/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bad Apple

Panatella
05-19-2006, 03:13 AM
I am writing this out of frustration. Something is bothering me and I wonder if this bothers others as well.
I was recently posting on a thread entitled "a part of me died when I saw this cruel killing". On this thread a number of people were posting, and for the most part posts were respectful and flowing well. The discussion was providing much food for thought.
Then a certain person joined the discussion and really stirred things up. He was insulting and brash. The thread was hijacked. And while most kept things civil, this person continued the unacceptable posts until the entire thread was deleted.
My frustration is that, while I understand that the people running this forum must maintain order, I think it should be handled differently. The rest of us were having a good discussion, why should we all pay for the one bad apple? Why not provide a temporary ban or something, to give him time to cool off?

Any other people have the same concerns or questions? Has this happened to anyone else? Does it bother you too?

Anybody in charge have any comments about this? Perhaps some insight as to why it is done this way? Any chance the temporary ban thing could be implemented?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Soldier
05-19-2006, 03:21 AM
You get my vote. Anybody else

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-19-2006, 03:23 AM
:sl:

Questioning/protesting rules, or moderator's action, in public 20% warning

Please PM the Admin Ansar Al-Adl about your inquiry by clicking Here

:w:

Ps-:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.