/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Movie "United 93"

Noora_z3
05-15-2006, 09:23 PM
United 93’
Abdul Rahman Saad Al-Arabi • Al-Madinah

“United 93” is a Hollywood film currently being shown in cinemas across the United States. The film possesses an unusual ability to whip up fresh waves of hate crimes and acts of Islamophobia, not only in the US but on the other side of the Atlantic as well.The film has led to a sense of fear in the minds of Muslis, whether Americans, Arab or of whatever nationality.

The film as the name suggests, is the cinematic representation of the story of the ill-fated United Airlines Flgiht No. 93 that crashed into one of the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York Sep. 11, 2001.

the story opens with two hijackers devoutly reciting vrses from ther Holy Quran and chanting (La Ilah Illa Allah), there is no God but Allah. as the story develops, viewrs see that Islamic Symbols and chants are cleverly used alnogside the horribale events. The ostensible aim seems to be tp drive deep into the minds of the viewers the idea that the terrorists savageries were some how carried out as a form of worshipping Allah and in obediance to the commands of Islam's holliest books.

In other words, the deeply moving suffurings of thousands of innocent peaple were caused by an outflow of monstrous cruelty and deep hatred which some how equate Islam. The Villiany that caused the tragedy has been dexterously associated with holy Islamic symbols with such craftsmanship that viewers leave the cinema with a strong feelings of revulsion toward Islam and its follwoers. Viewers are lead inescapably to conclude that Islam is an evil religion encoureging voilence, terror, mass killing and destruction.

A freind' son studying at present in San Diego, California, called me to tell that a few days ago, he and his wife were terrified by the intensity of hatred produced by the film in the minds of viewers there. According to him, the faces of viewers as they left the theater were hot with anger as they cursed Arabs and abused Muslims.

Films such as (United 93), dont help bulda bridge ofmutual understanding smong variouse peaple of the world. Socities, which lead the world and promote the cause of human rights, should discourage films that so blatantly promote hatred.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Z
05-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Salaam.

Such a sick bunch of people. Making money and profit from terrible things that happened to their own nation only a few years later. How low.

firdaw
05-15-2006, 11:20 PM
wat a low life people

Inshallah
05-15-2006, 11:33 PM
I bet this movie showed how muslims are terrorists, i would never watch this movie because it's against our people. Bunch of lies portraying islam and muslims as evil people, horrible movie.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
R_Mujahed
05-15-2006, 11:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inshallah
I bet this movie showed how muslims are terrorists, i would never watch this movie because it's against our people. Bunch of lies portraying islam and muslims as evil people, horrible movie.
What movie does not feature Muslims as terrorist! The us is always chasing some Muslims or chasing people that are going to supply Muslims with Dangerous weapons! And this became more visible and was made more acceptable after 9/11, but it was always there!

Akhee... All their movies are useless and senseless and all the other words that can end in less!

KAding
05-16-2006, 12:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by R_Mujahed
What movie does not feature Muslims as terrorist!
Actually, in the movie version of the Tom Clancy book 'The Sum of all Fears' they changed the terrorists from Arabs to Russians just so they would not offend Muslims. Apparently offending Russians is still allowed in Hollywood :p.

It did kinda hurt the plot IMHO. It simply didn't make sense anymore.

The us is always chasing some Muslims or chasing people that are going to supply Muslims with Dangerous weapons! And this became more visible and was made more acceptable after 9/11, but it was always there!
Really? What movies are you thinking about? The evil people in Hollywood still usually have a German accent IMHO :). And through most of the Cold war nobody cared one bit about Muslims, it was always the Russians that planned something.

Don't overestimate the importance of Arabs in the US mindset pre-9/11! ;)

Akhee... All their movies are useless and senseless and all the other words that can end in less!
I disagree. America produces many movies, both mindless and mindful movies. They produce plain entertainment and thoughtful quality.

And, to their credit, apparently their movies also have a world-wide appeal. I remember when I was in Iran people couldn't stop talking about 'Titanic', which was just released then :).

KAding
05-16-2006, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inshallah
Yes, the thought of Muslims commiting terrorist acts is so far fetched :p. Maybe hollywood can use Canadians in their next movie about 9/11, so much more believable :giggling:.

imaad_udeen
05-16-2006, 12:18 AM
Um, but it was Arabs who hikacked Flight 93...

Should the crimes of Arabs be off limits for films?

E'jaazi
05-16-2006, 04:35 AM
Some people become angry over this, but that plane was shot down! Someone in the area was interviewed and said that he saw a streaking light hit the plane just before it went down. His interview was never repeated. Hijackers don't tell the passengers what they are planning. So the passengers overtook the plane and instead of trying to survive and call their loved ones they had spoken to, they crash the plane? Get serious. I guess people still believe Oswald killed Kennedy, even after the US Government locked up all files for 75 years. Nothing to hide, right?

mujahedeen2087
05-16-2006, 04:39 AM
i do not care to see this film, it is false

imaad_udeen
05-16-2006, 06:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by blackjubba
[I]Some people become angry over this, but that plane was shot down! Someone in the area was interviewed and said that he saw a streaking light hit the plane just before it went down. His interview was never repeated.
I am angry over this. There is no evidence which supports the shoot down theory and the account of one layman as an eyewitness is far from conclusive.

E'jaazi
05-16-2006, 06:30 AM
That's what the Government wants you to believe. Did you read the whole post? Why overthrow the hijackers and then crash the plane? Why not call and say you have control of the plane and try to get help landing?

north_malaysian
05-16-2006, 08:11 AM
When all Muslims dead. I wonder who would be the blacksheeps of Hollywood?:?

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 08:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
Um, but it was Arabs who hikacked Flight 93...

Should the crimes of Arabs be off limits for films?
Salaam

Thats what they want you to believe but lets face it the US just wanted to whip of a state of fear similar to communism so the public would be on their side with any future plans they had.

HeiGou
05-16-2006, 08:40 AM
That's what the Government wants you to believe. Did you read the whole post? Why overthrow the hijackers and then crash the plane? Why not call and say you have control of the plane and try to get help landing?
The flight box survived from that crash. The passangers did not manage to get control of the plane. They had called loved ones and their loved ones told them what had happened in New York and so they decided they would not wait until they too died. They attempted to storm the cockpit and the hijackers deliberately crashed the plane rather than allow anyone to survive.

From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_93

The flight data recorder and cockpit voice recorder were recovered on the afternoon of September 13, buried 25 feet deep at the impact site, but only transcripts been released to the public. In April 2002, in an unprecedented action, the cockpit voice recorder was played by the FBI to relatives of the victims of the hijackings. Further details were released by the 9/11 Commission in July 2004.

The transcripts of the cockpit voice recorder [1] were made public as part of the trial of Zacharias Moussaoui, but the actual recording is unreleased. At the start of the transcript, a woman is heard pleading for her life. This is thought to have been a flight attendant.

The tape was reported to have contained voices saying "Allahu Akbar," English shouts that included "Let's get them!" and "In the cockpit. If we don't, we'll die" then screaming and other sounds followed by silence. Sounds of crockery smashing have led to the conclusion that a service trolley was used as a battering-ram to force the cockpit door open. The tape also debunks speculation about First Officer LeRoy W. Homer Jr. being injured when the hijackers can be heard saying, "Inform them, and tell him to talk to the pilot. Bring the pilot back." indicating that they were having difficulty controlling the plane and needed the assistance of LeRoy Homer.

The hijackers themselves appear to have all retreated into the cockpit prior to the charge, and they can be heard praying, reassuring themselves, and discussing on separate occasions, in Arabic, whether to use a fire axe in the cockpit on those outside or to cut off the oxygen to quell the charge. Jarrah said "Is that it? Shall we finish it off?" Another hijacker replied "No. Not yet. When they all come, we finish it off." Jarrah later said "Is that it? I mean, shall we put it down?" to which another hijacker replied "Yes, put it in it, and pull it down." then later "Pull it down! Pull it down!"

The 9/11 Commission found from the recordings that, contrary to what many have believed, the passengers did not succeed in entering the cockpit before the plane started its dive. There is a small possibility they broke in after it was far too late and the plane was descending vertically at nearly 600 MPH. The 9/11 Commission ruled that the actions of the crew and passengers prevented the destruction of the Capitol building or the White House by causing the hijackers to abort the attack on their intended target.

HeiGou
05-16-2006, 08:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Thats what they want you to believe but lets face it the US just wanted to whip of a state of fear similar to communism so the public would be on their side with any future plans they had.
I find this sort of comment more disgusting than the actual terror attacks. Nearly 3000 people died in those attacks. They left family and friends. Have some decency and admit the truth.

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 08:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
I find this sort of comment more disgusting than the actual terror attacks. Nearly 3000 people died in those attacks. They left family and friends. Have some decency and admit the truth.
Salaam

I am, you should be saying that to the US goverment.

E'jaazi
05-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Believe half of what you see and none of what your hear. How do you know it went down like that? How do you know they played the whole tape, or if that was really the tape? You don't! But most americans will believe anything the Government tells them - Oswald killed Kennedy and the Government doesn't listen to your phone calls. Iraq has weapons of mass destruction and are an emminent threat. By the way, the president of North Korea has openly said in the US Media, that he has weapons of mass destruction, that war with the US is emminent, and that he will use them. Why isn't the US rushing off to war with a real threat? Because it doesn't serve their purpose. Why doesn't the US rush into Daffar and quell all of the violence? We already know the answer. The US Government doesn't have the heart to tell you they shot that plane down. That's one reason why the movie came out now - to play on the sentimentality of the people. And it's working.

HeiGou
05-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Believe half of what you see and none of what your hear.
Don't worry. I always keep that in mind. I am thinking about it right now in fact.

How do you know it went down like that? How do you know they played the whole tape, or if that was really the tape? You don't!
But there is a lot more evidence of it than your paranoid inventions.

But most americans will believe anything the Government tells them - Oswald killed Kennedy and the Government doesn't listen to your phone calls.
Well most Americans seem to have accepted that the government does, in theory, listen to some phone calls. Of course two seconds thought will show that they do not listen to them all. And of course Lee Harbey Oswald did kill Kennedy.

Iraq has weapons of mass destruction and are an emminent threat.
I don't think anyone believes that any more - but Saddam's generals did.

By the way, the president of North Korea has openly said in the US Media, that he has weapons of mass destruction, that war with the US is emminent, and that he will use them. Why isn't the US rushing off to war with a real threat? Because it doesn't serve their purpose.
Actually it is because they do have nuclear weapons - the US can only pick on small weak countries. South Korea would not allow an attack on the North at the moment.

Why doesn't the US rush into Daffar and quell all of the violence? We already know the answer. The US Government doesn't have the heart to tell you they shot that plane down. That's one reason why the movie came out now - to play on the sentimentality of the people. And it's working.
Another reason is that they cannot get any support for action on Dafur. No one cares that much about dead Black Muslim Africans. There is no reason to think that the US government show down the plane. It is disgusting to even claim it. Bin Laden took credit for it. Why deny it?

E'jaazi
05-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Oswald killed Kennedy? What planet do you live on?

HeiGou
05-16-2006, 09:23 AM
Oswald killed Kennedy? What planet do you live on?
Obviously not the one you do.

Pity for your friends and family.

Muezzin
05-16-2006, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Such a sick bunch of people. Making money and profit from terrible things that happened to their own nation only a few years later. How low.
I agree. What next, 'Hiroshima: The Movie'? I wish people didn't feel the urge to cheapen things.

E'jaazi
05-16-2006, 10:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Obviously not the one you do.

Pity for your friends and family.
Consider this; the final fatal shot came from the front and blew out the back of the head. The car was already way past the building Oswald was in, making it IMPOSSIBLE for OSwald to have fired that shot. Watch the clip again and you will see for yourself. But tell me this: If it really was just Oswald, then why hide all of the info from the American public for 75 years?

Muezzin
05-16-2006, 10:07 AM
What does JFK have to do with '9/11: The Motion Picture'?

------
05-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Stupid, sad pathetic people.

HeiGou
05-16-2006, 10:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I agree. What next, 'Hiroshima: The Movie'? I wish people didn't feel the urge to cheapen things.
Schindler's List? I think that shouldn't have been made.

I think that few of us have any idea of what it is like for three armed men to take some airlines hostesses and cut their throats. I hope more people see it - not in reality of course, but enough so that there is no dispute over what it is and what it amounts to. See how lightly the words trip off my keyboard.

imaad_udeen
05-16-2006, 02:39 PM
There was a movie about the atmoic attacks of World War Two.

Oswald did kill Kennedy.

Arabs did hijack United 93 and eventually crash it into the ground due to a passenger revolt, possibly saving many more lives.

Noora_z3
05-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Well, I think the question is, wat good comes out of such a movie in this particular time?

And the answer is, in my openion, is that the timing is just not right. The wounds r just so fresh.

Lets first talk bout those who lost their loved ones in the flight, i think they r still having a hard time accepting the reasons n the motivs n the way they lost their loved ones. Such movies will make them visualise wat migth have happened just before their death, and I belive this will have a trumatic effect on them. Not only they have to cope with the lost, but also comprehend and partially experiance the kind of fear their beloved one suffured before their death.

Now lets talk bout wat kind of effect would it have on the public, specifically their reaction to the movie. Since the incident happend just 5 yrs back, n it alomst shaken every American to the core, such movies will increase their discomfort n their "hatred" towards muslims. And thats the last thing needed at this time.

Noora_z3
05-16-2006, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding

Really? What movies are you thinking about? The evil people in Hollywood still usually have a German accent IMHO :). And through most of the Cold war nobody cared one bit about Muslims, it was always the Russians that planned something.
How many Germans and Russians live in USA?
In addition to that, WW2 and Cold war r history now...but 9/11 is the present.

This movies n any such movie at this particular time wont bring any good to American or Muslims (Arabs or not Arab), u see wat was its result?:

A freind' son studying at present in San Diego, California, called me to tell that a few days ago, he and his wife were terrified by the intensity of hatred produced by the film in the minds of viewers there. According to him, the faces of viewers as they left the theater were hot with anger as they cursed Arabs and abused Muslims.

primitivefuture
05-16-2006, 08:51 PM
The West are using the media as a tool to degrade Islam. We must use media to retore respect, truth, and peace.

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by primitivefuture
The West are using the media as a tool to degrade Islam. We must use media to retore respect, truth, and peace.
Salaam

LOL the media good luck

primitivefuture
05-16-2006, 08:55 PM
LOL the media good luck
What's funny? Is this not the truth. The media has caused violence and hatred towards Muslims.

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 08:58 PM
What's funny? Is this not the truth. The media has caused violence and hatred towards Muslims.
Salaam

Subhanallah, may allah forgive me luck there is no such thing, Anyway I was laughing at the fact us muslims controling the media.

primitivefuture
05-16-2006, 09:00 PM
haha, no. That what WE NEED to do. Inshallah we will indeed control the media soon.

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 09:02 PM
haha, no. That what WE NEED to do. Inshallah we will indeed control the media soon.
:sl:

How.

primitivefuture
05-16-2006, 09:10 PM
How.
As you know, Westerner's view of Islam is very tarnished. They have concluded Islam to be barbaric and primitive, Muslims to be terrorists, and have made humiliating commentary and cartoons of Muhammad. We need to play fire with fire. Here's how.

1.) Start publications that expose the truth about Israeli and Jewish terrorism. For instance, few know that Sharon committed war crimes and terrorism against Palestinian refugees during his involvement in Unit 101. We must have a balanced view. Israel has their share of injustice and bloodshed. Muslim media must be established to expose this.

2.) We must use media to show the right vision of Islam. Islam is a religion of peace, and most people won't know this if Western media is showing another terrorist attack in the Middle East everyday. They love to degrade Muslims every way possible and media is very useful here.

3.) We must use media to unite all Muslims all over the world. We are under threat. Its known that Muslims are discriminated in Europe and anti-Muslim laws have already been passed. For instance, in France, women are no longer allowed to wear burka. We must unite Muslims and educate them about the injustice so that we can mobilize movement and take action.

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 09:16 PM
As you know, Westerner's view of Islam is very tarnished. They have concluded Islam to be barbaric and primitive, Muslims to be terrorists, and have made humiliating commentary and cartoons of Muhammad. We need to play fire with fire. Here's how.

1.) Start publications that expose the truth about Israeli and Jewish terrorism. For instance, few know that Sharon committed war crimes and terrorism against Palestinian refugees during his involvement in Unit 101. We must have a balanced view. Israel has their share of injustice and bloodshed. Muslim media must be established to expose this.

2.) We must use media to show the right vision of Islam. Islam is a religion of peace, and most people won't know this if Western media is showing another terrorist attack in the Middle East everyday. They love to degrade Muslims every way possible and media is very useful here.

3.) We must use media to unite all Muslims all over the world. We are under threat. Its known that Muslims are discriminated in Europe and anti-Muslim laws have already been passed. For instance, in France, women are no longer allowed to wear burka. We must unite Muslims and educate them about the injustice so that we can mobilize movement and take action.
Salaam

SOunds good inshallah you'll succeed.

imaad_udeen
05-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Muslims need to strongly voice their opinion against all acts of terrorism. Especially when it is committed by Muslims (who should know better).

Then maybe the average Westerner would listen.

Till then they look at us as hypocrits. Bemoaning Israel and America and Bush while praising or turning a blind eye to Palestinian suicide bombers, AQ attacks and praising groups like Hamas and men like bin Laden and al-Zarqawi.

Until we shun those among us who use such despicable methods we shall never be free of the suspicion.

MHO.

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Muslims need to strongly voice their opinion against all acts of terrorism. Especially when it is committed by Muslims (who should know better).

Till then they look at us as hypocrits. Bemoaning Israel and America and Bush while praising or turning a blind eye to Palestinian suicide bombers, AQ attacks and praising groups like Hamas and men like bin Laden and al-Zarqawi.

Until we shun those among us who use such despicable methods we shall never be free of the suspicion.

MHO.
Salaam

Subhanallah bro, this thread isn't here to discuss either of them two brothers.

Nicola
05-16-2006, 10:35 PM

MHO.
Your exactly right...This is what the westerns have a problem with..

Example...from what I've seen on forums throughout the western world..we see large demo in france and the Uk because Muslim woman aren't able to wear their head covering in school...
What the west wants to see...is the same large demos from Muslims against the beheadings also when they happen...

I know many, many Muslims say they disagree with these beheadings and they are not Islamic I know... But the silence from Muslims general public...when they happen is deafening to the west...and is speaking volumes..

The west think you don't care, because enough don't speak up...the west think it is part of Islam..even though it's not..because Muslims are silent

demorate for head scaves but not innocent people being beheaded and it's being done in the name of Islam...these are the people who are disgracing your religion...the west is standing by and watching...

I don't intend to offend...but this is some of what the west is feeling.
Peace

primitivefuture
05-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Christian nuns also wear head covering. I dont see the difference. This is indeed hypocracy.

Nicola
05-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Christian nuns also wear head covering. I dont see the difference. This is indeed hypocracy.
I know you see it that way...but can westerns go into a Muslim country and do has they please..or do they have to follow the law of the land.

but that isn't the point I am making here..Yes demonstrate for your head coverings you have every right too...but why can't we see the same force and compassion for innocent people who are being beheading by so called Muslims.

Noora_z3
05-16-2006, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
but that isn't the point I am making here..Yes demonstrate for your head coverings you have every right too...but why can't we see the same force and compassion for innocent people who are being beheading by so called Muslims.
Most of the beheading is happening in Iraq, we love that country, that country is experiancing an ugly war where lots of things happening there....should we be botherd bout more than 100,000 Iraqis who died since the invasion or worry bout One million child that died since the sanctions? Or bout the tourture the Iraqi prisonars going through? ...We r humans with feelings...we r hurt...but still we did condom these beheading...did we do it enough?...I think we did...

Nicola
05-16-2006, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noora_z3
Most of the beheading is happening in Iraq, we love that country, that country is experiancing an ugly war where lots of things happening there....should we be botherd bout more than 100,000 Iraqis who died since the invasion or worry bout One million child that died since the sanctions? Or bout the tourture the Iraqi prisonars going through? ...We r humans with feelings...we r hurt...but still we did condom these beheading...did we do it enough?...I think we did...
Of course anyone with any feeling would be upset with what is happening in Iraq...OK USA and UK started this...but why are Iraqis contintuing it, what is wrong with them..they are acting like animals to each other?...why won't they stop? because of power of this earthly world....
2 people sent those troops in...Iraq...

Sorry I must have missed those demonstations...which countries where they held in?

imaad_udeen
05-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Salaam

Subhanallah bro, this thread isn't here to discuss either of them two brothers.
Well, why dont you call out the other brothers who brought up taking over the media.

Dont just pick me out because of my opinions.

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Well, why dont you call out the other brothers who brought up taking over the media.

Dont just pick me out because of my opinions.

Look I know what you ment by the comments, just keep them to yourself how about we all just take care of our iman and future we'd be alot better, the other brother didn't mean any haram.

Noora_z3
05-16-2006, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
Of course anyone with any feeling would be upset with what is happening in Iraq...OK USA and UK started this...but why are Iraqis contintuing it, what is wrong with them..they are acting like animals to each other?...why won't they stop? because of power of this earthly world....
2 people sent those troops in...Iraq...

Sorry I must have missed those demonstations...which countries where they held in?
Condoming such an act doesnt have to take the form of demonesteration, I have read plenty of Articals, and I know, lot more than wat I have read, has been published in many newspapers.

imaad_udeen
05-16-2006, 11:22 PM

Look I know what you ment by the comments, just keep them to yourself how about we all just take care of our iman and future we'd be alot better, the other brother didn't mean any haram.
No, I won't keep them to myself. I feel strongly about them. When a brother puts up his opinion on how to get the west to view Muslims in a realistic light then I am going to post my opinion on the same subject.

I get the feeling you don't like what I have to say, which is your right. But it is not your position to tell me I can't say it.

*charisma*
05-16-2006, 11:24 PM
In the name of Allah, the most gracious and most merciful
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatallahi wa baraktu

Don't watch the movie, and practice your deen correctly, urge others to do the same, and inshallah there won't be any problems.

Since Sept. 11, there have been conversion to Islam, simply because people were curious, maybe this movie would also make them curious, Allahu A'lem.

The world can't get any worse than it already is, the Hour has already begun to close in, prepare yourselves for that more inshallah. A movie isn't going to change the minds of many if what they see in the real world is apparent to them.

fi aman Allah
walaikum asalaam wa rahatallahi wa baraktu

Nicola
Condoming such an act doesnt have to take the form of demonesteration, I have read plenty of Articals, and I know, lot more than wat I have read, has been published in many newspapers.
well it is up to Muslims what they do...and what they think is important to demonstrate over.

I'm just saying how the west in general see it.

Yes I seen the odd Muslim speak out against the beheadings in newpapers and on the news...but it just doesn't have the same impact somehow as a demo.

Ghazi
No, I won't keep them to myself. I feel strongly about them. When a brother puts up his opinion on how to get the west to view Muslims in a realistic light then I am going to post my opinion on the same subject.

I get the feeling you don't like what I have to say, which is your right. But it is not your position to tell me I can't say it.

Listen brother I don't want an argument but when you keep talking about my brothers when the discussion isn't even about them is wrong and I'll stand up for them.

primitivefuture
05-16-2006, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by charisma
Since Sept. 11, there have been conversion to Islam, simply because people were curious, maybe this movie would also make them curious, Allahu A'lem.
Sister, do you have any proof of this?

Salaam.

*charisma*
05-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I sort of assumed it since it was obvious to me, but here's some proof anyway:
CAIR chairman Nihad Awad told the Saudi paper 'Ukaz that "34,000 Americans have converted to Islam following the events of September 11, and this is the highest rate reached in the U.S. since Islam arrived there."(2)
source

A year and a half has passed since September 11th 2001. Now you would have thought that the events of 9/11 would have made non-Muslims hate Islam and the Muslims forever.

You would have thought that the September 11 attacks would have damaged the name of Islam forever but you know what…

It made many people study Islam to understand who exactly the Muslims are and what they’re all about. It made people go out and buy the Koran and as a result many British, Americans and non-Muslims across the world have accepted Islam! The huge interest in Islam since September 11 has brought a massive increase in conversions to Islam as never ever seen before
source

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

imaad_udeen
05-16-2006, 11:36 PM

Listen brother I don't want an argument but when you keep talking about my brothers when the discussion isn't even about them is wrong and I'll stand up for them.
Who are you standing up for?

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Who are you standing up for?

bin Laden and al-Zarqawi.

primitivefuture
05-16-2006, 11:41 PM
I stand for Bin Laden as well. Though I dont agree with much he says, at least he's taking necessary actions. He's no lazy Muslim who bows to the will of Westerners. Thats admirable.

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 11:42 PM

Note: I don't agree with their views but their still my brothers.

*charisma*
05-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

^^ok enough you two, continue this through pm or something, but remember you both are brothers, you weren't meant to act like it, you already are, so in the name of Allah subhana wa ta'ala, stop!

إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ إِخْوَةٌ فَأَصْلِحُوا بَيْنَ أَخَوَيْكُمْ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُرْحَمُونَ
The Believers are but a single Brotherhood: So make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear Allah, that ye may receive Mercy. -49:10

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

imaad_udeen
05-17-2006, 12:08 AM

That is sad. I'll pray for you as well as them to see the light.

Ghazi
05-17-2006, 12:42 AM
That is sad. I'll pray for you as well as them to see the light.
Salaam

I know allah doesn't like those who argue so I'll drop it for his sake alone.

samobosna96
05-17-2006, 01:00 AM
I never watched the movie but i might so i can see and hear what people think coming out.

if anyone watched it did they mention that Bush knocked down those towers and bombed the pentagon and shot down the plane in pennsalvenyia???

hitler biurned down the reichstage and blamed it on communists and jews to launch wars..... i guess history does repeat its self....

but you cant be too surprised the film is very anti-islamic i bet that almost half of all the crew were jewish.... thats not anti-semetism.. just an observance.....

go to google video and watch PLANET OF THE ARABS i guess we can add this movie to this short video too.....

imaad_udeen
05-17-2006, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by samobosna96
if anyone watched it did they mention that Bush knocked down those towers and bombed the pentagon and shot down the plane in pennsalvenyia???
Considering that there is no reliable evidence any of that happened, it is not in the film.

hitler biurned down the reichstage and blamed it on communists and jews to launch wars..... i guess history does repeat its self....
Hitler burned down the Reichstag to get emergency powers granted, not to go to war. The war came many years later.

but you cant be too surprised the film is very anti-islamic i bet that almost half of all the crew were jewish.... thats not anti-semetism.. just an observance.....
Actually that would be pretty close to anti-semetism. You are infering that because the film might be "very anti-Islamic" then the crew must be Jewish.

Hence, Jews must be anti-Islamic.

SilentObserver
12-19-2006, 07:59 AM
Just watched this movie. It is amazing how even when we know the outcome, we still sit on the edge of our seats, just waiting for the passengers to overrun the terrorists. I liked the movie.

Keltoi
12-19-2006, 05:31 PM
At first I was against the movie being made, simply because I thought it was too soon. After watching it though I think it's a good thing. People need to know what those people went through, and the lives they more than likely saved by doing what they did. I know that Hollywood has a tendency to look at the bottom line and not common decency, but I think this film is important in understanding who these people were and why they did what they did.

MTAFFI
12-19-2006, 09:47 PM
i think some of you who think that this movie is fiction and that the whole 9/11 was a government plot are completely idiotic, lost, and primitive in your views and lives. Maybe all of these killings we hear of in Palestine everyday are really Hamas killing their own people to help wage war against Israel:grumbling I guess the bombs in London were not Muslim Terrorist either right, this was just another government plot, right? Get a grip, just apologize for what your "brothers" did and accept that they are mindless wackos!!:rant:

You want Islam to be viewed for what it really is, then act the way it really teaches you to act. You demonstrate against the cartoons but will not demonstrate and riot against those who behead your neighbors. The Iraq war could be over tomorrow if the people in Iraq would just mass together, say we are not taking this anymore and turn over all of the people involved in the mindless violence.

How about this, I think that it is the Muslims creating the conspiracy here, the conspiracy of the "evil" west. We are just trying to help you people. Really, many of you lived in shacks less than a decade ago and in the Iraqi-Iranian region over half of the people are unemployed and living in poverty. What makes you think the US wants to be there and take what Iraq has, Iraq is an ugly country with nothing to offer other than oil and i can gaurantee you the US will never see a free drop of that, so what is the motive behind the US invading Iraq?

This movie is a good thing, it shows what these Muslim extremist are capable of, and I can promise you if I am ever on a plane that is being taken over, I will think of this movie and the brave people represented in it and and act as they did, and there will be four or six or eight less of the extremist to worry about.

Muezzin
12-19-2006, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
Get a grip, just apologize for what your "brothers" did and accept that they are mindless wackos!!:rant:
I agree with much of what you say apart from that. I am not going to apologise for something I did not do. I will, however, condemn it.

I've not seen the movie so I cannot comment on it.

Hijrah
12-19-2006, 11:25 PM
I went to theaters to see the movie and I regret doing so. SMH @ some of you seeing a silly movie that is nothing more than a portrayal and acting like it was the real thing...but either way just if you saw the movie and see how it starts with "bismillah-hir-rahman-ir-raheem" there is def. a level of islamophobia, but we choose to live here-we tolerate it, personally I don't think we have any business here and the reasons that most Muslims come here is haraam and unless we give da'wah we don't belong here. I wonder though, could it harm them if they portrayed the story of the plane that hit the twin towers instead and showed Mr. Vodka aka Muhammad Atta hitting the strip club a day before the attacks?

Hijrah
12-19-2006, 11:30 PM
How many Germans and Russians live in USA?
In addition to that, WW2 and Cold war r history now...but 9/11 is the present.

This movies n any such movie at this particular time wont bring any good to American or Muslims (Arabs or not Arab), u see wat was its result?:
there you go...see how people act over silly movies?!

MTAFFI
12-20-2006, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I agree with much of what you say apart from that. I am not going to apologise for something I did not do. I will, however, condemn it.

I've not seen the movie so I cannot comment on it.
i was on a little bit of a rant there, i dont expect everyone to apologize, more like what you said simply condemn it and acknowledge that what was done was wrong and not try to rationalize.

strider
12-20-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm in agreement with MTAFFI on this one.

Why are people so quick to jump up and say the movie is islamophobic? The hijackers were Muslim, so why not portray them to be Muslims in the movie too?

MTAFFI
12-20-2006, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
I went to theaters to see the movie and I regret doing so. SMH @ some of you seeing a silly movie that is nothing more than a portrayal and acting like it was the real thing...but either way just if you saw the movie and see how it starts with "bismillah-hir-rahman-ir-raheem" there is def. a level of islamophobia, but we choose to live here-we tolerate it, personally I don't think we have any business here and the reasons that most Muslims come here is haraam and unless we give da'wah we don't belong here. I wonder though, could it harm them if they portrayed the story of the plane that hit the twin towers instead and showed Mr. Vodka aka Muhammad Atta hitting the strip club a day before the attacks?
i find it amusing that you turn this into Islamophobia. Why dont we ever here Westernophobia? I dont here Death to Islam being chanted in America :heated: Just because a movie was made on true events about some Muslims gone bad, doesnt make it Islamophobia, it makes you making excuses for whatever reason, perhaps you wish you could have been in the movie.

What you need to understand is these events did transpire and will now be a part of history forever. You also need to understand that the majority of America is smarter than given credit for, and we do realize that it is not Muslims or Islam, it is extremist. Think about that, are you sticking up for the extremist and making excuses for them :?

MTAFFI
12-20-2006, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
i find it amusing that you turn this into Islamophobia. Why dont we ever here Westernophobia? I dont here Death to Islam being chanted in America :heated: Just because a movie was made on true events about some Muslims gone bad, doesnt make it Islamophobia, it makes you making excuses for whatever reason, perhaps you wish you could have been in the movie.

What you need to understand is these events did transpire and will now be a part of history forever. You also need to understand that the majority of America is smarter than given credit for, and we do realize that it is not Muslims or Islam, it is extremist. Think about that, are you sticking up for the extremist and making excuses for them :?
i just realize in my second sentence i spelled "hear" as "here" i apologize for seeming illiterate, please accept this as a correction;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.