/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quran: How some of Mankind will worship God only by associating partners with Him...

Mu'maneen
05-08-2005, 11:51 PM
:sl:

Here is some more information from my website Inshah'Allah:

And most of them believe not in Allah
Except that they attribute partners unto Him!
(Surah Yusuf 12:106)

It is a sad fact that many people in the World today will not accept to worship God alone, without adding a part of creation to Him, the Most Gracious. A part of creation maybe a Human Being or a creation such as the Sun or Moon. So, some may say that they believe in God but then they will attribute a part of creation to Him. As Muslims, this is completely wrong as every sin may be forgiven except Shirk, associating partners to God.

There are two different types of Shirk this Ayat is revering to. Major Shirk, and Minor Shirk. We will look briefly into these two meanings.

Major Shirk is carried out in religions that do not follow Islam. For example, Christianity orders one to believe that Jesus ('AlyheeSalaam) was either the Son of God, or he was in fact God alone. They worship God through him. Other religions worship the Cow as God, or worship the Sun as God. So by worshiping through such creation, many believe that is the only way one will be in contact with God. With this in mind, they are forgetting that God is all-knowing and all-hearing. Why would a person need to worship through one part of creation in order to be in contact with God, when He, the Almighty is always there listening to our calls and pleas from our mouths and heart?

Minor Shirk is set up into two categories. Firstly, one may commit an action in the hope of being seen by others and then either being noticed as a religious or knowledgeable person, or they may carry out an action for a person, hoping then that person will help him/her in return.
The second type is carrying out an action for Allah, but at the same time to be seen by other people as religious or knowledgeable. Whoever does this, we are told in Hadith that the reward will only be received from the person and not from Allah. On the Day of Judgment Allah will turn to this person and say, "You carried out such a particular action for Me and at the same time for someone else. Find the person to receive your reward then." Of course he/she will not be able to. Then he/she will then have to face the consequences before Allah.
Minor Shirk is unfortunately widespread throughout the Muslims. Many are carrying out deeds only to be seen of men. We must understand that whoever does this, their good deeds no matter how good they are will never be accepted by Allah unless it is done only for Him alone.

Shaytan (the devil) told Allah that he will try his best to lead man astray. First he will try and lead man away from the religion of truth. This is the easiest method, as anyone who is not following the correct religion their deeds will never be accepted from Allah, as Islam is the only religion on Earth that believes in Monotheism and forbids what is evil, and guides to what is good. Secondly, if one follows the true religion then Shaytan will try to tempt them to not do good deeds. If he cannot then he will try to tempt them to not do such good deeds properly. Then if he cannot, he will try to encourage one to do good deeds to be seen of men, because Shaytan knows that once a person does this, their deeds will not be accepted. If Shaytan cannot lead one to Minor Shirk, then he has failed, and when Shaytan fails on a person that person is destined to Paradise.

So how does a person protect themselves from Minor Shirk?
You must understand that man is nothing compared to Allah. You must understand that everyone makes mistakes and that Allah does not.
You must understand that when you die everyone will forget about you after a while and that Allah will never forget about you.
You must understand that everything of creation will die except the creator, Allah.
You must understand that Allah will be our final judge on The Day of Judgment.
You must understand that Allah is the one who is deciding where your final destination will be. Paradise or Hell.
Also by reciting the following Du'a, one will be saved from Minor Shirk, Inshah'Allah, and that their actions will be accepted by Allah, Inshah'Allah:

Allahumma innee a'uthuu bika an usherika bika wa anaa a'lam. Wa astaghferuka lima laa a'lam.

"Oh Allah, I take refuge in you lest I should commit Shirk with you knowingly and I seek your forgiveness for what I do unknowingly".

One should say this each day or may even say it after carrying out a good deed in front of people. This way one has submitted themselves clearly to Allah alone and then their deeds will be accepted Inshah'Allah.
If one feels Minor Shirk and they think that it is best not to do that deed then this is wrong. This is another weapon of Shaytan. He whispers into your ear saying, "Don’t do that deed as you are going to show-off". One should take this ideology out of their head and still do that deed no matter what, always remembering Allah is watching. Remember, you are only committing Minor Shirk if others see you doing such a deed in such a way, that if they did not react to how you wanted them to react, then you would be upset. Do not let the whispers of Shaytan prevent you from carrying good deeds in front of people or away from people. We are here to do good deeds only for Allah.
We are here as a test from Allah alone to determine our Final Home upon death and resurrection.

--------------------

Vist my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
05-09-2005, 04:02 PM

That was excellent information! Well explained and informative. :) Jazak'Allahu Khayran. :) It was a good read. :)

:w:

Mu'maneen
05-09-2005, 06:13 PM

Barakallahfekhie Fe Dunya Wal Akhira Dear Brother of Islam.

--------------------

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Mashallah very nice brother. Jazakallah Khair:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mu'maneen
05-12-2005, 01:20 AM

Barakallahfekhie Fe Dunya Wal Akhira Dear Brother of Islam.

--------------------

Ibn Syed
05-12-2005, 01:27 AM
Very good, Very good post. :) :) :) :)

Mu'maneen
05-12-2005, 01:32 AM

Jazakallahkher Fe Dunya Wal Akhira Dear Brother of Islam.

--------------------

Ibn Syed
05-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Jazakallahkher Fe Dunya Wal Akhira yourself.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.