/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tech Stuff

Shukria
05-16-2006, 02:03 AM
:sl:
Just looked through the forum, couldn't find nuffin about techy stuff...I was wondering whether any1 knows how to change an audio stream to an audio file on ipod..:rollseyes ...I got some files dat can't get transferred to ma ipod coz it's in audio stream...
Jazikullah in advance

:w:

P.S Any1 dat has problems with other techie stuff could also post n mayb some peeps could help...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
saidaharther
05-19-2006, 09:35 PM
salam alaikum sister
there is program called soundforge it does very good job you can convert it to anything almost
salam alaikum

czgibson
05-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukria
Just looked through the forum, couldn't find nuffin about techy stuff...I was wondering whether any1 knows how to change an audio stream to an audio file on ipod..:rollseyes ...I got some files dat can't get transferred to ma ipod coz it's in audio stream...
It depends what format the stream is in. Check what the file extension is (if you're using realplayer it'll be .ram or .rm), then just type, for example, .ram mp3 into a search engine and you should be able to find an audio conversion program that will do it.

Peace

Shukria
05-19-2006, 09:41 PM
It's an MPEG audio stream..I hav got few lectures dat I wanna convert so I can listen to dem in ma Ipood..I can listen dem in Itunes..But it won't convert...Any ideas..Tried to search for converters but i couldn't find some for MPEG audio stream to convert to MPEG audio file...???????????
Thnx

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
05-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukria
It's an MPEG audio stream..I hav got few lectures dat I wanna convert so I can listen to dem in ma Ipood..I can listen dem in Itunes..But it won't convert...Any ideas..Tried to search for converters but i couldn't find some for MPEG audio stream to convert to MPEG audio file...???????????
Thnx
That's weird. What type of MPEG? I mean, MPEG level 3 = mp3, and MPEG level 4 = m4a. Both of those formats are playable in iTunes.

Do these files appear in your library in iTunes? If so I can't see why they won't go across to your iPod.

Peace

Shukria
05-19-2006, 09:49 PM
It's MPEG4..I kno...I thought watever u can play in ITunes, should b able to play dem on da Ipod..It won't allow coz it's in audio stream so wondering how to...

saidaharther
05-19-2006, 09:53 PM
salama laikum sister
maybe because the file has 'DMA' protection, some files have copyright so maybe u can tplay them unless it doesnt require liscence
like sami yusuf nasheeds.

in that case i just tape the nasheed using total recorder and then it should work
salam alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.