/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Its only Sunnah...."

Sister_6038
05-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Insha'allah I want to convey a message that is very close to my heart. It is specially written for those who say "Its only Sunnah" or "Its not fardh, its just Sunnah."

Allah says in the Quran -

"Say (O Muhammad): If you love Allah then follow me, Allah will (then) love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." 3.31

This one verse should be enough to emphasise how important following the Sunnah is. Love is not shown through exclaiming ones love for someone but it is shown through obedience. Allah says in the Quran -

"Say (O Muhammad): If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline, and the dwellings in which you delight, are dearer to you than Allah and His Messenger, and striving hard and fighting in His Cause, then wait until Allah brings about His Decision..." 9.24

This person, peace be upon him, is so loved that when he climbed Mount Uhud, the mountain began shaking out of love and joy. When he climbed Mount Bashir, it began shaking out of love and joy. When he alayhis salaatu wasalaam climbed Mount Hira, it began shaking out of love and joy.

When he walked passed stones and trees, they would express their love for him and say, "Assalaamu Alayka Ya Rasool Allah." When he made dua, even the walls of the house would express their love and say "Ameen, Ameen, Ameen." The other Prophets of Allah peace be upon them all, would ask Allah, "Oh Allah, make us from the Ummah of Muhammad, alayhis salaatu wasalaam." As we know, this dua of Prophet Esa (Jesus) was accepted. Stones loved him, trees loved him, walls loved him, prophets loved him, animals loved him, his companions loved him and Muslims from all eras loved him, but we don't love him! Why? Peace and blessings be upon him.

It's sad but true, we love the kuffar and their ways more than we love the Messenger of Allah and his ways, peace be upon him. The Prophet, said, "Beautify your faces with my Sunnah, adorn your faces with a beard" and what did the kuffar say? They said, "Oh Muslims, don't keep a beard because you don't look good! You wont get nowhere on the career ladder!" We said labbayk to the kuffar and off came the beards! The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "O women, draw your veils over yourselves" and the kuffar said, "Oh Muslims, come on! This is the fashion of the time, stop following old teachings!" We said labbayk to the kuffar and off came the hijab.

Have we forgotten the love Nabi alayhis salaatu wasalaam, had for us? Have we forgotten the worry and concern Nabi alayhis salaatu wasalaam, had for us? Have we forgotten the favours and blessings we were showered with because of Nabi alayhis salaatu wasalaam? Have we forgotten the wounds that were inflicted on Nabi alayhis salaatu wasalaam because of us? Have we forgotten the blood that flowed from the blessed body of Nabi alayhis salaatu wasalaam because of us? Have we forgotten the tears that rolled down the blessed cheeks of Nabi alayhis salaatu wasalaam because of us?

The journey of Taif is known to all of us, because of us he was pelted for 3 miles, he bled so profusely that his shoes were clogged with blood and he fainetd.

In the battle of Uhuh Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam went to fight for us, so we could be Muslims. He was wounded and his tooth was martyred! Have you forgotten his sacrifice for you?

We spend the nights with our family, with our wives, Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam used to spend the night worrying and crying for you. Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam is in sajda, tears are flowing from his eyes, he salallahu alayhi wasallam stays in this position all night and there's only one verse on his blessed lips -

"If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the All Mighty, the All Wise." 5.118

When did Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam ever forget you? Even when Allah called him to the heavens and spoke to him, Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam asked, "Oh Allah You've honoured me by calling me to the heavens, what are you going to give to my Ummah?" It is there the gift of salaah is received for the Ummah. Allah honoured us and gave us such a status that the Quran will continue praising us until the day of judgement. Open the book of Allah and you will see Allah is saying to you -

"You (Muslims) are the best nation ever raised up for humankind..." 3.110

Allah has said, Oh Muslims because of your Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam I will reward you like I have rewarded non other, do one good deed I will give you the reward of ten. Oh Muslims because of your Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam I have made the spoils of war halaal for you, before this it was haraam. Oh Muslims because of your Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam, you can pray anywhere you want, go pray outside the Masjid, I will accept your prayer, pray inside the Masjid, I will accept your prayer, the nations before you had to pray in their churches and synagogues. Oh Muslims because of your Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam I have made your deen easy for you. If you cant pray standing up, pray sitting down, if you cant pray sitting down, pray lying down, if you cant pray lying down, pray by signalling, I will accept your prayer. If you cant fast when you are on a journey, come back and fast, because of your Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam I will accept your fast. If you cannot perform wudhu, perform tayammum, because of your Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam I will accept your ablution. Because of your Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam I have given you the Laylatul Qadr, which is better than a thousands months. Because of your Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam I have given you the Jummuah in which there is an hour, ask me for anything in that hour and I will give it to you. Because of your Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam you will be the first to enter Jannah, 70,000 of you will enter Jannah without giving accountand because of your Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam you will be half of the inhabitants of Jannah.

Do we follow the kuffar because they rape our Muslim sisters in Kashmir? Is it because of this blessing we follow their ways? Do we follow their ways because they urinate in the mouths of our Palestinian brothers when they ask for water? Is it because of this blessing we follow their ways? Do we follow their ways because they mutilate the bodies of our dead? Do we follow their ways because they take our Muslim children in African countries and raise them as Christians? Do we follow their ways because they burn our brothers and sisters in Iraq? Do we follow their ways because they lock our brothers up without trial or charge indefinitely? Do we follow their ways because they play football with the skulls of Muslims in Bosnia? Do we follow their ways because they demolish the houses of Allah in India? Do we follow their ways because they use the Quran as toilet paper in America? Do we follow their ways because they are plotting to demolish Masjid Al Aqsa, the first Qibla of the Muslims, the Masjid in which every Prophet has prayed behind Nabi alayhis salaatu wasalaam? Do we follow their ways because they insult Allah and His Messenger alayhis salaatu wasalaam? Is it because of these blessings we neglect the Sunnah of Nabi alayhis salaatu wasalaam?

It is the right of Nabi salallahu alayhi wasallam that we love him more than we love anyone in this world.

The next time you think of saying, "It's ONLY Sunnah" I pray to Allah you'll think twice.

Wa Alaykum Assalaam

Salahuddin Ibn Adam Al Ansari

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Duhaa
05-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Wow, Masha Allah a very interesting and 'makes you think' kind of article.
Its excellently worded, where did you get it from?

Brought tears to my eyes.

.....and so so true.

IceQueen~
05-10-2006, 09:00 AM
:'( sniff! that's so true...

Sister_6038
05-10-2006, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duhaa
Wow, Masha Allah a very interesting and 'makes you think' kind of article.
Its excellently worded, where did you get it from?

Brought tears to my eyes.

.....and so so true.
a top friend sent it to me...and i always love to share wioth the LI forum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mizan_aliashraf
05-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Salam
Jazakillah Khayr for the article sis. A very good reminder, Masha'Allah.
We should follow the sunnah of the prophet (saw) in everything that we do.
Its sad to see the sunnah disregarded in some parts these days, and some people become lazy with parts of the sunnah, especially the salah
May Allah make it easy for all of us
Wassalam

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 09:41 AM
:bump:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.