/* */

PDA

View Full Version : pilgrimage

searchingsoul
05-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Have you made your pilgrimage? What did it do for you?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Hey.

Abu Hurairah (may Allaab be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "He who performs Hajj for Allah's pleasure and avoids all lewdness and sins will return after Hajj free from all sins as he was the day his mother gave birth to him." (Bukhari and Muslim)

'Amr ibn al-'As (may Allaah be pleased with him) says: "When Allah guided me to Islam, I went to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said to him: 'O Prophet of Allah! Stretch out your hand so that I may pledge my allegiance to you.' The Prophet (peace be upon him) stretched out his hand to me, but I withdrew my hand. The Prophet (peace be upon him) asked: 'O 'Amr! what is the matter with you?' I said: 'I would like to stipulate a condition! ' The Prophet (peace be upon him) asked: 'What is it?' I said: 'That all my past sins be forgiven!' The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: 'O 'Amr! Do you not know that Islam (becoming muslim) wipes off all past sins, and hijrah (leaving one's home and hearth for Allah's cause) wipes off all sins, and (similarly) Hajj wipes off all past sins!"' (Sahih Muslim)

Abdullah ibn Mas'ud (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Alternate between Hajj and 'Umrah (regularly), for these two remove poverty and sins just as the blacksmith's bellows removes all impurities from metals like iron, gold and silver. The reward for Hajj Mabrur is nothing short of Paradise." (Nasa'i and Tirmizhi, who regards it a sound hadith)

I havn't been to hajj in my life, but i have been to the minor hajj which is 'umrah. And i have to say that it was one of the best times in my life. You see all sorts of people from different parts of the world, and once a person goes back home - you feel like going back.

You might want to check this link out for more info. on hajj etc.
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/law/fiqh...h/fus5_66.html

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.