erm expand?

Hijaabi22
05-15-2006, 11:18 AM
wat are torrent>>>??? do i sound dumb? Lol

Muslim Knight
05-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Is it peer-to-peer file sharing ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hijaabi22
05-15-2006, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
chk http://www.sunnitorrents.com/

u'll get an idea wat its all abt.
ta:okay:

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-15-2006, 01:55 PM
cant be botherd... can someone explain 2 me?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-15-2006, 02:08 PM
well you download this program, then you program then you can go to one of many torrent sites such as sunni torrents, from this site you click on a link and open it in that program you have downlaoded and installed.

dostpost
05-15-2006, 03:14 PM
limewire

search it in google

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-15-2006, 03:30 PM
nope thats not torrents

Aly
05-15-2006, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
nope thats not torrents
yeh i do use torrents for documentries, movies, sports and religious stuff

let me know how can u help u out ?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
05-15-2006, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aly
yeh i do use torrents for documentries, movies, sports and religious stuff

let me know how can u help u out ?

post some links to some of those documentaries, if you can bro.

czgibson
05-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Greetings,

I use torrents all the time - I'd recommend using Azureus as client software. If anyone's struggling with any aspect of torrents let me know and I can try and help out.

Peace

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Gee, that's nice.

Z
05-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Aren't torrents illegal?

Muezzin
05-16-2006, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Aren't torrents illegal?
Shh! Didn't you know everytime you say that you're feeding the terrorists? :p

Aly
05-16-2006, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
post some links to some of those documentaries, if you can bro.
Brother i am goign to upload 100's of documentries, cricket , dramas football, comedy etc on a www.mastivision.com within 2 weeeks so check bak and i will make a topic as well when i will finihs up loading it .

czgibson
05-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Aren't torrents illegal?
Certainly not. Bit torrent technology is simply a way of sharing large files over the internet, with relatively quick download times compared to older filesharing systems.

If you download a torrent which contains copyrighted material, such as a film, album or game that has been officially released onto the market, then that is a crime - however, there is plenty of material available online that is not under copyright.

So, torrents can be used for illegal purposes, but they are not in themselves illegal.

Peace

Muslim Soldier
05-16-2006, 05:32 PM
dont you think torrents are slow in the downloading process?

czgibson
05-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
dont you think torrents are slow in the downloading process?
This varies according to a number of different factors, but if used properly they are the fastest method of filesharing currently available.

Firstly, there is the question of how fast your connection is. Ideally you should use broadband - most downloads using dial-up will take a very long time.

Another thing that will affect your download speed is how many people are sharing the file you're downloading. The more people have it, the quicker the download speeds will be for everybody. Someone who has a complete copy of a file is called a seed. People who are trying to get that file are called leechers. When you're browsing torrents and choosing which one to download, go for one that has a lot of seeds, because then it will be much quicker than one that only has one or two. (If there are no seeds, then you can't get the file at all.)

Another issue that sometimes arises is to do with internet firewalls. Sometimes they block the port that your computer is communicating through when downloading, and this will drastically reduce the speed of your downloads. It's possible to tell the firewall to unblock that particular port and sort the problem out. This is called port forwarding, and you can find out how to do it here. You have to be sure which port your bit torrent client software is using in order to be sure that you're not exposing your computer to any unnecessary risk.

Here's the general bit torrent FAQ that the above link is extracted from:

Bit Torrent FAQ

Hope that helps.

Peace

Muslim Soldier
05-17-2006, 01:11 PM
thanks gibson

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.