/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ‘Da Vinci Code’ movie sparks controversy among Muslims

sonz
05-15-2006, 08:24 AM
A Calgary Muslim leader calls for a boycott of ‘Da Vinci Code’ movie, based on Dan Brown’s novel and expected to be released next week.

Sayed Soharwardy, president of the Islamic Supreme Council of Canada, who filed a Human Rights complaint against the Western Standard for reprinting the once published by Danish paper, cartoons ridiculing Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), published last month the first issue of the Muslim Free Press in the aftermath of the “Cartoon Affair” in an attempt to explain to non-Muslims how to respect and understand Muslim values.

Based on the controversial novel, "The Da Vinci Code" is generating lots of heat.

The movie would anger the Muslim world as it questions one of Islam’s most important prophets, Jesus Christ, Mr. Soharwardy told the Calgary Sun today.

“He’s part of my faith”, Soharwardy said “and deserves to be treated with honour and respect”.

The Da Vinci Code, dubbed as the most anticipated movie of the season, argues that the Catholic Church hid throughout history that Jesus had a child with Mary Magdalene and the ancient bloodline still exists.

It refers to Jesus’ “true” legacy as a fertility pagan cult.

A “few secular fanatics cannot undermine the high honours of Jesus Christ”, Soharwardy said in a press statement released last week, adding “it is time for Muslims to standby with Christian friends and express solidarity with Prophet Jesus Christ”.

Such movies “should not have been produced”, he said, adding that “if we don’t stand up to these movies, they’ll become more frequent”.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
05-15-2006, 06:21 PM

The Da Vinci Code, dubbed as the most anticipated movie of the season, argues that the Catholic Church hid throughout history that Jesus had a child with Mary Magdalene and the ancient bloodline still exists.
It doesn't "argue" it at all. The book and movie are works of fiction, and uses that as a plot element, no more.

A “few secular fanatics cannot undermine the high honours of Jesus Christ”, Soharwardy said in a press statement released last week, adding “it is time for Muslims to standby with Christian friends and express solidarity with Prophet Jesus Christ”.
I'm afraid it has very little to do with "secular fanatics" and far more to do with the fact the book made a truly vast amount of money, and it is expected the film will make a lot more.

Such movies “should not have been produced”, he said, adding that “if we don’t stand up to these movies, they’ll become more frequent”.
The trouble with doing that, whether right or wrong, is that it is always counter-productive. If somebody kicks up a fuss, audience figures go through the roof just because people want to see what the fuss is all about. 'Da Vinci' will do very well anyway, but controversy pushed audiences of movies like 'The Last Temptation of Christ' and 'The Life of Brian' far higher than they would have been if everybody just kept quiet instead.

root
05-15-2006, 07:28 PM
This is Bonce. We don't sit the Kids down here in Scotland and show them the film "Braveheart" as representative of Scottish history. I doubt the De-Vinci code will be used as factual in religous education.

The radicals need to lighten up a little. It's a hollywood MOVIE, not a representation of the truth.....

bint_muhammed
05-15-2006, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
This is Bonce. We don't sit the Kids down here in Scotland and show them the film "Braveheart" as representative of Scottish history. I doubt the De-Vinci code will be used as factual in religous education.

The radicals need to lighten up a little. It's a hollywood MOVIE, not a representation of the truth.....
it doesnt bloody matter if its a holywood movie ot doesnt give them a right to mock or discriminate religions. i think its good people kick up a fuss, dats the only way these people listen and understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rollseyes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
05-15-2006, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
it doesnt bloody matter if its a holywood movie ot doesnt give them a right to mock or discriminate religions. i think its good people kick up a fuss, dats the only way these people listen and understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rollseyes
i agree u sud, but i tink its happenin A LOT nowadays:?

root
05-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by ya_Giney
it doesnt bloody matter if its a holywood movie ot doesnt give them a right to mock or discriminate religions.
to coin a phrase out of "Braheheart"

fffreeeeeeeeeedoooommmmmmmm !

Ghazi
05-15-2006, 08:56 PM

Salaam

If someone filmed you and put it on T.V mocking you I doubt you'd have the same attitude.

azim
05-15-2006, 09:06 PM

It's not a factual representation of history, but people will still believe it is.

The Da-Vinci code is just tabloid gossip on a Biblical scale.

I would say to Muslims that they should boycott the movie, not because of any social problems it will cause etc... but rather to be on the side of taqwa and not partake in what is just gossip against our Prophets; something that would probably help on the Day of Judgement.

north_malaysian
05-16-2006, 05:49 AM
Muslim should boycott it because it's slandering Jesus.

KAding
05-16-2006, 07:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Muslim should boycott it because it's slandering Jesus.
I'm slightly confused about this whole matter. Surely it supports the idea that Jesus was just a man and not God, exactly what the Muslims have been saying for centuries? Why would saying that he had children be 'slander'? Is it slander simply because it is against Chruch doctrine?

north_malaysian
05-16-2006, 08:08 AM
There are no accounts in the Koran that Jesus married and having children.

bint_muhammed
05-16-2006, 07:13 PM
to coin a phrase out of "Braheheart"

fffreeeeeeeeeedoooommmmmmmm !
so ya sayin people can go round bad mouthing one another!!!!!!!!!!

Goku
05-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Prophet Jesus (PBUH) deserves respect and honour, like all the Prophets (PBUT)

Maimunah
05-16-2006, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku
i agree with u bro:)
wasalaam

azim
05-16-2006, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
I'm slightly confused about this whole matter. Surely it supports the idea that Jesus was just a man and not God, exactly what the Muslims have been saying for centuries? Why would saying that he had children be 'slander'? Is it slander simply because it is against Chruch doctrine?
Peace.

All because the Da Vinci code inadverntantly supports one Islamic teaching (Jesus was a man) it doesnt mean we should ignore the lies it puts against him.

My two main problems with the Da Vinci code are that 1)it lies, and pretends it's telling the truth and 2) its just a trashy airport novel that somehow got big. I'm someone who enjoys reading and I love language. English literature has some great books written, with meaning, a message, written sometimes with ingenious language and writing style. The Da Vinci code is none of the above. It's just got a story that intrigues humans. People are attracted to the Da Vinci code the same way they are attracted to stories about some girl down the street who did 'x' act with person 'n' and is now in prision for commiting 'k' crime. I.e. gossip.

KAding
05-16-2006, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
There are no accounts in the Koran that Jesus married and having children.
Right, so saying he is not God is not slander, while saying he is not God and had children is? :?

These religious sensitivities are sometimes hard to understand.

azim
05-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Right, so saying he is not God is not slander, while saying he is not God and had children is? :?

Peace. I'd say its the trivilisation of such an important figure for the sake of entertainment is where the 'sensitivities' lie. I'd say The Da Vinci code is slander because its baseless and geared towards making a big fuss rather than any fact based theory.

anis_z24
05-17-2006, 02:23 AM
Salam,
We say what we say, but even though we have no impact. The people who make these movies know about the truth, and they know we aren't doing anything about it thats why these kinds of movies will increase.

searchingsoul
05-17-2006, 02:52 AM
[QUOTE=Trumble;311781]

I'm afraid it has very little to do with "secular fanatics" and far more to do with the fact the book made a truly vast amount of money, and it is expected the film will make a lot more.
QUOTE]

since it was hugely popular I think it's valid to suggest that there are lots of secular fanatics

north_malaysian
05-17-2006, 03:23 AM

Koran says he's not God - No SLANDERING!

I'm speaking from Muslim perspective about Da Vinci Code, not from Christian view.:okay:

anis_z24
05-17-2006, 03:38 AM
Salam,
Can we get an authentic non-biased review of this movie.
anyone know where??

Muezzin
05-17-2006, 09:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anis_z24
Salam,
Can we get an authentic non-biased review of this movie.
anyone know where??
Rottentomatoes and/or metacritic.com

;)

No amount of protest is going to stop this movie being released as it has already been made. If people are offended by it, they should simply vote with their feet and not watch it.

bint_muhammed
05-17-2006, 09:21 PM
look as long as we are sincere in our faith, no stupid useless movies will affect us rite!

Trumble
05-17-2006, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
since it was hugely popular I think it's valid to suggest that there are lots of secular fanatics

Not at all. The vast majority of readers purchased the book believing it to be an entertaining and exciting mystery thriller - which it is. As are all Dan Brown's books, come to that. Many, no doubt, were secular but it has nothing to do with 'fanaticism'

Having read it (and I am not a 'secular fanatic'), this is all a big fuss over nothing IMHO. Most of the fuss, as usual in such cases, seems to be from people who haven't read or seen it. Some people have no doubt been offended, true, what what seems to be being missed is what the particular appeal of the book actually is. It has nothing to do with secularism, or "mocking" Jesus.. it's all about mystery. People love the idea of secrets, sacred cults that have been around for hundreds or thousands of years, hidden treasures, and esoteric wisdom. In an odd way, its very similar to the attraction of those "new" Gnostic gospels they keep digging up.

azim
05-17-2006, 11:23 PM
It has nothing to do with secularism, or "mocking" Jesus.. it's all about mystery. People love the idea of secrets, sacred cults that have been around for hundreds or thousands of years, hidden treasures, and esoteric wisdom. In an odd way, its very similar to the attraction of those "new" Gnostic gospels they keep digging up.
I'd agree. The may Dan Brown turns familiar and known landmarks and historic sites into secret codes and puzzles is also another attraction. The idea that such shocking truth is hidden right beneath our very noses.

Abdul Fattah
05-17-2006, 11:33 PM
To the people saying it's just fiction:
Dan Brown has claimed in intervieuws that although the main character's story is fictional that all references to history are true. Obviously this is a lie since he was inspired by a hoax-book from some years ago (it even went to trial for plagiarism, but he beat the charges). Ne vertheless there will always be people who believe this kind of thing, or who fail to look it up before making judgments. So I wouldn't judge it as "innocent" fiction.

glo
05-21-2006, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Having read it (and I am not a 'secular fanatic'), this is all a big fuss over nothing IMHO. Most of the fuss, as usual in such cases, seems to be from people who haven't read or seen it. Some people have no doubt been offended, true, what what seems to be being missed is what the particular appeal of the book actually is. It has nothing to do with secularism, or "mocking" Jesus.. it's all about mystery. People love the idea of secrets, sacred cults that have been around for hundreds or thousands of years, hidden treasures, and esoteric wisdom. In an odd way, its very similar to the attraction of those "new" Gnostic gospels they keep digging up.
I have not read the book myself, but I have caught some of the debate.
Clearly it is pure fiction. But I suppose the Satanic verses were fiction too, and still caused a huge amount of controversy! Statements which seem to undermine the principles of a religion can become hugely threatening to it's followers.

I expect God can even work through fiction.
Perhaps some Christians will be filled with doubt after reading the book?
But perhaps others, non-believers, will become interested in Jesus as man, prophet, Son of God, and start on a spiritual journey of their own.
After all, God works in mysterious ways! :statisfie

Blessings. :)

Fishman
05-21-2006, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I have not read the book myself, but I have caught some of the debate.
Clearly it is pure fiction. But I suppose the Satanic verses were fiction too, and still caused a huge amount of controversy! Statements which seem to undermine the principles of a religion can become hugely threatening to it's followers.

I expect God can even work through fiction.
Perhaps some Christians will be filled with doubt after reading the book?
But perhaps others, non-believers, will become interested in Jesus as man, prophet, Son of God, and start on a spiritual journey of their own.
After all, God works in mysterious ways! :statisfie

Blessings. :)
:sl:
From what I understand, the Satanic Verses (the book by Salman Rushdie) was not mainly about Prophet Muhammad, it just touched on the subject a bit (and in the process said completely blasphemous things). In fact, it was not very good, and people only bought it to see what the controversy was about. It's not like a great work of fiction was ruined.

As for the Da Vinci code, I've read that it's mostly lies anyway. What makes it worse is the author says that all places, people and events in his book are real. Don't listen to it, he's just a sensationalist out to get money.
Yes, statements that undermine the fundimental tenents of a religion can be very damaging. If someone famous falsely stated that Muslims worshipped an idol, we would be furious. The protests would probably be bigger than the cartoon protests! Margret Thatcher did say that we had 'Muslim priests' (we regard a priesthood as a form of idolatry), but people largely ignored her, probably because they knew it was simply a mistake.
:w:

muzna
05-21-2006, 02:13 PM
read the book..
most of the evidence the claim that jesus had a wife and child are based on da vinci's art, and documentation of history in various forms..therefore it isnt a strong claim, as historical evidence is very prone to human error, and the credibility of the person writing it..
i dont think dan brown has much of literary talent, if you read his other books (Angels and Demons, Deception Point) you can see he follows the same monotonous pattern..he is an exceptional researcher though

Fishman
05-21-2006, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muzna
read the book..
most of the evidence the claim that jesus had a wife and child are based on da vinci's art, and documentation of history in various forms..therefore it isnt a strong claim, as historical evidence is very prone to human error, and the credibility of the person writing it..
i dont think dan brown has much of literary talent, if you read his other books (Angels and Demons, Deception Point) you can see he follows the same monotonous pattern..he is an exceptional researcher though
What do you mean by 'read the book', sister?

I don't think someone looking at some paintings is very good research. He also misrepresented Opus Dei.

My maths teacher was talking about Leonardo DaVinci with us, and she was talking about it as if it were fact. My friends were also reading the DaVinci Code, and they asked my Christian RE teacher about it. He said it was utter rubbish.

Helena
05-21-2006, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku

i absolutely agree wid u....some say its a fiction.....but watching a document on friday on history channel...ppl are actually trying to findout wot is the holy grail...was there a connection between mary magdalene? did he actually have daughter named sarah...... astagfirulla.......media has grabbed this information and it will carry on....we need put 'full stop' on this...it has gone far......
day by day..ppl are loosing the meaning of religions...it seems like it dsnt play a major role in their lives......is the society becoming secular? or are we jus confused..... wot to do....if we try to ban or disagree with the book or the movie...will it make a difference?

wslmz

KAding
05-21-2006, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

i absolutely agree wid u....some say its a fiction.....but watching a document on friday on history channel...ppl are actually trying to findout wot is the holy grail...was there a connection between mary magdalene? did he actually have daughter named sarah...... astagfirulla.......media has grabbed this information and it will carry on....we need put 'full stop' on this...it has gone far......
day by day..ppl are loosing the meaning of religions...it seems like it dsnt play a major role in their lives......is the society becoming secular? or are we jus confused..... wot to do....if we try to ban or disagree with the book or the movie...will it make a difference?

wslmz
There is no way to ban it. That would be unconstitutional in virtually any Western country.

Helena
05-21-2006, 02:59 PM

media are jus trying to make beliefs...they have nothing else better to do...ppl eventually belive them..even thou its wrong....

by creating a movie or book on this has created a problem....as a ummah we shud stop this..... but how?

primitivefuture
05-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Shouldnt Muslims be using the media to balance all myths? Why arent we doing this?

jm100
05-21-2006, 03:17 PM
The reason Muslims are angry at this movie is because it LIES and says that Jesus did not have any miracles, and it says that Islam was influence by the Catholic church and opresses women.

czgibson
05-21-2006, 03:27 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by jm100
The reason Muslims are angry at this movie is because it LIES and says that Jesus did not have any miracles, and it says that Islam was influence by the Catholic church and opresses women.
I went and saw the film at the cinema last night and I don't recall Islam being mentioned at any stage.

Quite a good film, I thought, but not brilliant by any means. I've read the book and the film stuck pretty rigidly to the plot.

It's definitely nothing to get yourself worked up about.

Peace

KAding
05-21-2006, 03:27 PM
Nothing will be banned. Nor will you guys be able to stop it.

I suggest you leave the judgement up to God.

Helena
05-21-2006, 03:36 PM

we are here for a reason in this world, a purpose, a role as a muslim, we shud try to stop it...something that is absolutely against religions.....something needs to be done...religious people need to wake up...before it gets out of hand...

it already has..identifying jesus and mary magdalene...as a couple...astagfirulla.......such a disgrace....

we shud stand up...and unite...make our voice heard... but how?

muzna
05-21-2006, 03:37 PM
reply to brother fishman
exactly...
i mean i read the book..
the evidence for the claim is pretty shaky as it mostly depends on da vinci, and if i remember correctly, he was a mischievous dude

SirZubair
05-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Its a movie.

If you want to watch it,watch it.No-one will force you.

If you dont want to watch it,dont watch it.No-one will force you.

At the end of the day,learn to get over it.

wa'salaam.

bint_muhammed
05-21-2006, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I went and saw the film at the cinema last night and I don't recall Islam being mentioned at any stage.

Quite a good film, I thought, but not brilliant by any means. I've read the book and the film stuck pretty rigidly to the plot.

It's definitely nothing to get yourself worked up about.

Peace
U WUD SAY THAT U R AN ATHEIST!:rollseyes

jm100
05-21-2006, 09:43 PM

*book not movie, sorry.

:wa:

Trumble
05-21-2006, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muzna
the evidence for the claim is pretty shaky as it mostly depends on da vinci, and if i remember correctly, he was a mischievous dude
Nah.. it had nothing to do with da Vinci himself. That part of it comes from a French guy called Pierre Plantard who founded the "Priory of Sion" in the 1950's. It became a real confidence trick, the idea of which was to suggest it was an ancient order established during the Crusades. He forged assorted documents, one of which suggested the "order" had had a sequence of Grand Masters through the centuries many of whom were historically significant, including da Vinci. Other documents claimed the the ancient Merovingian line of Frankish kings had survived, the heir to the French "throne" being none other than a certain Pierre Plantard!

The whole "Priory of Sion" thing got mixed up with the Jesus/Mary Magdelene idea (which had been around in various forms for a while) and the Holy Grail myth in the 'Holy Blood and the Holy Grail' book by Baigent, Leigh and Lincoln. Dan Brown used that as a source for "The da Vinci Code", adding assorted stuff himself, like the Opus Dei involvement in some sort of cover-up.

minaz
05-21-2006, 10:09 PM
In all honesty, the bible states Prophet Isa (Jesus) is the son of god, the Qu'ran states that Allah has no children, therefore isn't what it says in the bible offencive to Muslims? However Muslims respect other people's religions, we don't attack others, the Da vinci Code attacks/asks questions of Christianity. I've seen many documentaries and interviews with Dan Brown himself and it's all a load of fiction. However using fiction to depict the central figure of a religion based upon that religions text (the bible) and it's constitution (the church) is of course going to offend many Christians. Watch it don't watch it, end of the day don't take it to heart- cuz it's false.

*Hana*
05-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Salam Alaikum:

I also saw the movie on Friday night and it is nothing more than fiction. There are some facts in there about different things, but the rest is all theory, speculation and what ifs. For me, it left the conclusion up to the viewer. Muslims and Christians might be offended for different reasons. ie. Muslims offended at the suggestion Jesus, pbuh, was married and fathered a child, and Christians for the simple fact it would send Christianity as it is known today into a major tail spin. Athiests and Agnostics may choose to accept it or prefer to scrutinize further. Nothing in the movie, in my opinion, tried to pass this off as factual.

I actually enjoyed the movie, but nothing wowed me.

There has always been questions about the codes used in Da Vinci's paintings....this movie portrayed one of many theories for various reasons. ie. the lack of a cup at the last supper, the symbols created in paintings, etc. They took these centuries old questions and created a hypothetical situation. There is absolutely no basis in fact and it never makes that claim.

I see nothing wrong with trying to find answers through hypothetical situations. For me, this particular situation doesn't work for numerous reasons, someone else may feel different.

In the end, it is only a fictional movie and nothing more. I went with my christian friend and she felt the same. But, it did give us lots to talk about later and gave me an opportunity to tell her more about Islamic belief. :)

Wasalam,
Hana

muzna
05-22-2006, 10:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
In all honesty, the bible states Prophet Isa (Jesus) is the son of god, the Qu'ran states that Allah has no children, therefore isn't what it says in the bible offencive to Muslims? However Muslims respect other people's religions, we don't attack others, the Da vinci Code attacks/asks questions of Christianity. I've seen many documentaries and interviews with Dan Brown himself and it's all a load of fiction. However using fiction to depict the central figure of a religion based upon that religions text (the bible) and it's constitution (the church) is of course going to offend many Christians. Watch it don't watch it, end of the day don't take it to heart- cuz it's false.
i agree..
us muslims are not supposed to be watching movies in the first place to have debates about this..there's popular music in the US using God and Allah's name in vain...
live and let live..

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Nabi Easa (AS) is one of our prophets, so when we defend him we defend Islam.
And the Da Vinci Code is rubbish anyway.

Bin Qasim
05-22-2006, 02:30 PM

I do not think DaVinci code is demeaning to Jesus(pbuh) from a muslim's POV... but yes, it questions a lot about Christianity... now what shall a muslim do in this situation... I am not sure of it... I just keep myself out of it... :)

Protected_Diamond
05-22-2006, 02:32 PM
I guess i should warn my friend not to watch it insha' Allah....

czgibson
05-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
U WUD SAY THAT U R AN ATHEIST!:rollseyes
You mean the "nothing to get yourself worked up about" part? I can see that my post has had the opposite effect on you. My apologies for that.

It seems some of the Muslim members agree with me. It's fiction, at the end of the day, and by getting all het up about it you're just showing that you're taking it more seriously than it really deserves.

Also, do you want to spend your life getting offended by an endless stream of culture that points to views that you believe are false, or do you want to live and let live?

Peace

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-23-2006, 10:46 AM
How about a fictional movie based on you insulting you... would you like that cz?

czgibson
05-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
How about a fictional movie based on you insulting you... would you like that cz?
It would depend whether these insults were justified or not. However, I'm not sure that's the issue here. In what way is 'The Da Vinci Code' insulting to you?

Peace

Muezzin
05-23-2006, 03:24 PM
How about a fictional movie based on you insulting you... would you like that...?
Ever seen 'Downfall'?

Google it!

:p

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Er... what does hitler have to do with this?

Muezzin
05-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Er... what does hitler have to do with this?
You said 'a fictional movie based on YOU insulting YOU', and I replied 'Hey, you seen that Hitler movie?'

Read between the lines :p

Ah, you're right, that joke sucked.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Are you calling czgibson hitler?*baffled*
Yeah it did!

Oh right i get it now!....*blush*

Don't double-post, please.

And the sucky-joke was equating Hitler with me, not Czgibson.

-Muezzin

Sis786
05-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Salaaam

I have read the book and i do intend to watch the movie. As for the whole idea of whether this is right and wrong. Im going to watch this movie as a fiction movie I know as a Muslim that jesus was NOT married and had No Kids and thats that.

However i do believe that this movie will confuse those who do not know thier religion very well or those who may not know the character of Jesus well.

I think the topic is a sensitive one and the movie should have been promoted properly, one min you have its fiction and next Dan Brown is saying the characters are real.

This is ALL Promotion the more of a stir this film makes the bigger hit it will be i mean look at the passsion of Chirst, that did well due to all the Contriversary.

My personal view is that this aint book nor movie about Jesus AS but about a ficitional character and thats IT!

Bittersteel
05-24-2006, 07:57 AM
Its a movie.

If you want to watch it,watch it.No-one will force you.

If you dont want to watch it,dont watch it.No-one will force you.

At the end of the day,learn to get over it.

wa'salaam.
period.The END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-24-2006, 11:44 AM
Nice to see people care so much about NABI Easa (as). You'd probably care a little more if it was about Nabi Muhammad (SAW). *rolls eyes*

SirZubair
05-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Nice to see people care so much about NABI Easa (as). You'd probably care a little more if it was about Nabi Muhammad (SAW). *rolls eyes*
Who said we dont care about Prophet Isa?

If you and I protect outside the cinema (yes,..with a Mahram present..),do you think they'll stop playing the movie?

me thinks not.

Seeing as we cant change it with our hands,we might as well simply reject it with our hearts and leave it at that.

We cant shove our opinions down peoples throats and stop them from viewing it,it is their choice,leave them to it. Doesnt mean you and I have to watch it.

Nearly every1 i know has viewed it,im avoiding it,and will carry on avoiding it.

Simple as that :)

p.s im not accusing you of shoving your opinion down peoples throats. :) im speaking to all the members of the forum.

wa'salam.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-24-2006, 11:52 AM
No brother I didn't mean it like that. We should at least condemn it. We may not be able to stop it from being shown, or stop other people from watching it, but we should still simply state the truth. You can tell the truth and still be polite. No?
Don't worry I didn't think you were saying I was shoving my opinions down peoples throats.

Sis786
05-24-2006, 01:00 PM
I think that this quote is really out of order. No person can even declare themselves a Muslim until they believe in Allah, the Holy Quran, Angles and the Prophets and beliving in the Prophets means loving and respecting them. So i do think that your quote is incorrect and really nasty!

We do live in a society that is sometimes ungrateful to peoples beliefs and thoughts yet we have to continue on living in this society. When the pictues of the Prophet saw was publishes in angered us all However some of us behaved in ways that were against the priniciples of Islam yet we were defending the concept of Islam and the Prophet of Islam.

This movie has been released and the harsh reality is that you and me and no amount of protests is gonna change that infact it will only assist the producer in promoting the movie.

SO the brother is right is you are gonna condemn it do it by not watching it, yet saying comments as you care little for Isa AS is just not necessary and such judgement should not be made!

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-24-2006, 01:08 PM
I wasn't talking to him sis, and how was I being nasty?*confused*

And the brother gave me a rep lol... so yeah i wasnt nasty!

Don't double-post, ta

-Muezzin

Sis786
05-25-2006, 07:57 AM
I wasn't talking to him sis, and how was I being nasty?*confused*

And the brother gave me a rep lol... so yeah i wasnt nasty!

Don't double-post, ta

-Muezzin
Sis i never said you were talking to someone specific but your comments was targeted at someone! Like i said by making a comment like you did you are making a judgement as to if a person is a muslim or not as ALL muslims must love and respect the Prophets of Islam.

I dont mean to be nasty to you but you have to see your mistake!

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Ah ok well i'm sorry if i offended any one.
And no, you weren't being nasty;).

Sis786
05-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Ah ok well i'm sorry if i offended any one.
And no, you weren't being nasty;).
Thanks for the apology and im sure that you never meant it, its all good sis may allah SWT bless you aameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.