/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hate it. Hate it. HATE IT!!!!!

------
05-12-2006, 08:20 PM
:sl:

I HATE IT when people (mostly muslims) turn things around in Islam, I.E. rules to suit it for them! Can they not see that arguing with the Hadith and Qur'an will not get them anywhere but in the hellfire?!?!

Like today I tried telling a girl, with Hadith and Qur'an references that Music is haraam and she just laughedin my face! I was shocked and dissapointed at the attitude ofa Muslim towards the Hadith and the Qur'an! :heated:

What is this world coming to?!?!?!?!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-12-2006, 08:25 PM
salam.
sis you don't worry about it cause atleast god knows you told her and she refuses to listen to you so when she dies god will punish her!!!!
w.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-12-2006, 08:28 PM

Thats scary!!! subhanAllah, sounds like the signs of sum1 dumb/death/blind... and those people are damned :(.
Pray 4 ur friend that inshaAllah Allah guides her! Its hard for any1 to quit str8 away but wiv time it'll ease in inshaAllah :).

Im in the same situation btw, but the one i kno goes he thinks its uncertain coz sum scholars say its ok if the intention is in the right place, i say dont try it!! lol its sum scholars wiv there views... gives wrng impressions

------
05-12-2006, 08:29 PM
lol its sum scholars wiv there views... gives wrng impressions

The scholars nowadays giv dawah to suit their own needs :rant:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
05-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Salaam.

I say bring on modern Islam.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-12-2006, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah

ye subhanAllah, scholars for dollars :rant:

------
05-12-2006, 08:32 PM

^^^^^^ Meaning......:?

x Maz x
05-12-2006, 08:32 PM
SubhanAllah, Allah guide them, this is a very delicate sensitive issue and as Muslims we need to find away around it and compromise whilst observing Islam ettiquetes..The Quran states:
"Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching and argue with them in ways that are best." Sura An-Nahl 16:125
We must refer back the to hadeeth in which the Prophet [Pbuh] says that there are going to be somewhat 73/4 sects after him, now bearing this in mind each sect has its own interpretation of hadeeth and Sunnah, therefore we must look at the authinicity of the hadeeth and base our final verdict not looking at one dhaeef hadeeth but basing it on a collection...as for Quran the more iggnorant of us must understand they are the words of Allah and He has vowed to protect it, so no being on this Earth can manipulate it into something based on falsehood, Allah grant us all Jannah and bring us to leanr about deen-ul-haaq and keep us on Siratum-mustakeem Ameen WalaykumAsalaam x

------
05-12-2006, 08:33 PM

Jazakallah sis Maz!

IbnAbdulHakim
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

lol akhee what u mean u Zboy?

Z
Well there are people who are called Scholars because they 'sound' so knowledgable that go around giving their views on Islamic issue which others then take as Fatwas.

Then there's the whole trend of using mediums used by non-Muslims and applying them to Islam.

There's loads more, it's just another Islam - say version 2.0.

------
05-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Version 1 is fine :rant:

Sister_6038
05-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Version 1 is fine :rant:
uh huh i do testify!! yeh mon!!!

x Maz x
05-12-2006, 08:40 PM
What the hell?...you missing version three? duh!...Yano what, why dont you jsut bring out version 4 5 6 7 8 9 n 10? and if you want to stretch it the extra yard or few 11, 12 and so forth...Listen ya'll Follow the Quran and Sunnah and you will not stray >> Nuff said Peace out x

IbnAbdulHakim
05-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Well there are people who are called Scholars because they 'sound' so knowledgable that go around giving their views on Islamic issue which others then take as Fatwas.

Then there's the whole trend of using mediums used by non-Muslims and applying them to Islam.

There's loads more, it's just another Islam - say version 2.0.

how bout we dont change whats already perfect eh?

HeiGou
05-12-2006, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
how bout we dont change whats already perfect eh?
The world is changing around you. Islam needs to adapt. That is not to say that it needs to change, but if technology changes, Islam needs to be able to work in the modern world. So can you divorce your wife by text message? A scholar needs to sit down and think about such issues and come up with an answer. Islam will develop over time, but that does not mean it will change. A friend once told me that Islam was like the moon - always changing, but always the same. Of course he wasn't a good Muslim but I like that metaphor.

And for Ms Kuri, I am sorry you had a bad experience. But don't let it get to you. It is not your fault if she did not listen to you. Your responsibility is to lay down the correct path, politely to not turn away a heart and clearly to be as convincing as possible, and the rest is up to them and God. Don't stop but don't get mad either.

Sister_6038
05-12-2006, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
The world is changing around you. Islam needs to adapt. That is not to say that it needs to change, but if technology changes, Islam needs to be able to work in the modern world. So can you divorce your wife by text message? A scholar needs to sit down and think about such issues and come up with an answer. Islam will develop over time, but that does not mean it will change. A friend once told me that Islam was like the moon - always changing, but always the same. Of course he wasn't a good Muslim but I like that metaphor.

And for Ms Kuri, I am sorry you had a bad experience. But don't let it get to you. It is not your fault if she did not listen to you. Your responsibility is to lay down the correct path, politely to not turn away a heart and clearly to be as convincing as possible, and the rest is up to them and God. Don't stop but don't get mad either.
ok sorry but islam is just as suited for this day and age as it was in the times of the prophet s.a.w it doesnt need changing

IbnAbdulHakim
05-12-2006, 08:49 PM

im gonna say it plain n simple!

ISLAM IS PERFECT THE WORLD IS NOT!! LET THE WORLD ADAPT TO ISLAM!

HeiGou
05-12-2006, 08:54 PM
im gonna say it plain n simple!

ISLAM IS PERFECT THE WORLD IS NOT!! LET THE WORLD ADAPT TO ISLAM!
So can you divorce your wife by text message? Which way should a Muslim astronaut pray in outer space? On Mars when should a Muslim begin the fast for Ramadan?

I do not say Islam needs to change. But Muslims will always have questions about how to apply Islam in their daily lives. Scholars will always have to give opinions on how to do so correctly. Legal books will always grow bigger and bigger.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-12-2006, 09:06 PM
So can you divorce your wife by text message? Which way should a Muslim astronaut pray in outer space? On Mars when should a Muslim begin the fast for Ramadan?

I do not say Islam needs to change. But Muslims will always have questions about how to apply Islam in their daily lives. Scholars will always have to give opinions on how to do so correctly. Legal books will always grow bigger and bigger.

am sure u can divorce ur wife thru text but ur a right A** if u do.

In space the muslim shud pray in the direction of the kaba

No1s eva goin 2 mars mate

Ghazi
05-12-2006, 09:15 PM

am sure u can divorce ur wife thru text but ur a right A** if u do.

In space the muslim shud pray in the direction of the kaba

No1s eva goin 2 mars mate

Salaam

If in space one should prey in the direction of earth.

Kidman
05-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Question : Can a Muslim listen to music?

§ Answer : Music that is permissible is the music that does not entail entertainment in gatherings held for that purpose. Forbidden music is the music that is suitable for entertainment and amusement gatherings.
The expression “the music or the song that is suitable for entertainment and amusement gatherings” does not mean that the music or the song’s tune amuses the heart or changes the mental state because there is nothing wrong in it. The expression actually means that the person listening to the music or the song’s tune - especially if he is an expert in these matters - can distinguish that this tune is used in the entertainment and amusement gatherings or that it is similar to the tunes used therein.

§ Question : Please specify if any music is allowed in Islam?

§ Answer : Music is an art that has spread far and wide during these days. Some varieties of this art are permissible while others are forbidden; therefore, it is permissible to listen to the first while it is forbidden to listen to the latter.

§ Question : Is it haram for a Muslim to listen to music? If yes , why please explain?

§ Answer : Frivolous and licentious music is haram. The crucial line is in it [music] being commensurate with the gatherings of entertainment and moral depravity.

*** How about when reading the Quran or Dua??? That is a form of music, the must beautiful of music. But I understand what type of music you guys were probably discussing, but i'm just saying that not all music is Haram.

czgibson
05-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
Question : Can a Muslim listen to music?

§ Answer : Music that is permissible is the music that does not entail entertainment in gatherings held for that purpose. Forbidden music is the music that is suitable for entertainment and amusement gatherings.
The expression “the music or the song that is suitable for entertainment and amusement gatherings” does not mean that the music or the song’s tune amuses the heart or changes the mental state because there is nothing wrong in it. The expression actually means that the person listening to the music or the song’s tune - especially if he is an expert in these matters - can distinguish that this tune is used in the entertainment and amusement gatherings or that it is similar to the tunes used therein.
What on Earth does that mean? It seems like this person is trying to split hairs.

§ Question : Please specify if any music is allowed in Islam?

§ Answer : Music is an art that has spread far and wide during these days. Some varieties of this art are permissible while others are forbidden; therefore, it is permissible to listen to the first while it is forbidden to listen to the latter.
Well, how informative! The permissible music is that which is permissible, and the forbidden stuff - that's forbidden.

;D

§ Question : Is it haram for a Muslim to listen to music? If yes , why please explain?

§ Answer : Frivolous and licentious music is haram. The crucial line is in it [music] being commensurate with the gatherings of entertainment and moral depravity.
Is there no difference between entertainment and moral depravity?!

*** How about when reading the Quran or Dua??? That is a form of music, the must beautiful of music. But I understand what type of music you guys were probably discussing, but i'm just saying that not all music is Haram.
It's a controversial issue, isn't it? I think many Muslims decide that it's safest to stay away from music altogether. I'll never understand why.

Peace

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-12-2006, 09:58 PM
This is fiqh. Fiqh is our understanding and application of the Shari'ah (Islamic laws and rulings) in different contexts and scenarios. Fiqh may change, but the Shari'ah will not. So Islam doesn't change, it is just applied in new and different contexts.

Btw, I posted the answer to the astronaut question already:
http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...blah-moon.html

Peace.

Nafiisah
05-13-2006, 09:04 AM
Islam is flawless coz Allah Almighty has perfected it for us as He says in the Holy Qur'aan. It is meant for all times onwards from the Prophet(sallahu 3alaihi wassallam)

SirZubair
05-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Islam is a perfect religon..I will and can Never argue with that.

But As far as muslims of the 21st century go,...please,dont get me started.

We need to pull our socks up,sort out our act and act more responsibily.

We've been placed on earth to take care of it,bring peace to the world.

How many people on this forum are willing to go out there and spread the word of allah to Non-muslims?

...next question,how many of you are willing to grab a sword,march down to israel and slaughter a dozen jews for 'the sake of allah'?

Answer those two questions honestly.

If you answer "ME!" to the first question,then go out there and DO IT.

If you answer "ME!" to the second question,then you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Wa'salaam.

------
05-13-2006, 09:34 AM
The world is changing around you. Islam needs to adapt. That is not to say that it needs to change, but if technology changes, Islam needs to be able to work in the modern world.
Islam is the perfect religion EVER and no one can change it!

format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
What the hell?...you missing version three? duh!...Yano what, why dont you jsut bring out version 4 5 6 7 8 9 n 10? and if you want to stretch it the extra yard or few 11, 12 and so forth...Listen ya'll Follow the Quran and Sunnah and you will not stray >> Nuff said Peace out x
Init tho Sis Maz...Some people these days........Thats exactly what i ment in post 1....people changing Islam to suit their own needs........! :heated:

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Islam is a perfect religon..I will and can Never argue with that.

But As far as muslims of the 21st century go,...please,dont get me started.

We need to pull our socks up,sort out our act and act more responsibily.

We've been placed on earth to take care of it,bring peace to the world.

How many people on this forum are willing to go out there and spread the word of allah to Non-muslims?

...next question,how many of you are willing to grab a sword,march down to israel and slaughter a dozen jews for 'the sake of allah'?

Answer those two questions honestly.

If you answer "ME!" to the first question,then go out there and DO IT.

If you answer "ME!" to the second question,then you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Wa'salaam.
Respect Akhi! :sister:

HeiGou
05-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Yh........Islam is a package.... you have to take it all u cant leave bits out of it.....
Actually you can and people do every day. And have for a very long time if not forever. What you mean is that you shouldn't leave bits out. Which is a very different claim.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
This is fiqh. Fiqh is our understanding and application of the Shari'ah (Islamic laws and rulings) in different contexts and scenarios. Fiqh may change, but the Shari'ah will not. So Islam doesn't change, it is just applied in new and different contexts.
Well, OK, if you define Islam to include Sharia but not fiqh. But I agree with that last sentence. It was all that I was saying.

Ghazi
05-13-2006, 09:39 AM

Brother I'm willing to defend my brothers for the sake of allah, even allah says in the quran "fighting has been prescribed for you but it's possable you like something thats bad for you and you dislike something thats good for you".

SirZubair
05-13-2006, 09:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Brother I'm willing to defend my brothers for the sake of allah, even allah says in the quran "fighting has been prescribed for you but it's possable you like something thats bad for you and you dislike something thats good for you".
...but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not. (2:216)

------
05-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Actually you can and people do every day. And have for a very long time if not forever. What you mean is that you shouldn't leave bits out. Which is a very different claim.
NO i MEAN u CANT leave bits out. Trust me. U can't.

HeiGou
05-13-2006, 10:50 AM
NO i MEAN u CANT leave bits out. Trust me. U can't.
You have, yet again I am afraid, missed my point entirely. Yes you can as it happens. Muslims do each and every day. Believe me, you can and many do. What I said, and I'll say again, is that you should not do so. There is a world of difference between "should not" and "can not".

So you can trivially find Muslims who think they are good Muslims even if they do not do the "full package". God may have a different view on that, but they still have theirs.

------
05-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Muslims do each and every day.
They are not Proper Muslims then.

What I said, and I'll say again, is that you should not do so.
Agreed.

God may have a different view on that, but they still have theirs.
God's view on Islam SHOULD be their view.

snakelegs
05-13-2006, 07:07 PM
so if a person listens to music, he is not a good muslim?
i wonder if potential reverts are told that music is haram?

------
05-13-2006, 07:09 PM
If a person loves music more than the Prophet (PBUH) (As the Prophet (PBUH) himself said that Music is unlawful in Islam), go ahead and listen to music.

I wonder as well.... :rollseyes

Kittygyal
05-13-2006, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
salam.
well no he isn't but if he didn't know then someone must tell them it's not allowed. well i am a revert and i have learn music is not allowed therefore i am recommanding to stop it but i need god help and everyonne to remember me in your prayers that god leads me to the right path and i stop listening to music :heated: (amin)
w.salam

Sahraxx
05-13-2006, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
well no he isn't but if he didn't know then someone must tell them it's not allowed. well i am a revert and i have learn music is not allowed therefore i am recommanding to stop it but i need god help and everyonne to remember me in your prayers that god leads me to the right path and i stop listening to music :heated: (amin)
w.salam
Inshallah we should pray for all of our ummah to do this

A.P
05-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Aalima Quote"They are not Proper Muslims then."

no offence but it is not up to you to say who is a good Muslim & who is not..

Also not all scholars are"scholars for dollars "

------
05-13-2006, 07:22 PM
^^^^ Yup. Insha'Allah.

snakelegs
05-14-2006, 03:53 AM
i wonder why some people concern themselves with and judge someone else's practice or non-practice of his religion. shouldn't this be a matter between that individual and god?

A.P
05-14-2006, 04:44 AM
i wonder why some people concern themselves with and judge someone else's practice or non-practice of his religion. shouldn't this be a matter between that individual and god?
yes thats what i think as well

Panatella
05-14-2006, 07:26 AM
This is a good question. Is it that they wish to control others? What is it that makes someone so judgemental and preoccupied with what others are doing?

Dawud_uk
05-14-2006, 07:56 AM

I HATE IT when people (mostly muslims) turn things around in Islam, I.E. rules to suit it for them! Can they not see that arguing with the Hadith and Qur'an will not get them anywhere but in the hellfire?!?!

Like today I tried telling a girl, with Hadith and Qur'an references that Music is haraam and she just laughedin my face! I was shocked and dissapointed at the attitude ofa Muslim towards the Hadith and the Qur'an! :heated:

assalaamu alaykum sister,

you must first create respect for the Quran and ahaddith before you use them on people.

say things like... if Allah said this to you would you listen to him?
if they say yes, then point out to them that the Quran is the word of Allah and should be read, recited and respected as such.

obviously if they say no they have fundemental issues it might be best addressing through methods more familiar when giving da'wah to the kuffar as opposed to naseehah to the muslims.

ask them if they love the prophet Muhammad (saws)?
ask them if Allah (swt) tells us to obey him in the Quran then who are we to disobey?

when they have this love of Allah and his Rasool (saws), the Quran and ahaddith, then everything else becomes easier to deal with.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Dawud_uk
05-14-2006, 08:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Panatella
This is a good question. Is it that they wish to control others? What is it that makes someone so judgemental and preoccupied with what others are doing?

this is a very western concept of religion being a personal affair and nobody elses business.

as muslims we love our siblings in islam and want the best for them, we want them to practice the true religion of God - Islam, as much if not better than ourselves.

so when we see a muslim falling over and in need of help then we help, as best we can because they are our brothers and sisters in islam.

islam is also a whole way of life, it does not limit itself to the personal but also to society as a whole so where something will damage the whole of society we take action to defend it for the greater good of the community.

hope this helps explain matters.

peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence,

Daw'ud

Muhammad
05-14-2006, 08:57 AM

I think it is incorrect to make a general statement such as this, because as we know, there are many people referred to as 'shaykhs' and 'scholars' when in fact they are not, and many people give fataawa when they are not in a position to do so. So to say something about 'the scholars' includes the 'true scholars' and is therefore unfair and wrong. Insha'Allaah, let us be more careful about what we say regarding the people of knowledge.

------
05-14-2006, 09:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum sister,

you must first create respect for the Quran and ahaddith before you use them on people.

say things like... if Allah said this to you would you listen to him?
if they say yes, then point out to them that the Quran is the word of Allah and should be read, recited and respected as such.

obviously if they say no they have fundemental issues it might be best addressing through methods more familiar when giving da'wah to the kuffar as opposed to naseehah to the muslims.

ask them if they love the prophet Muhammad (saws)?
ask them if Allah (swt) tells us to obey him in the Quran then who are we to disobey?

when they have this love of Allah and his Rasool (saws), the Quran and ahaddith, then everything else becomes easier to deal with.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud
Jazakallah akhi

Laaibah
05-14-2006, 09:22 AM

Thats true sis ..... the same happened to me :heated:
You've done your job and inshaAllah you'll be rewarded for that.
Now leave it to the person whom you told .... Make dua'a may Allah guide the person.:)

Nowadays, some Muslims complain that Islam has sooo many restrictions....but my question to them is that "Did Islam change with time?" ..... No, right? .... so it's just that we're just tooo into the worldy stuff so we find our beautiful religion difficult to follow.
Some Mullahs even say that music is allowed so this makes the matter more confused. Even with the reference of Quran & Hadith they disagree and ask WHY is music/pictures not allowed?? ..... They say that everything has a reason so what's the reason for this?? :grumbling

------
05-14-2006, 09:23 AM
so it's just that we're just tooo into the worldy stuff so we find our beautiful religion difficult to follow.
Some Mullahs even say that music is allowed so this makes the matter more confused. Even with the reference of Quran & Hadith they disagree and ask WHY is music/pictures not allowed?? ..... They say that everything has a reason so what's the reason for this??
Yeh sis i totally agree! Jazakallah for the reply :)

------
05-14-2006, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
this is a very western concept of religion being a personal affair and nobody elses business.

as muslims we love our siblings in islam and want the best for them, we want them to practice the true religion of God - Islam, as much if not better than ourselves.

so when we see a muslim falling over and in need of help then we help, as best we can because they are our brothers and sisters in islam.

islam is also a whole way of life, it does not limit itself to the personal but also to society as a whole so where something will damage the whole of society we take action to defend it for the greater good of the community.

hope this helps explain matters.

peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence,

Daw'ud
Exactly. Respect akhi!

A(SMILE ITS ME)
05-14-2006, 09:46 AM
Salaam,
Well U Get It Every Where, Just Preach,allah Will Guide Us.

Ghazi
05-14-2006, 09:56 AM

Here's a simple method I think every muslim should follow practice what you preech or at least have the niya to.

------
05-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Basically not being a hypocrite right?

Hijaabi22
05-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Salaam.

eh?:? :? :? :?

Umar001
05-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Just wondering What evidences did you give from the Qu'ran and Sunnah?

Salam Aleykum

Lateralus63
05-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Im sorry to sound disrespectful sister Aalimah, but someone doesnt follow islam the way you do, so what?

The man in the hadith, who murdered 99 people, he wasnt following Quran and Sunnah, but he still went to Jannah, Allah forgave him.

So i really dont like this arguement, ok, so you dont like it when people take and leave pieces of Islam, but maybe they have their reasons for doing so, and even if it IS wrong, What's to say Allah wont forgive them? We cant say anything to be honest.

AND furthermore, can i just say, if picking and leaving bits of islam is bad for you, then what exactly are you doing in a forum where men and women both freely chat in cyberspace?

firdaw
05-21-2006, 12:35 AM
saalam
may Allah guide her
from doing wrong sins
wasaalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.