/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you follow a sect?

x Maz x
05-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Jus wanted to know fellow beings whether you follow sects?...I have talked to some Muslims who have said they refrain from following sects but InshAllah want to know what yous say...Is is good to follow them as there are so many divsions within our society...Anywho Peace x

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
05-19-2006, 07:46 PM
:sl:

Just by the title of this thread I know it's going to get closed. And to answer your question no, I'm sick of this sunni,shia business what ever happened to just refering to our selfs as muslims.

*noor
05-19-2006, 07:47 PM
As far as i know, sectarianism is haram and a big sin. There is only one Islam and its message is "Laa Ilaaha IllaAllah, Muhammad Rasoolu Allah."

And Allah knows best.

- Qatada -
05-19-2006, 07:48 PM
:salamext:

Yup, we just gota follow our two sources of guidance. The Words of Allaah Almighty (the Qur'an) and the Sunnah (life and ways) of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him.) and his companions.

I can't believe theres so much controversy within our ummah, and all we gota do is follow the above.

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
x Maz x
05-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Yes I know...We need to unite...Why is it gonna get closed?...I'm simply curious to who follows a sect, for what reason would it get closed? InshAllah as Muslims we will refrain from cussin anyone..Peace x

Sister_6038
05-19-2006, 07:49 PM
right i wasnt sure if sectarian issues was deffo deffo not allowed and i checked the rules again and erm sis its not allowed

No sectarian issues allowed. We are promoting the unity of Islam. Allah (Exalted is He) said in Surah Al-An'âm, verse 159:

Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects), you (O Muhammad -- Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allâh, Who then will tell them what they used to do. 15% warning
besides we are all muslims

Woodrow
05-19-2006, 07:53 PM
There are no sects in Islam. A person is either Muslim or Non-Muslim. What we seem to call sects are cultural differences for the most part. Yes, we can disagree with the practices of some cultures, but we can not disagree with what is Muslim.

x Maz x
05-19-2006, 07:54 PM
But me no understand though, its just a question to who follows it :(....Why is there a 'Sects' fraction of this forum ??...Me no understand why it gonna get closed, all me asking is a simple question to whom follows a sect...dont see anything wrong with it, let me ask the mods InshAllah..Peace x

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-19-2006, 08:00 PM
:sl:
There is only one Islam - following Islam as it was revealed by Allah in the Qur'an, explained and implemented by the Prophet Muhammad pbuh and as it was understood by the companions. We don't allow sectarian discussions on the forum because we are promoting unity. We have the sectarian section to educate members about deviations in the Ummah.

:w:

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.