/* */

PDA

View Full Version : embracing Islam

searchingsoul
05-17-2006, 07:13 AM
My family is frightened 'cause I am studying Islam. They say I'll have to avoid non-muslims if I convert. Is the right?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
05-17-2006, 07:19 AM
no... not right...

u can friend with anyone u like...

but becareful with whom u befriended with...

SirZubair
05-17-2006, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
My family is frightened 'cause I am studying Islam. They say I'll have to avoid non-muslims if I convert. Is the right?
lol...no,not true at all.

Being in touch with non-muslims is actually a good thing,so that they can study your character,your behavior after you convert and after seeing the goodness in you,they might consider converting too.

Sometimes your behavior is the best way of preaching.

wa'salaam.

whitemuslimah
05-17-2006, 11:13 AM
salaams,
are you sure they are frightened because they think you'll have to avoid non muslims (if you convert) or more of the fact in itself that u might convert? Anyhow, you can be friends with whoever you want to, but if you do convert it is good to have a circle of muslim people around you so you grow and mature in your belief.

It is good to know you are studying islam.
peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
05-17-2006, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
Islam also encourages one to be good to their parents, neighbours, orphans, needy, acquaintances and people in general. So their faith does not make a difference at all.

However there are some things to know, if you do enter the folds of Islam you should be aware that even though you may have non Muslim aquaintances but you are not allowed to participate any longer in rituals to do with other religions such as: Christmas, Easter, etc. also the celebration of birthdays, going to parties with no gender segregation and associating with the opposite gender who is not a blood relation of yours, in priavte (1 on 1) is not allowed.

Islam is a complete way of life and has its own celebrations and occaisions. Once a person embraces Islam they must adopt the Islamic way of life and abandon their previous ways.

I hope that answers your question God willing.

Peace be upon you.

Bro Aku

IbnAbdulHakim
05-17-2006, 11:34 AM

:sl:
Sahih Bukhari

Volume 4, Book 53, Number 407:
Narrated Asma 'bint Abi Bakr:

During the period of the peace treaty of Quraish with Allah's Apostle, my mother, accompanied by her father, came to visit me, and she was a pagan. I consulted Allah's Apostle, "O Allah's Apostle! My mother has come to me and she desires to receive a reward from me, shall I keep good relation with her?" He said, "Yes, keep good relation with her."

^ This proves you can keep relations wiv non-muslims :) and good relations at that mashAllah.

:w:

05-17-2006, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

:sl:
Sahih Bukhari

Volume 4, Book 53, Number 407:
Narrated Asma 'bint Abi Bakr:

During the period of the peace treaty of Quraish with Allah's Apostle, my mother, accompanied by her father, came to visit me, and she was a pagan. I consulted Allah's Apostle, "O Allah's Apostle! My mother has come to me and she desires to receive a reward from me, shall I keep good relation with her?" He said, "Yes, keep good relation with her."

^ This proves you can keep relations wiv non-muslims :) and good relations at that mashAllah.

:w:
True but u shouldn't make them ur best friends.

Ayesha Rana
05-17-2006, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
True but u shouldn't make them ur best friends.
You should't make them friends and protectors by giving them preference over muslims but that doesn't mean you put on a NO-GO attitude.;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.