/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaam to a non mahram

Isma'el
05-18-2006, 10:20 AM
:sl:

is it ok to salaam a non mahram or to reply to a salaam from a non mahram..?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijaabi22
05-18-2006, 11:23 AM
hmmmmmm i dunno, any1?? help the bro

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Well I heard that that was the sunnah in the prophet's (SAW) time, to spread the salaam, but nowadays there is too much fitna so you should avoid it. Or, if you're a guy you should say a brother, say salaam to all your family for me. And that sisters shouldn't give the salaam first, but if it is given then you should say it quietly or under your breath, so that your fufill their rights.
This is what I heard.
I agree with this though, because their alot of weirdos that use the salaam as an excuse to chat you up. I think most sisters can agree with me on that.
But Allahu A'lam, if your intention is good then I think it is permissable.

akulion
05-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Salam Alaikum

Yes we can say salam to a non mahram and reply to their salam too as long as this is not done with a flirtitious intent or leads to chit chat between opposite gender.

Even after if you do say salam the other side assumes you are trying to get fresh and start some sort of chit chat - just tell them "sorry all i did was what Allah has commanded, so please stop, i did my duty as a muslim to bid you salam"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
05-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Salam,

I think if a member of the opposite gender gives salam, it's best to keep your eyes fixed firmly to the ground while replying and walk on. There's no need to pause or look at their face. This way it's possible to avoid fitnah if someone has the wrong intentions.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Good replies so far.(not talking about mine)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.