/* */

PDA

View Full Version : islamic songs and nasheeds ...

fantaxxy_moon
05-09-2006, 01:43 PM
any one has useful islamic websites for nasheeds can show them here .. thanks a lot
Zain Bhikha Nasheeds - Various Albums

http://www.islamise.co.uk/Nasheeds/Zain_Bhikha.htm

for a malaysian islamic band called raihan :

http://www.raihan.com.my/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mizan_aliashraf
05-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Salam
Jazakillah Khayr, but you can't download them
Wassalam

Maarya
05-09-2006, 04:32 PM
i've got a website. u can't download, but u can listen. it's got nasheeds, lyrics, wallpapers, videos etc:
www.islamglobe.2ya.com and click on multimedia which is down the left hand side

Maarya
05-09-2006, 04:36 PM
:sl:
people say that u shouldn't listen to sami yusuf coz he uses instruments. what do u guys think?:?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
05-09-2006, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maarya
:sl:
people say that u shouldn't listen to sami yusuf coz he uses instruments. what do u guys think?:?
salam.
well we've discuss this before but as you are a new i will tell you :)
Songs or music per se are not prohibited in Islam. It has been reported that the Prophet (pbuh) stopped Abu Bakr (ra) when he tried to stop girls from singing and playing a tambourine, on a day of celebration. The Prophet (pbuh) told Abu Bakr (ra) to let the girls celebrate and enjoy. On the other hand, the Prophet (pbuh) is also reported to have condemned the singers and musicians. If seen in the proper context, these two directives of the Prophet (pbuh) are not contradictory.

History tells us that the Arabs were very fond of holding musical gatherings where they used to drink alcohol and their slave girls used to sing and dance for them. Such gatherings obviously had a bad effect on the morals of the audience. It was because of this reason that the Prophet (pbuh), whose basic message was to remind the people of the day when they shall face their Creator and shall be made to answer for all their deeds, condemned such gatherings. On the other hand, where music and singing were just an occasional show of the festive spirit of the people, they were not disallowed by the Prophet (pbuh).

On the basis of the above explanation, it may be said that any activity, which has a bad effect on the morals of a person must be refrained from. It was actually because of this reason that the Prophet (pbuh) condemned such gatherings and the activities that were commonly held there. Therefore, listening to songs and music that do not negatively affect the morals of a person, are not disallowed in Islam.

My dear brother, Islam does not prohibit any entertainment as long as it does not have a bad effect on the desired ethical and moral standards of the individuals. Man, it must be remembered, is being tested in the life of this world. Only those individuals who try to cleanse their souls from all sin shall succeed in the ultimate life. The process and method of cleansing our souls is to fill our hearts and souls with the remembrance of our Creator and our Lord. A person who has fully understood this fact cannot let any entertainment take hold of him to the extent that it makes him negligent and unmindful of his Lord and Creator. Music and all other entertainments are not disallowed in Islam, but a true Muslim never lets any of these activities make him unmindful of his duties towards his Lord as well as his fellow human beings.
w.salam

chacha_jalebi
05-09-2006, 05:05 PM
also brother sami yusuf appeals 2 d youngsters, if d youngsters dnt hav musical instruments dey aint gona listen, plus its more bout d words den d music, ppl listen 2 his words not music!!

so hes dooin a gud job! BIG UP SAMI YUSUF lol

Kittygyal
05-09-2006, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
also brother sami yusuf appeals 2 d youngsters, if d youngsters dnt hav musical instruments dey aint gona listen, plus its more bout d words den d music, ppl listen 2 his words not music!!

so hes dooin a gud job! BIG UP SAMI YUSUF lol
salam.
but put it this way IF people listen to his words how can they when music is behind just think about that they will get distracted cause of the ''music''!!
w.salam

chacha_jalebi
05-09-2006, 05:49 PM
salaam

tru say sista, ye tru, but der r 2 versions of his album, 1 witout music n 1 wit music so its up2 d person really innit which 1 dey wan listen 2!

Maarya
05-09-2006, 05:53 PM
salam,
thanx for that info, sis islamgyal. i do listen to him, i have his albums but i was just wondering.
thanx anyway

Kittygyal
05-09-2006, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
salaam

tru say sista, ye tru, but der r 2 versions of his album, 1 witout music n 1 wit music so its up2 d person really innit which 1 dey wan listen 2!
salam.
but then again who comes first god or ''music'' what will we say when we stand towards our lord when he asks us ''why did you listen to his songs when people told you it's not right?'' what are you going to sat then you can't say ''but IF you listen to the words then they are good'' but bro always remember no matter what or how good it is nothing can come first from our creator! :)
w.salam

Kittygyal
05-09-2006, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maarya
salam,
thanx for that info, sis islamgyal. i do listen to him, i have his albums but i was just wondering.
thanx anyway
salam.
no worries sis :) sis you should stop listening to his songs now but IF you refuse to then that's your own choice but god knows i have told you now so it's up to you remember the day of judgement :)
w.salam

Sister_6038
05-09-2006, 05:56 PM
right sami yusuf...erm well hes not my cup of tea..erm im gonna try and find some link for shaheed alkwans the south african nasheed artist...well wooow hes amazing...there are lots of nasheed artists and good ones at it...*no comment*

fantaxxy_moon
05-13-2006, 04:49 PM
well, i guess yeah, but when i started listening to them, i found them the next time on my pc.. so u got to try
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Salam
Jazakillah Khayr, but you can't download them
Wassalam

fantaxxy_moon
05-13-2006, 04:55 PM
http://www.weneedtounite.com/nasheeds.htm
this is a good one for nasheeds

amias
05-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Jazakillah

fantaxxy_moon
05-13-2006, 06:28 PM
thanks
format_quote Originally Posted by amias
Jazakillah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.