to have any power. Therefore in some cases they nare killing each other.

2. The terrorists want to cause problems in Iraq becasue they know problems wil always be blamed in the US. And therefore they are killing Iraqis and destroying the infrastructure.

The US is trying to stop both problems. problems in Iraq cause problems for the American politicains. they want the problems to stop.

-

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.