/* */

PDA

View Full Version : !~! Sadaqa !~!

Khayal
05-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Sadaqa
(Voluntary Charity)

:sl:
Sadqua is voluntary charity and can be given at any time in any amount to the needy. There is no sin upon the person if they do not give Sadqah, however to give it holds great rewards.
One's children, family, and relatives have precedence over others. It is not permissible to give sadaqah to a stranger when you and your dependents are in need of it.
It is related from Jabir that the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, said: "When one of you is poor, he starts with himself. If anything is left, he spends it on his dependents. If anything is (still left) then on his relatives, and then, if more is left, he spends it here and there."
The Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, said: "Give sadaqah." A man said: "I have a dinar." He replied: "Give it to yourself as sadaqah." He said: "I have another dinar." He replied: "Give it to your wife as sadaqah." He said: "I have another dinar." He replied: "Give it to your child as sadaqah." He said: "I have another dinar." He replied: "Give it to your servant as sadaqah." He said: "I have another dinar." He replied: "You would be able to assess better [to whom to give it]." This is related by Abu Dawud, an-Nasa'i, and Hakim. Hakim grades it as authentic.
The Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, said: "A man has sinned enough if he neglects to feed those in need." This is related by Muslim and Abu Dawud.

Hadith - Abu Dawood, Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man giving a dirham as sadaqah (charity) during his life is better than giving one hundred dirhams as sadaqah (charity) at the moment of his death.

Hadith - Sahih Al-Bukhari 8.50, Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah

The Prophet said, "Enjoining all that is good is a Sadaqa."

Hadith - Abu Dawood, Narrated Ata ibn Yasar

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Sadaqah may not be given to rich man, with the exception of five classes: One who fights in Allah's path, or who collects it, or a debtor, or a man who buys it with his money, or a man who has a poor neighbor who has been given sadaqah and gives a present to the rich man.

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi, Narrated Suraqah ibn Malik, r.a.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Shall I not guide you to the most excellent sadaqah? It is to provide for your daughter when she is sent back to you and has no one but you to provide for her." Ibn Majah transmitted it.

The Noble Qur'an Al-Baqarah 2:245

Who is he that will lend to Allâh a goodly loan so that He may multiply it to him many times? And it is Allâh that decreases or increases (your provisions), and unto Him you shall return.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah_here
05-18-2006, 02:53 PM
:sl:

MASHALLAh!! tat was very precise and to the point and hence i was able to read it all usually these kind of topics are very long and i end up skimming through them! :)

I didnt know that its sadakah if a daughter rEturns and her family then provides for her THEY get reward of sadakah if they took care of her needs , if only muslims were to impliment this in thier life so many daughter wouldnt be suffering on the hands of bad husbands who cant leav them caz their parents wont accept them. :(

JAZAKALLAH.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.