/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hw time iz important....is it running out....or we wasting it?

Helena
05-15-2006, 04:51 PM
:sl:

young man grabbed my attention. He was reading a pocket-sized Quran continuously; not raising his head even once. At first I did not think much about him. However, after one hour of waiting my casual glances turned into a deep reflection about his lifestyle and how he utilizes his time. One hour of life wasted! Instead of making benefit of that hour, it was just a boring wait. Then the call for prayer was made. We went to prayer in the hospital's Masjid. I tried to pray close to the man who was reading the Quran earlier in the waiting room. After the prayer I walked with him. I informed him of how impressed I was of him and how he tries to benefit from his time.He told me that most of our time is wasted without any benefit. These are days that go from our lives without being conscious of them or regretting their waste. He said that he started carrying the pocket-sized Quran around when a friend encouraged him to make full use of his time. He told me that in the time other people waste he gets to read much more of the Quran than he gets to read either at home or in the Masjid. Moreover, besides the reward of reading the Quran, this habit saves him from boredom and stress.He added that he has now been waiting for one and a half hours. Then he asked, when will you find one and a half hours to read the Quran? I reflected; how much time do we waste? How many moments of our lives pass by, and yet we do not account for how they passed by? Indeed, how many months pass by and we do not read the Quran? I came to respect my companion, and I discovered that I am to stand for account and that time is not in my hand; so what am I waiting for?My thoughts were interrupted by the nurse calling out my number; I went to the doctor. But I want to achieve something now. After I left the hospital I quickly went to the bookshop and bought a pocket-sized Quran. I decided to be mindful of how I spend the time.If this information is beneficial to you, then please do forward it to your friends and relatives. Our Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said; "Whoever guides or directs to good, then he gets the same amount of blessing (reward) as the one who does it" The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) also said "Pass on knowledge from me even if it be one ayah."

any comments inshalah......

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-15-2006, 05:10 PM
:salamext:

masha'Allaah thats so true.. i think one of the best things a person should do is keep reciting the praises of Allaah, for example: subhan Allaah, alhamdulillah, Laillaah Illallaah, Allaahu akbar.

If we keep doing this, we will be rewarded for it loadz insha'Allaah, and its so simple to do aswell.

A companion once submited to the eternally blessed Prophet "O Messenger of Allah! Good deeds are many and I do not save the strength to perform all of them. So please tell me one thing that I may always remember. Please do not tell me many things as I would forget them." The Holy Prophet said "Your tongue should be wet with dhikr (remembrance i.e. praising) of Allah". (Jami Tirmidhi, Dawat Bab Fadl al Dhikr).

Abu Musa Ash'ari has been quoted as follows: The eternally blessed Prophet said "A house wherein Allah is remembered and a house wherein He is not remembered are like living and dead bodies" (Bukhari and Muslim).

Abū Dardā Rady Allāhu ‘Anhu reported that Prophet Muhammad Sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa Sallam said, “Is any of you incapable of reciting a third of the Qur’ān in a night? On being asked how they could recite a third of the Qur’ān, he replied, “ ‘Say: He, Allāh, is One’ [referring to surah ikhlaas] is equivalent to a third of the Qur’ān”. (Sahih Muslim)

The Qur'an covers three main areas; Tawhid, Apostleship/Prophethood and the Hereafter. This Surah (surah ikhlaas) teaches Tawhid, pure and undefiled. Therefore, the Holy Prophet (upon whom he Peace) regarded it as equal to one-third of the Quran.

:wasalamex

Qurratul Ayn
05-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Mashallah Ta'ala, excellent, first-class advice given there by Brother Fi_Sabilillah and Sister helena. I read the Qur'an every morning and my younger Brother who is a Hafiz reads the Qur'an every morning too.

May Allah Ta'ala help and guide all Muslims that try with their utmost power to follow the right religion and path.

Mashallah Ta'ala Sister helena for purchasing a pocket-size Qur'an, it gives one pleasure reading from the Qur'an even though many of us do not understand the Qur'an.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

Helena
05-15-2006, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=Fi_Sabilillah;311611]:salamext:

masha'Allaah thats so true.. i think one of the best things a person should do is keep reciting the praises of Allaah, for example: subhan Allaah, alhamdulillah, Laillaah Illallaah, Allaahu akbar.

shukran...thats soo true...alhamdulilah i recite them after each prayer.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
05-15-2006, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

shukran...thats soo true...alhamdulilah i recite them after each prayer.....

:wasalamex

masha'Allaah thats really good!

Abu Huraira (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said,

"He who recites after every prayer: Subhan Allah (Allah is free from imperfection) 33 times; Alhamdu lillah (praise be to Allah) 33 times; Allahu Akbar (Allah is Greatest) 33 times; and completes the hundred with: La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa `ala kulli shai'in Qadir (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him. His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent), will have all his sins pardoned even if they may be as large as the foam on the surface of the sea.'' (Sahih Muslim).

Dhikr: meaning, benefits and the role it has in my life
http://www.soundvision.com/Info/teen...ngbenefits.asp

:salamext:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.