/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What Islam says bout Backbitin!!!!!!

chacha_jalebi
05-13-2006, 10:02 PM
salaam :)

backbitin is fort 2 b propa normal nowadays, lik we r goin bout as innocent penguins in our normal lives & we hear ppl say "u no dat person ...." or we ourselfs say "u no wot he dun" or "u no wot she been upto" bla bla

n d sad tin is dat ppl actually fink dey r dooin sumfin gud :rant: , dey say "im jus lookin out 4 u & lettin u no d truth" WELL if u really wannid 2 look out y dnt u tell us how we can save ourselfs from d hell fire :okay: !! ya get moi lol

Allah says in d Quran bout backbitin .....

"And backbite not one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful.'' (49:12)

"And follow not (O man, i.e., say not or do not or witness not) that of which you have no knowledge. Verily, the hearing, and the sight, and the heart, of each of those ones will be questioned (by Allah).'' (17:36)

"Not a word does he (or she) utter, but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it).'' (50:18)

and in hadiths it says :)

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day must either speak good or remain silent.''
[Muslim]

Sahl bin Sa`d (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Whosoever gives me a guarantee to safeguard what is between his jaws and what is between his legs, I shall guarantee him Jannah.''
[Al-Bukhari]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Prophet (PBUH) saying, "A person utters a word thoughtlessly (i.e., without thinking about its being good or not) and, as a result of this, he will fall down into the fire of Hell deeper than the distance between the east and the west.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "A man utters a word pleasing to Allah without considering it of any significance for which Allah exalts his ranks (in Jannah); another one speaks a word displeasing to Allah without considering it of any importance, and for this reason he will sink down into Hell.''[Al-Bukhari].

Sufyan bin `Abdullah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked: O Messenger of Allah! Tell me, of something to which I may remain steadfast.''He (PBUH) said, "Say: My Rubb is Allah and then remain steadfast.'' Then I said: "O Messenger of Allah! What do you fear most about me?'' He took hold of his own tongue and said: "This.''
[At-Tirmidhi].

Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Do not indulge in excessive talk except when remembering Allah. Excessive talking without the Remembrance of Allah hardens the heart; and those who are the farthest from Allah are those whose hearts are hard.''
[At-Tirmidhi]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He whom Allah saves from the evil of that which is between his jaws and the evil of that which is between his legs will enter Jannah.''[At-Tirmidhi].

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "When the son of Adam gets up in the morning, all the limbs humble themselves before the tongue and say: `Fear Allah for our sake because we are with you: (i.e., we will be rewarded or punished as a result of what you do) if you are straight, we will be straight; and if you are crooked, we will become crooked.'''[At-Tirmidhi].

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Do you know what is backbiting?'' The Companions said: "Allah and His Messenger know better.'' Thereupon he said, "Backbiting is talking about your (Muslim) brother in a manner which he dislikes.'' It was said to him: "What if my (Muslim) brother is as I say.'' He said, "If he is actually as you say, then that is backbiting; but if that is not in him, that is slandering.''[Muslim].

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "During the Mi`raj (the Night of Ascension), I saw a group of people who were scratching their chests and faces with their copper nails. I asked, `Who are these people, O Jibril?' Jibril replied: `These are the people who ate flesh of others (by backbiting) and trampled people's honour.'''[Abu Dawud].

also our 1st butifull khilafah e rashideen Hadhrat Abu Bakr (ra) used 2 pull @ his toungue & say "u r d 1 dat is gona cause me most harm & benefit me d most in d hereafter"

so we sud watch we say & try our best not 2 backbite & jus say everytin openly lol :) it easier n betta, May Allah (swt) guide us all ameen!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdullah4ever
05-14-2006, 05:19 PM
:sl:

Good post masha'allah :happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.