/* */

PDA

View Full Version : English Lit synoptic paper!!!

Sister_6038
05-14-2006, 08:50 PM
:sl:

was just wondering if anyone here has done the eng lit synoptic paper or is going to sit it...and erm perhaps how they revised for it....??? i dont have a clue and am as stressed as a monkey!! just anything basically

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
seeker_of_ilm
05-14-2006, 08:53 PM

I'm not doing the paper...and I don't know if this helps...but you could read this thread inshallah:

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=225637

Sunflower
05-14-2006, 08:55 PM
yea im gonna b doing the english lit synoptic paper.AAAAAHHHH!!! r u din da AQA paper??

well my teacher told me u cant really revise for it coz u odnt no what is gonna come up coz u get 1 pre-release den anothe rin da exm rite?? so wot my teacher done is give us a pre relase den a week later make us sit da whole 3 hour thing coz dats da best way..familarise urself with the paper!
the synoptic paper is mainly to see how much uve learntthrough the past 2 years so dont stress if uve worked and inshallah well all b fine!!

chacha_jalebi
05-14-2006, 08:56 PM
wen i did me a levels & gcse, i neva revised for english :p

cos i duno how can u revise 4 english, it depends if u can take ur book in wit ya den jus jam in everytin in 2 d novel n use dat :shade:

hope ya Allah (swt) gets u a A* 4 d exam!!! ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sunflower
05-14-2006, 08:59 PM
inshallah we get da best grades possible but i doubt ny1 is gonna get a A* in Alevels coz its impossible rite? the highest is an A i fynk

Sister_6038
05-14-2006, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah 4eva
yea im gonna b doing the english lit synoptic paper.AAAAAHHHH!!! r u din da AQA paper??

well my teacher told me u cant really revise for it coz u odnt no what is gonna come up coz u get 1 pre-release den anothe rin da exm rite?? so wot my teacher done is give us a pre relase den a week later make us sit da whole 3 hour thing coz dats da best way..familarise urself with the paper!
the synoptic paper is mainly to see how much uve learntthrough the past 2 years so dont stress if uve worked and inshallah well all b fine!!

i think i am sis...wallahi im not sure...man im dazed its like grrr...im just gonna have to go into journalist mode i guess...its so stupid i hate my teachers teaching hes so lazy grrr....

Sunflower
05-14-2006, 09:01 PM
u no wot go to the AQA website get the pre relase ur self go over it for about a week den afta dat print da rest off an answa da questions.when ive done dat take it 2 ur teacher n ask dem to mark it 4 u.... deyll b shocked n if dey say they donthve time den ask if theyll just go through it wiv u if u..im sure dey will
der aint a way of revising for synoptic really its just bout how good of a writer u r...or so im told..

Sister_6038
05-14-2006, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

I'm not doing the paper...and I don't know if this helps...but you could read this thread inshallah:

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=225637
jazakhallah bro seriously that was helpful in that i didnt realise we got it straight after the module 5 exam...ive lost my play too...its going wrong but hey no point in stressing cos Allah does everything for a reason...just gonna make someone proud i hope!! inshaAllah

Sister_6038
05-14-2006, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah 4eva
u no wot go to the AQA website get the pre relase ur self go over it for about a week den afta dat print da rest off an answa da questions.when ive done dat take it 2 ur teacher n ask dem to mark it 4 u.... deyll b shocked n if dey say they donthve time den ask if theyll just go through it wiv u if u..im sure dey will
der aint a way of revising for synoptic really its just bout how good of a writer u r...or so im told..
i cant my teachers a lazy old sod i swear...its cool...im gonna do its my whole survivor of a civil war rountine it worked last year and in high school muhaha!! seriously i just bring in my whole life story not really but i just try and explain to the examiner how the story writing or whatever relates to me and what kind of appeal it has to me...inshaAllah!!

Sister_6038
05-14-2006, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
wen i did me a levels & gcse, i neva revised for english :p

cos i duno how can u revise 4 english, it depends if u can take ur book in wit ya den jus jam in everytin in 2 d novel n use dat :shade:

hope ya Allah (swt) gets u a A* 4 d exam!!! ameen
jazakhallah khair bro

chacha_jalebi
05-14-2006, 09:06 PM
which 1 is sypnotics? wen u can take ur book in or wen u cnt? is it poetry or non poetry!!!

Sister_6038
05-14-2006, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
which 1 is sypnotics? wen u can take ur book in or wen u cnt? is it poetry or non poetry!!!
synoptic is the killer one its three hours long and its not the poetry one its unseen and allahu 3alam whats gonna come up on it...its gonna be like compare and contrast...i have to learn like thirty emily ****o poems ya Allah!! and its like bleurgh!! and we did the worst play ever...Edward the second by Marlowe...dont read it...its disturbing....i have like classics in the morning and thats a hour and half and three hours of eng lit in afternoon....whoooa inshaAllah it should be ok...at the end of the days theres much worser things to life than exams!!!

chacha_jalebi
05-14-2006, 09:14 PM
ohhh isnt it based upon a novel u read innit?, i did d glass menagerie lol i didnt even read dat book :p, i think u jus sud learn d key themes or bout d characters dats d type of Qs dey usually ask, n Allah (swt) knows best!!

gud luck sis :)

Sister_6038
05-14-2006, 09:16 PM
lolol not reading the book is not a good idea...lololol...erm yeah im just gonna have to blag like ive never blag before...nah im joking im gonna do some revision inshaAllah of course!! but Allah knows best at the end of the day!!

chacha_jalebi
05-14-2006, 09:23 PM
:) :) from wot me remems ders a choice of Questions, jus try 2 learn d basics of d themes plots chracters & wot d characta represents & wot a certain chapter or certain part represents u no wot i mean :p

n in d exam write woteva u can remem on d exam paper cos dat will help u!! n u wil c all d stuf u revise will inshallah cum bk 2 ya :)

best of luck!! b4 u start d exam say bismillah, n i used 2 say "la huwa quwwata ila billa, la huwal alee hul adheem" n write Allah (swt) on my 4head wit finger :)

Hijaabi22
05-14-2006, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
synoptic is the killer one its three hours long and its not the poetry one its unseen and allahu 3alam whats gonna come up on it...its gonna be like compare and contrast...i have to learn like thirty emily ****o poems ya Allah!! and its like bleurgh!! and we did the worst play ever...Edward the second by Marlowe...dont read it...its disturbing....i have like classics in the morning and thats a hour and half and three hours of eng lit in afternoon....whoooa inshaAllah it should be ok...at the end of the days theres much worser things to life than exams!!!
OMG I REEBER DAT 1 WAS A KILLLERRRRRRRRRR BUT I GTA A 4 IT WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ULL BE FYYYYYYYYYN

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.