/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did you know?

Ra`eesah
05-08-2005, 05:23 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

In the name of Allah the Most Merciful, the most Beneficent

Count Allah's blessings

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep ... you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace ... you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness ... you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation...you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can pray in mosque without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death ... you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.

If your parents are still alive an d still married ... you are very rare.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful... you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.

Have a good day, count your blessings to thank ALLAH, and remind everyone else how blessed we all are. Alhumdulillah.

~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mr. Baldy
05-08-2005, 11:37 AM
aslaam alykum,

because it is halal and fun!!!^^^^^^

that is a very important reminder subhanallah......

wa alykum aslaam

The Ruler
05-08-2005, 03:15 PM
:sl:

i think of Allah's blessings not in any ordinary place but in a very stupid place:-[ when i dont have anything to do :-[ :-[

:w:

Ibn Syed
05-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Did you get that from Pearls of Wisdom? It's one of my favs.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
05-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Alhamdulillah

barakallah feeki for that reminder

أحمد
05-08-2005, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey
Assalamu'Alaykum

In the name of Allah the Most Merciful, the most Beneficent

Count Allah's blessings

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep ... you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace ... you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness ... you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation...you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can pray in mosque without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death ... you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.

If your parents are still alive an d still married ... you are very rare.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful... you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.

Have a good day, count your blessings to thank ALLAH, and remind everyone else how blessed we all are. Alhumdulillah.

~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~~ :wilted_ro ~

:D Alhamdulillah Wash-Shukrulillah . . . :shade:

h1jabi_sista
05-08-2005, 03:41 PM
jazakallah!

may allah subhana watha allah make us grateful for what we have inshallah. ameen

Bint Abdusattar
05-08-2005, 03:44 PM

MAshallah great reminders. Alhumdollilah Allah SWT has blessed us with so much - saying Alhumdolliah is not enough to be greatful for them - true greatfulness shows when we use them in the right way eg:

- eating food - eat enough to give you energy to do halaal works. To do haram deeds with the energy one gets from food is ungratefulness

- money - first cleanse the wealth by giving zakat or sadaquah and then only spend on halaal things. Do not sqander it as it does not show appreciation of it.

- good health - what do you do with the good health you are blessed with? Are you using your physical self to help people in need or wasting it on haraam works.
Jist of Hadith: 2 rakaaats of Salaat Doha is the sadaqah given for 360 joints of the body

- loneliness - which of us is ever loly - do sadaqah and keep someone company or share your knowlege. AN imaam said ( i don't know which one) "i learn from everone - even the foolish ones" ie learn by not doing the wrong that the foolish ones do

- whats the most fear that we have - someone calling us names? if someone does fear then accompay them to the masjid

- even a smile is a sadaqah - spread the love byb smiling :D

- use your eyesight in the beat possible way - read, learn and pass on the knowledge. Show greatfulness as there are 7 angels protecting each eye.

*charisma*
04-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

*BUMP*

Alhemdulilah!!

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

extinction
04-24-2006, 07:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

*BUMP*

Alhemdulilah!!

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
what was that??? al7amdulillah nice article read it before but not grateful enough.......inshallah a few more reads and I might get there

Muslim Soldier
04-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Thank you for that remider.

Sunflower
04-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Alhamdullialah for all that we have in our lifes and Jazakallah for the post sis

'Abd al-Baari
11-24-2007, 11:41 PM

^Bump^

Subhanallah, Jazakallah Khair sita Raeesah for sharing

Camomilla
11-27-2007, 04:07 PM
thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair!

The Ruler
11-27-2007, 06:05 PM

Nice post. But I can't leave without this:

I quite think that if you're able to afford a refrigerator, you must be rich enough. Right?

I remember when we were poor, we had to cool the pepsi bottles in front of the air conditioner. Ahhh... The old days and the old ways.

-Elle-
11-29-2007, 03:23 AM
Ohh..thanks for bumping this thread back up..or else I would've never seen it:uuh:

Jazak'allah kheir for sharing,great post...a real eye-opener huh..

I'll be sure to save this somewhere and read it whenever im stressed out(actually,I was stressed out right about now,which is why im in the humour section of LI.lol)

jouju
12-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Alhamdulillah...thanx sis

Some statements brot tears in my eyes...we take most things for granted...like going to d mosque

noorseeker
12-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Salam. Great post brother, may we all inshallah be grateful for what we have and no worry about the things we have not got.

smile
12-03-2007, 06:05 PM
thanks for sharing
i will be a lot more grateful from now on

Abida
12-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Allhamdulillah, thanks for this post, we alll should be grateful..

Abdul-Raouf
12-10-2007, 02:21 AM
Alhamdulillah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!