/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Makeup, Hairdo and a Gutra, Too

S_87
05-09-2005, 01:43 PM
:sl:
my first reaction is...WHAT :confused: are the muslims coming to......MEN! hmph..FEMININe men!!!

whats yours?

Makeup, Hairdo and a Gutra, Too
Mahmoud Ahmad, Arab News

JEDDAH, 9 May 2005 — “A little eyeliner, a few light streaks in the hair and even up the eyebrows,” doesn’t sound too unusual for a beauty parlor, but now some guys with gutras are getting gussied up, too.

It’s not unusual these days to see men with makeup on their face. The number of Saudi men visiting barbershops for makeup and makeovers is on the rise. In the past, most barbershops had little equipment unrelated to haircuts. These days, they have equipment rivaling a women’s beauty salon.

This new fad is acceptable among many young Saudis who take it as a normal thing to do, but older people and most conservatives maintain it should be for women only.

“The number of strange, male ‘beauty barbershops’ has increased these days to a dangerous level,” said Abu Murad, a 43-year-old Saudi. “It’s not strange anymore to see young Saudis with funny haircuts and makeup.”

Murad thinks it’s a breakdown of society and culture. “I think barbershops that offer these services should be closed down,” he said. “I blame it largely on a lack of parental supervision and the influence of television.”

He can’t get used to the new “look.”

“Teenagers these days look funny,” Murad said. “Some have funny haircuts and funny beards. I once saw a young teenager with David Beckham haircut that looked more like a chicken head.”

A trip to the barbershop can be a little unnerving for some. “It’s disgusting to see young Saudis with makeup on their face,” said Waleed Mansour, a 32-year-old Saudi.

“I was sitting in a Turkish barbershop in Al-Nahda district, and I couldn’t believe what I saw. There was this young man sitting, doing highlights in his hair, doing his nails and face. He went to the extreme of putting women’s makeup on his face so it would look smooth. I was shocked that we have people like this and more so to have places that offer such services to men,” said Waleed. [pfffft]

Young teenagers interviewed by Arab News held different opinions.

“There is nothing wrong with looking good,” said Saud, who is 19. “God is beautiful and loves beauty. The problem is when we try to look good. They accuse us of trying to look like singers. This is us, and this is our identity and what we want to look like, and they have to respect it.”

And for the barbers, times change, but the customer is always right.

“I have a young teenager who comes to me every two days to draw lines of mustache and beard,” said Muhammad Al-Hasani, a Moroccan barber. “Some are asking to line up their eyebrows like women. It is strange but at the end we have to do what the customer asks for.” :zip: :crickey: :-X :rolleyes: :-\ :eek:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrkatu

ALLAH HU AKBAR - believe it is true - the men in Saudi are weird - they are into all this feminine stuff astagfirullah!!!!!

I have seen loads of guys with make up etc - apparently homosexuality is very common - ATAGFIRULLAH - may allah guide us

Wassalam
Br ABDULLAH

S_87
05-09-2005, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ABDULLAH SAOOD
Assalamo-alaikum-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrkatu

ALLAH HU AKBAR - believe it is true - the men in Saudi are weird - they are into all this feminine stuff astagfirullah!!!!!

I have seen loads of guys with make up etc - apparently homosexuality is ver common - ATAGFIRULLAH - may allah guide us

Wassalam
Br ABDULLAH

:sl: really? :omg: well i knew homosexuality was common under cover but to actually see men walking around like WOMEN is disgusting..in uk seeing a brother with more hair gel than a woman is sad enough but make up and lipstick too?
are these men like married? poor wives..they probably lean on the other side too then :(

Sahabiyaat
05-09-2005, 02:53 PM
this is what to expect
its the sign of the hour.
simple.
the prophecies cannot be wrong
they will come to pass.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MetSudaisTwice
05-09-2005, 03:09 PM
may allah forgive them all

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-09-2005, 04:07 PM
this is what to expect
its the sign of the hour.
simple.
the prophecies cannot be wrong
they will come to pass.
:applaud: :applaud: NO DOUBT - couldnt have said better myself mashallah.

Al-Hanbali
05-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Assalmu-Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu.
I thought that it is Sunnah to wear Surma. Isnt it Surma what the Arab's are wearing.

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Walaykum-assalam-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrakatu

I thought that it is Sunnah to wear Surma. Isnt it Surma what the Arab's are wearing.
Yes it is sunnah to wear Ithmid - it was a regular practice of the Prophet of Allah (Sallallah-ho-alahi-wassalam) - however these acts above contrary to the sunnah - its merely making yourself look good for men and women which promotes fitnah!

These guys are copying women!!!!

BlissfullyJaded
05-09-2005, 04:45 PM

They went a lot beyond just surma. They're puttin highlights in their hair, doin their nails... :omg:

May Allah SWT guide them and all Muslims to the right path.

:'(

soulja-ess
05-09-2005, 04:53 PM

sick.... :omg:

i saw sum arab guy with highlighted hair, manicured nails and a handbag on the bus and he smiles and goes :sl: sista i was just too shocked to answer coz at first id have thought he was arab but not muslim and like well gay...but then muslim!!:confused: apparantley manchester uni has an asian gay society :zip:

:w:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-09-2005, 04:59 PM
their punishment will be grave. This is why the people of prophet Lut were destroyed, Sodomy. May Allah guide them, and if they arent of those who can get guided, may Allah destroy them. Last thing we need is another stain on the name of Islam through homosexuality :(

Danish
05-09-2005, 06:36 PM
this is the craziest thing i heard since my mate almost entered a girls' toilet (accidently) :confused: :omg:

Unique
05-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Salam

Omg, its really freaky to see guys wearing makeup, it just looks so weird and unnatural. Guys are getting to feminine in this day and age. But anyway, it is sad and pathetic when I see some boy/ man thats put too much effort into looking good, especially if I can tell that hes put more effort in than me...lol
Anyway, may Allah guide us all, Insha allah.

Wassalam

h1jabi_sista
05-09-2005, 07:30 PM
this has been going on for soo long, i mean prime example: beckham! have you seen the eyebrows on him? :omg: if i seen girls with the same style!!!!astagfirullah

its a trend, men think its cool.They want to look good but its not right!
As one of the sisters said, its a true sign of the day of rekoning.
may allah save us from the fitna that occurs inshallah.

S_87
05-09-2005, 08:10 PM
yh surman is sunnah

but not eye liner for MEN or foundation or LIP STICK ..that must look so funny *blinks*
can u imagine a man with finely manicured nails? :S nah havent seen it and dont watn to

h1jabi_sista
05-09-2005, 08:28 PM
lolz i got a good one!

can you imagine a guy saying- get out the bathroom! i need to do my make-up!! :p

or.........having a fit because his mascara smudged lolz.

lolz rimmels new brand- RIMEN! lolz ;D

ok im done now, back to the topic :)

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-09-2005, 08:33 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:applaud: :applaud:

Sahabiyaat
05-10-2005, 07:44 AM
;D maybe hes born with it
or maybe ..its maybeline ;D

S_87
05-11-2005, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by h1jabi_sista
lolz i got a good one!

can you imagine a guy saying- get out the bathroom! i need to do my make-up!! :p

or.........having a fit because his mascara smudged lolz.

;D id scream and throw a fit............... beckam is not a good example..same with people here.. see beckams hair and are at the local salon gettin the same style. <_< :mad:

MetSudaisTwice
05-11-2005, 12:17 PM
same i don't know why he has such an effect on people. he is a footballer so people should admire his football skills.

S_87
05-11-2005, 12:21 PM
hahah not even that
the girsl go googaa over BECKHAM <_<

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.