/* */

PDA

View Full Version : This is me

MAA
05-21-2006, 03:44 AM
Salaam and Bonjour

I'm obviously a new member, and Im really liking your site. I will post a more descriptive introduction when I feel in the mood to do so. :D But just for some general info about meself, I'm a muslim, female.

In the mean time, I look forward to checking this place out.

Questions and Comments are welcome.

Thanks,

M

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MAA
05-21-2006, 04:57 AM
Thank you.

Yes I do have a question, well its more like two small requests. :) I'd like some description of what this forum is like, and also I'd love it if others introduce themselves.

Woodrow
05-21-2006, 07:54 AM
I am a fairly new revert only said the shahadah about a year ago. I've only been a member here a few days. I find everyone here to be helpfull and friendly. I use Woodrow as my user ID here, mainly because it is the name I use on many other forums I post at. This way people can verify that my words are the same no matter what forum I post on. My Islamic name is Abdullah.

I have seen some disagreements. But, they were treated with respect and dignity. I have not seen any bashing of any religious views.

afriend2
05-21-2006, 09:37 AM
salaam sister,

welcome to LI, inshAllah have a great time here.

wassalam :peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
05-21-2006, 11:49 AM
:sl:

welcome to the forum.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

:w:

MAA
05-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Good Luck for your exams A. (: hard work, pays off. Thanks.
watch out for th mods....they r th LI police
If they are the police, then I am a mere civillian doing my duties. Its all good.
Thanks for that Br Abdullah, Woodrow. Alhumdullilah for your reversion.

Thankyou zAk, It's not actually 'Maa?" its MAA. I'll let you figure it out. :D and it's MUM in urdu.

Thanks Nazia. :)

MAA
05-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Thanks iqram.

Ive never been a "limited member" before, and I must say its quite "ahem"ing.

A.P
05-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Welcome to the forums

*noor
05-22-2006, 12:45 AM
welcome to the forums.

akulion
05-22-2006, 12:56 AM
salam alaikum

to the forum - enjoy your stay :D

bro aku

MAA
08-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Assalamualaikum WR WB

I had started an intro thread, but did not get back online before the thread closed. As promised, here is a little more intro ^_^.

I live in Australia, Sydney. I listen to music, I tend to dabble with a bit of everything; though my favourites would be Frank Sinatra, Beatles, Cat Stevens, MJ, Beethoven, currently. I used to be a tupac fan, what seems like ages ago. I liked Metallica at some stage (still do), i like that rock. But more into peacful, feel good songs.
I love reading Jefferey Archer novels, lately ive lost my passion for reading, but I reckon I'll get back on it soon. I watch rugby now and then. I do like sports like basketball, netball, soccer occasionally.

My heroes include; Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Ghandi, Stephen Hawkings, and lots more.

I also like watching romatic comedies, although not that Bollywood rubbish. I like watching french, german and english films. I am a Doctor Who fan, and Inspector Rex fan. SBS and ABC are probably my frequent channels.
I am a very easy-going person, I am passionate to the soul; not fussy, quite social, funny, somewhat intelligent . Im a practical person; i treat everything (well i'd like to) with rational thought, and try to minimise emotions as much as what makes one lve in peace. I like making lists, giving advice although i am very disorganised and sometimes can be a hypocrite, im working on that. I like analysis, no, I love analysis.

My dream is to convert "Kevin James" into a Muslim and marry him.

Anyway, thats my whole rant, I was wondering if someone could give this new person some pointers about this forum. Like, Is there a social hierarchy, whats new? whats old?

Any questions?

Thanks,
Have a great week,
- MAA

Woodrow
08-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Welcome back again. I remember when you first came here. Then you disappeared for a long time. Good to see you back. I would suggest that for starters you read the FAQ link that is located up above. As far as your wondering about any social order, everybody is equal.

About the only problem some new members seem to have is that we do not permit any free mixing posting between male and female members. When we post a reply to a member of the opposite gender it is best to keep the reply strictly in reference to the topic.

glo
08-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Welcome MAA! :)

I look forward to your posts. Hope you have a good time here.

Peace.

Najiullah
08-20-2006, 04:07 AM
[BANANA]welcome to the forum[/BANANA]

Vaseline
08-20-2006, 04:55 AM
Welcome to the forums sis!

As for what woodrow has said about free mixing between the genders, there are specific smilies that cannot be used [ie. the winking smiley, the tongue-sticking out smiley]. Insha'Allah, when you come into the sister's area, you'll find out more from there.

Wassalaam,

Vaseline ;)

Ameeratul Layl
08-21-2006, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MAA
Salaam and Bonjour

I'm obviously a new member, and Im really liking your site. I will post a more descriptive introduction when I feel in the mood to do so. :D But just for some general info about meself, I'm a muslim, female.

In the mean time, I look forward to checking this place out.

Questions and Comments are welcome.

Thanks,

M

[BANANA]:sl:. Bonjour to you too.[/BANANA]

[MOUSE]Hope you have a beneficial stay.inshAllah. wasalam[/MOUSE]

ckerofilm
08-22-2006, 09:11 PM
welcome to the forum!
Good luck.

:welcome:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!