/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Excellence of Salah

chacha_jalebi
05-13-2006, 09:18 PM
salaam

heres Quran verses & hadiths on d excellence of salah

"Verily, As-Salat (the prayer) prevents from Al-Fahsha' (i.e., great sins of every kind, unlawful sexual intercourse) and Al-Munkar (i.e., disbelief, polytheism, and every kind of evil, wicked deed).'' (29:45)

Abu Hurairahu (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Say, if there were a river at the door of one of you in which he takes a bath five times a day, would any soiling remain on him?'' They replied, "No soiling would left on him.'' He (PBUH) said, '' That is the five (obligatory) Salat (prayers). Allah obliterates all sins as a result of performing them.''[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Jabiru (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The similitude of the five (obligatory) Salat is like a river running at the door of one of you in which he takes a bath five times a day.''
[Muslim].

Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A man kissed a woman. So he came to the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and informed him about it. Then Allah revealed this Ayah: "And perform the Salat, between the two ends of the day and in some hours of the night. Verily, the good deeds efface the evil deeds (i.e., minor sins).'' (11:114) The man asked the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) whether this applies to him only. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "It applies to all of my Ummah.''[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The five (daily) Salat (prayers) and the Friday (prayer) to the Friday (prayer) expiate whatever (minor sins) may be committed in between, so long as major sins are avoided.''
[Muslim].

Uthman bin `Affan (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "When the time for a prescribed Salat is due and a Muslim performs its Wudu' and its acts of bowing and prostration properly, this Salat will be an expiation for his past sins, so long as he does not commit major sins, and this applies for ever.''
[Muslim].

as u can c i know how 2 use colours wen postin now lol, but may Allah (swt) make us all muslims iqamat as salaat ameen!!! :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
x Maz x
05-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Ameen, Heavy post MashAllah and JazakAllah Khair WalaykumAsalaam x

*noor
05-13-2006, 09:27 PM
nice post. we can all benefit from this.
Jazaka Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.