/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Face-Off!

Pages : [1] 2

- Qatada -
05-22-2006, 03:49 PM
:salamext:

All praise is due to Allah, and May His peace and blessing be upon our Prophet, Mohammed, sal Allaahu alaihi waSalam. .

This new trivia game is called 'Face-Off'. In order to promote a friendly face-off and healthy trivia challenge, which should encourage us to learn and at the same time have a good time, we're going to see who ends up winning this Face-Off.

Participants:

Teams will consist of usergrous. In other words, there will be:
  • The Admin Team
  • SuperMods Team.
  • Mods Team.
  • Members Team (Members team can brainstorm in this thread)
Contrary to your opinions at this point, the amount of members on the team won't be of benefit, but rather, how well you work together. That is why the Admin team are confident that they will come out victorious in this challenge, Inshaa Allah.

Game Premises

This trivia will revolve around 7 trivia categories.

1) Knowledge of the Sahabah (radhiAllaahu anhum)

2) World History (General knowledge)

3) Name the famous Qur'an Recitor

4) The Seerah of the Prophet Muhammad, salah allahu 'alayhi wa salam.

5) The Lives of the Previous Prophets.

6) Famous figures (General Knowledge)

7) Qur'an Questions.

Teams can only ask questions from the above categories. Please be precise with your questions so that it is clear and understandable to everyone.

The trivia will start with the Admin Team alongside the challenger they choose. The 'Face-Off' challenge begins when the question is posted on their thread. The challenger will have 24 hours (max) to answer the question. If the question happens to be left unanswered, the Admin Team will immediately be awarded 1 point to their points basket. It means that their question is either too hard, or the other team lacks team effort.

If the challenger answers the question, they will get the chance to choose the next face-off. They cannot face-off with their previous challenger, but they must choose another team.

The objective of the game is to earn/answer 3 points from each category in the quickest possible time!

If a team member answers it correctly, it is upon any member from that group to pick up the task and ask a question from the 5 categories listed above. Please remember to name the challenger group! If for some reason the group doesn't answer the question, the other usergroups have the option to pick-up the question and answer it. The first group to answer correctly (6-12 hr time span) will get the point.

Side rules:

- First three answers from the challenger group will qualify. For example, if a group posts 20 answers, only the first three will be taken into consideration as the correct answer.

- A member cannot answer twice.

- A member cannot edit, nor change his/her answer. If the edit bar shows an editing signal, the answer will be ignored. However, if the member edits his/her answer due to a spelling error after his/her answer has been accepted as correct, that editing will be allowed. The challenger has to accept that it was only a spelling error, and that the entire answer wasn't changed. No points will be lost in this case.

The Admin team will commence the challenge with their question to the challengers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-22-2006, 05:22 PM
:wasalamex

The rules say:

The trivia will start with the Admin Team alongside the challenger they choose.

So lets wait for the admins insha'Allaah.

Khaldun
05-22-2006, 08:56 PM
:sl:

Ok Bismilah I, or should I say We challenge the SuperMods. Since my fav topic is Quran here is the Question.

The scholars of Islam have agreed upon the exsistence of something known as "Firasa" in the arabic language, which basically means, to have a good feeling about a person. Even if you have never met the person, you meet him and feel straight away subhanAllah this person is pious etc. So the Question is

1) Give me an example of Firasa in the Quran.

2) Give me Another example from the Quran of Firasa.

BlissfullyJaded
05-23-2006, 01:53 AM

It was aimed for only the SuperMods to answer. So nobody try to help the SuperMods! :X

format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun
Ok Bismilah I, or should I say We challenge the SuperMods.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
05-23-2006, 09:08 PM

This is slightly late, but since the forum went down for a bit, I guess that is partly to blame :).

This reply is on behalf of my fellow teammates, and is the result of some collective research.

a. The first example of Firasah in the Qur'an is when the daughter of Shu'aib saw good in Musa (as):
[28.26] Said one of them: O my father! employ him, surely the best of those that you can employ is the strong man, the faithful one.
b. The second example is when the Aziz of Egypt bought Yusuf and wanted to keep him as a son:
[12.21] And the Egyptian who bought him said to his wife: Give him an honorable abode, maybe he will be useful to us, or we may adopt him as a son.
And Allaah knows best.

:w:

Khaldun
05-23-2006, 09:36 PM

Indeed Allah knows best, and has blessed you (supermods) with knowledge aswell. MashAllah Correct!

- Qatada -
05-23-2006, 09:52 PM

Super mods, your turn to ask the question insha'Allaah.

Far7an
05-24-2006, 01:54 PM

Super mods, your turn to ask the question insha'Allaah.
Ok, we challenge the Mods Team aka the brownies.

The category will be

I have attached a recitation of surah al munafiqoon, guess the recitor.

You have 24 hours!

Far7an
05-26-2006, 09:25 AM

Times up, mods team do not win a point unfortunately. :) The question is open to the other teams! You have 12 hours to answer!

Far7an
05-27-2006, 01:50 PM

Times up again. The correct answer was Hassan Mseemak, if you were searching on english sites, you were wasting your time... He is mainly on the arab sites and sold widely in most arab countries.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-27-2006, 02:27 PM

Who's turn to give out a question? (Btw, how are we supposed to know arabic? :confused: )

Umm Yoosuf
05-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Exactly :(

Whose turn is it for the question?

BlissfullyJaded
05-27-2006, 07:46 PM

We will challenge the Member team
Category:

Question:
Who was Abdullah ibn Uthmaan ibn Kaf? Give us some information about him.

You have 24 hours.

:)

Abdullah4ever
05-27-2006, 08:16 PM

Hmm... I recognize Abdullah Ibn Uthmaan as Abu Bakr?

He was the prophets companion first of the rightly guided khalifa's and father of Aisha (ra) and Asmaa. He was one of the prophets closest companion and is buired near him in Masjid An Nabawi

Lol i think i got it wrong :(

BlissfullyJaded
05-28-2006, 02:36 AM

Alhamdulillah you got it right. :thumbs_up

Members team time to ask a question. :)

piXie
05-28-2006, 07:57 AM

great game mashallah :thumbs_up

ok th member team asks ther question:

erm this is for th super mods

question on Quran:how many verses in th Quran talk about th characteristics of a hypocrite?

ur not allowed to ask br Khaldun:p

its 8:56am.......u hav 24 hrs......STARTIN NOW!!

piXie
05-28-2006, 07:51 PM

still not replied

U GOT 12hrs 9min AND 45secs left!!

gud luck:p

Far7an
05-29-2006, 07:46 AM

The great scholar Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawzee (May Allaah have mercy on him) mentioned in his kitaab, 13 such verses.

piXie
05-29-2006, 07:50 AM

:confused: um is that ur answer?

piXie
05-29-2006, 07:51 AM

5mins left......

piXie
05-29-2006, 07:58 AM

last 10 seconds left..

10!.....9!.....8!.....7!.....6!.....5!......4!.... .3!.......2!.......1!..

blast off? *rollseyes* Nah!!

its FACE OFF!!!!!!!!

ina lina wa'ina ilaihi raje'oon

piXie
05-29-2006, 08:05 AM

ok now th admins and mods got a chance for a point. the question is all yours...ur baskets r waiting

its now 9:05am.......u got 12 hrs....starting NOW!!

Far7an
05-29-2006, 08:08 AM

Actually, you have to tell us the correct answer. It only gets passed on if we don't provide an answer, which we did.
If for some reason the group doesn't answer the question, the other usergroups have the option to pick-up the question and answer it. The first group to answer correctly (6-12 hr time span) will get the point.
:brother:

piXie
05-29-2006, 03:32 PM

O.....:embarrass...i missed that little detail

right then. ur answer is correct but it isnt th whole answer. so im afraid ur team cant basket a point

members question: how many verses in th Quran that talk about the characteristics of a hypocrite. heres th answer:

Surah 2: Al Baqarah verse 8-20 (13)
Surah 4: Al Nisa' verse 61-64/88-91/138-145 (15)
Surah 8: Al Anfal verse 49 (1)
Surah 9: Al Tawbah verse 64-68/73-80 (11)
Surah 24: Al Nur verse 47-50/53 (5)
Surah 29: Al' Anakabut verse 10-11 (2)
Surah 33: Al Ahzab verse 1/12-20/25-26/48/60-62/73 (16)
Surah 47: Muhammad verse 16 (1)
Surah 46: Al Ahqaf verse 25-30 (6)
Surah 48: Al Fath verse 6 (1)
Surah 57: Al Hadid verse 13-15 (3)
Surah 58: Al Mujadilah verse 8/14-19 (7)
Surah 59: Al Hashr verse 11-17 (7)
Surah 63: Al Munafiqun verse 1-8 (8)
Surah 66: Al Tahrim verse 9 (1)

so thats a total of 97 verses that talk about hypocrites

phew!....:phew:phew

ps. th members hav tied with th super mods:sister:

BlissfullyJaded
05-30-2006, 08:56 PM

The team due to ask a question is the Super Mods.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-31-2006, 12:12 PM
Come on then!

Umm Yoosuf
06-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Super Mods we are still waiting for your question Insha Allah.

Far7an
06-04-2006, 09:03 AM

Sorry for they delay. Here it is:

The SuperMod team would like to face off with the Admin team!

Once again we decide to pick 3) Name the famous Qur'an Recitor.

Surah al-Burooj is attached.

You have 24 hours.

Far7an
06-05-2006, 02:34 PM

Times up, the correct answer was Ramadhan al-sabagh. :brother:

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Stop asking questions about unknown recitors akhee... atleast do the well known ones... please?

piXie
06-05-2006, 02:46 PM

no th question was easy peasy

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-05-2006, 02:46 PM
It was? I've never heard of him.

piXie
06-05-2006, 02:48 PM

its ok never mind

i havent heard of him either.

he has a really beautiful voice Mash'Allah

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I didn't listen to it, because the question wasn't aimed at me.:statisfie

Far7an
06-05-2006, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Stop asking questions about unknown recitors akhee... atleast do the well known ones... please?
That would be too easy. Plus, I'm not asking a question for a while now.

Admins, your turn to ask.

Far7an
06-05-2006, 08:03 PM

The members team and moderators team have been awarded 1 point, and the supermods team have been deducted 1 point. This is because of a fault on my part, I should have offered them the question, but I forgot to.

Sorry zAk and Muhammad. :offended:

Umm Yoosuf
06-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Come on ADMINS!

piXie
06-09-2006, 04:19 PM
*waits for Admins question*

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-09-2006, 05:14 PM

I think the admins time should be declared up. :brother: Yay, or nay?

piXie
06-09-2006, 05:29 PM
theyr probably really busy so 'nay'

so lets giv em one mor day
if they still dont ask ther qs then 'yay'

duz that sound okay?:sister:

Khaldun
06-10-2006, 11:20 PM

We Challenge the Mods Team the Topic will be on the Seerah of the Prophet :arabic5:

Question:

How many white hairs did the Prophet :arabic5: have in his beared and hair in toto? (Please provide evidence for your statement)

You've got 24 hours from the 00.21 GTM on the 11 of June

- Qatada -
06-11-2006, 11:01 AM

I think its in tirmidhi..

Anas bin Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him - RadhiAllaahu anhu). reports: "I did not count more than fourteen white hair on the head and beard of RasoolAllaah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam)".

However, they had a difference of opinion because others counted abit more, and others abit less. Because it depended on what age they saw the hair of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him.)

Ibne Abbas R.A. reports: "Abu Bakr R.A. once said, 'O Messenger of Allah, you have become old'. (What is the reason? Due to this mild and soft temperament he ought to be young, and also according to his age he could be still called young).

Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) replied: "The recitation of Surahs Hud, Waaqiah, Mursalat, Amma and Kuwwirah has made me old'".

Commentary

Apart form these surahs the Surahs of Al-Haaqqah, Al-Qaariah, Al- Ghaashiah etc. have also been mentioned. In short all those surahs wherein frightening matters are mentioned, e.g. Qiyaamah, (Day of judgement) Hell, the Trumpet, the punishment of evil
people etc.

In hadith it is stated that Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) said: "If you knew what I know, you would laugh less and cry more. You would even stop going to your wives (or as he had said)". It is written in the Sharhus Sunnah that a person saw Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) in his dream. He asked: "O Rasulallah, (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam)! This hadith has reached me, that you said: 'Surah Hud has made me old'".

Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) replied: "There is one verse in it 'Wastaqim kama umirta' (Stay steadfast on the religion as I have commanded you). And it is well-known that to stay steadfast on the commandments of Allah is very difficult". That is why the Sufiya have written that to remain steadfast is better than a thousand miracles.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Khaldun
06-11-2006, 09:30 PM

MashAllah correct. May Allah reward you.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-12-2006, 02:37 PM

This question is to the members team.

Category is Knowledge of the Sahabah (radhiAllaahu anhum)

Define the word "Sahabi" and tell who is the Sahabi of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) that is still alive today and has yet to die?

You have 24 hours from now. You have until 10:36 EST on June 13, 2006

piXie
06-12-2006, 07:07 PM

th members answer:

defination of a sahabi:

1.one who has seen th prophet(pbuh),
2.believed in him(ie. a muslim),
3.and died as a muslim.

Isa(AS) met th prophet during th journey of miraj and he is alive.... still yet to die.

therefore th answer we could think of is jesus (pbuh)

and Allah knows best

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-12-2006, 07:29 PM

Mashallah! Thats the correct answer. I cound'nt have phrased it better myself. Inshallah your turn to ask a question.

Umm Yoosuf
06-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Come on members, it's your turn now.

Idris
06-14-2006, 11:16 PM

Q is for the Mods Team.

One day Allah tested prophet Dawud (David) (pbuh) with two men who had a problem.

What was the test and why did he get it wrong?

- Qatada -
06-15-2006, 10:45 AM

The two men were arguing about wealth. But it was in the form of sheep;

One man said that the other man persuaded him to give his 1 sheep, even though the other one had 99 sheep. So he wanted it back in return, because he felt that he had been treated unjustly.

Prophet Dawud (alayhi Salaam) gave the response, then suddenly - them two men vanished [they were probably angels in the form of men and it was a test from Allaah azawajal] - Prophet Dawud (alayhi Salaam) realised that it was a test from Allaah, and his mistake was that he never had listened to the other side of the story.

The reason the test occured [and Allaah knows best] was because Prophet Dawud (on him be peace) was a king, hence he had to deal with people justly, and even if the answer seemed obvious, it is important to listen to both sides of the argument.

.. and Allaah Almighty knows best.

Mohsin
06-15-2006, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

One man said that the other man persuaded him to give his 1 sheep, even though the other one had 99 sheep. So he wanted it back in return, because he felt that he had been treated unjustly.

Prophet Dawud (alayhi Salaam) gave the response, then suddenly - them two men vanished [they were probably angels in the form of men and it was a test from Allaah azawajal] - Prophet Dawud (alayhi Salaam) realised that it was a test from Allaah, and his mistake was that he never had listened to the other side of the story.

The reason the test occured [and Allaah knows best] was because Prophet Dawud (on him be peace) was a king, hence he had to deal with people justly, and even if the answer seemed obvious, it is important to listen to both sides of the argument.

I dunno about that, the answers right and everything, but it didn't say if the question was for the mods, i urge bro idris to edit his post and make question aimed at someone else, that way mods will lose points for answering too soon ;D

Jokes aside, its the right answer. Who's turn is it now?

Mohsin
06-15-2006, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Originally Posted by Idris
Q is for the Mods Team.
:rolleyes:
Guess i wasn't looking properly :embarrass

piXie
06-15-2006, 11:33 AM
we cant ask th mods team cus they just asked us....th question was for th super mods....brothr idris just forgot th 'super'

:sister:

piXie
06-15-2006, 12:38 PM

wat happens now:?

- Qatada -
06-15-2006, 01:00 PM

we'll let you members have another turn insha'Allaah to ask the question, to either the supermods, or admins insha'Allaah.

Sorry about before.

piXie
06-15-2006, 01:08 PM

ok then. I guess i will ask a question for now. brother idris can ask th next question insha'Allah.

question on Quraan:

how many verses are ther in th Quraan that mention prayer (Salah)?

we challenge th super mods again

its now 2:05pm.....u got 24 hrs.....starting now!!

Idris
06-15-2006, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Sorry I am late but
Yes, you are right well done ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by Idris

Q is for the Mods Team. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

One day Allah tested prophet Dawud (David) (pbuh) with two men who had a problem.

What was the test and why did he get it wrong?

Sorry I did not use color :(

piXie
06-16-2006, 09:35 AM

super mods uv got 4hrs 39mins and 25 secs left!!

com on.....

Far7an
06-16-2006, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A'isha
how many verses are ther in th Quraan that mention prayer (Salah)?
Time for me to embarras myself again.

I searched for the word صلاة which comes up 63 times. Now obviously that's not all the verses mentioning prayer, I could search for the root word sallaa. But that would bring up words which are not related to prayer.

Good question, tough.

piXie
06-16-2006, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

Time for me to embarras myself again.
nah...no way

I searched for the word صلاة which comes up 63 times. Now obviously that's not all the verses mentioning prayer, I could search for the root word sallaa. But that would bring up words which are not related to prayer.

Good question, tough.
com on super mods ur close....but if ur searchin th net ur wastin time....it hasnt got th answer:hiding:

thts it...not sayin no more:X

u cant let us get anothr point now can u?....not tht we mind:sister:

btw u got an less than an hour.......think...try.....

piXie
06-16-2006, 01:03 PM

last 10 seconds left....10...9....8....7....6.....5....4.....3.... .2.....1.....

FACE OFF!!!

BlissfullyJaded
06-17-2006, 03:14 AM

Since brother Far7an has attempted, the other teams do not get a chance. Therefore, answer please?

And after that inshaAllah a question from the super mods.

piXie
06-20-2006, 04:31 PM

the answer is....errrm i dont kno:X

actually im not sure :-\

when i asked th question i thought i had the answer.....but i found some more verses in the Quraan.....:zip:

so i was trying to find the answer ( phoning , checkin th Quraan index, counting as i went through th pages of the Quraan :phew etc ) but i um...only managed to find 130 verses.
but if theres more verses than that than Allahu'Alim.

errrm i hope thats ok :sister:

- Qatada -
06-20-2006, 10:08 PM

erm.. i think we'll let the supermods ask the question insha'Allaah, because they tried to answer the question - but none of us knew the answer.

you can ask any of the mods/supermods if you don't know what to do next, because everyone is working together on this insha'Allaah.

Far7an
06-21-2006, 12:36 PM

Oh dear, members asking questions without knowing the answers? I guess that means 1 point for the SuperMod team. And the members team gets 1 point deducted. This is fair, I removed a point from our team for doing something similar before.

Our next question:

We would like to Face-Off with the admins team (again!). Hopefully this time we'll get an answer insha'Allah!

Our topic is Guess the recitor:

Surah Ibraaheem
, see attached file.

Khaldun
06-21-2006, 02:34 PM

I see you went for Guess the recitor yet again.

The reciation isnt very clear, and whats this! not even Hafs? Or is it just my ears?

piXie
06-21-2006, 05:39 PM

Oh dear, members asking questions without knowing the answers? I guess that means 1 point for the SuperMod team. And the members team gets 1 point deducted. This is fair, I removed a point from our team for doing something similar before.

My turn to be embarrassed

forgive me members. i made a blunder(accidently) so our team has lost a point

But somhow we'v managed to tie with the super mods again!....'cept the difference is, this time we'v tied backwards :hiding:

Far7an
06-23-2006, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

I see you went for Guess the recitor yet again.

The reciation isnt very clear, and whats this! not even Hafs? Or is it just my ears?
Sorry matey, you guys lose again.

The question is offered to the moderators and members.

Umm Yoosuf
06-23-2006, 11:01 PM

Our next question:

We would like to Face-Off with the admins team (again!). Hopefully this time we'll get an answer insha'Allah!

Our topic is Guess the recitor:

Surah Ibraaheem
, see attached file.
Oh dear? Not another question on Quranic recitors:X Allah Knows best. Islamway doesn't work for some reason either. One can't really do any research:hiding:

piXie
06-24-2006, 12:25 PM

the name of the recitor is Adil Kilbani.

errrm i hope thats right :sister:

Far7an
06-24-2006, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A'isha

the name of the recitor is Adil Kilbani.

errrm i hope thats right :sister:
Wa alaikum asalaam..

Good try, but unfortunately that is incorrect. The correct answer ir Abu Zubair Al-Maghribee.

Admins
, your turn to ask a question.

piXie
06-24-2006, 01:02 PM

oh no! we cant tie with th super mods again :(

noshaba
06-24-2006, 01:52 PM
I would love to participate in this fab quiz but i have to admit i have very limited knowledge in Islam, which is why i have joined this forum to gain knowledge.
It is a great idea of having fun and learning more about our religions.
all the best
:sl: :sister: Noshaba

piXie
07-07-2006, 11:57 AM
^sure , join in

come on Admins :uhwhat

------
07-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Admins..........get a move on! :sister:

piXie
07-11-2006, 02:56 PM

come on Admins, the games on hold

hurry up, do as ur told :p

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-16-2006, 10:57 PM
You guys have been waiting for 3 weeks and never pm'd anyone? :D

I'm sure br. Khaldun and br. Kadafi won't mind if I ask one behalf of the admins:

Category - Qur'an questions

According to the Mufassirîn, there are only 2 ayat that contain 10 parts. One is Ayat Al-Kursî - what is the other one?

Mohsin
07-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Assalamu'alaikum

We been told off before for posting off topic so the mods gave us this thread to discuss the question for those who didn't know

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ff-thread.html

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Okay the challenge is for the moderators.

piXie
07-18-2006, 05:10 PM

both teams.

If for some reason the group doesn't answer the question, the other usergroups have the option to pick-up the question and answer it. The first group to answer correctly (6-12 hr time span) will get the point.

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Mashaa'Allah, zAk got it. :(

piXie
07-18-2006, 05:39 PM

MashaAllah the super mods got a point

inna lina wa ina ilaihi ra'jeeun :X

:p

Alhamdulillah the Admins also got a point :D

now its th mods team to ask a question :sister:

piXie
07-23-2006, 03:11 PM

come on mods :uhwhat

- Qatada -
07-23-2006, 05:24 PM

The question is aimed at the members insha'Allaah.

What year did Abdullah Azzaam (ra) become shaheed?

piXie
07-23-2006, 06:04 PM

it was in 1989.

- Qatada -
07-23-2006, 06:42 PM

Yeah, correct answer masha'Allaah.

Mohsin
07-24-2006, 11:39 AM
masha'allah, i dont even know who he is :embarrass , can any1 supply any info on him please, jazakamullah khairun

- Qatada -
07-24-2006, 12:09 PM

10- Shaykh Abdullah Azzam [1941-1989 CE]

http://uponsunnah.com/brohus/Audio/L...89%20CE%5D.mp3

Heroes of Islam

http://uponsunnah.com/others.php?

BlissfullyJaded
07-29-2006, 10:48 PM

Go ahead members team. Don't feel too shy to ask a question. :)

Hisbul_Aziz
07-29-2006, 11:31 PM
Prophets Question
Which prophet was known as sahibul 7ud

IT IS 7:03 Pm right now you have 24 hours

BlissfullyJaded
07-30-2006, 12:00 AM

Which team is this directed at? :)

Hisbul_Aziz
07-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Admins i went 4 for the smallest group

Hisbul_Aziz
07-30-2006, 03:03 PM
9 Hours 53 MINUTES AND 23 SECONDS REMAINING

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-30-2006, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mujahideen1
Prophets Question
Which prophet was known as sahibul 7ud

IT IS 7:03 Pm right now you have 24 hours

Assuming you meant s&#226;hibul h&#251;T, the answer would be Prophet Y&#251;nus (as), as Allah swt says:

68:48 Then be patient for the decision of your Lord, [O Muْammad], and be not like S&#226;hibul H&#251;t (the companion of the fish) when he called out while he was distressed.

Am I right?

Hisbul_Aziz
07-31-2006, 01:41 PM
YES that is correc

Ok since wAk is cryin

Super Moderators

piXie
07-31-2006, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mujahideen1
YES that is correc
Ok since wAk is cryin
Super Moderators
correc :?

im afraid the super mods cant go next as according to th rules it is the admins turn next :sister:
so wAk had better stop crying inshallah.

ps. Mashallah another point for th admins :cry:

Tania
07-31-2006, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
wat rules ?
when was the last time we asked a question ? :uhwhat...
When Far7an asked about the quranic recitor. :) You must wait.

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-31-2006, 03:19 PM

Question for super mods

Knowledge of the Sahaba

How many hadith were narrated by Abdullah Ibn 'Umar [rd] ?

IB-Staff
07-31-2006, 04:58 PM

We accept your challenge :coolious:

Abdullah Ibn Umar (May Allaah be pleased with them both) is one of the seven companions who narrated a large amount of ahadith. The total amount of ahadith narrated by him came to 2630.

And Allaah (subhaanawata'ala) Knows best.

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-31-2006, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LI-Staff

We accept your challenge :coolious:

Abdullah Ibn Umar (May Allaah be pleased with them both) is one of the seven companions who narrated a large amount of ahadith. The total amount of ahadith narrated by him came to 2630.

And Allaah (subhaanawata'ala) Knows best.
Correct, mashaa'Allah br. "LI-Staff" :hiding:

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Apparently the super mods answer is disqualified due to a technicality:
A member cannot edit, nor change his/her answer. If the edit bar shows an editing signal, the answer will be ignored.
The point is awared to the admins team. (*hahaha*)

Who asks the question now?

Tania
08-01-2006, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Apparently the super mods answer is disqualified due to a technicality:
The point is awared to the admins team. (*hahaha*)

Who asks the question now?

Is the super mods team turn to ask the question

kadafi
08-02-2006, 09:30 PM

I believe since the super mods were disqualified for editing; it's the admins' turn again.

This question is for the moderators

category: seerah

Who were the first Muhaajirs to Madinah?

- Qatada -
08-03-2006, 08:33 PM

First Abu Salamah, and second Abdullah ibn Jahsh?

erm.. did you want the name of people or the name of a group?

Halima
08-03-2006, 08:41 PM

Muhajir(s)

The people of Yathrib? :p

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-03-2006, 08:43 PM

Musab ibn Umair ? (since we get three shots at it) :brother:

kadafi
08-03-2006, 08:58 PM

The name of the individuals and not the group.

And so far none right :)

kadafi
08-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Since the moderators have failed to answer the questions correctly, other usergroups can now join in as per rule:

Far7an
08-03-2006, 10:19 PM

Musab ibn Umayr and Abdullah ibn Umm Maktum.

Is that correct?

kadafi
08-03-2006, 10:38 PM

No :)

BlissfullyJaded
08-05-2006, 01:31 AM

This really was tricky... :) Anyways time's long over. I guess the answer can be revealed now?

kadafi
08-05-2006, 08:00 PM

Out of rush, I partially glanced at brother Farhan's post. His answer is correct. The first emigrants were Mus'ab bin 'Umayr and Abu Salamah bin 'Abdul-Asad. So the points are awarded to the SuperMods. Sorry for the mistake :)

Far7an
08-06-2006, 09:07 PM

Jazaakallahu khayran akhee.

We would like to face off with the Moderators team (again!), and they will have to guess the famous quran recitor (again!).

Surah al-Munafiqoon (again!).

It seem my team has been the victim of persecution. I have a dream, that the future supermoderators of LI, will not be judged by the colour of their nics but by the content of their posts! I have a dream today!

BlissfullyJaded
08-08-2006, 04:54 AM

Okay, that category is really not nice.......... :cry: But he reads beautiful mashaAllah. :cry:

Our times up. So, admins or members, do you'll have an answer? :rollseyes

I have a dream, that the future supermoderators of LI, will not be judged by the colour of their nics but by the content of their posts! I have a dream today!
Us brownies have been dreaming that for ourselves for a long time.

Umm Yoosuf
08-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Come on Admins and Members....

Far7an
08-09-2006, 10:42 AM

Noone got it :) The correct answer was, Shaykh Mamoon alRawy. Another point to us. *yawn*.

BlissfullyJaded
08-09-2006, 06:33 PM

Brother Far7an, did you really expect somebody to get it? ^o)

Btw, I think you meant, no one. Not noone...because that certainly isn't an English word. Allahu a'lam.

IB-Staff
08-10-2006, 02:00 PM

Brother Far7an, did you really expect somebody to get it? ^o)
It would not make sense for him to post a question which he expects everyone to get. Besides, the recitor is available on most sites.

It seems my team is doing very well. And since nobody answered the last question correctly, it is our turn to ask again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We would like to Face Off with the members team.

The topic: Qur'an

In the Quran, Some Prophets, peace be upon them, have been mentioned by two names. Please identify three of these Prophets and their other names.

Mawaddah
08-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Prophet Muhammad first of all, in the Qur'an he was called Muhammad and also Ahmad as in surah As-Saff.

Also Prophet Yunus, in Surah al-Anbiyaa he is referred to as Dhan-Nooni.

Hmmm....I can't recall anymore at the moment

Hisbul_Aziz
08-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Prophet Muhammad first of all, in the Qur'an he was called Muhammad and also Ahmad as in surah As-Saff.

Also Prophet Yunus, in Surah al-Anbiyaa he is referred to as Dhan-Nooni.

Also Prophet yunis was called sahibul Hut

And isa ibnu mARYAM IS reffered to as Masseh (spelling???)

IB-Staff
08-10-2006, 04:34 PM
LI-Staff is impressed, particularly at how the members worked together to get the answers. Well done, your answers were correct.

Hisbul_Aziz
08-10-2006, 11:24 PM
I believe its the members turn :?:? :? :?

S_87
08-14-2006, 09:05 PM

umm ok since no ones asking :?

this questions to the Admins

in one of the first battles of islam there was a certain sahabah who was being followed by someone who he felt at the end he had no choice but to kill. when he killed the man he found it was no other than his father. regarding this Allah revealed an ayah about his killing,
that those who believe in Allah and the last day lovingthose who resist Allah and His Messenger :arabic5:

who was this sahabah and what ayah was revealed.

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-14-2006, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
who was this sahabah and what ayah was revealed.
Abu 'Ubaydah ibn Al-Jarrâh [rd] and Mujadalah 58:22 :)

S_87
08-16-2006, 01:52 PM

right it is, admins turn?

kadafi
08-23-2006, 05:21 PM

List the major delegations that occured during the Year of Delegations (9H)

kadafi
08-25-2006, 06:03 PM

A member reminded me that the members' team already challegend the admins' team in the previous question.

This challenge goes to the moderators.

Post amended.

Sorry!

kadafi
08-27-2006, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi

Since the moderators could not provide an answer, the other usergroups can have a go at it.

Umm Yoosuf
08-31-2006, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi

The question is for all. Anyone want to have a go.

Umm Yoosuf
09-01-2006, 04:42 PM
So who ask's the next question?

Mujahidah4Allah
09-01-2006, 04:43 PM

maybe admins because no one answered their other Q...[these questions r haarrrddd] :S

ma'salamah

------
09-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Ppl this thread is dead plz bring it bak 2 lyf! Sfe :D

BlissfullyJaded
09-13-2006, 11:41 PM

So is it the admins turn again?

Also, please reveal the answer. :)

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-21-2006, 05:48 PM
This thread seems to have fallen asleep. We'll continue with another question then inshaa'Allah, for the moderators.

When the Muslims migrated to Madinah, the Prophet saws paired the Muhajireen up with the Ansaar. Who were the following companions paired up with?
  • Abu Bakr
  • Salman Al-Farisee
  • Umar ibn Al-Khattab
  • Ammaar ibn Yaasir
  • Sa'eed ibn Zaid

BlissfullyJaded
09-30-2006, 06:58 PM

Hmm...did the moderators even see this? But I guess everybody's turn is up...

Far7an
09-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Jazaakallah khayr for volunteering to ask the next question. We're waiting....

Ansar Al-'Adl
10-01-2006, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by z&#194;k
ok next Q for the admin team:

During the battle of Conquer of makkah... how many ppl were killed on both sides.
name them all.

posting time 3 PM IST.
The flank of the army headed by Khalid bin Walid met resistance at Khandamah where a group of pagans - lead by Safwan ibn Umayyah and Ikrimah ibn Abi Jahl - were determined to attack the Muslims and never accept any peace with them.

There is a difference of opinion among biographers as to how many were killed. Most however say that it was 2 Muslims and 12 pagans. The 2 Muslims were Kurz ibn Jabir and Khunays (or Hubays) ibn Khalid ibn Rabi'ah (Fath al-Bari 4280). Those who said it was three added the name of Salamah ibn Mayla' (Ibn Hisham 4/71).

BlissfullyJaded
10-05-2006, 12:31 AM

The oranges asked a question last here.

I think the admins are next, since we asked them and they answered successfully mashaAllah. :)

(Great...brace yourselves for a guess the recitor from brother Far7an.) :cry:

Silver Pearl
10-07-2006, 07:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
n tht was on Jul 23.
aaaaaaages ago.

n the admins hv asked too many times after tht.

anyways... Fi_Sab is the judge here.

Does the bro keep the score or does he decide who posts a Question?

- Qatada -
10-07-2006, 12:50 PM

OK, the brother say's that erm.. we can ask insha'Allaah?

To the SM - Seerah..

How was the battle of Ahzaab/Khandaq a turning point for the muslims?

BlissfullyJaded
10-14-2006, 06:46 AM

And please give the answer to this question. :hiding:

- Qatada -
10-14-2006, 12:47 PM

I can't find the exact reference, but from that point onwards, the muslim's would fight ji-haad on the offensive, instead of defensive (like they had been doing all the time previously. i.e. in badr, uhud, khandaq/ahzaab etc.)

wa Allaahu a'lam.

Na7lah
10-14-2006, 09:53 PM

who asks the next question?

- Qatada -
10-15-2006, 01:41 PM

Defensive is when the enemy come's to fight the muslim's, but offensive is when it's for the purpose of da'wah.

for example:

defensive: badr, uhud, khandaq. [when the enemy comes to fight the muslims]

offensive: in ash-Shaam, Persia etc. [to spread islaam in further area's of the world]

wa Allaahu a'lam.

- Qatada -
10-15-2006, 06:59 PM

lol, member's can now insha'Allaah.. i think they havn't asked anything in ages.

Hisbul_Aziz
10-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Who Was the man that Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) killed in the battle of Uhud and wat happend to that man after he died that a companion witnissed

Supers

Mawaddah
10-16-2006, 04:14 PM
lol everytime I check this thread either there is no question or something like that.

who is the question directed at bro?

piXie
10-24-2006, 03:55 PM
uhuh...long ago :uhwhat

super mods neXt....? hurry up....:hiding:

ps : some1 deleted th scores :raging: how come ? :-\

piXie
10-24-2006, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
i guess Full Members can ask the next Q, insha allah.
Full members just did.

Salmaan
11-02-2006, 06:28 AM
For which Surah of the Qur'an it has been ordered by Allah b4 beginning that Surah NOT to recite bismillahir-rahmanir-rahim ?

BlissfullyJaded
11-02-2006, 06:30 AM

Which team is that directed at?

Salmaan
11-02-2006, 06:32 AM

it is directed to mods

- Qatada -
11-02-2006, 01:38 PM

Surah Tawbah, 9th surah in the Qur'an. :)

Media Tags are no longer supported

http://quran.jalisi.com/

Salmaan
11-02-2006, 04:38 PM

Yes, it is Surah Tawbah. :)

Hisbul_Aziz
11-02-2006, 10:28 PM
the next ? goes too:?

Tania
11-03-2006, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalid_Shariff
the next ? goes too:?
Moderators team have to ask a question- they won also 1 point:)

Salmaan
11-03-2006, 06:24 AM
where are the standings/ the points table :?

Tania
11-03-2006, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salmaan
where are the standings/ the points table :?
I will make the points table upto the ends of this month:)

Salmaan
11-03-2006, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
I will make the points table upto the ends of this month:)
insha'Allah (if Allah wills)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-08-2006, 03:06 AM

Who are the top 4 narrators of Ahadith and how many Ahadith did they narrate (roughly, give an approximation)?

Question directed at the SuperMod Team.

BlissfullyJaded
11-13-2006, 07:56 PM

Hmm...Seeing that all teams lost their chances, I'll just say all I know is the top four are Sayiddina Abu Hurayrah, Abdullah ibn 'Umar, Anas ibn Maalik, and Sayyida 'Aysha (Radiallahu Anhum). Is that right? I don't know even a rough estimation of how many ahadith they narrated. That has totally slipped my mind.. Can you give us the answer brother? :)

And the next question will be from the Oranges again, seeing their last question was pretty much missed? InshaAllah this thread can be rivived..

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-13-2006, 08:23 PM

Mashallah, you got the order correct :) Here are the amount they narrated (approximate):

Abu Huraira - 5000+

Abdullah ibn Umar - 2600

Anas ibn Malik - 2200-2600

Aisha bint Abu Bakr - 2200
I picked the question off of a lecture by Imam Anwar and he mentioned that is how much they narrated. InshaAllah another Orange can ask the next question :)

amirah_87
11-13-2006, 08:35 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Isn't it :

1.Abu Hurairah
2.Ibnu Umar.
3.Anas
4.Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudriy
5.Jaabir ibn Abdillah
6.Aisha.

Wallahu A'lam

BlissfullyJaded
11-13-2006, 11:17 PM

^ You missed a #5. lol. I don't think Sayiddina Abu Sa'eed al Khudriy and Jaabir ibn Abdulllah (Radiallahu Anhum) were in the top 4...they're after Sayyida Aysha (Radiallahu Anha), innit? Allahu a'lam...

abdur_Rahmaan
11-13-2006, 11:23 PM

Ok, we challenge the Mods Team aka the brownies.

The category will be

I have attached a recitation of surah al munafiqoon, guess the recitor.

You have 24 hours!

Digression: Where can I find more recitations from him, site wise.

- Qatada -
11-22-2006, 12:54 PM

Who were the 10 promised paradise in this world?

Aimed at Members

hidaayah
11-22-2006, 01:06 PM

1. Abu Bakr as-Siddiq

2. Umar bin Khattab

3. Uthman ibn Affan

4. Ali ibn Abu-Talib

5. Talha ibn Ubaydillah

6. Zubayr bin Awwam

7. AbdurRahman ibn 'Awf

8. Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas

9. Sa'id ibn Zayd

10. Abu Ubayda, 'Aamir bin Jarrah

Radhiallahu anhuma

- Qatada -
11-22-2006, 01:23 PM

Masha'Allaah right, members turn to ask insha'Allaah.

amirah_87
11-25-2006, 07:03 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

I'm gonna ask if that's okay inshaAllah;

Q: What are the 8 Conditions of the Shahaadah? (Laa Ilaaha Ilal-Laah)

and could a Daleel be given for each conditon Please.

Allah Ma'akum!!

btw: who's turn is it to answer?

BlissfullyJaded
11-25-2006, 07:06 PM

You're meant to challenge one of the teams. You can't challenge the Mods because they just challenged you, so that leaves the Admins and Super Mods.

amirah_87
11-25-2006, 07:09 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Jazaakillah Khayr Labibah

So Any of those two can answer? or do I have to specify?

BlissfullyJaded
11-25-2006, 07:12 PM

You have to specify. :D

amirah_87
11-25-2006, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah

You have to specify. :D
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Ookay!! .. I looked through the recent pages and saw that the Admins have'nt been asked in a while so:

I Challenge the Admins!!

format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

Muhammad
11-28-2006, 06:38 PM

The humble Super Mod team have decided to answer the question Insha'Allaah.

We weren't sure how many conditions of the shahadah there are, because a lot of sources only list 7 and some others list more. So we have listed the 7 that we know for sure, with their proof from the Qur'an:

1. Knowledge: 47:19, 43:86

2. Certainty: 49:15

3. Sincerity: 39:3, 98:5

4. Truthfulness: 29:1-3, 2:8-10

5. Love: 2:165, 5:54

6. Submission: 39:54, 4:125

7. Acceptance: 25:23-25, 37:35-36

Umm Yoosuf
11-28-2006, 06:46 PM

Waite why have you guys "humble super Mods"answered?

I beileve the admins were challenged!

Ookay!! .. I looked through the recent pages and saw that the Admins have'nt been asked in a while so:

I Challenge the Admins!!

Far7an
11-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Because nobody told us, and we were too late. So the sneaky SuperMods answered.

Umm Yoosuf
11-28-2006, 06:52 PM
*looks through the rules again*

However they don't get a point right bcuz they didn't answer in the time span?

Anyways next!!!

Far7an
11-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Yes you're right. Too bad blues! Blues want to ask a question?

BlissfullyJaded
11-28-2006, 07:17 PM

Its all about the points now? At least we paid attention and kept the game alive! We should get a point for that. Also the other teams should be grateful that they're not getting a question from the admins, considering the record Far7an has...

On behalf of the Super Mods, I challenge the Moderators in the category:

The throne of Allah shook at the death of which Sahabi (Radiallahu Anhu)? How old was the Sahabi at his death?

BlissfullyJaded
11-28-2006, 07:57 PM

Well done, mashaAllah.

Oranges turn to ask.

Tania
11-28-2006, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude

Allah swt's throne shook at the death of Sa'ad ibn mu'aadh Radiallahu Anhu and he was 37 at the time.
Rules:
Side rules:
...- A member cannot edit, nor change his/her answer. If the edit bar shows an editing signal, the answer will be ignored....

Due to this rule, the moderator team can't get the point :-[

BlissfullyJaded
11-28-2006, 08:48 PM

Aw shucks... Does that apply considering he edited way after I accepted his answer as correct?

lol, I guess nobody was meant to get a point this time around.

Tania
11-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Only the thread starter can appreciate correctly how should be the rule applied in this specific case because i read it too it was only a name typo correction. :-[ :hiding:

- Qatada -
11-28-2006, 09:10 PM

I'll let alpha off insha'Allaah because he found out it was a spelling mistake. :) And i also think that aslong as the questioner agreed with the answer - then the person may later on alter it, if it really is a spelling mistake.

If the questioner can notice that it is a spelling mistake, and not a totally different word - then we should let them off. Otherwise we may think the questioner is in on it, and we may have to take action.

I can't edit the rules, so any SM or Admin can do that insha'Allaah. And Allaah Almighty knows best.

BlissfullyJaded
11-28-2006, 09:20 PM

^ Done. Its added.

Now, Oranges, please ask a question!

amirah_87
11-29-2006, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

The humble Super Mod team have decided to answer the question Insha'Allaah.

We weren't sure how many conditions of the shahadah there are, because a lot of sources only list 7 and some others list more. So we have listed the 7 that we know for sure, with their proof from the Qur'an:

1. Knowledge: 47:19, 43:86

2. Certainty: 49:15

3. Sincerity: 39:3, 98:5

4. Truthfulness: 29:1-3, 2:8-10

5. Love: 2:165, 5:54

6. Submission: 39:54, 4:125

7. Acceptance: 25:23-25, 37:35-36
Wa Alaykum As Salaam,

MashaAllah TabaarakAllah Well Answered Super Mods!!:)

However there is one more Condition, "The Eight" and that's

- Al-Kufraan (Disbelieving in the Taaquut);

Allah Subhaanahuu wa ta'aalaa says:

"Laa Ikraaha fid deen qad tabayyanar rushdu minal ghayy,Wa Man Yakfur Bit-Taaquuti Wa Yu'min Billaahi Faqad istamsaka bil Ur'watil Wuthqaa...."

“There is no compulsion in the Deen, the Haq has become distinct from the batil, whoever rejects Taghout and then believes in Allah he has grasped the most firm knot (Al Urwatul wuthqa)…”

Ibn Abbas Radiyallaahu 'anhu said :

“Al Urwatul wuthqa is the kalima of Laa ilaaha illallah.”

Umm Yoosuf
11-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah

I apologise on behalf of my group for the lateness of the Question (we just could not think of one I guess!).

Question:

Allah mentions seven qualities of the believers. What are they and please provide your evidence.

We would to challenge the Admin team.

Umm Yoosuf
12-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaah

The team has 24hrs to answer. :X

The trivia will start with the Admin Team alongside the challenger they choose. The 'Face-Off' challenge begins when the question is posted on their thread. The challenger will have 24 hours (max) to answer the question. If the question happens to be left unanswered, the Admin Team will immediately be awarded 1 point to their points basket. It means that their question is either too hard, or the other team lacks team effort.

BlissfullyJaded
12-01-2006, 06:53 PM

Yes, they still have 4 hours left, and then the other teams have 12 hours thereafter if the admins do not leave an answer. :D

Umm Yoosuf
12-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah

I believe time is up for the "poor" Admins??

amirah_87
12-01-2006, 10:49 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

No Problem, here was the answer

Bismillah, The Seven Qualities of the believers as mentioned in Surat Al-Mu'minuun is:

1) Those who offer their prayers with full submissiveness. (Aayah:2)

2) Those who turn away from Al-Laghw. (Aayah:3)

3) Those who pay the Zakaat.(Aayah:4)

4) Those who guard their Chastity. (Ayah:5)

5) Those who are faithfully true to their Amaanat and their convenants. (Aayah:8)

6) Those who strictcly guard their prayers.(Ayah:9)
.....I'm missin' one!?!?!? :confused:

so; is that correct?

Umm Yoosuf
12-01-2006, 11:04 PM

The answer I was looking for is in Surah Al-Ahzab verse 35

Lo! men who surrender unto Allah, and women who surrender,
and men who believe and women who believe,
and men who obey and women who obey,
and men who speak the truth and women who speak the truth,
and men who persevere (in righteousness) and women who persevere,
and men who are humble and women who are humble,
and men who give alms and women who give alms, a
nd men who fast and women who fast,
and men who guard their modesty and women who guard (their modesty), and men who remember Allah much and women who remember - Allah hath prepared for them forgiveness and a vast reward.

amirah_87
12-01-2006, 11:09 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Ookay!!! you should'nt have given it away though, perhaps someone else might've had the answer?? Right!

amirah_87
12-02-2006, 12:34 AM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Mu'Minah, I was thinkin', and I could be wrong here, but.... I don't think that the question:

Allah mentions seven qualities of the believers. What are they and please provide your evidence
fits with the answer:

Lo! men who surrender unto Allah, and women who surrender,
and men who believe and women who believe,
and men who obey and women who obey,
and men who speak the truth and women who speak the truth,
and men who persevere (in righteousness) and women who persevere,
and men who are humble and women who are humble,
and men who give alms and women who give alms, a
nd men who fast and women who fast,
and men who guard their modesty and women who guard (their modesty), and men who remember Allah much and women who remember - Allah hath prepared for them forgiveness and a vast reward
Cause if you take a look at the Aayah it says: "verily the Muslimeen (men and women),and the Mu'mineen (men & women) and the Qaaniteen.....
(this is like the subject of "Inna's" nominal clause.....)

Then it mentions at the end That Allah subhaanahu wa ta'aalaa has Prepared for each of them (ie; the Muslims, Mu'mins, Qaanits, Taa'ibs..etc) forgiveness and reward...
(....and this is it's Predicate).

Allah knows best!, what do you guys think?

Umm Yoosuf
12-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

Sorry sister I don't understand what you are saying. Can please explain to me again....

amirah_87
12-05-2006, 09:48 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Hmmm that's the best I could do Ukhtiy.Sorry!! :-\

I'll see if anyone else understands what I'm yappin about InshaAllah.

lemme see: Basically from what I understand of the aayah it's tellin us that those people/charasteristics mentioned above, Allah has prepared the Jannah for them..

..it does'nt say anywhere.. these >>>"***"<<< are the qualties of the Mu'mineen! :?

(could you jus point out the seven qualities, you meant?)

there's something grammatical to it aswell.

*sighs* it's hard to explain this in english. :-\

Umm Yoosuf
12-05-2006, 09:53 PM

Ok nevermind insha Allah. I seek Allah's forgiveness if I was wrong.

Whose turn is it to ask a question?

BlissfullyJaded
12-05-2006, 10:07 PM

Go ahead, members team, since they at least tried to answer. :)

Btw, the Oranges and Trainees are on one team, so when the Oranges are challenged, the Trainees may answer as well on behalf of them. :)

amirah_87
12-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Labibah,Did you (by any chance) get what i was saying up there? :-\

*somebody?, anybody?* :cry:

BlissfullyJaded
12-05-2006, 10:54 PM

I get what you're saying, and I actually would have thought your answer is correcto, given that the Surah Ahzab doesn't completely fit when looking at it from the Arabic grammar.. Allahu a'lam. :?

amirah_87
12-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah, you can't use it as a proof for that can you? *im so glad someone understood me:embarrass*

Alhamdulillah,you got the grammer bit part too.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-09-2006, 01:07 AM

Will the Members team ask a question?

Umm Yoosuf
12-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Come in Members?! Come in?!

Ask a question plz!

starfortress
12-09-2006, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Come in Members?! Come in?!

Ask a question plz!
Assalamualaikum to all

I have a question maybe the initial one

This figures are well known in Islamic and Arabic world,live in Arabic world,rose amongst the Arabs but don't speak Arab:?

BlissfullyJaded
12-09-2006, 09:15 PM

You need to challenge a specific team, Admins, Super Mods, or Mods. The question needs to be in one of these categories:

7) Qur'an Questions.

starfortress
12-09-2006, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah

You need to challenge a specific team, Admins, Super Mods, or Mods. The question needs to be in one of these categories:

7) Qur'an Questions.
Im sorry,
I give this task to the Mods to challenged it..and the category is in the famous figures and general knowledge....

amirah_87
12-09-2006, 11:37 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Akhee, In the Last question it was the Mods who asked the Members, so you can't challenge them back,So you have to pick between the SuperMods or the Admins InshaAllah.

starfortress
12-10-2006, 12:05 AM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Akhee, In the Last question it was the Mods who asked the Members, so you can't challenge them back,So you have to pick between the SuperMods or the Admins InshaAllah.
Okie,then the quest goes to the SuperMods and the clock is thicking from now:rollseyes

Muhammad
12-11-2006, 10:30 PM

Just to clarify the question... you are asking for famous Islamic figures who lived amongst the Arabs but didn't speak Arabic, is that right? Is there any limits on the time period or how many people we have to mention?

starfortress
12-11-2006, 11:23 PM

Just to clarify the question... you are asking for famous Islamic figures who lived amongst the Arabs but didn't speak Arabic, is that right? Is there any limits on the time period or how many people we have to mention?
No:p sorry to not clarify it earlier.That one is invalid question, i was asking bro Fi about that quest,and we agreed the question are not proper and suitable to fit on this thread,and i think its better to replace the question with this new one.Category in:Famous Islamic figures/World history

This figure was well known amongst the Spaniards with "the one-eyed"

BlissfullyJaded
12-12-2006, 03:24 AM

^ Is this also directed at the Super Mods?

starfortress
12-12-2006, 04:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

^ Is this also directed at the Super Mods?
Yes akhi:D

IB-Staff
12-12-2006, 04:13 PM
The answer is Tariq ibn Ziad/طارق بن زياد known in Spanish history and legend as Taric el Tuerto (Taric the one-eyed).

IB-Staff
12-19-2006, 12:40 AM

The SuperMod team would like to challenge the Moderators with the following question, based on 2 of the categories which are:

7) Qur'an Questions.

In Surah Baqarah, Allaah mentions the story of Adam (as) and how Shaytan caused him and his wife to be removed from Paradise. Then in verse 37, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning),

Then Adam received from his Lord Words. And his Lord pardoned him (accepted his repentance). Verily, He is the One Who forgives (accepts repentance), the Most Merciful. (2:37)

So the question is, what are these Words that Adam (as) received from Allaah :arabic2: ?

Silver Pearl
12-21-2006, 07:40 AM

On Behalf of the Oranges and Oranges-to-be.

This is the answer we have:

Bismillahi...

Reported from Al-Awfi, Sa'id bin Jubayr, Ibn Abbas and others (Scholars have verified its chain as authentic although it was not collected by Bukhari or Muslim): Adam said, `O Lord! Did You not created me with Your Own Hands' He said, `Yes.' He said, `And blow life into me' He said, `Yes.' He said, `And when I sneezed, You said, `May Allah grant you His mercy.' Does not Your mercy precede Your anger' He was told, `Yes.' Adam said, `And You destined me to commit this evil act' He was told, `Yes.' He said, `If I repent, will You send me back to Paradise' Allah said, `Yes.'

Allahu'3llim

IB-Staff
12-21-2006, 10:20 PM

I will accept that answer, so Masha'Allaah - well done to the Mod team!

I would also have accepted:

It was reported that the above Ayah is explained by Allah's statement,
[قَالاَ رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَآ أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَـسِرِينَ ]

( They said: "Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers.'') (7:23) as Mujahid, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Abu Al-`Aliyah, Ar-Rabi` bin Anas, Al-Hasan, Qatadah, Muhammad bin Ka`b Al-Qurazi, Khaلlid bin Ma`dan, `Ata' Al-Khurasani and `Abdur-Rahman bin Zayd bin Aslam have stated.
Both reports are found in Tafseer ibn Katheer, so both are acceptable Insha'Allaah, and Allaah Knows Best.

I think it is now the Mods' turn to ask the Admin?

Silver Pearl
12-22-2006, 10:04 AM

The Mod team challenge the Admin Team

Question: During the conquest of Makkah Banu Bakr killed a man from Khuzu'ah. In return 3 men were killed by Khuzu'ah, state the names of these 3 men and what their relation to one another is.

Silver Pearl
12-31-2006, 08:47 PM

It has been a week and no answer was put forth from any of the group teams.

The correct answer is: Salma, Kulthum and Dhu’ayb and they were brothers, sons of Al-Aswad Ibn Razn Ad-Dili

Wa Allahu'3llim

Muhammad
01-02-2007, 03:19 PM

The Admin team would like to challenge the Members team in category 7:

7) Qur'an Questions

Q. Which soorah (chapter) in the Qur'an was called al-Maani'ah, and explain why.

- Qatada -
01-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

Hmmm... you're going to have to explain a bit more. You haven't linked the name to the explanation. If there is a hadeeth, it would be better to try and find it too Insha'Allaah.

This is the proof for surah al mulk:

Reading Soorat al-Mulk protects one from the torment of the grave

Question:

Reading Surat al-Mulk protects a Muslim from the trials of the grave, but how often does one have to read it? Once a day or more?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A soorah from the Qur’aan containing thirty verses will intercede for a man so that he will be forgiven. It is the soorah Tabaarak Alathi bi yadihi’l-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk].”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2891; Abu Dawood, 1400; Ibn Maajah, 3786.
Al-Tirmidhi said, this is a hasan hadeeth. It was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/277, and by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah, 3053.

What is meant is that a person should read it every night, act in accordance with the rulings contained in it, and believe in the information mentioned in it.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: Whoever reads Tabaarak allaahi bi yadihi’l-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk] every night, Allaah will protect him from the torment of the grave. At the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) we used to call it al-maani’ah (that which protects). In the Book of Allaah it is a soorah which, whoever recites it every night has done very well.

Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, 6/179; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 1475.

The scholars of the Standing Committee said:

One this basis there is the hope that whoever believes in this soorah and reads it regularly, seeking the pleasure of Allaah, learning the lessons contained in it and acting in accordance with the rulings contained therein, it will intercede for him [in the Hereafter].

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 4/334, 335

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...=soorat%20Mulk

Hisbul_Aziz
01-02-2007, 07:59 PM
It is called that because who ever reads surah mulk What is meant is that a person should read it every night, act in accordance
with the rulings contained in it, and believe in the information mentioned in
it.

It was narrated that `Abd-Allaah ibn Mas'ood said: Whoever reads Tabaarak
allaahi bi yadihi'l-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk] every night, Allaah will
protect him from the torment of the grave. At the time of the Messenger of
Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) we used to call it
al-maani'ah (that which protects). In the Book of Allaah it is a soorah which,
whoever recites it every night has done very well.

Narrated by al-Nasaa'i, 6/179; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh

Muhammad
01-02-2007, 08:05 PM

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: Whoever reads Tabaarak allaahi bi yadihi’l-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk] every night, Allaah will protect him from the torment of the grave. At the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) we used to call it al-maani’ah (that which protects). In the Book of Allaah it is a soorah which, whoever recites it every night has done very well.

Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, 6/179; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 1475.
Masha'Allaah the answer has been found! Well done to both of you!

I think it's now time for the Members team to ask the Supermods a question. You can discuss this in your brainstorming thread if you want.

Hisbul_Aziz
01-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Knowledge of the Sahaba (Radiallahu 3anhum
7) Qur'an Questions.

Who was the first translator of the noble quran

As said above it is directed at the super mods

Hisbul_Aziz
01-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Correct Now i believe its the super Mods turn

BlissfullyJaded
01-07-2007, 07:26 AM

The SuperMods now challenge the Moderators in the category:
The Lives of the Previous Prophets

It is said that Sayyidina 'Isa (Alayhi Salaam) met another prophet and asked the prophet to seek forgiveness for him, stating to him that he is the better one as Allah has sent His Peace on this prophet.

Question:
Who was the prophet whom 'Isa (Alayhi Salaam) met?
And where in the Quran is it mentioned that Allah has sent His Peace upon this prophet?

Silver Pearl
01-08-2007, 08:11 AM

On behalf of the Oranges:

Yahya (Alayhi Salam) and Allah (exalted and glorified be he) mentions that he sent peace upon this prophet in Surah Maryam, verse 15:And peace on him on the day he was born, and on the day he dies, and on the day he is raised to life.

Wa Allahu'3llim

BlissfullyJaded
01-08-2007, 08:14 AM

MashaAllah, well done! :thumbs_up

Its time for your team to challenge the members I believe.

amirah_87
01-08-2007, 10:33 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

The Mods would like to Challenge the Admins InshaAllah.

The Question's based on Science/Methodology of Al-Hadeeth.

Q: What is the Total number of ahaadeeth in Saheeh Al-Bukhaari (the repetitive ahadeeth included) according to the Scholar Ibnu Salaah Rahimahullaah?
(which the Shuyuukh/Ulamaah say is the most correct !)

And how many Ahaadeeth would there be (In Saheehul Bukhaari) if the repetitive Ahadeeth were not included?

Allah Ma'akum

amirah_87
01-15-2007, 08:07 PM
As salaamu ALaykum,

Ok, so since no ones got the answer to my beautiful question.. Here it is:

The Total Amount of Ahaadeeth In Saheehul Bukhaari According to The Scholar Ibn Salaah Is:"7275"

That's with the repititive Ahaadeeth Included.

And without the repetitive Ahaadeeth Included It's : 4,000

Abu Abdillaah Ibn AbdilMalik Al-Andalusiy Recited a poem from his notes which he reported from Abul Hasan Ar-Ru'ayniyy who reported it from; Abu Abdillaah Ibn Abdillah Himself:

جميع احاديث الصحيح الذي روى***** البخاري خمس ثم سبعون للعد

وسبعة اﻻف تضاف و ما مضى*****الي مئتين عد ذاك اولو الجد

The Total amount of Authentic Hadeeth which were reported

By Al-Bukhaari are five and seventy to the count

and seven thousand added on to it what continues

until two hundred.They were counted as such by the poeple of knowledge.

So The numbers all in the poem above make up "7275" ( TheTotal Amount of Ahaadeeth in Saheehul Bukhaari).

For More Info Look in : Hadiy As-Saariy, The Muqaddimah Of Fathul Baariy, Page: 650.
That's in reference to the poem.

As for Ibn Salaah's part, Check Al-Baa'ith Al-Hatheeth Sharh Uluum Al-Hadeeth.

Allah Ma'akum!!!

BlissfullyJaded
01-20-2007, 02:41 AM

Since their last question wasn't answered, the oranges get to ask a question again.

Al-Zaara
01-21-2007, 09:19 PM

The Orange team would like to challenge the Members team, insha'Allah:

Q. Who was the first of the entire Ummah to meet Allah as a Martyr and who was the shaheed's killer?

Hisbul_Aziz
01-21-2007, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara

The Orange team would like to challenge the Members team, insha'Allah:

Q. Who was the first of the entire Ummah to meet Allah as a Martyr and who was the shaheed's killer?
Habil and Qabil

Hisbul_Aziz
01-21-2007, 09:38 PM
^ IF you meant the entire ummah as in all of allah's prophet

Al-Zaara
01-22-2007, 06:24 AM

No, I meant the Islamic Ummah as in after Prophet Muhammad(saas)'s revelation, not all the prophet's.

As it's a knowledge of the Sabahah(radiallahu anhum)'s question, the Companions of Prophet Muhammad, it's a companion I'm talking about.

Insha'Allah, I've cleared it up now. :-[ Don't hesitate to ask again.

Al-Zaara
01-22-2007, 06:51 AM

Correct! :D Masha'Allah. The Member's Team can now ask a question.

Hisbul_Aziz
01-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Knowledge of the sahaba

Who is known as the Qari of the ummah

Super Mods

IB-Staff
01-23-2007, 04:29 PM
Was it Ubay bin Ka'ab r.a?

Hisbul_Aziz
01-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Na'am its your people's turn to ask:mad:

IB-Staff
01-24-2007, 11:17 PM

The Supermods would like challange the Admins in the category:
The Lives of the Previous Prophets.

What was the amount of time Adam was allowed to stay in Paradise, and when Adam, Hawwa', and Iblis were sent down to Earth, which parts of the world did they each come down to?

Muhammad
01-25-2007, 01:44 PM

From Tafseer ibn Katheer:

Al-Hakim recorded that Ibn `Abbas said, "Adam was allowed to reside in Paradise during the time period between the `Asr (Afternoon) prayer, until sunset.'' Al-Hakim then commented this is "Sahih according to the Two Shaykhs (Al-Bukhari and Muslim), but they did not include it in their collections.''

Also, Ibn Abi Hatim recorded Ibn `Abbas saying, "Allah sent Adam to earth to an area called, Dahna, between Makkah and At-Ta'if.'' Al-Hasan Al-Basri said that Adam was sent down to India, while Hawwa' was sent to Jeddah. Iblis was sent down to Dustumaysan, several miles from Basra. Further, the snake was sent down to Asbahan. This was reported by Ibn Abi Hatim.

And Allaah Knows best!

IB-Staff
01-25-2007, 02:29 PM

Masha'Allah, correct :)

Your turn to ask the next question.

Muhammad
01-26-2007, 06:25 PM

The Admins team would like to challenge the Moderators team in the category:

1) Knowledge of the Sahabah

Who were the "three who stayed behind", and for which battle?

amirah_87
01-26-2007, 08:04 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

On Behalf of The Mod Team..

Three Sahaabahs stayed back from Ghazwat Tabuuk, They were:

- Ka'ab Ibn Maalik.

-Hilaal ibn Umayyah Al-Waaqifiyy

- & Miraarah ibn Rabee Al-'Amariyy.

They were the ones mentioned In Qawluhuu Ta'aalaa:

'Allah has forgiven the Prophet (PBUH), the Muhajirun (Muslim Emigrants who left their homes and came to Al-Madinah) and the Ansar (Muslims of Al-Madinah) who followed him (Muhammad (PBUH) in the time of distress (Tabuk expedition), after the hearts of a party of them had nearly deviated (from the Right Path), but He accepted their repentance. Certainly, He is unto them full of kindness, Most Merciful. And (He did forgive also) the three who did not join [the Tabuk expedition and whose case was deferred (by the Prophet (PBUH)) for Allah's Decision] till for them the earth, vast as it is, was straitened and their ownselves were straitened to them, and they perceived that there is no fleeing from Allah, and no refuge but with Him. Then, He forgave them (accepted their repentance), that they might beg for His Pardon [repent (unto Him)]. Verily, Allah is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful. O you who believe! Be afraid of Allah, and be with those who are true (in word and deeds).'' (9:117,118).

They were also mentioned in The Hadeeth(called: The story of Ka'ab's repentance) which is In the Saheehayn, It's Narrated by Abdullah Ibn Ka'ab Ibn Maalik Radiyallaahu 'anhumaa, and can also be found in Riyaad As-Saaliheen Chapter 2 "Repentance"..

An Easy way to remember them Is By the Arabic Word: مكة

Notice that each letter ( م - ك - ه) is the first letter found in the names of each of those three Sahaabah...

م:

مرارة ابن ربيع -Miraarah ibn Rabee'

كعب ابن مالك - Ka'ab ibn Maalik.

: ه

هﻻل ابن امية - Hilaal Ibn Umayyah.

Wallaahu Ta'alaa A'laa A'lam!!

Muhammad
01-26-2007, 08:35 PM

Masha'Allaah, well-answered and Jazakallahu khayr for the acronym.

Your turn to ask the next question.

amirah_87
01-27-2007, 01:41 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

The Mods would like to Challenge the Members InshaAllah.

Category is also on "Knowledge of The Sahaabah"

Question:

Who was the Sahaabiy The Malaa'ikah (Angels) used to shake his hand and visit him?

Allah Ma'akum!!

Hisbul_Aziz
01-27-2007, 04:42 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

The Mods would like to Challenge the Members InshaAllah.

Category is also on "Knowledge of The Sahaabah"

Question:

Who was the Sahaabiy The Malaa'ikah (Angels) used to shake his hand and visit him?

Allah Ma'akum!!
Imran Ibn al-Husayn al-Khuza'i

amirah_87
01-27-2007, 05:27 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Na'am, MashaAllah! :thumbs_up

Members turn to ask the next question InshaAllah.

Hisbul_Aziz
01-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Knowledge of the sahaba
Goes to the Super Mods

What was Uthman bin affan nickname?

IB-Staff
01-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Zun-Nurayn ?

Hisbul_Aziz
01-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Correct nice job who ever you may be :muddlehea

BlissfullyJaded
01-29-2007, 06:16 AM

The Super Mods would like to now challenge the Moderators in the category:

http://muslimtents.com/iharam/Surah_Hujurat.mp3

In case that link does not work, try this:
http://download.yousendit.com/906DEB230A65FE69

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.