/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Palestinians Using Primitive Means to Survive

sonz
05-13-2006, 06:56 PM
KUFR EIN, West Bank, May 13, 2006 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) – Resolved to survive deplorable human conditions and severe financial crunch, Palestinians are resorting to primitive means to make ends meet in view of the aid freeze by the West since the new Hamas-led government came to power.

Suffering a severe food and fuel shortage, many Palestinians have sought to produce basic staples like bread and use wood as a source of energy, Reuters reported Friday, May 13.

"I have to use this primitive method to save money and feed my children," said Hind Ahmad, a Palestinian school principal.

At her home in the village of Kufr Ein, near Ramallah, the 52-year-old woman is using wood to cook and bake bread in a makeshift clay over to feed her children.

She said she was relying on rice she had bought before and vegetables planted in her back yard.

Hind is one of 165,000 Palestinian employee who have been unpaid for two months after the United States and the European Union suspended direct aid to the new Palestinian government.

Israel has further stopped transferring customs duties worth around $50 million a month and previously collected for the Palestinian Authority.

The United Nations has warned that the Palestinians are on the verge of a humanitarian crisis due to severe shortage of food and medicine.

Using Donkeys

Many Palestinians have further given up public transport to save some money.

Hind's male colleagues started using donkeys to get to school.

In hard times, Um Mohammad, another teacher in Kufr Ein and a mother of eight two of whom are university students, is acting with a sense of responsibility.

"I never cooked on wood and I am allergic to smoke but I have to save money in every way possible, no matter how primitive it is. This is my responsibility," she said.

Um Mohammed said she was also thinking of selling her jewellery, although so far her parents and brothers were helping her make do with daily living expenses.

"I only want to see the kids graduate. Nothing more. In the village, we can live on land," she said.

Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza have sought to sell their gold coins and bracelets, which are traditionally a person's last source of wealth in the Arab world, next to land, to try to get together enough money to buy food.

Many fund-raising campaigns have been launched in many Arab and Muslim countries for the Palestinians.

The Arab Doctors Union launched on May 5, in Cairo an ambitious campaign throughout the Arab world to raise one billion euros for the Palestinians.

Arab League Secretary General Amr Moussa told Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday, May 12, the League would not be able to transfer funds directly to the Palestinians.

Several banks have refused to transfer millions of dollars donated by Arabs and Muslims or some governments to the Palestinian Authority fearing American sanctions.

The Arab Bank, which holds some 30,000 accounts of PA workers, refrained from accepting such transfer after the US threatened to deem this as assistance to Hamas.

A report by Israel's Haaretz daily on May 4 said that several initiatives by donor states to get money directly to the Palestinians are being thwarted by the US.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zulkiflim
05-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Salaam,

In distress and under oppresion from the westrn world they palestinian ar resolute to remain PALESTINIAN..resolute to be MUSLIM to follow their Iman in Allah..

As were teh Bosnian adn the darfurians....forever Muslims..Al;hamdulilah..

Now the Palestinians will band together and not break apart and I hope from thre the unity fot he Arabs and the Ummah will grow..

Look at them in their horror called life,<THEIR FAITH REMAIN STRONG..
Alhamdulilah..
Oh Allah i pray i shall ahve such faith too when faced with such odds.

As the Quran say,Allah test the poeple only what they are able to endure and assuredly in such cases muslim have shown we will not recant faith when faced with hunder or death..

For the next life...Allah be glorified..

Khadeejah
05-15-2006, 01:45 AM
That is very sad...... It is unfair for the governments of America and Europe to deny us to give the palestinians money....

The american ad european government are going beyond limits to make sure that the palestinians stay in this perdicument but they fail to realize Allah is great and there is none higher then he....he is our sustainer....and although the Palestinian people are in a time of drought.....Allah swt will not put on them more then they can bare....The A & E government say that hamas are a terrorist group....but they are a part of the light at the end of the tunnel....this is the only hope the palestinians have...and they should at least recognize this... Walhumdulilah Bihamdika....May Allah make the Palestinians day come soon AMeen

SubhanAllah they should at least allow food to be delivered to palestine.....the A & E goverment are true Terrorist....

searchingsoul
05-17-2006, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khadeejah
That is very sad...... It is unfair for the governments of America and Europe to deny us to give the palestinians money....

The american ad european government are going beyond limits to make sure that the palestinians stay in this perdicument but they fail to realize Allah is great and there is none higher then he....he is our sustainer....and although the Palestinian people are in a time of drought.....Allah swt will not put on them more then they can bare....The A & E government say that hamas are a terrorist group....but they are a part of the light at the end of the tunnel....this is the only hope the palestinians have...and they should at least recognize this... Walhumdulilah Bihamdika....May Allah make the Palestinians day come soon AMeen

SubhanAllah they should at least allow food to be delivered to palestine.....the A & E goverment are true Terrorist....
Is the government denying you sending money to a charitable organization benefiting Palestinians? Or are you referring to government aid?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nablus
05-17-2006, 12:18 PM
As were teh Bosnian adn the darfurians....forever Muslims..Al;hamdulilah
As a palestinian iam proud of my sisters and brothers in this forum.

What ever u read or watch from tv this 1/4 from reallity

But I always say Allhamdullah

May Allah fasten us in this holy land

We shall return Acre Jafa and Jerusalem

R_Mujahed
05-17-2006, 01:08 PM
A hungry man is a dangerous man! <--- no need to argue that!... the isrealis know what they are doing and are doing it for a purpose... I think the us did not hear about this!... surely if they did they would have stoped the isrealis recent seige because it is based on oppressing a people that democratically chose their government! Right? Where is the Justice... and they say democracy

Nablus
05-17-2006, 03:00 PM
That is very sad...... It is unfair for the governments of America and Europe to deny us to give the palestinians money
sister iam not blaming America or Europe bcz they put this Cancer i Palstine. Iam blaming my Ummah ,Muslims, That didnt compalin or comment !!!!!!!!!!

IbnAbdulHakim
05-17-2006, 03:28 PM
:sl:

May Allah give them sabr inshaAllah and reward all there efforts!
Ameen

:w:

HeiGou
05-17-2006, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khadeejah
The Governments of America and Europe are not denying anyone giving money to the Palestinians. Some banks have been scared that if they deal with Hamas, the Americans will claim they deal with terrorists. But the US has not said they cannot, nor even tried to stop anyone from doing it. And someone will. This is just excuses for not coming up with the money I think.

Neither the British or the American government is lifting a finger to prevent food being delivered to the OTs. They are simply refusing to give the Palestinian government money.

The bottom line is that the Israeli line - no deals with Hamas - will fail. No one is going to sit by and let the Palestinians starve. Neither the Europeans or the Americans will allow the suffering to go on much longer if Hamas decides to tough it out and not change their policy towards Israel. That is the bottom line. It is just a matter of waiting until the obvious sinks in.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-17-2006, 03:44 PM

:peace:

So your saying america is gnna try invade palestine and turn it into another western land like they did or tried to wiv Iraq?

HeiGou
05-17-2006, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
So your saying america is gnna try invade palestine and turn it into another western land like they did or tried to wiv Iraq?
Is that addressed to me? If so, no. I think the Americans would like Palestine to elect democrats in the Western style, but I don't think there is any stomach for a fight over it. I think the Israelis would like to punish the Palestinians until Hamas is forced to recognise Israel, but I think that the West will cave before Hamas does.

I think nothing much is going to happen on the Palestinian-front until this President is out of office. The fence will be finished soon. Attacks will drop away as they won't be able to cross the border so easily. The next President may take a more pro-Palestinian line, but I doubt it. The Palestinians will probably sit in their camps and behind their fence for another 50 years. A pity.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-17-2006, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Is that addressed to me? If so, no. I think the Americans would like Palestine to elect democrats in the Western style, but I don't think there is any stomach for a fight over it. I think the Israelis would like to punish the Palestinians until Hamas is forced to recognise Israel, but I think that the West will cave before Hamas does.

I think nothing much is going to happen on the Palestinian-front until this President is out of office. The fence will be finished soon. Attacks will drop away as they won't be able to cross the border so easily. The next President may take a more pro-Palestinian line, but I doubt it. The Palestinians will probably sit in their camps and behind their fence for another 50 years. A pity.

Indeed my friend a pity indeed. When will peace reign :(

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-17-2006, 03:58 PM
May Allah reward them for their patience, and give them the iman to pass this test.
:w:

HeiGou
05-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Indeed my friend a pity indeed. When will peace reign
Well it seems that Israel's awful fence has produced quiet if not peace. And soon India will finish its fence in Kashmir. I think that will produce a little more quiet in Kashmir. And Thailand is building one along its border with Malaysia. Peace is out of reach. We cannot even agree on the basics here on LI. It is unlikely to work in the real world.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-17-2006, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Well it seems that Israel's awful fence has produced quiet if not peace. And soon India will finish its fence in Kashmir. I think that will produce a little more quiet in Kashmir. And Thailand is building one along its border with Malaysia. Peace is out of reach. We cannot even agree on the basics here on LI. It is unlikely to work in the real world.

We would have agreed but we're of different beliefs in this forum, if every country/nation had only one belief imagine what the world would have been like :eek:

HeiGou
05-17-2006, 04:07 PM
We would have agreed but we're of different beliefs in this forum, if every country/nation had only one belief imagine what the world would have been like
Like Jesus had come back to smash the crosses, kill the pigs etc etc?

It is sad for the Palestinians, but I think it is only likely to get worse for them. What happens if the US ends fuding for the UN relief effort and closes the refugee camps?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.