PDA

View Full Version : Lying Members



Z
05-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Salaam.

So brothers and sisters of this board, if there was a board member here who has been very nice to you and telling tales, and that these tales were of such calibe that they would make you feel and care for them ... i ask you how would you feel if you was to find out these tales were nothing but all lies?

What actions would you take against that member? What would you say to them?

Please, share your thoughts.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
05-17-2006, 11:23 AM
:sl:

I'd asl them to repent for their sin, after that don't know.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-17-2006, 11:24 AM

:sl:

Sabrun jameel, if u hav nothin good to say dont say anything, if your treated unjust then have sabr, two wrongs dont make a right, hide the sin of others and Allah will hide yours in the day of judgement inshaAllah.

:w:
Reply

akulion
05-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Salam Alaikum

Firstly it would be a little irresponsible to develop feelings for someone on a forum based on writing alone. However in this world all things are possible, so that was just an opinion of mine.

Secondly if a person has been lying to you then know that Allah swt does not love the decievers and liars. So you must tell the person that you know they are lying and that they should stop. If they dont listen to you then you go your way and they go their way. Simple as that.

Bro Aku
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
aamirsaab
05-17-2006, 11:37 AM
:sl:
I'd knock em the hell out. No, just kidding. I don't actually care about half of the members on this forum (well, its kinda hard to care about someone who you don't actually know in person), so all are welcome to lie to me anytime. I've got a life and its absolutely fantabulastic - someone lying to me on an internet forum won't lead me to depression and nor will it destroy my life :)

p.s; this post does not signify that lying is a good action nor does it imply that one should do it to me or others, but I guess it's each to his/her own.
Reply

searchingsoul
05-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Ask them what would motivate them to lie. Listen to the explanation (and hope it too isn't a lie!). Forgive them but be cautious in the future.
Reply

...
05-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Well i would probably ask them their reason for lying and then just tell them how i feel about them doing it. After that i'd probably just avoid them.
Reply

Muezzin
05-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Everybody lies. Especially on the Net.
Reply

SirZubair
05-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Everybody lies. Especially on the Net.
y...yo...you mean,...you're not a ghostbuster?

YOU LIER ! :X
Reply

Muhammad
05-17-2006, 12:09 PM
:sl:

I would want to know what was the purpose behind their lying? What have they gained? Surely, they could get that 'care' - or perhaps respect is a better word - on a friendly forum?

Also, we would need to see evidence for their lying...

:w:
Reply

IceQueen~
05-17-2006, 12:14 PM
i think i would try my best to tell them in the nicest possible way according to islam about the wrongness they're doing, and then pray for em...
remember even when musa(p) was told to give da'wah to pharoah, Allah said speak to him gently.:w:
Reply

...
05-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Everybody lies. Especially on the Net.
No actually - not every1! Lying is haram!!
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Everybody lies. Especially on the Net.

:sl:

Then i remind such people that Allah watches wat they say even on the net and its the intention which is the main thing. Lying is indeed haram!

:w:
Reply

Nicola
05-17-2006, 12:29 PM
I'd ask them...but doubt I would ever trust them again.
forgive and pray for them.
Reply

Muslim Soldier
05-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Z has anybody lied to you on this forum? (From your post it seems someone with quite a reputation did it)
Reply

Qurratul Ayn
05-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I would not care as he/she are the ones who lied and made me believe false things about him/her. Only Allah Ta'ala shall make them repay, I don't have to do anything. And anyways I would not care because I don't even know what the person may look like or who he/she is.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah
Reply

Hijaabi22
05-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

So brothers and sisters of this board, if there was a board member here who has been very nice to you and telling tales, and that these tales were of such calibe that they would make you feel and care for them ... i ask you how would you feel if you was to find out these tales were nothing but all lies?

What actions would you take against that member? What would you say to them?

Please, share your thoughts.
Well u shud think twice before trustin complete strangers :)

why lie eh? why oh why? ask them that:rollseyes
Reply

Hijaabi22
05-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Everybody lies. Especially on the Net.
speak 4 yaself, I NEVER LIE EVER i mean wats the point?:rollseyes
Reply

Nicola
05-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Shakirah
Assalamu Alaikum

I would not care as he/she are the ones who lied and made me believe false things about him/her. Only Allah Ta'ala shall make them repay, I don't have to do anything. And anyways I would not care because I don't even know what the person may look like or who he/she is.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah
I agree with you...but only if it where a total stranger...once you begin to care and have feelings for someone..I believe it makes alot of difference...attachments have been made.
But with a liar you don't know well..I wouldn't feel anything about them.

It really hurts to be lied to, when the lies are from someone you care for and thought they cared for you..
I agree also...God will judge them...and hopefully they will repent.
Reply

Muezzin
05-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Asma1
No actually - not every1! Lying is haram!!
Indeed. It's good if you've never told a lie.

Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
Then i remind such people that Allah watches wat they say even on the net and its the intention which is the main thing. Lying is indeed haram!
Yep. It doesn't stop some people lying anyway. Shame.
Reply

chacha_jalebi
05-17-2006, 12:56 PM
salaam

hmmm lol, ppl lie on d net its true wot muezzin bro sed,

dey lie cos dey get bullied in real life n dey want fame on d net :p

but bro d best tin u sud do is ...... listen 2 dis hadith

Prophet (saw) sed "4giv others so Allah (swt) can 4giv u also"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandddd

"he who keeps sum1s secrets (bad secret a sin or summin) Allah (swt) will keep his sins\secrets hidden on d day of judgement" :)

hope u get d msg!! :p
Reply

Nicola
05-17-2006, 12:57 PM
I see no reason at all to lie on the net...within a forum setting, people are here to discuss and debate

unless you are prentending to be someone you're really not..
this could be insecurities on their behalf..trying to make themselves important..or trying to trick people and gain trust..for bad motives.
Reply

Muezzin
05-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by ------------
speak 4 yaself, I NEVER LIE EVER i mean wats the point?:rollseyes
Cool. I wish more people had that attitude.
Reply

Silver Pearl
05-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

So brothers and sisters of this board, if there was a board member here who has been very nice to you and telling tales, and that these tales were of such calibe that they would make you feel and care for them ... i ask you how would you feel if you was to find out these tales were nothing but all lies?

What actions would you take against that member? What would you say to them?

Please, share your thoughts.
:wasalamex

I wouldn't take any action nor would i speak to them....people who do these kind of things are attention seekers and if you ignore them their errors actually hit them. Shows that there is an element of humanity within them. I don't think i'd have a go at them....not worth the hassle. Also there is a high chance that if you did reply you'd say something you might regret, so not worth it. What comes around goes around.

Muezzin-That is not true....not everyone on the net lies.
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

:sl:

Sabrun jameel, if u hav nothin good to say dont say anything, if your treated unjust then have sabr, two wrongs dont make a right, hide the sin of others and Allah will hide yours in the day of judgement inshaAllah.

:w:
SubhanAllah... i totally agree.
:w:
Reply

Muezzin
05-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
Muezzin-That is not true....not everyone on the net lies.
Here we go... :p Okay, I should have clarified my statement. I'm not saying everyone on the net lies. I'm saying everyone has lied at some point or another. Yes, there are exceptions, and cool for you if you're one of them. I'm not saying lying is correct or good, I'm just saying you must be one heck of a great guy/girl if you've never ever told a lie in your entire life.

The Internet does make it easier for people to lie, as countless child molesters and scammers have shown.

Lying's bad. It happens on the Internet a lot.
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Everybody lies. Especially on the Net.
Not necessarily. Lying is sad... and lying on the net is even more sad. What is the point of that? That's just pathetic.
:w:
Reply

Muezzin
05-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
Not necessarily. Lying is sad... and lying on the net is even more sad. What is the point of that? That's just pathetic.
:w:
Read the post ten pixels above yours;)
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Oh... are you accusing us of being child molesters/scammers?
EXCUSE ME!!!
Reply

Al-Mu'min
05-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Peace.

How do you know the person lied? SInce you don't know him/her, did he/she just tell you: "hey guess what...Everything i told you was bogus!!"

P.S Lying is bad.

Peace out.
Reply

Al-Mu'min
05-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
Oh... are you accusing us of being child molesters/scammers?
EXCUSE ME!!!
Peace.

Cool down on the GhostBuster. He was just giving you examples of people who do lie on the net.

Peace out.
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-17-2006, 03:08 PM
I was only joking.... but sorry M if i hurt your feelings.
:w:
Reply

HeiGou
05-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
I should have clarified my statement. I'm not saying everyone on the net lies. I'm saying everyone has lied at some point or another. Yes, there are exceptions, and cool for you if you're one of them. I'm not saying lying is correct or good, I'm just saying you must be one heck of a great guy/girl if you've never ever told a lie in your entire life.

The Internet does make it easier for people to lie, as countless child molesters and scammers have shown.

Lying's bad. It happens on the Internet a lot.
I think it is more common not to lie, but not to be entirely honest either. We all have our own view of ourselves and our motivation. When it comes to the internet we can put our best foot forward so to speak. Like brushing up a CV with all the good things and putting a positive spin on ourselves. So that can spill over into a lie, but it does not have to start out that way. If you asked my Mother a question about me you would get a very different answer than if you asked me. The internet prevents checking and we are not forced to be more honest about ourselves. Everyone is much nicer on the internet than they are in real life (and apparently more handsome, clever, well educated and wealthy too). Except for the people who are much much ruder. Again it is their self-image and the fact that they have no social discipline because their Mother isn't here.
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Uh... HeiGou, i'm not more polite ore more rude in the internet... what you see is what you get.
And it's lame to lie about yourself... where is the dignity in that?
Reply

*noor
05-17-2006, 03:21 PM
here's my opinion: People are more likely to lie in real life (off the internet) than on the internet.

either way its wrong, unless its one of those exceptions.
Reply

Halima
05-18-2006, 01:57 AM
:sl:

Please do remember one thing. Anyone that lies to your face are actually sinning within themselves because they will be the ones to pay from it sooner or later.


Allah (swt) watches are us all the time, so I wouldn't dare be mad or upset if I was lied to because I know that Allah(swt) will handle them sooner or later insha'Allah.


I know for a fact that I would be even more hurt if I found out that one of my friends had lied to me. By lying, you will face more harsh consequences then actually being honest.


If your honest, that will actually build more trust between you and the person. It will build a stronger bond. The stronger the bond, the stronger the friendship.

:w:
Reply

Hawa
05-18-2006, 03:35 AM
I had a similar problem and what I found most disturbing wasnt the fact that this person lied to me but that I had actually trusted a complete stranger!

Just because we have certain scruples about lying doesnt mean everyone shares the same sentiments..
Reply

dishdash
05-18-2006, 03:42 AM
On another forum I post on, there are a couple of ne'er do wells who pretend to be Moslem brothers and sisters, use Moslem avatars, names and even contribute to some of the lighter threads in a positive way in order to get their post-counts up. But then they troll in a serious and normally headlining thread and cause such fitna it makes you wince.

And these educated trolls know Islam and very much play on the 'you cannot call me a kaffir if I've called myself a Moslem' line. They try and challenge the very basics of Islam. Or attempt to prove halal that which is haram or prove haram that which is halal. They may appear ultra-conservative or they may appear ultra-liberal. They eventually slip up and get banned but inevitably come back. We can pick them out through their repeat use of same or similar IP addresses - the fools!

The trouble is, whether this is simple trolling for sh!ts and giggles or a more divisive and malicious agenda-driven trolling, is neither here nor there - in discussions with many points of view, there are impressionable young brothers and sisters who do not look at the intentions of these liars. They see simplistic arguments that appeal and stick with them - daleel is exchanged for glamourous 'easy' solutions etc. I mean come on, if there were easy solutions to any problem, they would have been solved in the last 1400 years, and certainly would not be causing division today.

Liars abound on the internet, no matter what our hearts would like us to believe. You have them here. I've made 70 excuses and more but I think the mods and certainly the administration need to be a little more pro-active on these people. They may be fun and a bit of an intellectual wrestling match on some levels and for some people. But for others, they are downright dangerous.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 10:41 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 03:52 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 05:41 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 12:41 PM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 08:23 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!