/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Why Why???

------
05-16-2006, 07:32 PM
:sl:

What I do not like is that some People that are born Muslim and in the fold of Islam just take it for granted and do not fulfil their responsibility as a Muslim......... :heated:

Why do they do that?! :?

Whereas reverts, in accordance with 'born-muslims' fulfil the responsibility of being a Muslim more.....!

Subhanallah........! :thumbs_up

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
05-16-2006, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah

Why do they do that?! :?

Whereas reverts, in accordance with 'born-muslims' fulfil the responsibility of being a Muslim more.....!

i think its bcoz reverts have seen the real reality n the truth unlike 'born-muslims'
Allah knows best:)
wasalaam

Musaafirah
05-16-2006, 07:36 PM
I guess it's all to do with education..where some people are born into muslim families and they are not taught the basics of Islam in an appopriate manner and feel that being a muslim is more of a burden than anything..whereas reverts enter the fold of Islam wholeheartedly after finding out about the religion themselves..I guess..

Ghazi
05-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Salaam

Everyone is born muslim, the statment about the reverts isn't correct they too will have the same tests as everyone else and go through ups and downs iman wise.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SolaceinIslam
05-17-2006, 06:50 AM

I have seen this myself. In my opinion, several factors come into play....

Reverts CHOOSE to become muslim, sometimes it is a very difficult decision and one really has to be sure you are making the right decision since it impacts on your whole life. "Born" Muslims are raised as Muslims and they never really have to make such a choice.

The older generation of "born" muslims sometimes do not question some of the traditions and things they were told when they were younger. When they have children, they also expect them to just accept and not to question whereas reverts question everything. Understanding something makes it easier to practise it. Education is therefore important.

Also, children usually follow the example of their parents. Should the parents not really practise, chances are the children won't either.

syilla
05-17-2006, 07:01 AM
yeah... the born muslims... usually take for granted

can't deny the fact

glo
05-17-2006, 08:54 PM
The same happens in Christianity.

Perhaps some people being born into a religion just go through the motions of following their parent's faith, rather than really thinking about it ... whereas converts have gone through a process of seeking, finding and deepening their chosen faith.

It is the reason why some Christians refer to themselves as being 'born again' - it's a conscious decision to follow Christ, rather than having the faith put upon you by your parents, when you are young.

I feel that people who are brought up in any faith also have to go through a process of making a whole-hearted decision for themselves to follow that faith - if not they will just be fake believers.

Peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-17-2006, 09:00 PM

ukhti mashAllah u've stated sumthing great indeed! Reverts come into islam because they have attained iman, and have found the truth. The muslims that are raised as muslims havent exactly fully accepted islam yet... i think thats the sad fact.

They are muslim by name but do they really believe? Most of them are probably waiting to seriously find the truth for themselves and when they find it i think thats when they start acting like practising muslims be that at the age of 13 or 60. Every1 has there time so like i sed before, lets look at every human as a possible muslim and at every muslim as a possible mu'min and at every mu'min as a possible mufti :p

SAHIH BUKHARI

Volume 2, Book 17, Number 148:
Narrated Zaid bin Khalid Al-Juhani:

Allah's Apostle led the morning prayer in Al-Hudaibiya and it had rained the previous night. When the Prophet (p.b.u.h) had finished the prayer he faced the people and said, "Do you know what your Lord has said?" They replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." (The Prophet said), "Allah says, 'In this morning some of My worshipers remained as true believers and some became non-believers; he who said that it had rained with the blessing and mercy of Allah is the one who believes in Me and does not believe in star, but he who said it had rained because of such and such (star) is a disbeliever in Me and is a believer in star.' "
^ hadith like this shake my insides to tears man im telling you sometimes i find it hard to wake up for fajr and then when i wake up i cant stop thinking am i really a believer?

You see mayb some of those muslim boys/girls we see around are just confused, maybe they will end up being way better practising muslims then us, i mean how duz a boy who use to listen to music/write poetry and watch movies a lot go to quittin EVERYTHING fi-sabillilah (talkin bout my personal experience), its Allahs guidance and its what everyone awaits inshaAllah :)

chacha_jalebi
05-17-2006, 09:06 PM
salaam

islam is lik a gift, u accept it den ur kool, u reject it den ur a retard :p

muslims dat r born in2 islam, take islam 4 granted, dey fail 2 realise its tru beauty, n i tink quite a lot of dem change d deen 2 suit der own needs,

wen d reverts, dey r happy dat Allah (swt) has accepted dem n showed dem d lite n dey r thankful 4 it, wer sum ppl r born in2 islam n dey stil aint seen d lite, inshallah Allah (swt) will make us all true mu'mins man!!! :)

------
05-18-2006, 07:45 AM
SAHIH BUKHARI

Volume 2, Book 17, Number 148:
Narrated Zaid bin Khalid Al-Juhani:

Allah's Apostle led the morning prayer in Al-Hudaibiya and it had rained the previous night. When the Prophet (p.b.u.h) had finished the prayer he faced the people and said, "Do you know what your Lord has said?" They replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." (The Prophet said), "Allah says, 'In this morning some of My worshipers remained as true believers and some became non-believers; he who said that it had rained with the blessing and mercy of Allah is the one who believes in Me and does not believe in star, but he who said it had rained because of such and such (star) is a disbeliever in Me and is a believer in star.' "
Subhan'Allah this hadith is beautiful!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!