/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Moderation

Z
05-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Salaam.

Do you believe in moderation? Some like to stay away from things which are said to be Haraam. Some who are unsure and don't really care don't keep away. Others who know the harms of such a thing, but don't stay away from it completely say it's ok in moderation.

Rubbish or what?

(Movies, music, friends of opposite sex etc.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Silver Pearl
05-09-2006, 07:34 PM
I believe in moderation in certain things, food for example (halal), if you eat too much you could suffer side effects and even become obese while if you’re on the other extreme end you could end up being anorexic.

People only delude themselves that moderation in what is haram is ok because that is what they want to believe. I suppose its human nature to attempt to block out what we don’t want to hear and manipulate it so that our conscience is at rest.

Though I don’t think moderation is completely rubbish, depends on the circumstance. For example I have no option but to listen to music in certain places because of the environment. Don’t know…..

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.