/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sallam

dpeat
05-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Sallam Wailaikum.

I'm Derrick Peat. I just registered yesterday. Just a little background info on myself: I am from the South Florida area. I converted to Islam about two and half years ago. I am currently a journalism-major at the Univerisity of Florida.
I look forward to having beneficial exchanges with you guys, Inha'Ullah.

:w:
Derrick

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
05-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

Welcome to the forum Derrick and congratulations on your reversion :)!

I hope you will find it beneficial and enjoy your stay.

Looking forward to your posts,

- Qatada -
05-20-2006, 03:46 PM
wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

masha'Allaah! congratz on your reversion bro :) by the way - welcome to the forum, and insha'Allaah (God willing) you will have a beneficial stay here.

If you got any questions to ask about islam, or even the forum - then please don't be afraid to ask. :)

we look forward to your posts insha'Allaah.

:salamext:

*noor
05-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your reversion to Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Skillganon
05-20-2006, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dpeat
Sallam Wailaikum.

I'm Derrick Peat. I just registered yesterday. Just a little background info on myself: I am from the South Florida area. I converted to Islam about two and half years ago. I am currently a journalism-major at the Univerisity of Florida.
I look forward to having beneficial exchanges with you guys, Inha'Ullah.

Derrick
Assalamu Alaikum Derick,

May ALLAH (s.w.t) guide you.
You converted to Islam 2 years ago, than your knowledge might be far more extensive than mine, I started practicing ISLAM properly couple of weeks ago although I was born as one. My change started mainly to defend my faith against onslought of stereotype that I knew was not true, so I went to the scripture and obtained some translation of the Quran (although I can recite it I never understood it) and opinion and understanding of known scholars. IT increase my faith and got me out of my lazy life, and I look forward to hearing your understanding as we may learn something from each other, but you always must be aware of wrong information that may be conveyed unknowingly by some muslims. Just a reminder to all those who will read this post.

Peace and Blessing to all my brothers and sisters everywhere!

From London, Musa

Kittygyal
05-20-2006, 04:01 PM
salam.
welcome bro to the forums if you have any questions feel free to ask am sure we will all help you in every lil way we can :)
anyway,congrats you have reverted i have too :)
w.salam

dpeat
05-20-2006, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Assalamu Alaikum Derick,

May ALLAH (s.w.t) guide you.
You converted to Islam 2 years ago, than your knowledge might be far more extensive than mine, I started practicing ISLAM properly couple of weeks ago although I was born as one. My change started mainly to defend my faith against onslought of stereotype that I knew was not true, so I went to the scripture and obtained some translation of the Quran (although I can recite it I never understood it) and opinion and understanding of known scholars. IT increase my faith and got me out of my lazy life, and I look forward to hearing your understanding as we may learn something from each other, but you always must be aware of wrong information that may be conveyed unknowingly by some muslims. Just a reminder to all those who will read this post.

Peace and Blessing to all my brothers and sisters everywhere!

From London, Musa
I see. Congratulations. Just remember to always stay patient under any and all circumstances.

Derrick

afriend2
05-20-2006, 07:17 PM
salaam,

Allahu Akbar on the Reversion :):)
welcome to LI brother :) inshAllah have a great stay here :happy:

wassalam :peace:

chacha_jalebi
05-20-2006, 07:19 PM
salaam

hope ya have fun here!!

mahuruf
05-21-2006, 02:27 AM
Wa'alaikum Salam Derrick,

Welcome to the forum. May I know your Islamic name?

Wa'assalaam

afriend
05-21-2006, 11:50 AM
:sl:

welcome to the forum.

Alhamdulillah by Allah's mercy you have found the right path.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

akulion
05-22-2006, 07:02 AM
Salam Alaikum

To the forum and enjoy your stay :D

Bro Aku

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.