01-29-2007, 09:59 PM
:sl:

Correct.

Your turn to ask a question.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
02-03-2007, 02:06 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

The Mod team would Like to Challenge the Admins InshaAllah.

Catergory: Islamic History.

Question: What Year (Hijriy) was Hajjatul Wadaa'?

Muhammad
02-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

Was it 10 AH?

Skillganon
02-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Was it 10 AH?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
amirah_87
02-03-2007, 04:37 PM

Was it 10 AH?
Na'am MashaAllah, Next question InshaAllah.

Was it 10 AH?
The tenth Year after the Prophet's Hijrah (from Makkah to Medinah)

Muhammad
02-07-2007, 02:04 PM
:salamext:

The Admins would like to challenge the Members team. The category is Qur'an questions.
Ibn Mas'ud, a well-known companion of the Prophet :arabic5: , described certain aayaat from the Qur'an as listed below. So the question is, to which verse does each description apply?
(a) The greatest Ayah in the Qur'an
(b) The most comprehensive Ayah in the Qur'an concerning good and evil
(c) The Ayah in the Qur'an which brings the most relief
(d) And the clearest Ayah in the Qur'an about reliance on Allah
Extended Qu: The Ayah which, according to Ibn 'Abbas, brings the most hope
I hope you will find the answer within 3 days Insha'Allaah.

Al_Imaan
02-07-2007, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
(a) The greatest Ayah in the Qur'an
Ayat Al-Kursi

(b) The most comprehensive Ayah in the Qur'an concerning good and evil
فَمَنْ يَعْمَلْ مِثْقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ خَيْرا ً يَرَهُ

وَمَنْ يَعْمَلْ مِثْقَالَ ذَرَّة ٍ شَرّا ً يَرَهُ
Whoever does an atom's weight of good shall see it, and whoever does an atom's weight of evil shall see it. [Surah Zalzalah; Ayat 7-8]

i think it's in surah Yusuf....im not sure

don't know...sorry

Say, O my servants who have wasted their resources, do not despair of the mercy of God. Indeed, God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiving, the Compassionate.

Muhammad
02-07-2007, 04:15 PM

Masha'Allaah, well done for having a go. Only the first one is right. Btw, remember that these are according to Ibn Mas'ud's statement, so other descriptions or verses might also apply but I am just referring to what he specifically said.

Al_Imaan
02-07-2007, 04:22 PM
isnt b) and the (Extended Ques.) right?...cuz those were the ayats he stated when Umar had stopped Abdullah ibn masud's caravan....

Muhammad
02-07-2007, 04:54 PM

Perhaps there is more than one answer. Can you find the source Insha'Allaah - also, the extended question is from Ibn Abaas' perspective, not Ibn Mas'ud's.

Muhammad
02-07-2007, 05:54 PM

^ Masha'Allaah that's a very nice story. So 2 are now correct, but you still have 3 to go!

Muhammad
02-08-2007, 11:32 PM

Masha'Allaah, that's correct :).

Umm Yoosuf
02-12-2007, 08:32 PM

Members time is over now.

Muhammad
02-17-2007, 01:48 PM

I think it is time to give the answers Insha'Allaah.

--------

At-Tabarani recorded that Shutayr bin Shakal said, "I heard Ibn Mas`ud say,

`The greatest Ayah in the Book of Allah is:

[اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَىُّ الْقَيُّومُ ]

(Allah! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists) (2:255).

The most comprehensive Ayah in the Qur'an concerning good and evil is:

[إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَأْمُرُ بِالْعَدْلِ وَالإْحْسَانِ]

(Verily, Allah enjoins justice and Al-Ihsan) (16:90).

The Ayah in the Qur'an which brings the most relief is in Surat Az-Zumar:

[قُلْ يعِبَادِىَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُواْ عَلَى أَنفُسِهِمْ لاَ تَقْنَطُواْ مِن رَّحْمَةِ اللَّهِ]

(Say: "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves! Despair not of the mercy of Allah.'')

And the clearest Ayah in the Qur'an about reliance on Allah is:

[وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مَخْرَجاًوَيَرْزُقْهُ مِنْ حَيْثُ لاَ يَحْتَسِبُ]

(And whosoever has Taqwa of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine) (65:2-3).'

Masruq said to him; `You have spoken the truth.'''

--------------------

`Abdur-Razzaq recorded that Ma`mar said that Ayyub said that Ibn `Abbas commented on what Ibrahim said,

[وَلَـكِن لِّيَطْمَئِنَّ قَلْبِى]

(but to be stronger in Faith), "To me, there is no Ayah in the Qur'an that brings more hope than this Ayah.'' Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that Muhammad bin Al-Munkadir said that `Abdullah bin `Abbas met `Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`As and said to him, "Which Ayah in the Qur'an carries more hope for you'' Ibn `Amr said,

[قُلْ يعِبَادِىَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُواْ عَلَى أَنفُسِهِمْ لاَ تَقْنَطُواْ]

(Say: "O `Ibadi (My servants) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not.) [39:53].

Ibn `Abbas said, "But I say that it is Allah's statement,

[وَإِذْ قَالَ إِبْرَهِيمُ رَبِّ أَرِنِى كَيْفَ تُحْىِ الْمَوْتَى قَالَ أَوَلَمْ تُؤْمِن قَالَ بَلَى]

(And (remember) when Ibrahim said, "My Lord! Show me how You give life to the dead.'' He (Allah) said: "Do you not believe'' He (Ibrahim) said: "Yes (I believe)...)

Allah accepted Ibrahim's affirmation when he merely said, `Yes.' This Ayah refers to the doubts that attack the heart and the thoughts that Shaytan inspires.'' Al-Hakim also recorded this in Al-Mustadrak and said; "Its chain is Sahih but they did not record it.''

---------

These quotes have been taken from Tafseer Ibn Katheer.

:w:

Umm Yoosuf
03-10-2007, 10:12 PM

Barakallahu Feek Br Muhammad for the answers. Can the next team please answer the Question. I believe its the admin team again. Allah Knows Best.

Muhammad
03-11-2007, 03:34 PM

This question is directed at the SuperMod team.

Category is the Seerah of the Prophet :arabic5:

(a) What was considered to be the victory at al-Hudaybiyyah?

(b) How many companions were there?

(c) What miracle happened at this time?

abu abdurrahman
03-11-2007, 03:45 PM
:salam pls keep the rest of the members if time runs out for the team the questions are directed to!! jazakaAllah khair!

The Ruler
03-13-2007, 04:56 PM

time's up for the super mods to answer.

Umm Yoosuf
03-14-2007, 09:20 AM

Next time Insha Allah take the opportunity to answer the question, if the group channelled has not answered otherwise you’ll hand some handy points to the Admins.

If for some reason the group doesn't answer the question, the other usergroups have the option to pick-up the question and answer it. The first group to answer correctly (6-12 hr time span) will get the point.

Admins your turn once again.

Muhammad that sneaky of you, I don't think the super Mods where aware of the qestion.

Maimunah
03-14-2007, 12:57 PM
ooh i kno the answers to the quetsions!!!

BlissfullyJaded
03-14-2007, 08:51 PM

Go ahead and answer then sister Ruwaydah. If the team challenged doesn't answer, then the other teams get the chance to answer. So its between the members and oranges now.

The blueies shall make a comeback inshaAllah!

xx-Asha!!-xx
03-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Uhhm...sorry huni i dnt get it plz explain : O

Maimunah
03-15-2007, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

This question is directed at the SuperMod team.

Category is the Seerah of the Prophet :arabic5:

(a) What was considered to be the victory at al-Hudaybiyyah?

(b) How many companions were there?

(c) What miracle happened at this time?
this is what i think:

a)The Messenger(sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) of Allah broke camp and returned to Madinah. On his journey back, Allah confirmed that the truce of Hudaybiyyah was not a set-back but a victory:

Surely We have given you a clear victory, that Allah may forgive you your former and later sins, and complete His blessing on you and guide you on a straight path and that Allah may help you with a mighty help. (48: 1-3)

Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said, 'Is this a victory then, Messenger(sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) of Allah!'

He replied, 'Yes'.

The Hudaybiyyah treaty also gave the idol-worshippers and Muslims an opportunity to mix. The idol-worshippers soon came to appreciate the good qualities of the Muslims. Before a year had passed, many of them had become Muslims, and the Quraysh leaders were worried about their influence.

b)Sa`id bin Al-Musayyib was asked by Qatadah, "How many were present for the pledge of Ar-Ridwan'' Sa`id said, "One thousand and five hundred.'' Qatadah posed, "Jabir bin `Abdullah, may Allah be pleased with them both, said that they were one thousand and four hundred.'' Sa`id said, "He forgot. He told me that they were one thousand and five hundred.'' However, Al-Bayhaqi commented, "This narration testifies that Jabir used to state that they were one thousand and five hundred, but later on remembered the true number and said that they were one thousand and four hundred.''

c) i'll be back for this one, as am scared to give the right answer. i'll double check it inshaAllah

Maimunah
03-15-2007, 03:43 PM

i got it

c)Jabir narrated that on the day of al-Hudaybiyah ... people came forward and told the Prophet that they had no water for wudu’ or drinking, except that which was in his vessel. The Prophet put his hand into the vessel and water began to pour forth between his fingers like springs ... He replied that if there were a hundred thousand it would be sufficient for them, adding that there were 1,500 (related by Bukhari and Muslim).

Muhammad
03-17-2007, 11:47 AM

Masha'Allaah, well done for answering correctly sister Ruwaydah.

(a) Allah declared the Al-Hudaybiyyah peace treaty a manifest victory, because of the benefits peace would carry and the good results that did originate from it. `Abdullah bin Mas`ud and other Companions said, "You consider the conquering of Makkah to be Al-Fath (the victory), while to us, Al-Fath is the treaty conducted at Al-Hلudaybiyyah.'' Jabir (bin `Abdullah) said, "We only considered Al-Fath to be the day of Hلudaybiyyah!'' Al-Bukhari recorded that Al-Bara' (bin `Azib) said, "You consider Al-Fath to be the conquest of Makkah, which was indeed a victory. However, we consider Al-Fath to be the pledge of Ar-Ridwan on the Day of Al-Hudaybiyyah.

(c) Al-Hudaybiyyah had a well, whose water we consumed, not leaving a drop of water in it. When the news of what happened reached the Messenger of Allah , he came towards us and sat on the edge of the well. Then he asked to be brought a bucket of water and used it for ablution. He next rinsed his mouth, invoked Allah and poured that water into the well. Soon after, that well provided us, as well as our animals, with sufficient water, in whatever amount of water we wished.

[...]

Another narration of it mentioned that the Companions became thirsty on the day of Al-Hudaybiyyah and the Messenger of Allah gave them an arrow from his quiver. They took the arrow, placed it in the well of Al-Hudaybiyyah and the water gushed out until they all satisfied their thirst.

(From the Tafseer Ibn Katheer)

I'm not sure if there was a miracle regarding the camels...

Anyway the points go towards the Members Team, who are now to ask the next question Insha'Allaah.

BlissfullyJaded
03-20-2007, 04:50 AM

Members? Your turn to ask a question.

03-20-2007, 11:10 AM

On behalf of the members team :shade:

The category: Quran

Directed to the supermod team

a)What are the 6 different (arabic) words used to refer to hell in the Quran?

b)For each one how many times do they occur

c)Give an example for where they occur

Time starts NOW :D

BlissfullyJaded
03-23-2007, 09:18 AM

On behalf of the Super Mods team, here are the answers to a and c.

Jaheem:
خُذُوهُ فَاعْتِلُوهُ إِلَى سَوَاء الْجَحِيمِ
[Surah Duhkan / Ayah 47]

Saqar:
يَوْمَ يُسْحَبُونَ فِي النَّارِ عَلَى وُجُوهِهِمْ ذُوقُوا مَسَّ سَقَرَ
[Surah Qamar / Ayah 48]

Naar:
فَآتِهِمْ عَذَابًا ضِعْفًا مِّنَ النَّارِ قَالَ لِكُلٍّ ضِعْفٌ وَلَـكِن لاَّ تَعْلَمُون
[Surah Araaf / Ayah 38]

Jahannam:
إِلاَّ طَرِيقَ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا وَكَانَ ذَلِكَ عَلَى اللّهِ يَسِيرًا

[Surah Nisa / Ayah 169]

Lazaa:
كَلَّا إِنَّهَا لَظَى
[Surah Ma'arij / Ayah 15]

Sa'eer:
إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَعَنَ الْكَافِرِينَ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ سَعِيرًا
[Surah Ahzab / Ayah 64]

Hutamah:
وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا الْحُطَمَةُ
[Surah Humaza / Ayah 5]

Haawiya:
فَأُمُّهُ هَاوِيَةٌ
[Surah Qari'ah / Ayah 9]

Thats 8 names, so not sure which 2 were narrowed out...

ژاله
03-23-2007, 09:26 AM
whose turn is now?

03-23-2007, 01:36 PM
ok ok thats confusing... :confused: Here are my answers:

AlJaheem
(al Baqarah:119)
23 times

AsSamoom
(al Hajr:27)
2 times

AlSa3eer
(al Hajj:4)
8 times

Saqar
(al Qamar:48)
4 times

AnNaar
(alBaqarah:24)
103 times

Jahannam
(al Baqarah: 206)
77 times

BlissfullyJaded
04-07-2007, 08:39 AM

We apologize for the delay...

The SuperMods now challenge the Moderators in the category:
3) Name the famous Qur'an Recitor

Here is the clip:

Media Tags are no longer supported

If there is any problems with that, here is the link to save it:
http://muslimtents.com/iharam/Others/47.mp3

BlissfullyJaded
04-11-2007, 07:21 PM

Time's up. The admins or members now have a chance to give an answer.

jzcasejz
04-12-2007, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah
members now have a chance to give an answer.
'Abdul Aziz al-Ahmad, I think...

BlissfullyJaded
04-12-2007, 11:23 PM

MashaAllah, well done! Members turn to ask a question now.

Mawaddah
05-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Is the time up for the Members?

zanjabeela
05-18-2007, 04:58 AM
On behalf of the Members team, I now challenge the Admins in the category:
2) World History (General knowledge)

Question:
Who were the first inhabitants to settle in Madinah al Munawwarah?

zanjabeela
07-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Sorry for not realizing that this question has been languishing beneath cob-webs.
The first inhabitants of Yathrib were from three large tribes, and they were:
The Amalekites: And it was they who founded Yathrib, according to the most authoritative narrations; and the tribe of 'Ubail--from which came Yathrib, after whome the city was named--belonged to the Amalekites. And it is obvious from their name that they were distinguished by their great height. And they were from the descendants of "Amliq bin Laud bin Shem bin Noah. They were in the area of Babylon and then they spread to different areas throught the Arabian Gulf and some of them took up residence in the place known as Yathrib. And there is no doubt that they were Arabs. Imam Ag-Tabari considered their ancestor 'Amlip to be the first person to speak Arabic.

The Jews: When the Muslims migrated to Yathrib, they found there a number of Jewish tribes; and there is agreement that most of the Jews of Yathrib were teh descendants of emigrants who came from Palestine. Some of them came as migrants after Nebuchadnezzar destroyed teh Kingdom of Judea and killed many of the Jews and enslaved many of them; this took place 586 years before the start of the Christian Era (CE) (known by the Christians as BC). Likewise, other migrations took place when the Romans made an example of them in the year 70CE, and again in the year 132 CE. And some of thesee migrants made their home in the area of Yathrib. ANd the first of the tribes which reached the area of Yathrib were Banu Quraizah and Banu An-Nadir, then other tribes followed them.

Al-Aws and Al-Khazraj: They are two Qahtani tribes which migrated to Yathrib from Yemen after the destruction of Sadd Ma'arib. And the settling of these two tribes in Yathrib had a great effect upon its history. According to the most reliable reports, the two tribes arrived in Al-Madinah in the third century of the Christian Era.
Taken from the book History of Madinah Munawwarah;which was prepared by group of scholars under the super-vision of Shaikh Safiur-Rahman Mubarakpuri; translated by Nasiruddin al-Khattab; copyright held by Maktaba Dar-us-Salam, 2002.

piXie
07-05-2007, 04:30 AM

ok cool

Question to the Mods team

"Islam in its totality is based on Patience (Sabr)"

a) give the Islamic definition of Patience

b) What is the most difficult type of Patience ?
c) Around how many times is patience mentioned in the Quran ? [ coz pearl asked me to make it hard.

]

the time now is 5:25am (my time :p)

START :shade:

IB-Staff
07-07-2007, 02:26 PM
:sl: Unnecessary posts deleted. You can feel free to use the Brainstorming for the Face off thread to discuss the questions and to mention the time left.

P.s: To make the game easier and get more participants, it was decided earlier that a team gets 2 days to have a go at the question. So be patient and dont give time updates every hour.

Over to Admins and SuperMODs to answer. They got two days.

piXie
07-14-2007, 09:32 AM

ANSWERS

a) “Sabr” is an Arabic word that comes from a root meaning to detain, refrain and stop. Patience means to stop ourselves from despairing and panicking, to stop our tongues from complaining, and to stop our hands from striking at times of stress and grief. Patience means to keep close to Allah and to accept calmly the trails He sends. A scholar said: “to have patience means that one’s common sense and religious motives r stronger than one’s whims and desires".

b) The most difficult type of patience is when u have a strong motive to commit an action and also have the ability/means to do so, but STILL refrain from doing it. and the stronger the motive and ability, the harder it is to be patient. whereas if one has NO motive to kill, drink alcohol, or steal, and at the same time is NOT able to do it, will find abstaining from these things EASY.

Among the most difficult types of patience is patience in refraining from committing wrong actions of speech - such as backbiting and slander, telling lies to create trouble between ppl, and praising oneself explicitly or implicitly, and insulting people one does not like and praising those whom one does like - these are all 'entertaining' and 'enjoyable'. there is a strong motive to commit these wrong actions, and it is so easy to move one's tongue and speak, so the patience required to abstain from them is particularly difficult.

therefore the Prophet (SAW) told Mu'adh, "Control ur tongue". Mu'adh asked, "Are we accountable for what we say?" The Prophet (SAW) answered, "Is there anything other than the wrong actions of speech that cause ppl to be thrown in Hell on their faces ?"

Once wrong actions of speech have become a habit, patience becomes even MORE difficult. so u might see a man who stays up all night praying, fasts all day, and would refrain from touching the pillow if it were made of silk, yet he gives his tongue free rein in BACKBITING, SLANDERING and causing TROUBLE between people.

The tongue is deep inside, enclosed between our teeth, between our jaws, and between our cheeks. whereas the ears are on the surface. this signifies that we should TALK LESS, and LISTEN MORE.

especially in a TENSE environment if we cause even one wrong word to slip out of our mouth, it causes a whole chain of nasty reactions to take place :phew

Misuse of the tongue can KILL the peace, cause FITNAH beyond FITNAH, and has so many EVIL consequences. It destroys brotherhood and unity, which the Muslims so badly need. But the shaytaan has made this look like such a small sin, so that we commit it freely and easily. :offended:

there's a saying in urdu which says "aik chub, hazaar shukh" - meaning "one silence, thousands at peace"

so we should exercise patience in controlling our tongue, even if it means biting it :skeleton:

And even if we - *erm WAIT :confused: m supposed to be giving the answers, not giving a lecture :confused:

sheesh sorry :embarrass

*back to the answering the question*

There is another Hadith that 7 type of people will be shaded in the shade of Allah’s throne for their perfect patience :-

• the patience of a absolute ruler who is JUST in all situations, regardless of his own feelings.

• the patience of a young man in worshipping/obeying Allah and suppressing is whims and desires.

• the patience of a man who stayed in the mosque

• the patience of a man who resists the temptation of a woman of beauty and status

• the patience of two men who part for the sake of Allah, in keeping their relationship for the sake of Allah

• the patience of the man who gives sadaqah in keeping his sadaqah secret

• and the patience of one who weeps out of fear of Allah, in keeping that secret and not telling others about it.

All these are amongst the MOST difficult types of patience.

Therefore, the punishment of an old man who commits adultery, a king who tells lies, and a poor man who is arrogant is more severe, because it is EASY for them to keep away from such actions, and does not require much in the way of Patience. Their attitude indicates that they are willfully REBELLING against Allah.

c) Imam Ahmad said: “Allah has mentioned patience in the Quran in ninety places.

~And Allah Knows Best ~

May Allah give us all the Tawfeeq to exercise patience and be grateful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(from the book “Uddat as –sabirin wa dhakhirat ash-shakirin” by Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah)

IceQueen~
01-08-2008, 05:54 PM
right so is it members turn to ask again?

If so next QUESTION

In the Quran there are some words that sometimes appear written with a 'taa marbuta' (ة) at the end and sometimes written with 'taa maftuha' (ت) at the end.

Of these words is the word نعمة which also appears written with a 'taa maftuha'- نعمت

QUESTION- HOW MANY times does this word appear written with a 'taa maftuha' (نعمت) (at end) in the Qur'an and WHERE?

clue: the number of times it appears with 'taa maftuha' is less than 20 :D

IceQueen~
01-08-2008, 07:46 PM
EDIT: aimed at erm Admins and you can have another day starts today Thursday 10th Jan (14:54 GMT time)

Muhammad
01-13-2008, 11:13 PM

I think the answer to how many times the word نعمت appears in the Qur'an is 17. I have listed the places below. There were 2 places where the online Qur'an had it written in a taa marbutah form, but the mushaf had it in taa maftuha form, so I have included those 2 in bold:

Al-Baqara [2:122]
يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ اذْكُرُواْ نِعْمَتِيَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأَنِّي فَضَّلْتُكُمْ عَلَى الْعَالَمِينَ

Al-Baqara [2:40]

يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ اذْكُرُواْ نِعْمَتِيَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأَوْفُواْ بِعَهْدِي أُوفِ بِعَهْدِكُمْ وَإِيَّايَ فَارْهَبُونِ

Al-Baqara [2:47]
يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ اذْكُرُواْ نِعْمَتِيَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأَنِّي فَضَّلْتُكُمْ عَلَى الْعَالَمِينَ

Al-Imran [3:103]

Al-Ma'idah [5:11]

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ اذْكُرُواْ نِعْمَتَ اللّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذْ هَمَّ قَوْمٌ أَن يَبْسُطُواْ إِلَيْكُمْ أَيْدِيَهُمْ فَكَفَّ أَيْدِيَهُمْ عَنكُمْ وَاتَّقُواْ اللّهَ وَعَلَى اللّهِ فَلْيَتَوَكَّلِ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ

Yusuf [12:6]
وَكَذَلِكَ يَجْتَبِيكَ رَبُّكَ وَيُعَلِّمُكَ مِن تَأْوِيلِ الأَحَادِيثِ وَيُتِمُّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكَ وَعَلَى آلِ يَعْقُوبَ كَمَا أَتَمَّهَا عَلَى أَبَوَيْكَ مِن قَبْلُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْحَقَ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ

Ibrahim [14:28]

Ibrahim [14:34]
وَآتَاكُم مِّن كُلِّ مَا سَأَلْتُمُوهُ وَإِن تَعُدُّواْ نِعْمَتَ اللّهِ لاَ تُحْصُوهَا إِنَّ الإِنسَانَ لَظَلُومٌ كَفَّارٌ

An-Nahl [16:72]
وَاللّهُ جَعَلَ لَكُم مِّنْ أَنفُسِكُمْ أَزْوَاجًا وَجَعَلَ لَكُم مِّنْ أَزْوَاجِكُم بَنِينَ وَحَفَدَةً وَرَزَقَكُم مِّنَ الطَّيِّبَاتِ أَفَبِالْبَاطِلِ يُؤْمِنُونَ وَبِنِعْمَتِ اللّهِ هُمْ يَكْفُرُونَ

An-Nahl [16:81]
وَاللّهُ جَعَلَ لَكُم مِّمَّا خَلَقَ ظِلاَلاً وَجَعَلَ لَكُم مِّنَ الْجِبَالِ أَكْنَانًا وَجَعَلَ لَكُمْ سَرَابِيلَ تَقِيكُمُ الْحَرَّ وَسَرَابِيلَ تَقِيكُم بَأْسَكُمْ كَذَلِكَ يُتِمُّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُسْلِمُونَ

An-Nahl [16:83]
يَعْرِفُونَ نِعْمَتَ اللّهِ ثُمَّ يُنكِرُونَهَا وَأَكْثَرُهُمُ الْكَافِرُونَ

An-Nahl [16:114]
فَكُلُواْ مِمَّا رَزَقَكُمُ اللّهُ حَلالاً طَيِّبًا وَاشْكُرُواْ نِعْمَتَ اللّهِ إِن كُنتُمْ إِيَّاهُ تَعْبُدُونَ

An-Naml [27:19]
فَتَبَسَّمَ ضَاحِكًا مِّن قَوْلِهَا وَقَالَ رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِي أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ وَعَلَى وَالِدَيَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَالِحًا تَرْضَاهُ وَأَدْخِلْنِي بِرَحْمَتِكَ فِي عِبَادِكَ الصَّالِحِينَ

Luqman [31:31]

أَلَمْ تَرَ أَنَّ الْفُلْكَ تَجْرِي فِي الْبَحْرِ بِنِعْمَتِ اللَّهِ لِيُرِيَكُم مِّنْ آيَاتِهِ إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِّكُلِّ صَبَّارٍ شَكُورٍ

Fatir [35:3]

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اذْكُرُوا نِعْمَتَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ هَلْ مِنْ خَالِقٍ غَيْرُ اللَّهِ يَرْزُقُكُم مِّنَ السَّمَاء وَالْأَرْضِ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ فَأَنَّى تُؤْفَكُونَ

Al-Fath [48:2]

لِيَغْفِرَ لَكَ اللَّهُ مَا تَقَدَّمَ مِن ذَنبِكَ وَمَا تَأَخَّرَ وَيُتِمَّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكَ وَيَهْدِيَكَ صِرَاطًا مُّسْتَقِيمًا

At-Tur [52:29]

فَذَكِّرْ فَمَا أَنتَ بِنِعْمَتِ رَبِّكَ بِكَاهِنٍ وَلَا مَجْنُونٍ

And Allaah (swt) knows best.

IceQueen~
01-15-2008, 10:15 AM
:sl: The number of places this word appears in the Qur'an in maftuha form is 11:

1- Al-Baqara: 231

2,3,4- Al-Nahl: 72, 83, 114

5,6- Ibrahim: 28, 34

7- Al-Ma'idah: 11

8- Luqman: 31

9- Fatir: 3

10- Al-Tur: 29

11- 'Al Imran: 103

MashaAllah you've found 10 of these (all in bold).

As for the extra you've found- I should have made the question clearer:

POINT 1
Taa marbutah lit. means the 'tied up'/'connected Taa' (the ends are connected to form a circle)- ة

Taa maftuha lit. means the 'opened Taa' (the ends are NOT connected together as apposed to Taa marbutah)- ت

POINT 2
When Taa marbutah is joined to a letter after it- it is written as the Taa maftuha is written, hence- نعمة + ي = نعمتي

POINT 3
The word نعمة is originally supposed to be with a Taa marbutah.
This is how it is normally found in the Arabic language - (except when (as explained above) it is joined to a letter after it (such as yaa) then it is written like the maftuha form is written) - BUT there are some places in the Qur'an (11) that have this word نعمة written WITHOUT anything joined after it,- but still in maftuha form instead- نعمت

(These are the 11 anomalies that I wanted)

POINT 4
The reason this is important to know is in the rules of Starting and Stopping (الوقف والإبتداء) when reading the Qur'an.

When you stop on a word that ends in Taa marbutah this changes to a 'haa' ه sound. (So نعمة would be stopped on as نعمه )

Whereas if the word ends in a Taa maftuha then when stopped on, it keeps its 'taa' sound. (So نعمت would stopped on retaining its 'taa' sound)

Since I didn't make the Question clear enough and you found most of the correct ones anyway, Admins team can have a point inshaAllah.

Muhammad
01-16-2008, 10:45 PM

Jazakallahu khayr for that useful clarification - I realise what I did wrong.

Also, Jazakallahu khayr for the point. I think the next question is for the Mods... so we'll be asking that soon Insha'Allaah.

------
06-18-2008, 08:40 AM

How soon is soon? Lol :p

'Abd al-Baari
06-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh

Okay, Alhamdulillah, we can give this game another go. I've posted Bro Qatada's Explanation of the game, and made some modifications, to suite the new rules.

This new trivia game is called 'Face-Off'. In order to promote a friendly face-off and healthy trivia challenge, which should encourage us to learn and at the same time have a good time, we're going to see who ends up winning this Face-Off, and learns the most!

Participants:

Teams will consist of usergrous. In other words, there will be:

Staff Team
Members Team

Contrary to your opinions at this point, the amount of members on the team won't be of benefit, but rather, how well you work together, Insha'Allah.

Game Premises

This trivia will revolve around 7 trivia categories.

1) Knowledge of the Sahabah (radhiAllaahu anhum)
2) General Knowledge
3) Name the famous Qur'an Recitor
4) The Seerah of the Prophet Muhammad, salah allahu 'alayhi wa salam.
5) The Lives of the Previous Prophets.
6) Famous Figures
7) Qur'an Questions

Teams can only ask questions from the above categories. Please be precise with your questions so that it is clear and understandable to everyone.

The trivia will start with the Staff Team asking the first question. The 'Face-Off' challenge begins when the question is posted on this thread.

The Members Team will have 1 Week (max) to answer the question. If the question happens to be left unanswered, the Staff Team will immediately be awarded 1 point to their points basket. It means that their question is either too hard, or the other team lacks team effort.

If the Members Team answers the question, they can go on to ask the next question. However if they do not, the Staff Team can decide whether they want to ask the next question, or will allow for the Members Team to challenge them.

If a team member answers it correctly, it is upon any member from that group to pick up the task and ask a question from the 7 categories listed above.

Side rules:

- First three answers from the challenger group will qualify. For example, if a group posts 20 answers, only the first three will be taken into consideration as the correct answer.

- A member cannot answer twice.

- A member cannot edit, nor change his/her answer. If the edit bar shows an editing signal, the answer will be ignored. However, if the member edits his/her answer due to a spelling error after his/her answer has been accepted as correct, that editing will be allowed. The challenger has to accept that it was only a spelling error, and that the entire answer wasn't changed. No points will be lost in this case.

The Staff team will commence the challenge with their question to the challengers.
Hope my changes make sense, :-[

JazakAllah Khayr to bro Qatada!

BlissfullyJaded
06-18-2008, 08:30 PM

Ah okay, there won't be seperations of admins, supermods, mods, and members, right? Just the members vs staff? Okies, sounds good.

Now...ask a question!

'Abd al-Baari
06-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh

The Staff Team have chosen The Lives of the Previous Prophets as the first category.

The Prophet Salaallahu Alayhi Wasalaam said, that "The sun has never been held back for a human being from setting except for _______"

Which Prophet of Allah is he referring too?

The Members Team have until next Jumma' to post the correct answer Insha'Allah!

Jazakumallahu Khayr!

Amat Allah
06-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Yoshaa Bin Noon salla Allaho Alyhi wa sallam

'Abd al-Baari
06-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Masha'Allah that is the correct answer! :thumbs_up

Imaam Ahmad has narrated from Abu Hurayrah RA that the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wassalam said: "The sun has never been held back for a human being from setting except for Joshua" Ahmad [2:325]

And to explain who the Prophet Alayhis Salaam is, he is Joshua bin Nun bin Ephrahim bin Joseph bin Jacob bin Isaac bin Abraham

The Members Team now have 1 Point and Insha'Allah it is now their to ask the question.

WaAlaykumus Salaam

Afifa
06-22-2008, 04:52 PM

question is

How long did Hazrat Adam (A.S) live for? :? :)

Na7lah
06-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Bump!!!!

'Abd al-Baari
06-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh,

1000 Years.

It is narrated by Ibn Abbas and Abu Hurayrah Radiyallahu Anhum from the Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam that his age was written in the Preserved Tablet (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz) as one thousand years.

Ibn Kathirs' Stories of the Prophets. [The Story of Adam and Eve]

:w: :)

Güven
06-25-2008, 08:59 PM
1000 Years !!!???

Na7lah
06-25-2008, 09:02 PM
mods ask next inshallah

Al-Zaara
06-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Leaders 1 - 1 Members

Al-Hanbali
06-26-2008, 08:59 PM

Hope the other mods dont mind me asking the next Q:

Name the 4 most famous scholars who were upon the aqeedah & manhaj of the Salaf, and were known to be followers of the Maaliki fiqh. They were from al-Maghrib wa al-Andalus region.

Al-Zaara
06-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Aleykum selam we rahmetallahu we berekathu,

The Members' Team answers firstly with the following:
Ibn Abd al-Barr - Andalusia
Ibn Abi Zayd al-Qayrawani - Maghreb
al-Wansharisi - Maghreb
Ibn Khaldun - Maghreb

Al-Hanbali
06-27-2008, 09:57 PM
wa 'alaikum salaam wa rahmatullaah wa barakaatuh,

^ 2 of the 4 names are correct:

Ibn Abi Zayd al-Qayrawani (d.386H) - Maghreb
Ibn 'Abd al-Barr (d.463H) - Andalusia

Still looking for 2 more names...

Amat Allah
06-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Abo Omar At Tilmanki
Abo Bakir At Tartoshi
Ibin Habib Al Maliki
Sahnon bin Saeed

'Abd al-Baari
06-28-2008, 03:52 PM

None of the above are correct but Masha'Allah you have 2 already correct

You still have 1 chance left to post the remaing 2 correct answer. :)

Good Luck!!

Al-Hanbali
06-28-2008, 10:49 PM

^ actually, sister Amat Allah got one masha'Allaah; Abu 'Umar at-Talamankee (d.429H) - Andalus.

One more to go...

Güven
06-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Bismillah
This Is It , Forgive Me If Its Wrong :

Abu 'Umar at-Talamankee (d.429H) - Andalus.

Yahya ibn Yahya al-Laythi

Güven
06-30-2008, 04:19 PM
^ BUmP :D

Al-Hanbali
06-30-2008, 04:32 PM

^ sorry akhi, the final name I was looking for was Ibn Abi Zamaneen (d.399H).

Al-Zaara
06-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Aleykum selam we rahmetallahu we berekathu,

May I ask brother Saifur-Rahmaan, what was your basis to name these four Maliki scholars the 4 most famous? Who has stated that those 4 are the 4 most famous?

Al-Hanbali
06-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Wa 'alaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Sheikh Saalih as-Suhaymee (hafidhahullaah) mentions in his talk on the Aqeedah of Ibn Abi Zayd al-Qayrawaani, that the for most famous 'ulamaa from the Maalikiyyah, who were known for spreading and teaching the aqeedah and manhaj of the salaf were:

1. Ibn Abi Zayd al-Qayrawaani (d.386H)
2. Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr (d.463H)
3. Abu ‘Umar at-Talamankee (d.429H)
4. Ibn Abi Zamaneen (d.399H)

This is obviously not to say that there werent other scholars of the same calibre.

Wallaahu A'lam.

Güven
06-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Oh OK , It WAS a Real Diffucult Question , But atleast we Tried :)

Al-Zaara
06-30-2008, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan
Wa 'alaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Sheikh Saalih as-Suhaymee (hafidhahullaah) mentions in his talk on the Aqeedah of Ibn Abi Zayd al-Qayrawaani, that the for most famous 'ulamaa from the Maalikiyyah, who were known for spreading and teaching the aqeedah and manhaj of the salaf were:

1. Ibn Abi Zayd al-Qayrawaani (d.386H)
2. Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr (d.463H)
3. Abu ‘Umar at-Talamankee (d.429H)
4. Ibn Abi Zamaneen (d.399H)

This is obviously not to say that there werent other scholars of the same calibre.

Wallaahu A'lam.
No, of course not. I just wanted the source. And jazakAllah kheyr!!
Very nice question, for it's been a time since I read something about the Maliki madhab or its scholars. Huge jazakAllah kheyr!

Now are we Members suppoused to ask the next question or is it still the Leaders' turn, because we didn't manage to answer the question correctly?

Güven
06-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Yep This Question Has Learned Me Much About The Maliki Madhab , Realy Good Question :thumbs_up

Al-Hanbali
06-30-2008, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
No, of course not. I just wanted the source. And jazakAllah kheyr!!
Very nice question, for it's been a time since I read something about the Maliki madhab or its scholars. Huge jazakAllah kheyr!

Now are we Members suppoused to ask the next question or is it still the Leaders' turn, because we didn't manage to answer the question correctly?
Barak'Allaah feeki,

errrm I think you guys can give a question now. btw i think the Staff team get a point :?

Al-Zaara
06-30-2008, 05:06 PM
We feek. Yes, I re-read the rules, we didn't answer right so you'll get 1 point. But we did answer something, meaning we are to ask the next question now. InshaAllah, we'll soon come up with a good one.

Leaders 2 - 1 Members

Na7lah
06-30-2008, 06:12 PM
next question: What is raum in tajweed and what are the conditions, reasons and benefits plus what are the dif between raum and ikhtilaas? List three differences

Al-Hanbali
07-02-2008, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
next question: What is raum in tajweed and what are the conditions, reasons and benefits plus what are the dif between raum and ikhtilaas? List three differences
Bismillaah ... on behalf of the staff team:

The linguistic meaning of ‘Raum’ is ‘The request’. The tajweed definition is the weakening of the sound with a vowel until most of its sound disappears with that weakening. It is also defined as using part of a vowel.

The scholars have determined that the weakening of the sound with a vowel, or reciting with part of a vowel is one third when stopping with ‘Raum’. More is removed from the vowel than that which remains when reciting with ‘Raum’. The sound is weakened due to the shortening of its time.

Stopping with ‘Raum’ can be on:
dhammah of conjugated and fixed dhammahs.
kasrah of conjugated and fixed kasrahs.

It does not matter if the letter stopped on is with or without a shaddah, whether the last letter is a hamzah or not, or whether it is a tanween or not.

If there is a tanween however, it must not:
"Maftoohah"; meaning it must not have a fat-ha.
“Ism Maqsoorah”; (a word with a tanween ending with alif maqsoora).

*The tanween in both of these cases is changed into an alif when stopping.

*‘Raum’ cannot be on a fat-ha whether it is conjugated or fixed and it also cannot be on a presented kasrah or dhammah put on a letter to get rid of the occurrence of two saakin letters juxtaposed.

Sheikh Ash-Shatabee described ‘Raum’ as:
• “And your ‘Raum’ is listening to your vowel when stopping”.
• “With a hidden sound every close one {can hear}”.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 differences between 'Raum' and 'Ikhtilaas' are:

Raum’:
• 1/3 of the vowel is used. The amount of vowel that went is more than what remains.
• It can only be when stopping at the end of a word.
• Can only be in fixed dhammah and kasrah (not presented) vowels.

Ikhtilaas’:
• 2/3 of the vowel remains. The amount of vowel that remains is more than what has left.
• Not when stopping at the end of a word; but can be at the end when continuing or in the middle of a word.
• Can be in all three vowels, conjugated or not.

IceQueen~
07-03-2008, 04:24 PM
JazakAllah khayran that's all correct mashaAllah!!!

You have explained all the conditions but still need to give the reasons and benefits of raum

Al-Zaara
07-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Selam aleykum, everyone

format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
You have explained all the conditions but still need to give the reasons and benefits of raum
The Staff team wasn't able to answer the whole question (the above parts were left unanswered) in time and therefor one point goes to the Members team, inshaAllah.

Staff 2 - 2 Members

IceQueen~
07-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Bismillaah, on behalf of the Members Team

The answer:

Raum is only done with words ending in original kasra and damma but not fat7a (as you stated) the Reason is because kasra is the strongest 7araka and then damma is next while fat7a is the weakest.

With Raum the sound is weakened since you cancel 2/3rds of the 7araka, so if you tried to do this with fat7a it would disapear completely because it is already quite weak.

(This is the reason why Ikhtilaas can be applied with fat7a as well because only 1/3rd of the 7araka is cancelled)

The Benefits of Raum are that even though you are stopping (and whereas otherwise you would stop with sukoon with no indication of the final 7arakat) you are able to show the orginal 7arakat during Raum and this helps clarify the meaning. This is also the reason why Raum is not applied to presented 7arakat, as they have nothing to do with the meaning and only occur because of two saakins meeting iltiqaa' as-saaakinayn.

Na7lah
07-14-2008, 10:32 PM
who's turn is it now?

'Abd al-Baari
07-14-2008, 10:43 PM

The current score, is 2-2. :)

As the last question was left partially unanswered, and as per the new rules, the Members team, can either choose to ask another question, or allow the Staff team to ask.

JazakAllah Khayr.

Na7lah
07-22-2008, 08:45 PM
On behalf of the members team this is the next q:

What do you say about:

A wise ,a dult ,and muslim man who is not ignorant and knew all the religion (Islamic) rules you gave him the Maitah (dead animals) as a gift, and he ate from it with out being hungry without being forced by necessity and he is not sining by doing this?

&

A wise ,a dult ,and muslim man who is not ignorant and knew all the religion (Islamic) rules prayed and never make Sujood and his prayer is right?

Na7lah
07-29-2008, 04:33 PM
only a day left

Al-Hanbali
07-29-2008, 11:10 PM

Bismillaah,

A wise ,adult ,and muslim man who is not ignorant and knew all the religion (Islamic) rules you gave him the Maitah (dead animals) as a gift, and he ate from it with out being hungry without being forced by necessity and he is not sining by doing this?
To consume dead animals; it has been forbidden by Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) when He mentions in the Qur’aan:

“Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten....” (Surah Maa’idah: Ayah 3)

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan mentions:

“As for the dead, it is the animal which dies without being slaughtered according to the legal way of slaughtering. It is forbidden by reason of being an evil food, as one’s purity is surely affected by the kind of food one eats. Prohibiting such kinds of food is one of the virtues of the Shari’ah (Islamic Law). However if one is compelled to eat such a food, it is lawful for him to do so and the aspect of being impure and evil is nullified under the circumstance of necessity. This is because the evil impure affects of the food is only there when one is willing to accept eating such a kind of food...” (A Summary of Islamic Fiqh, page 651)

A wise ,a dult ,and muslim man who is not ignorant and knew all the religion (Islamic) rules prayed and never make Sujood and his prayer is right?
Sujood (prostration) is one of the arkaan (pillars) of as-Salaah and it is obligatory to perform it. If intentionally neglected, the Salaah will be invalidated, however, if neglected inattentively, the prayer is not invalidated, and performing Sajdah as-Sahw (Prostration of forgetfulness) will be obligatory then.

Allaah mentions in the Qur’aan:

“O you who believe! Bow down, and prostrate yourselves, and worship your Lord and do good that you may be successful.” (Surah Hajj: Ayah 77)

“We have already stated the Qur'anic verse dealing with this obligatory act. The Prophet explained it in a hadith by saying, "Then prostrate until you attain calmness in your prostration, then rise (and sit) until you attain calmness in your sitting, and then prostrate until you gain calmness in your prostration. The first prostration, sitting afterwards, the second prostration and calmness during all of these acts are obligatory in every rak'ah of every obligatory or superogatory prayer.” (Fiqh as-Sunnah, Volume 1, Page 123a: Obligatory acts of prayer, Prostration)

Na7lah
07-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Akhi both the men in both situations didnt sin u have to explain how that is possible

hope am not confusin u guys :X

'Abd al-Baari
07-30-2008, 09:54 AM

That's just confusing :-[.

On behalf of the Staff Team,

In the first case, the man could be eating Fish. They are not slaughtered like other animals, but are still halal to eat.

About the second one, it could be Salaatul Mayyit, which doesn't have a sajdah, therefore his Salaah counts, and he is not sinning.

If the above are wrong, the Staff Team still have one atempt to answer the question.

:w: :)

Al-Zaara
07-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Aleykum selam,

NO, sorry, both are right! Hehehehe... Sorry. I forgot it (Salatul Mayyit) has another name. *ehem*

MashaAllah, both answers are correct! Dead fish and Namaz-e-Janaza!

'Abd al-Baari
07-30-2008, 10:06 AM

MashaAllah, you have gotten the first answer right. It's dead fish.
Alhamdulillah, :), you should know though that it wasn't me that solved it :-[

Al-Zaara
07-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Aleykum selam, brother,

Well, 'you' can also be plural innit. :D

You got BOTH right (I was too eager to reply! :-[) and that means...

Staff 3 - 2 Members

BlissfullyJaded
07-29-2009, 08:48 PM

I truly apologize for the delay, please forgive me. :hiding:

On behalf of the staff team, the members team is challenged with the following question:
In the earliest days of Islam the adhaan was called once for Jumuah. However, after some time had passed the khaleef issued an order for it be called twice, with the second adhaan being called just before the khutbah is delivered.
Who was the khaleef who introduced this, what year was it in, and why?

BlissfullyJaded
08-05-2009, 07:57 AM

Bumping up so that somebody notices a question was asked... I understand if it was missed...

nightingale
08-07-2009, 02:49 AM
Khalifa Uthman bin Affaan (radhi Allahu anhu) issued the order for adhaan to be called twice when the Muslims increased in number.

I do not know which year, I hope someone answers that part.

BlissfullyJaded
08-11-2009, 03:36 AM
Weird, I thought I responded. However, yes, that is correct.

Anybody to answer the remaining question. :)

BintAbee
08-13-2009, 06:23 PM

Is it 30 A.H. :?

Al Mu'minaat
09-29-2009, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
Jazakhalah Khayran for sharing...

piXie
07-05-2011, 04:23 PM
:bump: Time to revive this poor abandoned game, which has been buried beneath cobwebs for years :o

Might work better if there were only 2 teams, Staff vs Members :shade:

format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah
In the earliest days of Islam the adhaan was called once for Jumuah. However, after some time had passed the khaleef issued an order for it be called twice, with the second adhaan being called just before the khutbah is delivered.
Who was the khaleef who introduced this, what year was it in, and why?

This adhaan would be given in the market place to remind the people that Salatul Jumuah is about to begin soon. :D

Endymion
04-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Whao this sounds like an amazing thread.Can anyone plz care to continue it :hmm:

P.S.
Woho Muslim Woman,Insaanah and Aadil will turn into Modzila soon :ooh:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.