/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The fitnah of television

x Maz x
05-13-2006, 07:46 PM
The life of this world is but play and amusement: and if ye believe and guard against Evil, He will grant you your recompense, and will not ask you (to give up) your possessions [Muhammad 47:36]

The television represents one of the biggest forms of corrupting the ummah today. After looking at the moral degradation of the ummah, we need to address a major source of this degradation. The western values and the values of the kuffar are invited daily into Muslim homes. These values (via television) are being invited by us Muslims and not by the kuffar. We have an option of refusing to watch these satanic values. We, as Muslims spend hours watching television and neglect our basic duties to our Creator (S.W.T). We choose to watch television in preference to our obligatory duties like Salaah. We also choose to spend hours watching things that do not benefit us and also makes us unmindful of Allah (S.W.T) and we become reluctant to listen and participate in Islamic activities.

Continued activity of anything makes one accustomed to it and abstinence from certain activities makes one reluctant to action it. In the same context Television has become part of our daily life and slowly Islamic way of life is being neglected and even being ignored. Some Muslims have complained about not having time to perform their salaah on the excuse of not having enough time in their busy schedules, yet they spend an average of at least 21 hours a week in front of the television.

Due to the prolonged exposure of viewing television, the love for things shown on Television enters the heart of a Muslim and the actions and behaviour become the norm. One of the biggest fitnas of television is the way women are paraded and dressed up with the deep-seated sexual messages present in them. The Nabee (S.A.W) has forbidden looking at non Mahram females in a narration as follows:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
I have not seen a thing resembling 'lamam' (minor sins) than what Abu Huraira 'narrated from the Prophet who said, "Allah has written for Adam's son his share of adultery which he commits inevitably. The adultery of the eyes is the sight (to gaze at a forbidden thing), the adultery of the tongue is the talk, and the inner self wishes and desires and the private parts testify all this or deny it." (Bukhari Volume 8, Book 74, Number 260)

Allah (S.W.T) commands us in the Holy Quraan:
Nor come nigh to adultery: for it is an indecent (deed) and an evil way. [Al-Isrá 17 –32]

In this verse Allah (S.W.T) prohibits us from even approaching adultery, thus any action that leads up to a haraam act is also haraam.

The content of television shows is nothing short of destruction for a Muslim’s Imaan (faith). The movies on television contains anti Islaamic values and behaviour that amounts to watching haraam. Although the viewer is not involved in the lewd behaviour, the viewer nevertheless watches the haraam activity.

We could justify these activities all we like but we must remember that we present ourselves to the kuffar and ask them to serve us with their corrupt and godless values. We have now become consumers of corrupt values and a mind that is developing to one that is similar to that of the kuffar. We, as Muslims are people that invite others to the beautiful lifestyle of Islaam and not us being invited to Kufr and Shirk that is presented by television programmes.

The watching of television is used to waste our time in mundane activities. Sport on television will get us addicted for hours to satisfy our appetite for consuming a sporting spectacle. These spectacles and activities are televised to instill a behaviour and character that promotes a lifestyle that is anti Islaamic. The sport personalities have become superstars to us, our children and the whole ummah. These people are now more dearer and beloved to us then Allah and his Messenger (S.A.W.) Our children know more about the sporting personalities, actors and politicians on television than the personalities of Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali (R.A). These so called super stars and heroes display a lifestyle that is displeasing to Allah and the Nabee (S.A.W). How can we as Muslims watch these enemies of Allah (S.W.T).

The Television is also a major inviter of MUSIC into our homes. The musicians with their satanic rituals give a visible expression of their satanic agendas.

The most dangerous instrument that is being used today to prepare mankind for the coming of Dajjal, is the television. The television networks announce their viewer ship for all major events to be in the billions, which indicates the ability to influence so many people all at once. This shows the ability of disseminating information (true or false) to billions of people. We cannot allow ourselves as Muslims to be influenced or corrupted by television if we wish to be able recognize the fitna and fasaad of the Dajjal.

What should we, as Muslims, be doing?

We should be spending our precious time in an environment that promotes the consciousness of Allah (S.W.T) and fulfilling our object of our existence on earth. As Allah mentions in Quraan:

I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me. [adh-Dhariyat 51:56]
We should abstain from leading a lifestyle that promotes all sorts of corruption including the corruption of the Deen-ul-Islam. If we wish to be able to recognise the fitnah of the liar, Ad-Dajjal then we should refrain from the activities and pastimes of his followers.

Only true believers will be able to recognize the fraud and deceit of the Dajjal. So we should strengthen our imaan and also be vigilant of the plots of Shaitaan, who wishes to distract us from the remembrance of Allah.

There are many methods and schemes employed by Shaitaan to distract Muslims, to lead us astray. Initially it is to distract us and thereafter to lead us to commit shirk and kufr. The Quraan exhorts us with the following:
"Lead to destruction those whom thou canst among them, with thy (seductive) voice; make assaults on them with thy cavalry and thy infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them." But Satan promises them nothing but deceit. [bani Isra'il 17:64]

"As for My servants, no authority shalt thou have over them:" Enough is thy Lord for a Disposer of affairs. [bani Isra'il 17:65]

Allah (S.W.T) describes this world in the Quraan as follows:
What is the life of this world but play and amusement? But best is the home in the hereafter, for those who are righteous. Will ye not then understand? [al-An`am 6:32.11]

Allah (S.W.T) warns us of being heedless of our religion Islaam, and being deceived by this world as follows:
Leave alone those who take their religion to be mere play and amusement, and are deceived by the life of this world. But proclaim (to them) this (truth): that every soul delivers itself to ruin by its own acts: it will find for itself no protector or intercessor except God: if it offered every ransom, (or reparation), none will be accepted: such is (the end of) those who deliver themselves to ruin by their own acts: they will have for drink (only) boiling water, and for punishment, one most grievous: for they persisted in rejecting God. [al-An`am 6:70.13]

Let us not be of those who Allah (S.W.T) has blessed with five senses (i.e. sight, hearing, speech, touch and smell) for the disobedience of Allah. We should be using these blessed senses in the pleasure of our Creator (S.W.T). It would certainly be a sign of ingratitude if we were to use our senses, time and our wealth in the disobedience of Allah (S.W.T). In this regard Allah (S.W.T) mentions in the Holy Quraan:
Verily the ear, the eye and the heart – with regard to each of these it will be questioned. [Al-Isrá 17 –36]

It is clear that that this verse indicates towards the great responsibility attached to the correct usage of the senses.

Muslims are urged to change our ways and to make sincere taubah (repentance) for our past sins.

Allah has granted us choices of good and evil in this world, let us use it for the good. We should try and refrain from entertaining ourselves with television and enjoy the HALAAL activities that is pleasing to our Creator (S.W.T).

May Allah Guide us, and Forgive us all. Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-13-2006, 08:21 PM
salam.
woow ta sis for the info got to print this out :)
w.salam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-13-2006, 08:23 PM

:sl:

Alhamdullilah i stopped watching this box full of deviation, haram and fitnah and pray all my muslims are givn the same hidayat inshaALlah AMEEN!

:w:

Ghazi
05-13-2006, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

Alhamdullilah i stopped watching this box full of deviation, haram and fitnah and pray all my muslims are givn the same hidayat inshaALlah AMEEN!

Salaam

How did you do that bro, I'm addicted to it bro.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
05-13-2006, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

How did you do that bro, I'm addicted to it bro.

I cant stand the sight of naked men and women which is on half the time, the messages the programs send sickens me to the core and also i found LI, :p

x Maz x
05-13-2006, 08:53 PM
^ MashAllah! WalaykumAsalaam x

chacha_jalebi
05-13-2006, 08:54 PM
tru say majid bro lol

but can i ask is tv haraam FULL STOP, or does it depend on wot u watch? :)

x Maz x
05-13-2006, 09:01 PM
What you watch i guess, i mean Alhamdilullah ders IC >> erm minus the music laugh out loud, but its a good thing it came into being :) Peace! x

chacha_jalebi
05-13-2006, 09:02 PM
:) n cricket!! mmm lol i lik deal or no deal aswell & simpsons :-[

x Maz x
05-13-2006, 09:06 PM
^ My uncle watches that, man i find it soooo boring, thats Deal or No deal laugh out loud!...Simpsons man i used to watch that, and cricket yes as a past time when Pakis playin and footy Alhamidullulah used to watch soaps and everything now stopped WalaykumAsalaam x

chacha_jalebi
05-13-2006, 09:12 PM
ive neva watched soaps dey borin lol,
neway sis heavy post :)

may Allah (swt) jus guide us on 2 d siratul mustaqeem!! :)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-13-2006, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
tru say majid bro lol

but can i ask is tv haraam FULL STOP, or does it depend on wot u watch? :)

Plz say Abd'Majid inshaAllah, majid = Allahs name therefore i am a humble slave of ALlah :)
Akhee refer to zAks thread:
it explains that you shouldnt watch/listen to anything haram soo.. lol you have to figure out whats halal and haram and in my opinion its hardly ever halal :p

x Maz x
05-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Ameen, wow humble akhi MashAllah WalaykumAsalaam x

chacha_jalebi
05-13-2006, 09:21 PM
adb majid bro may Allah (swt) bless ya :) & in d hereafta except u as his slave!!! :)

czgibson
05-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
The western values and the values of the kuffar are invited daily into Muslim homes. These values (via television) are being invited by us Muslims and not by the kuffar. We have an option of refusing to watch these satanic values.
Are all of the kuffar Satanists?

We could justify these activities all we like but we must remember that we present ourselves to the kuffar and ask them to serve us with their corrupt and godless values.
Why do Muslims do this if it is so contrary to Islamic values? Why not just choose not to watch kuffar television if it is offensive to you?

The watching of television is used to waste our time in mundane activities. Sport on television will get us addicted for hours to satisfy our appetite for consuming a sporting spectacle. These spectacles and activities are televised to instill a behaviour and character that promotes a lifestyle that is anti Islaamic.
Can you run that one by me again? How does watching sport instil anti-Islamic values?

Also, where does the idea come from that sport is specifically broadcast to antagonise Muslims? Isn't that a bit paranoid?

Our children know more about the sporting personalities, actors and politicians on television than the personalities of Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali (R.A).
I find the idea that children know anything about politicians hilarious, I have to say.

The Television is also a major inviter of MUSIC into our homes. The musicians with their satanic rituals give a visible expression of their satanic agendas.
This is even funnier. True, there are some musicians who are Satanists (heavy metal bands such as Deicide, the Beasts of Satan etc.), but there are millions who aren't!

Can you name one violinist who you know has a satanic agenda?!

What should we, as Muslims, be doing?
How about creating programmes for broadcast that promote Islamic values and watching those instead?

Just a suggestion.

Peace

chacha_jalebi
05-13-2006, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

How about creating programmes for broadcast that promote Islamic values and watching those instead?

Just a suggestion.

Peace
bro u start d programme yaself & il b ur co host :p

czgibson
05-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Greetings,
bro u start d programme yaself & il b ur co host :p
That's a nice offer, but, being an atheist, I think I'd feel a bit out of place.

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
05-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Greetings,

That's a nice offer, but, being an atheist, I think I'd feel a bit out of place.

Peace

Actually that wud put a nice twist on it, will intrigue me :p

SirZubair
05-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Had a discussion with a sister about this topic on another forum.

She said :

format_quote Originally Posted by Astral,Apr 24 2006, 01:55 PM
ok

how can you say TV is crap..

and then watch DVDs

and go to the cinema? Aren't they literally the same thing?

[snapback]343005[/snapback]

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair,Apr 24 2006, 04:04 PM
Its pretty simple sis...

...people dont watch DVD's from morning - night (it costs alot of $),people dont go to the movies 24/7,'cos that costs alot of $ too.

But when people start watching TV,they dont want to move away from it.Heck,if some of my nephews would move away from the t.v and come online,i would get them to testify..

..seriously,tv is bad.

I used to be a tv addict back in the days,didnt miss a single show,used to watch t.v as i ate,watched tv trying to fall asleep,while i excercised..etc.

These days,i watch 1-2 hours of TV a week,IF that.

I watch proberly,..2 dvds a week.Sometimes 3.

And go to the cinema once or twice (Maximum) a month. (if a decent movie is playing,otherwise i dont go to the cinema at all)

With Movies,...when its over,its over.Over and done with.Finished.Kapish?

With TV Shows,once you're hooked onto a show,you start to watch it religiously.Back in my younger days (lol,i feel so old :P ) when i used to watch dawsons creek ( :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ),my mum used to shout out to me "Its time for salaat!Go to the masjid with your dad!" and i used to make excuses such as "im tired" "my feet hurt" "im sick" "my stomach hurts" "its too cold outside" "its too hot outside" "people stomp on my foot during prayers!" "the imam recites too loud!" just so i can stay home and watch the show.And half the time,i used to get so stuck into the show,i would forget about Salaat Completly! So yeah,..i view tv as a very bad thing.It is addictive,it makes you forget about reality,and makes a person heedless.

I feel sorry for my nephews who sit infront of the tv all day and night,one of them eats,sleeps infront of the tv.refuses to sleep in his bed ! If he could,he would fix a toilet right next to the tv ! :o

Ofcourse there is the arguement "It can be used for good purposes!" but the question at the end of the day is "How often is it used for good purposes?"

Thats my opinion anyway.

Kheir,...wha'eva. :)

wa'salaam.
[snapback]343085[/snapback]

To which she replied :

format_quote Originally Posted by Astral,Apr 24 2006, 04:24 PM

As for Zubair's comments...

All those people who say they dont watch TV, would spend their time doing other things -- such as using the internet. Sure we may not be watching TV but we are all wasting time on the net... unless we are discussing something really important on the forums then MV is also a waste of time.
Your little cousins sitting in front of the TV is as bad as them being on the internet all day...
[snapback]343094[/snapback]

tO WHich i replied :

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair,Apr 24 2006, 04:30 PM
I've shared my point of view on tv.

Feed your mind whatever you like Sister Astral.I would rather come online and learn things which might help me in life.I dont see anything on t.v that might help me in life.

I come online to learn about Islam,Here in NZ,we arent as lucky as you lot in Australia,our islamic sources are very limited.SO yes,i have a good reason to come online.If i was living in a country such as australia,you would see me on the forums as often as londeners see the sun... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as forums go,yes i spend my time playing the idiot,but at the same time,i try to obtain as much knowledge as i can.What can an adult learn from watching tv?

As far as watching the news goes,i say Watch the news if you are going to do something about the situation the world is in,watching the 6 o'clock news 'just to keep yourself updated' is quite lame in my opinion.

What is the point?the world will remain the same.. :innocent:

Its like,..a neighbour going around asking people what the latest gossip is,..she wont go and try to help the people whom she is spreading the gossip about,she likes to gossip and spread the gossip jus' so that everyone in the locality is updated with the latest..

And we are far too old to be watching "Blues Clues" and "Hi5",...Oh wait,we can watch BB,we can learn things such as...um..let me think...//there is the Bum Dance,that will take me places....

Finally,i do some-what agree with you about the Internet. That is one of the reasons i've cut down the amount of hours i spend online. (No,i dont Not come on MV during workhours because i've been banned from MV On my work Computer,i dont go online at all until i come Home these days,some months ago i used to log onto the Internet from the minute i got to work,and used to log off 9 hours later,then come home and log on again.)

Keep well sis astral.

Wa'salaam.
[snapback]343097[/snapback]
And that was the end of that :)

(i cant be bothered typing too much today,so im going to do alot of copy/paste jobs :okay: )

chacha_jalebi
05-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Greetings,

Peace
cum on lol im not racist, we can hav a nice talkshow & il even giv u a signed mug lol :) , naa back 2 d topic i dnt think telly is bad jus it depends on wot u watch & Allah (swt) knows ur niyyah innit!! :)

Al-Mu'min
05-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Peace.

It depends on what you watch. There are a lot of educational islamic programs out there now. Watching news to be informed is also good. Watching cartoons is good way for kids to cool down from running around and driving us crazy (although I must admit I'm a fan of the Simpsons Futurama, and Family Guy myself).

The sister however, was referring to was uncontrolled T.V which is not good for both Non Muslims and Muslims aswell. Watching half nude people leads to bigger stuff aswell.

Peace out.

czgibson
05-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Greetings,
cum on lol im not racist, we can hav a nice talkshow & il even giv u a signed mug lol :) , naa back 2 d topic i dnt think telly is bad jus it depends on wot u watch & Allah (swt) knows ur niyyah innit!! :)
I think you'd definitely have to be the main host. I'd be happy to be a guest on your show, though, and the signed mug would be an extra bonus!

Peace

x Maz x
05-15-2006, 05:23 PM
No ofcourse not, but the values shown when watching such dirty scenes are that of Satan, we believe Satan misguides us as he vowed to do when he was banished from the heavens, therfore his vaules are those which are portrayed when watching such programs...
Why do Muslims do this if it is so contrary to Islamic values? Why not just choose not to watch kuffar television if it is offensive to you?
This article is addressing the situation, and InshAllah us Muslims will take heed and refrain from watching such things :)
Can you run that one by me again? How does watching sport instil anti-Islamic values?
Also, where does the idea come from that sport is specifically broadcast to antagonise Muslims? Isn't that a bit paranoid?

Erm run that by you one more time, re-read the text as presented above InshAllah [God-willing]
Erm maybe paranoia, Allah knows best, but wasting time on such things without the rememberance of Allah hardens the heart and the ones with the hardest heart are the furthest from thy Lord...
I find the idea that children know anything about politicians hilarious, I have to say.
Stop laughing!...this is not a laughing matter hehe, nah really, all depends on your interests i guess, one may be mature at the age of 10 the other in comparison still loves batman *eyes rolly*
I have no interest in listening to music therfore i do not know of this, however music in itself is prohobited and bringing it to children is not seen as something very welcoming...

Just a suggestion.
...Alhamdiullah there are dearest brother in humanity, Islam channel for instance :)...there are a few bad issues which have been raised but InshAllah them people take heed and polish up :) Peace! x

Inshallah
05-15-2006, 07:37 PM
It really depends on what your watching, if your wathing things you shouldn't be than it's haram. I watch the news network, weather network, sports channel and sometimes the animal network. I find that the news and weather channel is very important you have to know whats going on in the world a long with your local weather.

Hawa
05-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Greetings,

forget political correctness ..all those who deviate from the right path are in one form or another following the path of satan..go figure..

thats exactly what he/she is trying to say..

it doesnt..it wastes time that would've been otherwise well spent devoting one self to the Almighty.. such neglect leads to... (read the original thread)

on the contrary.. they wont grow up as ignorant as our generation..heck they might prevent future blunders such as the Bush's in the white house (capital of the world)

This is even funnier. True, there are some musicians who are Satanists (heavy metal bands such as Deicide, the Beasts of Satan etc.), but there are millions who aren't!
and those millions who arent..what kind of messages do they pass on to their listeners? thought so..

I can name three (ok so I dont know any violinists..but for arguments sake allow me these three, I know im not off the mark)

good idea.. we already have those..
might wanna look up a few things before you type..
Just a suggestion.

sorry im bored..

czgibson
05-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Greetings Hawa,
format_quote Originally Posted by Hawa
forget political correctness ..all those who deviate from the right path are in one form or another following the path of satan..go figure..
That's your belief, of course. Many people - perhaps most - don't even believe Satan exists.

thats exactly what he/she is trying to say..
So why does this problem exist then?

it doesnt..it wastes time that would've been otherwise well spent devoting one self to the Almighty.. such neglect leads to... (read the original thread)
Always?

If what you say is true, then there's hardly anything outside of the Qur'an, Sunnah and Five Pillars that isn't anti-Islamic.

on the contrary.. they wont grow up as ignorant as our generation..heck they might prevent future blunders such as the Bush's in the white house (capital of the world)
That would be pleasant, wouldn't it. :)

and those millions who arent..what kind of messages do they pass on to their listeners? thought so..
All sorts of messages. True, there are lots of songs about sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll, but there are many songs that protest against those things. There are religious songs praising god, and there are heavy metal songs praising Satan. Then there's music that expresses something that cannot be expressed in words: classical, jazz and other instrumental music. The point is this: to assume that you know what messages have been sent out by every musician who's ever lived and that those messages are necessarily all bad is a move of breathtaking arrogance.

I can name three (ok so I dont know any violinists..but for arguments sake allow me these three, I know im not off the mark)
What do you know? What makes you think that violinists are evil?

good idea.. we already have those..
might wanna look up a few things before you type..
Just a suggestion.
I know. So why don't Muslims watch those instead of moaning about the culture of others, which, for some reason, they can't seem to help themselves from watching?

sorry im bored..
What quality of argument do you produce when you're paying attention?!

Peace

Trumble
05-15-2006, 08:43 PM

There's at least one "Islamic" channel available on satellite and cable in the UK, so I don't see how television in itself could be haraam. Televised soccer is very popular in most Islamic countries, and cricket in the countries where it is played, so that would seem OK, too.

Other than that, its just a case of choosing what you watch, I guess. Somebody was talking about naked men and women.. I wouldn't have thought it was THAT difficult to avoid them. The History Channel? Discovery? Disney? National Geographic? And so on. As to music, watch Kerrang and you may well see something you don't like; watch Classic FM TV and you are probably pretty safe from anything "satanic".

Hawa
05-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Greetings Hawa,

All sorts of messages. True, there are lots of songs about sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll, but there are many songs that protest against those things. There are religious songs praising god, and there are heavy metal songs praising Satan. Then there's music that expresses something that cannot be expressed in words: classical, jazz and other instrumental music. The point is this: to assume that you know what messages have been sent out by every musician who's ever lived and that those messages are necessarily all bad is a move of breathtaking arrogance.
your not helping yourself here pal..

What do you know? What makes you think that violinists are evil?
call it womens intuition..

I know. So why don't Muslims watch those instead of moaning about the culture of others, which, for some reason, they can't seem to help themselves from watching?
dear, he isnt moaning he is merely giving advice ...take it or leave it

What quality of argument do you produce when you're paying attention?!

I dont argue when im otherwise occupied.. once again go figure..:happy:

czgibson
05-15-2006, 09:08 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Hawa
your not helping yourself here pal..
Why not respond to the whole message, instead of the part that was put there specifically just to grab you?

dear, he isnt moaning he is merely giving advice ...take it or leave it
Some Muslims spend a lot of time decrying kuffar culture, yet at the same time it seems they can't get enough of it...

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
05-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Greetings,
Some Muslims spend a lot of time decrying kuffar culture, yet at the same time it seems they can't get enough of it...
Peace

:peace:

Im sry, what is it we cant get enough of :?

czgibson
05-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Greetings Abd'Majid,
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

Im sry, what is it we cant get enough of :?
I quote from post #1 of this thread:

The western values and the values of the kuffar are invited daily into Muslim homes. These values (via television) are being invited by us Muslims and not by the kuffar. We have an option of refusing to watch these satanic values. We, as Muslims spend hours watching television and neglect our basic duties to our Creator (S.W.T). We choose to watch television in preference to our obligatory duties like Salaah. We also choose to spend hours watching things that do not benefit us and also makes us unmindful of Allah (S.W.T) and we become reluctant to listen and participate in Islamic activities.
Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
05-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Greetings Abd'Majid,

I quote from post #1 of this thread:

Peace

I see, its sad that many muslims waste there lives on such meaningless things, Alhamdulilah however me and my family do not :p, we strictly avoid such things!

Hawa
05-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Greetings,

Why not respond to the whole message, instead of the part that was put there specifically just to grab you?
lol can you tell I didnt read the whole thing..

Peace
your speculating..
in any case whether we cant get enough of it or not isnt of any concern to you.. this bro/sis has given us advice that is useful not only to muslims but to argumentative atheists too..
so once again take it or leave it..its up to you..
now i'll stop 'arguing' or whatever it is we're doing (seems to me we're agreeing on more than one thing, so lets be smart about it and quit while we're ahead)

x Maz x
05-16-2006, 02:14 PM
MashAllah, this article was to guide Muslims and to acknowledge the fact that there is a wrong when watching Tv, it was merley addressing the issue and InshAllah, with the mercy of Allah we take heed Ameen and WalaykumAsalaam x

IceQueen~
05-16-2006, 02:20 PM
alhamdu lillah mum and dad got rid of the box!

mizan_aliashraf
05-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Salam
I have a TV, I have a TV tuner on my PC but i don't realy watch a lot. Have better things to waste my time on
Wassalam

05-16-2006, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marge1
alhamdu lillah mum and dad got rid of the box!
Yeah - it's benefits are way less than all the negative sides of it that it isn't worth watching. Plus u just get brainwashed by the media and don't have an open mind anymore if u watch T.V.

Muezzin
05-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Where are the articles about the fitnah of the Internet, I wonder. ;)

x Maz x
05-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Yes but coming on this site Alhamdilullah speaks for itself :)...better sitting around in chatrooms and Msn eh? WalaykumAsalaam x

mizan_aliashraf
05-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Salam
If you look around i'm sure you'll find them
Wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.