/* */

PDA

View Full Version : fasting in north and south poles

amias
05-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Can anyone tell me how fasting is obsereved in north and south poles?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
05-19-2006, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amias
Can anyone tell me how fasting is obsereved in north and south poles?
I had a non-Muslim ask me that very question earlier today. Was a discussion over the fact that there is only one day and one night in a year each lasting 6 months.

My answer was they would observe in accordance with the time at Makkah.

Najiullah
05-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Read this artical about north and south pole fasting.
Edited

Najiullah
05-19-2006, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
source ?
it was a fwd email i got last month dont have any idea about the source.i think we must ask some scholar because its confusing (delete my priveous post)

Secondly:
Whoever lives in a land in which the sun does not set during the summer and does not rise during the winter, or who lives in a land in which the day lasts for six months and the night lasts for six months, for example, has to perform the five daily prayers in each twenty-four hour period. They should estimate their times based on the nearest country in which the times of the five daily prayers can be distinguished from one another, because it was proven in the hadeeth of the Isra’ and Mi’raaj (Prophet’s Night Journey and Ascent into Heaven) that Allaah enjoined on this ummah fifty prayers each day and night, then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) kept asking his Lord to reduce it until He said, “O Muhammad, they are five prayers each day and night, and for each prayer will be the reward of ten, that is fifty prayers…”

source
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...&QR=5842&dgn=4

http://www.salaam.co.uk/forum/read.p...&i=1788&t=1767

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
saidaharther
05-19-2006, 10:46 AM
i think that case is similar to end of tiem when dajjal will be with us, and one day will be same as 40 years, and companions asked 'so how do we pray', and he said like 'pray normal times' (meaning pray as if that day was divided into 365 times 40 days).

i think same for fasting
insha allah that correct :statisfie
salam alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.