/* */

PDA

View Full Version : question on 'MADAD'

Hawa
05-16-2006, 11:51 PM
I have a problem with the lyrics in this song, [im sorry if this has been posted before], but doesnt this song go against the rule of not swearing by anything other than Allah swt? and isnt praying to the Prophet (saw) to give us strength bordering on shirk if not shirk itself?
I find it weird that this nasheed is so popular can someone correct me if im wrong..here are the lyrics..

Madad [Earth..Peace]
"Madad " .. Give me strength
"Madad " ..O ' Messenger of God
I swear by the Qur'an
And by the Chapter of "Humanity"
That Justice will be done to each and everyone
I swear by the "Night-Flight"
And the virtue of Virgin Mary
That the spilling of any blood is decreed sinful by God
The psalms of Messiah
A message that is free
Let there be peace on earth
And joy to all human kind
I swear by the keys of heavens
And by the Chapter of "Prohibition"
That I remain engulfed in my love
For the messenger of God

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
05-16-2006, 11:55 PM
:sl:

Subhanllah yes it is shirkus humans can only swear by allah alone but allah can swear by anything he likes, It just goes to show some muslims are busy with nasheeds but not focusing on knowladge and thus making such errors.

Hawa
05-17-2006, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
:sl:

Subhanllah yes it is shirkus humans can only swear by allah alone but allah can swear by anything he likes, It just goes to show some muslims are busy with nasheeds but not focusing on knowladge and thus making such errors.

lol, how frank..
i'll pretend that doesnt apply to me
I dont listen to nasheeds I just recieved a CD of Yusuf Islam and friends (a london concert held last year I think..) anyway the lyrics in this song shocked me and I thought surely it wouldnt be so popular if its wrong..

Ghazi
05-17-2006, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hawa
lol, how frank..
i'll pretend that doesnt apply to me
I dont listen to nasheeds I just recieved a CD of Yusuf Islam and friends (a london concert held last year I think..) anyway the lyrics in this song shocked me and I thought surely it wouldnt be so popular if its wrong..
Salaam

Never ment you sis, I was talking about nasheed artists as a whole.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.