/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tell me something I don’t know

Silver Pearl
05-15-2006, 05:28 PM
:salamext:

I hope this message is reaching you in good health and in the best iman.

Yesterday Asiya told Abdullah that his trousers were hanging down his knees (as though he did not notice) and his grey CK boxers should not be exposing his rear end. Abdullah smirked back and passed along a paper with a message on it, turns out Ramla, Asiya’s best friend was not so loyal to her and so told Mia who told Yousuf to tell Zak that passed it on to Sameeya whom passed it on to Abdullah that Asiya does not pray.

Now while this is happening Sameera and Zaynab are applaud by this behaviour and of course they have taken the time to analyse the sins their fellow Muslims are doing.

(The above is fictional, yet its almost too close to reality....if not the reality for some of us)

None of my companions must tell me anything about anyone, for I like to come out to you with no ill-feelings. (saying of the prophet Muhammad (salal-lahu alayhi wa salam)
(Abu-Dawud).

This is our Ummah but it is because of our own fault that it is reached such an epic. There are things I am not happy about my imaan and because of that it reminds me not to discuss the errors of others. Yet why do most of us dwell on the issue of other Muslims? Is this our own doggy version of celebrity gossip?

The Muslim is he from whose tongue and hand the Muslims are safe, and the Emigrant is he who abandons what God has prohibited.
(Bukhari).

And in the words of a scholar:

silence is a virtue in Islam. The Messenger Sallallahualaihi wasallam told Uqba ibn Amir: "Withhold your tongue" narrated by Imam Attirmithi.

Why is it then that when we start a topic about the errors of Muslims everyone is all over it like a bad rash spouting their 2 cents as though that is significant? Yet ironically when a thread is posted about how to aid the ummah, members go scarce. I blame myself firstly for not putting more effort into making comments about how to improve the Ummah but I’m generally an observer rather than a writer and sometimes I forget to write my thoughts down, alas I can not excuse myself. Rabeeqh firlee

Is it too much hassle for us to write one paragraph? It is quite pathetic, wait let me re-phrase that, it is beyond pathetic to the point where it is sad.

I may never see the next hour and that worries me, and that should worry you too, what have you done to aid those who need you and to aid yourself? Could you not afford to make dua for them if not physically do something?

People make goals for others when really we should make goals for ourselves. Everyone has got their eye on someone else’s movement. Don’t be a Muslim for no one but your Lord.

It is no use telling each other the problems. Fair enough a lot of us are strained for time but come on; this is just not on anymore. One dua and you can’t be bothered?

Who cares whether sister such and such does not wear hijab, or brother such and such wears drop downs and has Nike carved on his head?

Who cares whether the sister/brother does not pray salah or he smokes sheesha?

I don’t care and neither should you…..why? Because when we speak about them constantly we forget our own sins, we become arrogant. Instead love them and pray for them merely for the sake of your Creator. And keep your mouth a closed door.

A man is granted supplication provided he does not ask for anything sinful or for breaking ties of relationship.
(Muslim).

So don’t be hesitant to make dua whilst you’re active to comment about people’s errors.

If you have read the above then make a dua for everyone, both Muslims and non-muslims. I’m not talking about one line dua you plast with no true meaning behind it. Let’s see if the Muslims on this board truly care about others or if we just hide behind weightless words.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pretty_najm
05-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Well said, sister. SubhanAllah!

firdaw
05-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Subnallah

muslim@
05-16-2006, 10:13 PM
masha allah;gossiping and rumour spreading is soooo common nowadays.its really sad.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maimunah
05-16-2006, 10:40 PM
jazakaAllah khayr sis
wasalaam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-16-2006, 10:51 PM

:sl:

This has been of great benefit! JazakAllah khair!

:w:

BlissfullyJaded
05-16-2006, 11:00 PM

Jazakallah khair sis. :)

Now for us to move on from phase 1 (saying Jazakallah khair) to phase 2 (actually implementing it). :)

Khayal
05-16-2006, 11:42 PM

jazaak ALLAH khayr sister for benificial sharing...:rose:

:w:

Abdullah4ever
05-17-2006, 12:13 AM

Subanallah, thx for sharing this sister :)

*noor
05-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This is all so true. I agree that we spend way too much pointing out the faults of others and don't even remember our own faults. This is what prevents us from improving ourselves. People gossip so much about the sins of others while they may be at the same timing sinning themselves, sometimes even the exact same sin of the sinner that they are gossiping about. We do it so often that it almost becomes subconscious. We become unaware of when we are doing it because it comes part of us. After somebody falls deep into the trap of pointing out the faults of others without realizing his/her own faults, the person starts to sin more than he/she did before and his/her Iman decreases and may eventually be diminished.

So make duaa' for Allah to help us fight our enemies- shaytan, ourselves and our tongues so that we don't fall into error by pointing out the sins of others and forget that we may be sinning too, sometimes even worse than the other person.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!