/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reference for bent rib-hadith?

SolaceinIslam
05-12-2006, 09:21 AM
:sl:

I have read many articles and interpretations about the hadith relating to the "bent rib" (i.e. woman was made from a bent rib, try to straighten her and she will break), but although the reference shows that it should be in the Bukhari or Muslim books of hadith, I cannot find the exact source. Can anyone help?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
05-12-2006, 09:25 AM
"Treat women well, for they have been created from a bent rib. The ribs most curved in its upper part, so that if you straighten it out, it will break, but if you leave it as it is, it will remain intact. Therefore, follow my advice on giving women fair treatment.

Al-Bukhari

Inshallah get the proper reference when I go home as Am in college now.

S_87
05-12-2006, 02:59 PM
:sl:

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 548:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah 's Apostle said, "Treat women nicely, for a women is created from a rib, and the most curved portion of the rib is its upper portion, so, if you should try to straighten it, it will break, but if you leave it as it is, it will remain crooked. So treat women nicely."

^ Bukhari under 'Prophets'

Book 008, Number 3466:
AbuHuraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Woman is like a rib. When you attempt to straighten it, you would break it. And if you leave her alone you would benefit by her, and crookedness will remain in her. A hadith like this is reported by another chain of narrators

^^^ Muslim in kitaabun nikah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.