/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Concept of Intercession in Islam

M H Kahn
05-12-2006, 03:28 PM
:sl:
Some traditional views among many Muslims regarding intercession, based on books written by some earlier humans under cover of hadith literature, are: Muhammed (pbuh) was the first creation of Allah from his own light and the rest of the creation was for his sake. He was the greatest of the prophets and he earned his prophethood even when Adam (pbuh) was between clay and water. He (Muhammed) is the best friend of Allah. Adam (pbuh) was forgiven by Allah for the sake of Muhammed (pbuh). None will go to paradise without intercession of Muhammed (pbuh).
Through the invention of the above lies, as will be apparent from the following discussion, most people under the misguidance of a large number of miscreant scholars have practically rejected the Quran, however much they read it in beautiful tune without understanding the meaning. They do not doubt that the Quran, which Mohammed (pbuh) himself has taught us, contain words of Allah only; but by their strict adherence to the false hadiths, that glaringly contradict the Quran, they practically deny most of the cardinal verses of the Quran in their actions. They have instituted worship of Muhammed (pbuh) in Islam as its main foundation and they preach through their speeches and writings that invoking Allah alone is never enough; He is dependent on Muhammed (pbuh) and other saintly people -- dead or alive -- for His decisions, so one must praise Muhammed (pbuh) along with Allah and seek Allah’s help for his sake as well as for the sake of other good people, dead or alive. Thus, they have actually turned Islam today into a polytheist religion with the belief that Allah is the supreme God and Muhammed (pbuh) and other saintly people (dead or alive) are their intercessors to Allah. Most of the Muslims of the present day world are polytheists; but their polytheism is not very visible everywhere because their polytheist activities consist mainly of their supplications to Allah made through their imagined intercessors.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
05-12-2006, 03:39 PM

So what about the reward of the shaheed when he can intercede for his family members on judgment day.

- Qatada -
05-12-2006, 03:43 PM
:salamext:

Allah's Words: " to Allah belongs all intercession" Prove that intercession is of many different kinds and the scholars have mentioned eight of them:

1. Major Intercession: It is that which will fall upon the shoulders of the Prophet Muhammad (saas ) after all the other Prophets and Messengers have refused to accept it on the Day of Resurrection: The people will ask all of the previous Prophets and Messengers to intercede with Allah (swt ) on their behalf but they will refuse, saying: "Myself! Myself!" Then they will come to the Messenger of Allah (saas ), and he will accept, and go to his Rabb and prostrate before Him for as long as He wills, then he will be given permission to raise his head and intercede on behalf of the believing people, and none other than he (swt ) shall be given this right and privilege.

2. Intercession for the People of Paradise: This has been confirmed by the long Hadith of Abu Hurairah (ra ) which has been narrated by Bukhari and Muslim and which mentions that the Prophet (saas ) will intercede with Allah (swt ) on behalf of the People of Paradise that they may be allowed to enter therein.

3. Intercession for the Disobedient Muslims: He (saas ) will intercede with his Lord on behalf of those Muslims who may have committed sins of disobedience to their Rabb, Almighty, that they may not be placed in the Fire.

4. Intercession for the Disobedient People of Tawheed: He (saas ) will intercede with Allah (swt ) on behalf of those Muslims who have entered the Hell-fire because of their sins, that they may be removed from it. The authentic narration concerning this has been widely reported and all of the Companions and Ahl As-Sunnah are agreed upon it.

5. Intercession for Increasing the Reward of the People of Paradise: The Messenger of Allah (saas ) will intercede on behalf of a people from amongst the People of Paradise, that they may have their reward increased and their status elevated; and there is none who disputes this.

6. Intercession of the Prophet (saas ) for his Uncle: He (saas ) will intercede on behalf of his uncle Abu Talib, that his punishment in the Hell-fire may be lightened.

7. Intercession of the Children: Those children who died while still below the age of reason will intercede on behalf of their believing parents.

8. Intercession of Some of the Believers for Others: It is authentically confirmed that some of the Believers will intercede on behalf of their believing brothers.

source:
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...1-chap-15.html

:wasalamex

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-12-2006, 04:19 PM

I think the title of this thread is wrongly written. The concept of Intercession is a part of Islam as shown in the post by Brother Fi. But one must draw the line between what is considered 'intercession' in many of the Muslim minds today, especially the concept of intercession that is rampant among the desi countries, Egypt, Syria etc. The concept they have is undoubtedly shirk, where they call upon the dead "auwliya" and the Prophet SAW and make Dua to them. They take journey's to their graves with the sole purpose of getting barakah from the graves. They do Tawaf around the graves.

Please see this thread as well:

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...n-tawheed.html

Allah says:

" And warn by it, those who fear to be gathered to their Lord: Besides Him they will have no protector nor intercessor: That they may become pious, God-fearing" (Qur'an 6:51)

Allah , Most High commands His Prophet, Muhammad SAW, in this verse to inform and strike fear into those who are convinced of the truth of the Day of Resurrection: That they will stand before their Lord on that Day, and that they will find no helper, nor intercessor to intercede between them and Allah's punishment, that hopefully, they will fulfill the commands of Allah and abstain from that which He has forbidden.

The verse proves that none can intercede on his own initiative; therefore, to seek such intercession from one of Allah's creatures is an act of major Shirk. Likewise, seeking intercession from idols which their worshippers claim can intercede with Allah on their behalf is a Shirk.

Allah , says:

" Say to Allah belongs all intercession. To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and to Him you shall all return" (Qur'an 39:44)

The verse proves that every kind of intercession is the dominion of Allah and it will not be granted to anyone unless Allah permits it and Is pleased by the one for whom intercession is sought.

" Say: "Call upon those whom you claim [as gods] besides Allah: They have no power, not the weight of an atom - in the heavens or on the earth. No share have they therein, nor is any of them a helper to Allah. No intercession can avail with Him, except for those for whom He has granted permission. So much so that, when terror is removed from their hearts, they will say: "That which is true and just; and He is the Most High, Most Great."" (Qur'an 34:22-23)

The verses prove the negation of intercession for all of Allah's creatures on their own initiative, and that granting intercession is the exclusive right of Allah , and therefore, to seek it from other than Allah is an act of Shirk. This includes the worship of idols which their worshipers claim have the power of intercession.

Intercession will only be granted on two conditions: (i) That Allah has permitted the intercession, and (ii) that He is pleased with the one for whom intercession is sought. And Allah is not Pleased with any save the People of Tawheed as is confirmed by the Hadith:

"On behalf of whom will your intercession be most pleasing (to Allah), oh, Messenger of Allah?" He replied: Him who says: Laa ilaaha illal-laah, sincerely, from his heart." Narrated by Bukhari, on the authority of Abu Hurairah (ra).

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M H Kahn
05-13-2006, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
So what about the reward of the shaheed when he can intercede for his family members on judgment day.
Allah says: "You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them." [17:36]

He further says:"Do you not know that to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and that besides Allah, you have no protector or helper!" [2:107]

So let's bury for ever the miscreants' invention of the false road to paradise through the imagined intercession of entities other than Allah Himself.

akulion
05-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Salam Alaikum

The "concept of Intercession" exists n Islam and ALL muslims should be aware of tihi - plain and simple...

In Al-Quran Allah swt addresses humanity and says:

Chapter 2
Verse 255
Allah! there is no Allah but He the living the Self-subsisting Eternal. No slumber can seize him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to his creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of his knowledge except as He willeth. His throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. For He is the Most High the Supreme (in glory).

========================================

Therefore indeed there will be permission from Allah swt himself to many of his servants to intervene for others. One of these servants of allah swt is Prophet Mohammed (s) who shall be granted the right to intercede with Allah swt's permission:

The Prophet said, "Allah will gather the believers on the Day of Resurrection in the same way (as they are gathered in this life), and they will say, 'Let us ask someone to intercede for us with our Lord that He may relieve us from this place of ours.' Then they will go to Adam and say, 'O Adam! Don't you see the people (people's condition)? Allah created you with His Own Hands and ordered His angels to prostrate before you, and taught you the names of all the things. Please intercede for us with our Lord so that He may relieve us from this place of ours.' Adam will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking' and mention to them the mistakes he had committed, and add, "But you'd better go to Noah as he was the first Apostle sent by Allah to the people of the Earth.' They will go to Noah who will reply, 'I am not fit for this undertaking,' and mention the mistake which he made, and add, 'But you'd better go to Abraham, Khalil Ar-Rahman.'

They will go to Abraham who will reply, 'I am not fit for this undertaking,' and mention to them the mistakes he made, and add, 'But you'd better go to Moses, a slave whom Allah gave the Torah and to whom He spoke directly.' They will go to Moses who will reply, 'I am not fit for this undertaking,' and mention to them the mistakes he made, and add, 'You'd better go to Jesus, Allah's slave and His Apostle and His Word (Be: And it was) and a soul created by Him.' They will go to Jesus who will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking, but you'd better go to Muhammad whose sins of the past and the future had been forgiven (by Allah).' So they will come to me and I will ask the permission of my Lord, and I will be permitted (to present myself) before Him. When I see my Lord, I will fall down in (prostration) before Him and He will leave me (in prostration) as long as He wishes, and then it will be said to me, 'O Muhammad! Raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to; and ask, for you will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.' I will then raise my head and praise my Lord with certain praises which He has taught me, and then I will intercede. Allah will allow me to intercede (for a certain kind of people) and will fix a limit whom I will admit into Paradise.

I will come back again, and when I see my Lord (again), I will fall down in prostration before Him, and He will leave me (in prostration) as long as He wishes, and then He will say, 'O Muhammad! Raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to; and ask, for you will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.' I will then praise my Lord with certain praises which He has taught me, and then I will intercede. Allah will allow me to intercede (for a certain kind of people) and will fix a limit to whom I will admit into Paradise, I will return again, and when I see my Lord, I will fall down (in prostration) and He will leave me (in prostration) as long as He wishes, and then He will say, 'O Muhammad! Raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to, and ask, for you will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.' I will then praise my Lord with certain praises which He has taught me, and then I will intercede. Allah will allow me to intercede (for a certain kind of people) and will fix a limit to whom I will admit into Paradise. I will come back and say, 'O my Lord! None remains in Hell (Fire) but those whom Qur'an has imprisoned therein and for whom eternity in Hell (Fire) has become inevitable.' "

The Prophet added, "There will come out of Hell (Fire) everyone who says: 'La ilaha illal-lah,' and has in his heart good equal to the weight of a barley grain. Then there will come out of Hell (Fire) everyone who says: ' La ilaha illal-lah,' and has in his heart good equal to the weight of a wheat grain. Then there will come out of Hell (Fire) everyone who says: 'La ilaha illal-lah,' and has in his heart good equal to the weight of an atom (or a smallest ant)."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 9.507 Narrated byAnas

=========================================

Insha'Allah I hope everyone can verify this and check it out for themselves as well :)

M H Kahn
05-13-2006, 03:09 AM
Islam is a code of faith and conduct for the whole humankind. Here you have to believe that only Allah alone is always all-powerful over all things, both in this world and in the hereafter. He sent prophets from time to time only to remind the misguided people that they should worship none but Allah alone and not to associate any partners with Him. All the prophets were from among humans and after communicating the teachings of Allah to the people of their respective times, they all died leaving behind the divine books, where applicable, and their ideals to be followed. On the day of resurrection, the ordinary people as well as the prophets alike will face trial and who worked righteously in the world will find their abode in the paradise. Neither the prophets nor any other shall have any power in the hereafter to help any slave except for Allah Himself. To Allah, as we learn from the Quran, the prophets have different status; but to us, they are equal—the prophets of Allah only. Similarly all the divine books are of equal reverence to a believer. This is, in short, the code of faith the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) has taught us with the Quran that Allah inspired to him through the powerful angel Gabriel. Allah says:

“Say ye: "We believe in God, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to God (in Islam)." [2:136]

“And those who believe in Allah and his messengers and do not differentiate between the messengers, He will reward them; and Allah is oft-forgiving, most merciful.” [4:152]

Code of conduct consists of saying salah five times a day, fasting in the month of Ramadan every year, performing hajj once in a life by the financially able people and paying zakah by those who are rich. These are ritual worships which we have to do in the way we have been taught by the prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and, in addition, we have to live our everyday life in the way the prophet Muhammed (pbuh) showed us to live. This is Islam to us in short. There is neither any class nor any creed-- Islam is always one and only that Muhammed (pbuh) has taught us. Whoever invents or follows any class or creed in Islam cannot be a true Muslim.

There were, however, always many miscreant scholars who have written books and spread among people that Muhammed (pbuh) was not a human; he is the greatest of the prophets and he will have intercessory power in the hereafter to take people to the paradise at his own discretion. But these are all lies vis-à-vis the Quran which Muhammed (pbuh) himself has taught us and which has remained free from any sort of corruption. If a person believes in Allah, His angels, divine books, the prophets, the hereafter and the predestination, we ordinarily call him a Muslim. But if at the same time, he believes that a prophet or any other human (dead or alive) or any object (such an amulet, or talisman etc.) possesses any spiritual power to bring him Allah’s favour (which otherwise would not be available if Allah was called directly) either in this world or in the hereafter, then surely he is a MUSHRIK despite all his other faiths about Allah and the worships done for Him, as Allah says:

“And who is in greater error than he who calls besides Allah upon those that will not answer him till the day of resurrection and they are heedless of their call?” [Surah Ahqaf Ayah 5]

“Now, surely, sincere obedience is due to Allah (alone) and (as for) those who take guardians besides Him, (saying), We do not serve them save that they may make us nearer to Allah, surely Allah will judge between them in that in which they differ; surely Allah does not guide him aright who is a liar, ungrateful.” [Surah Zumar Ayah 3]

".......All ruling belongs to God, and He has ruled that you shall not worship except Him. This is the PERFECT RELIGION, but most people do not know." [12:40]

Similarly, any deed done in the name worship will be an act of great sin if that very deed was not done by the prophet as an act of worship. Now who is a Muslim? Can a Muslim be born? One who has learnt Islam and accepted it is a Muslim. A Muslim cannot be born; one who understands Islam first and then converts to it is a Muslim only. All people who bear the identity of belonging to Muslim community are never all true Muslims; only a few handfuls of them who have learnt Islam and reverted to it are true Muslims. Now to judge who is a Muslim and who not, you have to know yourself the gist of what Islam is and then judge others in that light. If you judge in the light of the Quran, you will be astonished to find that many famous scholars, who have wide name and fame as belonging to the best of the Muslims, were actually fakes or miscreants engaged in instituting various innovative malpractices in Islam leading, among other things, to prophet worship, saint worship, grave worship, amulet or taweez worship (a nut-shaped metal container with a piece of paper put inside it), jinn worship, as well as sale and purchase of worships for money such as appointing people on payment to stage the drama of milad (an innovation added to Islam about 600 years ago wherein the final prophet is praised in various objectionable ways), to recite the Quran and tasbih and to supplicate to Allah on behalf of the payer. Most of the books written by people on Islam contain many corrupt ideas. Similarly many ant-Quranic fake stories have found place in many books of Hadith. This has happened because ordinary people are not ready to spend time to know the divine code of life. As it is very difficult to identify a true Muslim, the same is the problem with man-made books that often contain corrupt ideas. The Quran is the touch-stone with which you have to identify a real Muslim and a real scholar or how much of a scholarly book is to be accepted as correct and how much to be rejected as corrupt.

akulion
05-13-2006, 04:02 AM
Salam Alaikum again...

I think i didnt make it very clear in my last post so I will keep it simple this time :)

Allah swt will grant people the power of intercession - it is stated in the very Quran

----------------------

Chapter 20
Verse 109
On that Day shall no intercession avail except for those for whom permission has been granted by (Allah) Most Gracious and whose word is acceptable to Him.

----------------------

And then again...

----------------------

Chapter 34
Verse 23
"No intercession can avail in His Presence except for those for whom He has granted permission. So far (is this the case) that when terror is removed from their hearts (at the Day of Judgement then) will they say `What is it that your Lord commanded?' They will say `That which is true and just; and He is the Most High Most Great.' "

----------------------

And then again

----------------------

Chapter 39:
Verse 44
Say: "To Allah belongs exclusively (the right to grant) Intercession: to Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: in the End it is to Him that ye shall be brought back."

----------------------

And then again

----------------------

Chapter 53
Verse 26
How many so ever be the angels in the heavens their intercession will avail nothing except after Allah has given leave for whom He pleases and that he is acceptable to Him.

----------------------

and then again in crystal clear words:

----------------------

Chapter 19
verse 87
None shall have the power of intercession but such a one as has received permission (or promise) from (Allah) Most Gracious.

----------------------

I believe you are thinking on a different "pattern of thought" which in my judgement is that "people pray to Mohammed(s)"

That is shirk - no one can deny it.

However on the day of judgement it is very clearn from the Quran itself that Allah swt himself will indeed grant people (not just the Prophet(s) - but other people too) the power of intercession.

I hope insha'allah you understand :)

Jazak Allah Khair.

Bro Aku

Hawa
05-13-2006, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M H Kahn
Some traditional views among many Muslims regarding intercession, based on books written by some earlier humans under cover of hadith literature, are: Muhammed (pbuh) was the first creation of Allah from his own light and the rest of the creation was for his sake. He was the greatest of the prophets and he earned his prophethood even when Adam (pbuh) was between clay and water. He (Muhammed) is the best friend of Allah. Adam (pbuh) was forgiven by Allah for the sake of Muhammed (pbuh). None will go to paradise without intercession of Muhammed (pbuh).

subhanallah..shaytaan will stop at nothing, ^^^thats the Christian concept of Jesus if im not mistaken..
Alhamdullilah to the Most Wise for granting us His Mercy

M H Kahn
05-13-2006, 04:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
Salam Alaikum again...

Jazak Allah Khair.

Bro Aku
You don't know what this intercession is for which Allah will permit someone to intercede sor someone else. Allah, on the other hand, has very clearly made known the followings:-

Guard yourselves against the Day on which one soul shall not avail another - no intercession shall be accepted, no ransom shall be taken and no help shall be given.[2:48]

Do you not know that to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and that besides Allah, you have no protector or helper![2:107]

Guard yourselves against the Day when one soul shall not avail another, no ransom shall be taken, no intercession shall profit anyone, and no help shall be given.[2:123]

O believers! Spend out of the sustenance which We have provided for you before the arrival of that Day when there will be no bargaining, friendship or intercession. It is the unbelievers who are wrongdoers.[2:254]

If Allah helps you, then there is none who can overcome you. If He forsakes you, then who else is there other than Him who can help you? Therefore, in Allah let the believers put their trust.[3:160]

Thes clear verses unequivocally say that no intercession will benefit any human in the hereafter. This is the final say of Allah.

akulion
05-13-2006, 05:13 AM
Salam Alaikum

The Quran is not a book which u take one verse from and say "this is it" the other verses more numerous in numbers which I posted for you all clearly state that intercession will be accepted by those who Allah swt permits.

Furthermore I dont know if you follow the hadith or not but they also make it VERY clear about the concept of Intercession.

All of the verses you have posted above are true BUT read them together with the verses I also posted and then you will realize only and only 1 thing:

1. Intercession power lies only with Allah and he will grant it to whom he pleases because he has said so in the Quran himself.

You can take your one sided verses or you can take the Quran as a whole and read where the exceptions have ben clearly marked out.

I have simply stated the case above for your enlightnment best to my knowledge and understanding. In the end enlightment is in the hands of Allah alone, so may Allah swt enlighten us in this matter and grant us with hikmah ameen.

Jazak Allah Khair

Bro Aku :)

M H Kahn
05-13-2006, 05:54 AM
Salam Alaikum

The Quran is not a book which u take one verse from and say "this is it" the other verses more numerous in numbers which I posted for you all clearly state that intercession will be accepted by those who Allah swt permits.
Furthermore I dont know if you follow the hadith or not but they also make it VERY clear about the concept of Intercession.
All of the verses you have posted above are true BUT read them together with the verses I also posted and then you will realize only and only 1 thing:
1. Intercession power lies only with Allah and he will grant it to whom he pleases because he has said so in the Quran himself.

You can take your one sided verses or you can take the Quran as a whole and read where the exceptions have ben clearly marked out.

I have simply stated the case above for your enlightnment best to my knowledge and understanding. In the end enlightment is in the hands of Allah alone, so may Allah swt enlighten us in this matter and grant us with hikmah ameen.
Jazak Allah Khair
Bro Aku :)
I don' deny that there are some words about intercession but you don't know what they actually signify. What is very clear, on the other hand, is that no intercession will be of any benefit to any of Allah's slave; and Allah's words can never be self-contradictory. So why should you bother about the intercession ? If I agree for the sake of argument that intercession may be beneficial for someone, still then why should you murmur for intercession which is exclussively the domain of Allah alone?

M H Kahn
05-13-2006, 06:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hawa
subhanallah..shaytaan will stop at nothing, ^^^thats the Christian concept of Jesus if im not mistaken..
Alhamdullilah to the Most Wise for granting us His Mercy
In India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and many other countries most of the scholars believe the said stories and they have virtually turned these countries into lands of polytheists and Islam into a religion of polytheism-- worshipping Allah, His messenger and other good people alike. You will find thousnds of graves where people go to buy the imaginary intercessors' mercy in exchange of money paid to their grave-keeprs. Grave-keeping is a very lucrative profession in these countruies.

akulion
05-13-2006, 06:37 AM
I don' deny that there are some words about intercession but you don't know what they actually signify.
Yes we do know what they signify - they signify the intercession of the man to whom we did good and we are in trouble on the day of judgement - Allah swt will allow that person to intercede for us to ask for forgiveness on our behalf. It also signifies the fact the the Prophet (s) will be given permission to intercede for his ummah on the day of judgement. And it signifies many other things which we read in the sahih hadith

What is very clear, on the other hand, is that no intercession will be of any benefit to any of Allah's slave; and Allah's words can never be self-contradictory.
Once again I quoted the verses of the Quran - so either those verses are self conflicting or there is a deeper meaning to them which you fail to see. Like I said if you wish to see only the verses you pointed out and pretend as if the verses I posed hold no weight then thats your lack of crediting someone elses points. Furthermore Intercession will benefit many people - please read the ahadith to find out the benefits of "what things" and "who" will be allowed intercession.

So why should you bother about the intercession ?
We should bother about it because Knowledge is what is benefical. And also denying that which Allah swt has already ordained is what makes it non-benefical. What Allah has revealed to us - we have to ponder upon and understand.

If I agree for the sake of argument that intercession may be beneficial for someone, still then why should you murmur for intercession which is exclussively the domain of Allah alone?
No one murmers anything for intercession - dont know where you get that from. All Muslims pray to Allah swt alone. The intercession which will occur will "on the day of judgement" not on this earth BY the will of Allah, I keep bolding that part in my old posts but you seem to over look them everytime, dont know why.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-14-2006, 10:06 PM

Please see this:
http://www.islamicweb.com/beliefs/cr...T1-chap-15.htm

Then please go here and download Yasir Qadhi's explanation of Kitab At-Tawheed and then listen to the corresponding chapter:

http://audioislam.com/?subcategory=A...20to%20Servant

M H Kahn
05-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Yes we do know what they signify - they signify the intercession of the man to whom we did good and we are in trouble on the day of judgement - Allah swt will allow that person to intercede for us to ask for forgiveness on our behalf. It also signifies the fact the the Prophet (s) will be given permission to intercede for his ummah on the day of judgement. And it signifies many other things which we read in the sahih hadith.
Do those MUSHRIKS --who believe in Allah, His prophets, divine books, angels, the resurrection and the predestnation, say salah, pay zakah, fast in the month of Ramadhan and perform hajj; but whenever they supplicate to Allah, they ask Him to accept the supplication for the sake of Muhammed(pbuh) and other good people who have passed away to the hereafter -- belong to the ummah of Mohammed (pbuh) ?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Do those MUSHRIKS --who believe in Allah, His prophets, divine books, angels, the resurrection and the predestnation, say salah, pay zakah, fast in the month of Ramadhan and perform hajj; but whenever they supplicate to Allah, they ask Him to accept the supplication for the sake of Muhammed(pbuh) and other good people who have passed away to the hereafter -- belong to the ummah of Mohammed (pbuh) ?

What your saying is right, but the particular act comes if i recall correctly under shirk asghar i.e. the minor shirk which doesnt put one out of the fold of Islam. It is a major sin though.

And you cannot deem them to be this or that until you know what they died upon. Allah will forgive them if He will if they repent in this life before the pangs of death. Only after death there is no forgivness for shirk.

- Qatada -
05-17-2006, 05:34 PM

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 556:

Narrated Abu Huraira radhiAllaahu anhu):

We were in the company of the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) at a banquet and a cooked (mutton) forearm was set before him, and he used to like it. He ate a morsel of it and said, "I will be the chief of all the people on the Day of Resurrection.

Do you know how Allah will gather all the first and the last (people) in one level place where an observer will be able to see (all) of them and they will be able to hear the announcer, and the sun will come near to them. Some People will say: Don't you see, in what condition you are and the state to which you have reached? Why don't you look for a person who can intercede for you with your Lord? Some people will say: Appeal to your father, Adam.' They will go to him and say:

'O Adam! You are the father of all mankind, and Allah created you with His Own Hands, and ordered the angels to prostrate for you, and made you live in Paradise. Will you not intercede for us with your Lord? Don't you see in what (miserable) state we are, and to what condition we have reached?' On that Adam will reply, 'My Lord is so angry as He has never been before and will never be in the future; (besides), He forbade me (to eat from) the tree, but I disobeyed (Him), (I am worried about) myself! Myself! Go to somebody else; go to Noah.'

They will go to Noah and say; 'O Noah! You are the first amongst the messengers of Allah to the people of the earth, and Allah named you a thankful slave. Don't you see in what a (miserable) state we are and to what condition we have reached? Will you not intercede for us with your Lord? Noah will reply: 'Today my Lord has become so angry as he had never been before and will never be in the future Myself! Myself!

Go to the Prophet (Muhammad sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam). The people will come to me, and I will prostrate myself underneath Allah's Throne. Then I will be addressed: 'O Muhammad! Raise your head; intercede, for your intercession will be accepted, and ask (for anything). for you will be given.

M H Kahn
05-17-2006, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Åhmed
And you cannot deem them to be this or that until you know what they died upon. Allah will forgive them if He will if they repent in this life before the pangs of death. Only after death there is no forgivness for shirk. :w:
There's nothing to disagree to what you have stated. If ones comes to his senses before death and sincerely repents for the shirk done in his earlier life, he is sure to be forgiven by Allah.

Muslim Soldier
05-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I see sumthing but have not ime to reply
l8r inshallah

M H Kahn
05-17-2006, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
The people will come to me, and I will prostrate myself underneath Allah's Throne. Then I will be addressed: 'O Muhammad! Raise your head; intercede, for your intercession will be accepted, and ask (for anything). for you will be given. :wasalamex
One who obeys Allah and His prophet Muhammed (pbuh) cannot believe this as the words of Muhammed (pbuh) who himself has brought the Quran to us, while the said story denies many cardinal verses of the Quran; and what is he who denies a verse of Quran?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-17-2006, 08:52 PM
One who obeys Allah and His prophet Muhammed (pbuh) cannot believe this as the words of Muhammed (pbuh) who himself has brought the Quran to us, while the said story denies many cardinal verses of the Quran; and what is he who denies a verse of Quran?

That is an authentic Hadith as it appears in Sahih Bukhari. What the hadith is talking about is the time before the Day of Qiyamah has started. The intercession mentioned in this Hadith is the intercession the Prophet will do for all of mankind, the one where he will intercede on behalf all of mankind for Allah to start the Judging.

Know that the Quran and the Hadiths have talked about intercession. YOu are taking an extreme view, while in the old thread another extreme view was presented. (Invoking others beside Allah thread). The correct path is the middle path between both extremes.

Intercession will occur, but ONLY when Allah has permitted it and ONLY those he has permitted as intercessors. Therefore all intercession belongs to Allah and on that Day He will tell those who He has chosen to intercede, to intercede, and He will tell them who they can intercede for. Therefore, the question arises, 'If Allah will tell people to intercede, then tell them WHO they can intercede for, what is the purpose of this intercession?' The answer is simple, Allah wills to raise thier status on that Day so he grants them this honor.

I really recommend you to look at the links i provided in the pervious posts and listen to the lecture by Yasir Qadhi to the corresponding chapter on Intercession.

- Qatada -
05-17-2006, 09:01 PM

By the Star when it goes down,-

Your Companion is neither astray nor being misled.

Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire.

It is naught but revelation that is revealed,

In huwa illa wahyun yooha

He was taught by one Mighty in Power,

The Lord of Strength; so he attained completion,

(surah najm 53: 01-06)

" Say: "Call upon those whom you claim [as gods] besides Allah: They have no power, not the weight of an atom - in the heavens or on the earth. No share have they therein, nor is any of them a helper to Allah. No intercession can avail with Him, except for those for whom He has granted permission. So much so that, when terror is removed from their hearts, they will say: "That which is true and just; and He is the Most High, Most Great."" (Qur'an 34:22-23)

Allah! there is no Allah but He the living the Self-subsisting Eternal. No slumber can seize him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to his creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of his knowledge except as He willeth. His throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. For He is the Most High the Supreme (in glory).

(Qur'an 2:255)

Abdullaah ibn Amar radhiAllaahu anhu, who said:

"I used to write down everything that I heard from the Messenger of Allaah (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him), because I wanted to memorize it. Quraysh told me not to do that and said: Are you writing everything down that you hear? The Messenger of Allaah is only a man who may speak when he is angry or happy. So I stopped writing things down, and I mentioned this to the Messenger of Allaah (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him). He [sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam] pointed to his mouth and said: Write; by the One in Whose hand is my soul, nothing comes out of it (my mouth) but the truth."

(Reported by Abu Dawud, may Allaah have mercy on him, in al-Sunan, Kitaab al-Ilm, hadeeth no. 3161, see also Saheeh al-Jaami , no. 1196)

boriqee
05-18-2006, 04:25 AM
You don't know what this intercession is for which Allah will permit someone to intercede sor someone else. Allah, on the other hand, has very clearly made known the followings:-

Guard yourselves against the Day on which one soul shall not avail another - no intercession shall be accepted, no ransom shall be taken and no help shall be given.[2:48]

Do you not know that to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and that besides Allah, you have no protector or helper![2:107]

Guard yourselves against the Day when one soul shall not avail another, no ransom shall be taken, no intercession shall profit anyone, and no help shall be given.[2:123]

O believers! Spend out of the sustenance which We have provided for you before the arrival of that Day when there will be no bargaining, friendship or intercession. It is the unbelievers who are wrongdoers.[2:254]

If Allah helps you, then there is none who can overcome you. If He forsakes you, then who else is there other than Him who can help you? Therefore, in Allah let the believers put their trust.[3:160]

Thes clear verses unequivocally say that no intercession will benefit any human in the hereafter. This is the final say of Allah.

akhee M H Khan

I advise you for the sake fo Allah teh following

The prophet salallahu alaihi wa salam said 'Whoever interprets the Quraan on his own will be punished by the hellfire even if he gets it right"

The problem is that you have connected shafa'a with waseela and more importantly the waseela of the sufis.

Just because intercession is a real incident that will happen (and the denier of this is a kaafir) on that Day and the reality that Muhamamd will intercede hs nothing to do with the flasehood of the people who pract5ice shirk in that they need to use Muhamamd to get closeto Allah and swear by him and make dua to him for aid and benefit or to remove harm.

Basically what you did was make what is turth to be faslehood and shrk just based upon a group of people who took what was legislated and interpreted into the concepts of shirk. if that is the case we might as well throw the quraan aweay. If that is the case we might as well neagte the zakaah because (even though it is sanctioned the rulers throughout the Islamic eras sometimes have overtazed the people). We might as well throw the concetp of salaah away because a small band pops up and makes it a religious obligation of having riyya (hidden shirk which is to be seen by men) in making it, so therefore according to your own methodology that you are imploring we must negate the salaah and call it shirk.

basciaqlly you should not, actually it is haraam for you, to attribute the flase practice of the misguided in raising and going and making tawaf around graves and makign du'a to them and making the innovated waseela to them and attributing it to the legislated shafa'aah

And since for some reason you feel like you have the audacity to view the narrations of hadeeth in the methodology that you do, then since you only rely on quraan and basically almost nothing of hadeeth (unless if goes according to your intellect) then when you cite this

and when you view this

Allah! there is no Allah but He the living the Self-subsisting Eternal. No slumber can seize him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth?

then by default there is a contradiction in the quraan which by default results in disbeleif in the ayaah of

'And have you not carefully considered that if this book came from other than Allah you would have fund many contradictions therein"

The religion is known and it takes knowledge to know and the most knowledgeable people after the prophet were the companions and then their studetns and then their students and then those who followed their way in creed and methodology and who deduced principles based off of that. So while you deem lowly the people of knowledge the religion is known through them, not through the ignorant ones.

The scholar has authentic precedent when he is right and is rewarded one reward for being wrong, whil the jaahil is in the hellfire for getting it right and maybe worse for getting it wrong. This alone is enough reason and proof to suport you to the abandoning of these unheard of stancess that you have been known to speak with here at times
as for this
you dont have the authority nor the knowledge to delve into the removal of who is and whop isnt in the ummah of Muhamamd. Before you can even warrent a ruling there are obstacle from the matters of usool that one has to go through in critique before anyone can even issue a verdict on the relity of a person. You on the other hand are making takfeer of muslims without any tafseel which is do to the lack of knowledge that you did not gain. so for one, even though what they practice is shirk, they cannot be called mushriks and do belong tothe ummah of Muhamamd until the iqaamati-hujjah has been established against them.

akhee Ahmad

What your saying is right, but the particular act comes if i recall correctly under shirk asghar i.e. the minor shirk which doesnt put one out of the fold of Islam. It is a major sin though.
what M H Khan said is right. These acts that they do is shirk al-akbaar and takes one out the fold. But the actual ruling of a claiment to be a kaafir an only br throught by the establishement fo the iqaamati-hujjah

M H Khan

How did the Quran come to us.
The prophet
How did the actions and recitation fo the quraan by the prophet come to us. By the companions.

If you beleived in the same narratoprs who brought to you those ayaah of Allah about the matters which you seek justification of your own interpretation, then you must by default accept those same narrators who brought to us that same hadeeth as the narrators of the quranic ayaah you briing and those who brought that hadeeth are the same.

Everyone who beleived in Allah and His messenger Including Muhammad beleived in the reality of this hadeeth. WHen a hadeeth is clearly authentic and accepted by the ijmaa then its disbeleif is equal to the disbeleif if a letter in the quraan. Sicne the prophet did not see anything contrary between what he said and what ALlah said and sicne the narrators of the quraan did not see anythign contrary to what they themselevs narrated about that hadeeth and sicne the entire muslim nation for 14 centuries did not see any variance between those ayaah and this hadeth, then it follows that the only islam that is insufficient and cannot be considered islam is the Islam that you understand to be. It is either the way that the best of muslims whos Islam has been attested to by Allah, or the way that you see it. Quite frankly everyone here would rather rely on the Islam of the muslims whom Allah not only affirmed their Islam and emaan, but was pleased with it and them, than the islam of a claiment who claims Islam especially who came 1400 years after the real muslims. Their Islam is Islam wand whatever they did do or say or hold is not Islam and cannot be viewed to be Islam.

The same True Muslims and Imaams who were true scholars who made takfeer for the very issues that you speak of also made takfeer for the very thing you are rejecting. SO in one aspect you are making takfeer of a group of people, yet you yourself also fall in a similar state (of takfeer being made upon you) by the stance you are taking.

The shafa'a is part of the aqeedah of Muhamamd and the Aqeedah of Abu Bakr and that of Umar and Uthman and Ali just as the aqeedah of emaan in the the Messengers and in Allah and in His books and the mala'ika. a denial of any of these is the denialment of the very thing that the Messenger was sent with, Islam.

so at the end I advise you to first, put aside the overshadowing doubts about the hadeeth works as it is part of the revelation just as the quraan. And secondly, the best thing to do is rely more on the relied upon authorities of this ummah instead of following the intellect and rational as both have been made subserviant to following and the texts hve not been made subserviant to follow the intellect.

and lastly the religion is more complicated and you must understand that there are realities of the matters of the quraan and the sunnah that normal people like us cannot fathom nor will we be able to in a 100 years remaining in this same state (of ignorance). Th fact that Shafi'ee ( a real scholar) extracted a 1000 meanings of one hadeeth in one night at the house of Ahmad ibn Hanbal's (another real scholar) is enough proof to show that there are matters and implciation in the texts that takes a formalized portion of knowledge in order to even begin upon the embarkment of realizing the realities of the texts.

asalamu alaikum warahmatullah

akulion
05-18-2006, 11:22 AM

Firstly there may be people who ask for the sake of Prophet Mohammed(s) or pray to him, but I dont know of any personally. I always ask and pray to Allah and only for his sake.

Finally I would like to ask you to kindly go to page 1 again and read the Quranic verses I posted which clearly states that intercession belongs to Allah and he will grant it to whom he pleases. And that is a fact from the Quran that indeed Allah swt will grant many people the right to intercede as he sees fit.

It is the decision of Allah swt and we cannot dispute it :)

M H Kahn
05-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Firstly there may be people who ask for the sake of Prophet Mohammed(s) or pray to him, but I dont know of any personally. I always ask and pray to Allah and only for his sake.

Finally I would like to ask you to kindly go to page 1 again and read the Quranic verses I posted which clearly states that intercession belongs to Allah and he will grant it to whom he pleases. And that is a fact from the Quran that indeed Allah swt will grant many people the right to intercede as he sees fit.

It is the decision of Allah swt and we cannot dispute it :)
In Quran we find that no intercession will be of any benefit to any soul IN THE HEREAFTER. We should not have any doubt about this cerystal clear meaning.

Next we find verses that all intercession belongs to Allah alone; none can intercede for any without His permission. But we are not told about what and where this type of intercession takes or will take place. This is the limit set to our knowledge by Allah; and we should not transgress this limit by relying on heresay stories or on mere presumptions. Allah warns the transgressors:

"He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: In it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: others are allegorical. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its hidden meanings except Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding. [003.007]

- Qatada -
05-29-2006, 02:53 PM

akhi if you feel that the ahadith of Rasool Allaah sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam are hearsay, just refer back to the qur'an - when Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala says:

O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the messenger, and make not vain your deeds! (47:33)

So we believe that there is no intercessor, except by the will of Allaah azawajal (as its mentioned in verse 2:255) and Muhammad (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) will be an intercessor on al qiyamah by the will of Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala.

If this threads going to carry on with pointless arguments, and if it means rejecting the sahih ahadith which are in bukhari and muslim - then this thread will be closed insha'Allaah.

M H Kahn
05-29-2006, 03:26 PM
akhi if you feel that the ahadith of Rasool Allaah sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam are hearsay, just refer back to the qur'an - when Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala says:
It seems you have mistaken me. I do believe very much that the words, deeds and consents of Mohammed (pbuh) are collectively called Ahadith. But most of the Ahdiths were collected or recorded long after the death of the prophet from hearsays; and it is quite natural that with lapse of time many sayings changed in the process of passing through generations, and I only reject those hearsays as fake or corrupt stories that contradict the Quran which Mohammed(pbuh) himself has taught us.

- Qatada -
05-29-2006, 03:39 PM

i understand insha'Allaah, but please remember that the hadith which mentions the intercession on al-qiyamah is recorded in sahih al bukhaari and therefore it is authentic insha'Allaah.

at the same time, we don't need to keep arguing pointless arguments - because Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala says:

And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided.
(3:103)

Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving Clear Signs: For them is a dreadful penalty,-
(3:105)

We need unity, and unity can only come through kindness.

Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala says:

And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allah's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affair. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him).
(3:19)

“And speak to him [i.e., Pharaoh] with gentle speech that perhaps he may be reminded or fear [Allaah].”
” [Quran 20: 44]

Sometimes we are stern against the non muslims and even muslims, but we have to realise that Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala told Musa (alayhi Salaam) to speak to pharoah in a gentle way, therefore we should do the same [because pharoah was one of the worst people on earth, and if Allaah azawajal told Musa (alayhi Salam) to speak to pharoah in a gentle way, then obviously we should give da'wah to others who aren't as bad as pharoah in a soft manner too insha'Allaah.]

Furthermore, the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: “He who is deprived of gentleness and forbearance is deprived from a great deal of goodness.” `Aa’ishah, may Allaah be pleased with her, reported that the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: “Whenever forbearance is added to something, it adorns it; and whenever it is withdrawn from something, it leaves it defective.” [Sahih Muslim].

No muslim will listen to us if we call them a mushrik, but they will if we give them da'wah kindly and show them the truth insha'Allaah.

It's also dangerous to judge others - because Allaah azawajal only knows who truely is a muslim and who isn't.

"Judging that a Muslim has left Islaam and entered into Kufr is something that is not fitting for a Muslim who believes in Allaah and the Last Day except with a proof (Burhaan) which is clearer than the daytime sun, since it is established in the authentic hadith reported by a group of Companions that he who says to his brother "O Kaafir!" Then it returns back to one of them." In another wording, "Whoever addresses a man with Kufr, or says 'Enemy of Allaah' and he is not that, then it returns back upon him" (Hadith reported by Muslim (2/49 - Book of Eemaan).

“Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and fair preaching and argue with them in a way that is better”. [Quran 16:125].

“And who is better in speech then he who invites to Allaah, meaning, Islamic monotheism and does righteous deeds and says; `I am one of the Muslims`” [Quran 41:33].

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Skillganon
05-29-2006, 06:36 PM
In India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and many other countries most of the scholars believe the said stories and they have virtually turned these countries into lands of polytheists and Islam into a religion of polytheism-- worshipping Allah, His messenger and other good people alike. You will find thousnds of graves where people go to buy the imaginary intercessors' mercy in exchange of money paid to their grave-keeprs. Grave-keeping is a very lucrative profession in these countruies.
Their is many deciever's out their, and in india, bangladesh, pakistan, you will find people practicing witchcraft more than maybe shirk, but majority don't commit either.

M H Kahn
05-30-2006, 07:49 PM
i understand insha'Allaah, but please remember that the hadith which mentions the intercession on al-qiyamah is recorded in sahih al bukhaari and therefore it is authentic insha'Allaah.
Only Allah knows how far this is true. But this denies the cardinal verses of the Quran that there will be no intercession in the hereafter. Only a disbeliever can deny the clear truth that Mohammed himself has taught us with the Quran and accept a story collected from hearsays to the contrary.

M H Kahn
05-30-2006, 07:59 PM
The danger of spreading anti-Quranic false stories is that people start invoking the prophet and supplicating to him for intercession in this worldly affairs as well in the affairs of the hereafter. Even the state television of my country sings like this:" O Mohammed ! Guide us from the heaven in the straight path. Remove the dark and give us light............." which is clearly shirk.

- Qatada -
05-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Only Allah knows how far this is true. But this denies the cardinal verses of the Quran that there will be no intercession in the hereafter. Only a disbeliever can deny the clear truth that Mohammed himself has taught us with the Quran and accept a story collected from hearsays to the contrary.

Akhi, sahih bukhari is the most reliable book of ahadith for the ahlus sunnah wal jamaa'ah after the Qur'an. We believe it and we don't reject anything from it. Theres nothing inside these ahadith which contradict the Qur'an.

I won't say anymore, but may Allaah forgive us if we're wrong.

I think i'm going to close this thread and please think twice before saying anything which might affect the beliefs of the whole aqeedah of the ahlus sunnah, and even the sahabah (who is the best generation of muslims since the time of Aadam (alayhi Salaam.)

Also when you keep saying that its denying the verses of the Qur'an, as we've mentioned many times earlier - Allaah azawajal says in surah al baqarah, verse 2:255 - Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth?

Allah! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory). (2:255)

So we should end this topic before it goes any further insha'Allaah.

Thread Closed.

M H Kahn
05-31-2006, 04:09 PM
1.When Quranic verses and stories narrated as sayings of Muhammed(pbuh) are mutually exclusive, what should a believer do?

2. When two such stories are mutually exclusive, what should a believer do?

Let us find such examples and decide what our faith demands us to do.

M H Kahn
05-31-2006, 07:16 PM
1.When Quranic verses and stories narrated as sayings of Muhammed(pbuh) are mutually exclusive, what should a believer do?

2. When two such stories are mutually exclusive, what should a believer do?

Let us find such examples and decide what our faith demands us to do.
The term "mutually exclusive" means if you accept any one of the two as correct, you reject the other as corrupt. For example, if you accept the widely-gossiped story of intercession in the hereafter as a correct Hadith, then you reject (the clear Quranic ordainment that there will be no intercession in the hereafter) as corrupt. The choice is yours: to treat the Quran as correct or the gossiped story; but when you say that one is correct, then you automatically reject the other as corrupt.

M H Kahn
05-31-2006, 07:45 PM
The term "mutually exclusive" means if you accept any one of the two as correct, you reject the other as corrupt. For example, if you accept the widely-gossiped story of intercession in the hereafter as a correct Hadith, then you reject (the clear Quranic ordainment that there will be no intercession in the hereafter) as corrupt. The choice is yours: to treat the Quran as correct or the gossiped story; but when you say that one is correct, then you automatically reject the other as corrupt.
So, be aware ! If you believe the stories of intercession in the hereafter as true, you are blaming both Allah and His prophet, while neither Allah nor His prophet, as declared by Allah Himself, could lie. Relying on such fabulous stories may lead you to the dark caves of kufr.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-01-2006, 05:22 PM

This question was put to Shaykh Yasir Qadhi on another forum, and he answered. Here is the question (which is very similar to what your saying) and the answer:

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem,

Shaykh Yasir,
Asalamu alaykum wa rahmattallah wa barakatu,

I have been reading some Qur'an that talks about no intecessor on that Day, such as 2:48, and 2:254. I do not understand the arabic either.

We talked about in seminar that there is intercession as Allah SWT allows, such as in the case of the Prophet Muhammad SAAS. So how are the above verses understood? Tafsir dot com was not working for me so I was not able to check tafsir as of yet. Allahu Allam.

Asalamu alaykum wa rahmattallah wa barakatu
Reply:

Salaam Alaikum

I remember having answered a very similar question in a previous thread - perhaps u can do a search of it?

Basically, all of the verses that deny intercession are understood as any intrecession that does not fulfill the two conditions that we mentioned in class. And those two conditions (both of them) went back directly to Allah (i.e., Allah's permission to the intercessor and His Pleasure on the one for whom it is asked). Thus, no one - and that means no one - has the unconditional right to demand, much less be assured, that any person will be forigiven through intercession. Only Allah decides who will intercede,and even then He will not accept the intercession of each and every one who asks.

And Allah knows best...

Yasir
And i urge you to read this:

http://islamicweb.com/beliefs/creed/...T1-chap-15.htm

Chapter 15, on Intercession from Imam Abdul Wahab's Kitab At-Tawheed.

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-01-2006, 07:07 PM
A hadith's concordance with the Qur'an is a prerequisite for it to be labeled sahih. There is no contradiction between Qur'an and Sahih hadith, instead we interpret the Qur'an in light of the sahih hadith. If there is anything we reject it is the corrupt interpretation of the hadith-rejectors.

The Qur'an clearly affirms intercession in the hereafter in numerous places:

20:109. On that day no intercession shall avail, except the one for whom the Most Beneficent (Allâh) has given permission and whose word is acceptable to Him.

21:28. He knows what is before them, and what is behind them, and they cannot intercede except for him with whom He is pleased. And they stand in awe for fear of Him

However, the type of intercession affirmed by the Qur'an is that which is allowed only to those whom Allah permits and for those whom Allah swt is pleased with. Since both the intercessor and the one for whom interecession is sought is determined solely by Allah swt, the function of this interecession is honorary.

This is very different from the common sense of intercession known in this world, which we can refer to as actual mediation or intervention. This means that a third party intervenes between the other two, and due to their status and rank with the first party, they are able to sucessful persuade the first party on behalf of the second party, or mediate the differences between the two parties to come to an agreement. This may happen even though the first party would otherwise have rejected any plea from the second party, or they dislike the intervention of the third party but are forced to accept it due to the status and power of the third party. This interecession is rejected by both the Qur'an and the Ahadith.

Shaykh 'Umar Sulayman Al-'Ashqar explained:
The kind of intercession that will be rejected [on the Day of Judgement] is the kind known in this world, where a person may intercede even if the one with whom he is interceding is not willing to accept this intercession, but is forced to accept that intercession because of their high status and power. This is the kind of intercession which the mushrikeen and the Christians believe in with regard to their gods, and the innovators (people of bid'ah) among this ummah believe in with regard to their shaykhs. Allah has stated that those who believe in this are liars. No one will be able to intercede on that Day except with the permission of Allah, and none will intercede unless Allah is pleased with both the intercessor and the one for whom intercession is made. (Al-Ashqar, The Day of Resurrection, p. 257)
So the intercession rejected by the Qur'an and Ahadith is intervention and mediation, and the intercession affirmed by the Qur'an and Ahadith is privileged supplication whose outcome has already been determined by Allah swt.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.