/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own a digital Qur'an?

whitemuslimah
05-21-2006, 03:03 PM
salaams :)

Does anyone own a digital Qur'an? I thought of giving it as a present to my nephew(10 yo) for his coming birthday. But it is quite costly so just wondering if it is worthy spending money on or is it just as good as the book?

here's the one i was thinking of http://www.islamicgoodsdirect.co.uk/...roducts_id/596

wasalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
786rani
05-21-2006, 03:08 PM
how does it work. i obviously havn't got it.
rani

Helena
05-21-2006, 03:12 PM
:sl:

alhamdulilah i got a digital quran from hajj.....it was cheap in saudi arabia...

my one has....a english translation to explain the quran...it is easy to listen....and inshalah the quran can be memorised...better then a mp3 player that nowdays kid go for....

:w:

whitemuslimah
05-21-2006, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

alhamdulilah i got a digital quran from hajj.....it was cheap in saudi arabia...

my one has....a english translation to explain the quran...it is easy to listen....and inshalah the quran can be memorised...better then a mp3 player that nowdays kid go for....

salaam helena,
do u think it is better than a book, which one do you normally read - a book or digital?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*noor
05-21-2006, 03:23 PM
its always better to have a mushaf (actual book), but if your a beginner (like me), its good to have both.

whitemuslimah
05-21-2006, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 786rani
how does it work. i obviously havn't got it.
rani
well in description of the one i am thinking to buy for my nephew it says you can listen to recitation in arabic, then try and recite yourself and then compare how close your pronunciation is to original. that's the feature that i like the most because he is learning qur'an by heart both in arabic and english now mashallah and has a great passion for it.

whitemuslimah
05-21-2006, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
its always better to have a mushaf (actual book), but if your a beginner (like me), its good to have both.
i'm not getting it for myself u c, it is for my nephew but i am thinking if it really is as good as it says in description

Helena
05-21-2006, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by whitemuslim
salaam helena,
do u think it is better than a book, which one do you normally read - a book or digital?

erm..i personally think that book is much better, first start with the book and later go for the digital...to try the both ways.....

for a child...digital wud be best.....coz a way of showing islam is modern....and good listen to it...and the same time read the quran and study it...

Abdullah4ever
05-21-2006, 05:25 PM

I got one , Eureka Digital QUran Sudais and SHuraim + English, French and the Arabic one it.

I use it for hifz at school and i also have a 1g mp3 but i prefer the digital quran :)

Muslim Soldier
05-21-2006, 05:34 PM
why dont you buy yr nephew a mobile which is compatible with quran softwares. (they are the same price)?

Skillganon
05-21-2006, 06:52 PM

Does anyone own a digital Qur'an? I thought of giving it as a present to my nephew(10 yo) for his coming birthday. But it is quite costly so just wondering if it is worthy spending money on or is it just as good as the book?

here's the one i was thinking of http://www.islamicgoodsdirect.co.uk/...roducts_id/596

wasalaam
Assalamu Alaikum.

I did not know you can get one, thank's for letting me know sis.
I got a MP3 player, for now I will download some surah's in arabic with it's translation onto my MP3 and listen.

I might buy one for my niece.

whitemuslimah
05-21-2006, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
why dont you buy yr nephew a mobile which is compatible with quran softwares. (they are the same price)?
i never knew you can get qur'an on ur mobile. how do i know if a mobile is compatible with quran software?

shab_uk
05-21-2006, 08:18 PM
symbian phones are compatible for apps, you can install the holy Quran... like the nokia 7610, 6600,6680 sony erricson p900, p910i & also on pocket pc's

Hijaabi22
05-22-2006, 01:44 PM

wasalaam
HEY DATS A WIKD IDEA, MY DAD HAS ONE OF THOSE THEY BRILLIANT!! BUT A BIT ON DA COSTLY SIDE THO.WORTH IT THO

SirZubair
06-08-2006, 06:57 PM
i have one,my aunt sent it to me as a present from England 3 years ago.

Umar001
06-08-2006, 07:03 PM
A bro i know has one, I would only recomend it if the brother has a mushaf already, i mean the fact that he can hear the people reciting it is the most attractive feature, where as carrying the mushaf would mean that u would have to read it urself, where as even if he is tired and on a journey he can jus relax and listen while intaking knowledge.

but if i were u i would buy a cheap mp3 and then jus download the quran on it, and then he could relax and listen to it, or if he was learning he could carry a pocket mushaf and follow the recitation with the mushaf.

plus its cheaper, and it will get him used to finding ayahs and surahs quickly.

Salam aleykum

EDIT: soz thought it was a brother

shariq_0189
06-09-2006, 01:53 AM
yeh i got an mp3 player and it holdss like 20 surahss max...three kinda expensive these days...but the digital quran seems reall nicee. inshallaji wil buy one.

S_87
06-09-2006, 09:31 AM

they r now selling this n all

http://holy-quron.com/

~*miz*kurdiya*~
06-09-2006, 09:26 PM
salaam... www.simplyislam.com sell them its the PennMan digital quran and you can listen to it at the same time as read it in english french arabic or urdu...

but pls dont get it for a birthday... (bid'ah) just get it for the act of good will and to please Allah that you want to treat a brother like you would want to be treated... pls enough with birthdays

SistaHH
06-09-2006, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=~*miz*kurdiya*~;349375]salaam... www.simplyislam.com sell them its the PennMan digital quran and you can listen to it at the same time as read it in english french arabic or urdu...

That's the one my mum has got.i would recommend it as it is really good- you can repeat ayats to check pronunciation etc

hadimaj
06-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Salam :)
Its good to have the digital Quran on the go. You can read,listen and memorize it anytime anywhere. I highly recommend the Penman Collection because they have various model. In each model has its own recitor. Sudais, Shuraim Ali Hudaify Hosairy And Saad Ghamidi.The best thing about the Penman model is that they have 3 recitation speed and u can choose which you are most comfortable with.

Samee
06-10-2006, 02:32 PM

Trust me on this, there's nothing better than listening to Sudais or Shuraim reciting the words and then all the while reading the english translation. It's like the words mean what the english translation says to you, word by word. You can just feel that what is being said is amazing.

Everyone needs to pick one up. You'll want to keep listening over and over again, and you'll memorize like 10+ more surahs that way guaranteed.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-10-2006, 02:36 PM

Yeah^ Bro Samee referred me to this one:

http://www.islamicbookstore.com/a4088.html

And it is perfect. It works very well, battery life is average - good as long as you dont over use the speaker and backlight.

The sound quality isnt bad either. Overall, for $129 its a great product. Ive had it for over a year and its working perfectly Alhamdulillah.

~*miz*kurdiya*~
06-10-2006, 05:41 PM
ooohhhh theres one with saad ghamdi's recitation?? do you know on what model that is?/ pls let me know jazakallah u kahiran !!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-10-2006, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~*miz*kurdiya*~
ooohhhh theres one with saad ghamdi's recitation?? do you know on what model that is?/ pls let me know jazakallah u kahiran !!

Yes:

http://www.islamicbookstore.com/a4553.html

and

http://www.islamicbookstore.com/a4545.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.