/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Last Deed Counts the Most

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-19-2006, 10:35 AM
The Last Deed Counts the Most

Allah [the Exalted] is so Merciful upon us. Although we deliberately commit sin after sin, He continues to leave His door to forgiveness open.

Life of sin can become quite overwhelming. The thirst for the dunya cannot be quenched after commiting only one sin. It becomes a cycle; a cycle that we can only stop. Feeling remorse is the first step, followed by seeking forgiveness from the Al-Mighty. There's no better time than the present, for you never know when you'll be no more. Disparage not the little deeds--be it good or bad. And the most important deed is that which is our last.

There once lived two brothers. One of the brothers, who lived on the upper floor, was a devout worshipper of Allah. Day and night he would spend in serving his Lord. He was very confident in his Imaan, a little too much, actually. He wished Shaytaan would come and entice him so he could resist temptation and exceed his rank of righteousness.

On the other hand, the brother who lived on the ground floor was a mischevious, evil-doer. He was a hedonist and would seek pleasure in mundane things. Day and night he would succumb to his desires, not caring about the accountablity in the Hereafter.

One day, Shaytaan appeared before the pious brother [perhaps in the form of a man]. He said to him, "So very sad that you have spent 40 years inhibiting the satisfaction of your desires and tiring your body in worship. You have 40 more years left to live, you know;why don't you enjoy yourself and follow your lusts for a while? Then you can always repent and return to worship later on. After all, Allah is Most-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

The worshipper followed the advice 'the man' had given him and decided to join his brother. Since he was to live 4o more years, he thought he would spend the first 20 enjoying materialistic pleasures and the last 20 in seeking forgiveness.

At the same time, the evil brother was having a transformation of his own. He realized that all his life he had indulged in sin. He decided to reform himself, hoping Allah would forgive him for his past mistakes. This man, who had previously been a evil doer, would join his brother in his worship.

So, both brothers set out to what they had planned. As the brother from the top floor began coming down the stairs, he slipped and tumbled down the stairs, killing both himself and his brother.

The last deed is the one that counts the most.

Wassalaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmathullah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
saidaharther
05-19-2006, 10:38 AM
oh very sad for the one who was good before the end
insahlah allah gives us good khatimah amin
jazak allah hayr sister!
salam alaikum

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-19-2006, 10:43 AM
wa iyakkum ukhty.
That is why we should always pray to Allah for steadfastness. To many people think that iman is something they have achived, rather it is a gift from Allah.
:w:

*Sonya
05-24-2006, 04:41 PM
thnx for sharin

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MinAhlilHadeeth
06-08-2006, 01:48 PM
it's k sis;).
:w:

Umar001
06-08-2006, 03:52 PM
EDIT: Sorry Re-EDIT: I found the hadeeth so I will post it inshallah

Volume 8, Book 77, Number 593:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Allah's Apostle, the truthful and truly-inspired, said, "Each one of you collected in the womb of his mother for forty days, and then turns into a clot for an equal period (of forty days) and turns into a piece of flesh for a similar period (of forty days) and then Allah sends an angel and orders him to write four things, i.e., his provision, his age, and whether he will be of the wretched or the blessed (in the Hereafter). Then the soul is breathed into him.

And by Allah, a person among you (or a man) may do deeds of the people of the Fire till there is only a cubit or an arm-breadth distance between him and the Fire, but then that writing (which Allah has ordered the angel to write) precedes, and he does the deeds of the people of Paradise and enters it; and a man may do the deeds of the people of Paradise till there is only a cubit or two between him and Paradise, and then that writing precedes and he does the deeds of the people of the Fire and enters it."

A bro was tellin me this is a scary hadeeth specially for scholars and the likes.

Anyhow this is also recorded in Imam Nawawis 40 hadeeth, under Qadar.

shariq_0189
06-09-2006, 02:37 PM
nice story and hadeeth...liked the ending,.

Wahid
06-11-2006, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
EDIT: Sorry Re-EDIT: I found the hadeeth so I will post it inshallah

Volume 8, Book 77, Number 593:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Allah's Apostle, the truthful and truly-inspired, said, "Each one of you collected in the womb of his mother for forty days, and then turns into a clot for an equal period (of forty days) and turns into a piece of flesh for a similar period (of forty days) and then Allah sends an angel and orders him to write four things, i.e., his provision, his age, and whether he will be of the wretched or the blessed (in the Hereafter). Then the soul is breathed into him.

And by Allah, a person among you (or a man) may do deeds of the people of the Fire till there is only a cubit or an arm-breadth distance between him and the Fire, but then that writing (which Allah has ordered the angel to write) precedes, and he does the deeds of the people of Paradise and enters it; and a man may do the deeds of the people of Paradise till there is only a cubit or two between him and Paradise, and then that writing precedes and he does the deeds of the people of the Fire and enters it."

A bro was tellin me this is a scary hadeeth specially for scholars and the likes.

Anyhow this is also recorded in Imam Nawawis 40 hadeeth, under Qadar.

is this hadith Sahih? what would be the point of ur deeds than if ur destiny have been aleardy written for u and even u with ur deeds cant change it?
i need some clarifications on this

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-12-2006, 09:22 AM
I don't think that is what is meant. Allah Ta'ala simply already knows what the outcome will be. And that the best deeds are those that you do at the last time if your life, and the state in which you die really matters.
W'salaam

Wahid
06-14-2006, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
I don't think that is what is meant. Allah Ta'ala simply already knows what the outcome will be. And that the best deeds are those that you do at the last time if your life, and the state in which you die really matters.
W'salaam
salam
Yea that is what i think as well

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.