/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 'Knight Rider' coming to big screen

al-fateh
05-09-2006, 03:09 PM
'Knight Rider' coming to big screen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) -- The talking car K.I.T.T. is heading to the big screen in an adaptation of the hit 1980s TV series "Knight Rider."
Series creator Glen A. Larson will write and executive produce the Weinstein Co. project, which he anticipates will begin production next year. The project had previously been in development at Sony-based Revolution Studios.
Larson has bandied about the project for years. "A number of people wanted to do a pure comedic send-up of it, but I always felt that would throw away the franchise," he said. "There was always some humor on the show, but this film will probably have more gallows, foxhole humor.
Despite the darker tone, he said he would aim for a PG-13 rating because he doesn't want to exclude the series' core audience. The show ran on NBC from 1982-86.
The story centers on the tale of a police investigator shot in the line of duty who is nursed back to health by a mysterious millionaire. He's given a new name (Michael Knight), a new face and a new car to help him continue his work. As in the pilot, he also seeks revenge on the criminals who left him for dead.
Larson wouldn't say whether David Hasselhoff, who starred in the series, would appear in a cameo or if William Daniels would reprise his role as the voice of K.I.T.T.
Other Larson TV series being developed as film adaptations include "Magnum, P.I." at Imagine Entertainment and "The Fall Guy" at Warner Bros. Pictures.
Copyright 2006 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-09-2006, 03:21 PM
salam.
bro where did you hear all this have you got a site for it or a link?
w.salam

al-fateh
05-09-2006, 03:45 PM
cnn

Kittygyal
05-09-2006, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-fateh
cnn
salam.
erm...''CNN'' wo0o0w they good info but do you have the link or do i have to search for it:rollseyes :rollseyes
w.salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Soldier
05-09-2006, 03:52 PM
heres the link I got after a lot of research www.cnn.om
lol

al-fateh
05-09-2006, 03:55 PM
www.cnn.com

Kittygyal
05-09-2006, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
heres the link I got after a lot of research www.cnn.om
lol
salam.
ta bro and sos for you doing ''alot'' of research;D
w.salam

imaad_udeen
05-09-2006, 04:05 PM
The show was terrible. The movie will probably be just as bad, if not worse...

al-fateh
05-09-2006, 04:18 PM
like that family guy siggy

LOL

Kittygyal
05-09-2006, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
The show was terrible. The movie will probably be just as bad, if not worse...
salam.
night rider is cool but the car is just sucks man flys about ;D ;D
w.salam

al-fateh
05-09-2006, 05:45 PM
at the time the show was good, its was ok

dont believe in remakes , all they do is mess up the original

Kittygyal
05-09-2006, 05:46 PM

salam.
hmm...very true bro but then again a very good actor he is :p
w.salam

Sister_6038
05-09-2006, 05:47 PM

well some are ok *tries to think of good remakes* erm the original LOTR wasnt that good..erm any others??

Muezzin
05-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Astaghfirullah, why are you discussing filthy American movies in our Islamic forum?

:p

I kid. I hope they get the Hof in it somehow. And I hope they make an A-Team movie some time soon, with Mr T.

Z
05-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Salaam.

Y'all know Miami Vice is also going to be with us this summer? Ooh it looks bad!

I think a Corvette should be the new KITT.

amirah_87
05-10-2006, 03:18 PM
you know guys i really liked night rider , i thought it was a boom show!!!

and the car was hevvvvvviiii, that was my dream car for me back in the

days ....i still think it's wicked !!!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.