/* */

PDA

View Full Version : .the heartbreAk!

hidaayah
05-22-2006, 03:56 PM
The Heartbreak
from www.uponsunnah.com

Abu Sa'id al Khudri reported Allah's Messenger as saying: "When the believers pass safely over (the bridge across) Hell, they will be stopped at a bridge between Hell and Paradise where they will retaliate against one another for the injustices done among them in the world, and when they are purified of all their sins, they will be admitted to Paradise. By Him in Whose hands the life of Muhammad is, everybody will recognize his dwelling in Paradise better than he recognizes his dwelling in this world."
(Sahih al-Bukhari, Fath Al-Bari)

Having now arrived at the terrifying bridge of Sirat, the fire of hell blazing from underneath you as you see people you love go, possibly your mother, your father, maybe it's that strange guy you once gave salam to - he's also here today. Your sweat dripping uncontrollably from the anxiety of it all, from the apprehension and the scare of falling and slipping. All you can think of is that If you fall then it's all over. If you dont make it through, everything you've ever known will have gone, and you thought before that this day would never come - here it is!

The tragedy of it all. The days that made our our lives were short, and today, we see the slides of our earlier existence back to haunt us. Will we succeed on today? Will we make it through this path? We see the righteous ones fly by us like the fleeing wind, and one of them is a person you recognize. It was that guy who spent his time memorizing the Quran while you were watching tv, but you remember him, his strength to fight his desires and determination to please Allah. It was that girl who spent her weekends with her parents and relatives, struggling to please them, while you choose to go out with your friends, driving around pointlessly, wanting to be seen and see what your eyes have not right to see, and for you, life was leisurely. It was easy for you to pursue your desires, delay your salat, ignore charity, and act immoral. You remember today how It was easy for you to amass money, to cheat, to deal with interest, and to freely mix with other genders. You loved buying new clothes, filling up your driveway with cars, your room with DVDs and music CDs, and think, that you would have fought to keep your collections. It seems that it never crossed your mind then to spend these blessings for the sake of Allah. Some invested for a day like this, and others in the world which has now passed. All He asked was for you to be grateful, but you choose to forget Him. Why not when life offered you everthing, and you believed in the lie.

You are completely naked today! So are your sins, everything comes out today. You've brought absolutely nothing with you, and you are all alone. You wonder where your friends could be, where are your past friends on a day like this? If they were worth committing sins for, then how come they are not here to bear this heat for you? Where is everyone? You feel scared, for all that you knew of, has indeed perished today, except your miserable soul.

You continue to be alone in the darkness, and your knowledge tells you that paradise is just over there, just across this path. Yet, it is so narrow. Paradise is very close, all you have to do is cross this path, and it will surely end. It is your single wish at this very moment, abiding in guilt and in sorrow, to be rescued from the anxiety. You soon see your brothers make it through, standing on the other side, and your cousins too! Knowing this, you want to be with them on that end. You remember how they used to remind you of prayer and to hold your tongue except in good, but you forever refused to listen out of sheer stuborness. You were always better than everyone. You were right and they were wrong. It seems that you thought wrong. Your sweat drips, and your eyes tear...

You turn to Allah desperately, "O Allah, let me make it to Paradise! O Allah, i implore you! By your grace, let me see the gates of Paradise! O Allah, they were only small mistakes!"

Tears.

The Heartbreak of it All.

On that day, that moment, you would give up everyone to be rescued. You would be willing to trade in your wife, your husband, your children, your friends, and even you parents, just so that you could be with the Prophet, , in paradise. You didn't choose him then but you now, you would. How come you weren't from the people of his sunnah and guidance? You quickly remember that this moment is too profound for you and the fire is boiling. You have become desperate, and you don't know what else to do.

Your turn has come, and you have walk on the sirat now. Suddenly, it happens. You slip and just like that, It's all over.

"It shall be said: Enter the gates of hell to abide therein; so evil is the abode of the proud"

All this pain for a couple of lousy years.

These are our moments, and we shouldn't take them for granted. Let us not despair from the mercy of Allah, and begin to act upon our faith with utter sincerity and regards to the Only one who can rescue us from such a horrifying event.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Shukria
05-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Salam
Ameen..Subhanallah..Makes u think of da torments of the Hereafter..Jazikullah sis for postin...
Wasalam

Ghazi
05-22-2006, 11:12 PM
:sl:

Jazzakallah may allah allow you to cross with speed sister, That's the moment of truth, just think of that feeling when your awating exam results now times this by a billion and we won't be near to the importence of crossing like the sister said paradise is so near, but here's the funny thing were willing to trade that in for simple pleasures, how stupid are we, May allah guide us to the straight path.

*Sonya
05-25-2006, 06:28 PM
mashallah
jazak'allah qayira
for sharin wid us

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
06-26-2006, 02:45 PM
:salamext:

The Heartbreak

Not one of you but will pass over it: this is, with thy Lord, a Decree which must be accomplished. (Surah Maryam, verse 71)

Abu Sa'id al Khudri reported Allah's Messenger as saying: "When the believers pass safely over (the bridge across) Hell, they will be stopped at a bridge between Hell and Paradise where they will retaliate against one another for the injustices done among them in the world, and when they are purified of all their sins, they will be admitted to Paradise. By Him in Whose hands the life of Muhammad is, everybody will recognize his dwelling in Paradise better than he recognizes his dwelling in this world."
(Sahih al-Bukhari, Fath Al-Bari)

Having now arrived at the terrifying bridge of Sirat, everything is pitch black except for the fire of hell blazing from underneath. You see people you love go - could be your mother, or perhaps your father... maybe it's that strange guy you once gave salam to - he's also here today! Your sweat dripping uncontrollably from the anxiety of it all, from the apprehension and the scare of falling and slipping. All you can think of is that If you fall then it's all over. If you dont make it through, everything you've ever worked for will have perished. You thought before that this day would never come - yet here it is!

The tragedy of it all. The days that made our our lives were short, and today, we see the slides of our earlier existence back to haunt us. Will we succeed on today? Will we make it through this path?

There is no sun, no independent source of light besides the Fire of Hell itself. But the people that are crossing the bridge - they have light. Their very own light, coming from their bodies. We see the righteous ones fly by us. Some dart across like lightning, some fly like the wind, others gallop like a speeding horse. And still others; others are crawling on all fours. But the righteous ones, they make it. One of them is a person you recognize. It was that guy who spent his time memorizing the Quran while you were watching tv, but you remember him - his strength to fight his desires and determination to please Allah. Over there is a girl that you remember, who spent her weekends with her parents and relatives, struggling to please them.

One Day shalt thou see the believing men and the believing women- how their Light runs forward before them and by their right hands: (their greeting will be): “Good News for you this Day! Gardens beneath which flow rivers! to dwell therein for aye! This is indeed the highest Achievement!” (Surah Hadeed, verse 12)

But you chose to go out with your friends, driving around pointlessly, wanting to be seen and wanting to see what your eyes had no right to see. A life in ignorance was bliss. But that life is over.

Wasn’t it was easy for you to pursue your desires, delay your salat, ignore charity, and act immoral? Remember how it was easy for you to hoard money, to cheat, to deal with interest, and to flirt and to gossip? You loved buying new clothes, filling up your driveway with cars, your room with DVDs and music CDs, And you would have fought to keep it all. Back then, it never crossed your mind to spend these blessings for the sake of Allah.

Some invested for a day like this, and others chose to invest in a world that has now passed; a dark, dead and lonely world. All He asked was for you to be grateful, but you choose to forget Him. He offered you everything, and you turned your backs on Him, eyes bedazzled with so many cheap desires.

O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent? Him Who created thee. Fashioned thee in due proportion, and gave thee a just bias; In whatever Form He wills, does He put thee together. Nay, but ye deny the Judgment!!! (Surah al-Infitar, verses 6-9)

You are completely naked today! So are your sins, everything comes out today. You've brought absolutely nothing with you, and you are all alone. You wonder where your friends could be, where are your past friends on a day like this? If they were worth committing sins for, then how come they are not here to bear this heat for you?

That Day shall a man flee from his own brother, And from his mother and his father. And from his wife and his children. Each one of them, that day, will have enough concern (of his own) to make him indifferent to the others. (Surah 'Abasa, 34-37).

Where is everyone? You feel scared, for all that you knew of, has indeed perished today, except your miserable soul.

You continue to be alone in the darkness, and your knowledge tells you that paradise is just over there, just across this path. Yet, it is so narrow. Paradise is very close, all you have to do is cross this path, and it will surely end. It is your single wish at this very moment, abiding in guilt and in sorrow, to be rescued from the anxiety. You soon see your brothers make it through, standing on the other side, and your cousins too! Knowing this, you want to be with them on that end. You remember how they used to remind you of prayer and to hold your tongue except in good, but you forever refused to listen out of sheer stuborness. You were always better than everyone. You were right and they were wrong. It seems that you thought wrong. Your sweat drips, and your eyes tear...

You turn to Allah desperately, "O Allah, let me make it to Paradise! O Allah, i implore you! By your grace, let me see the gates of Paradise! O Allah, they were only small mistakes!"

Tears.

On that day, that moment, you would give up everyone to be rescued. You would be willing to trade in your wife, your husband, your children, your friends, and even you parents, just so that you could be with the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, in paradise. You didn't choose him then but you now, you would. How come you weren't from the people of his sunnah and guidance? You quickly remember that this moment is too profound for you and the fire is boiling. You have become desperate, and you don't know what else to do.

Your turn has come, and you have walk on the sirat now.

Suddenly, it happens. The hooks come out from the Fires of Hell, and one digs into your flesh. You try desperately to hang onto the bridge, but the bridge is as sharp as a blade. Your hands begin to bleed, and blood trickles down your arms. But the hook will not let go; it only digs deeper.

Your hands are covered in blood. They slip, and just like that, it's all over. Down you fall, farther and farther into the depths of Hell, screaming in fear and terror.

----------------

You black out, but find no rest. You open your eyes, and see a fearsome, terrifying Angel standing before you, with the gates of Hell open before you. With a whimper, you motion that you dont belong here, that there must be some mistake. A single, choked syllable escapes your lips.

'Why?'

"That is because you exulted in the land unjustly and because you behaved insolently. Enter the gates of hell to abide therein, evil then is the abode of the proud. (Surah al-Ghaafir, 76-77)"

These are our moments, this is our life. Let us not take it for granted. Let us not despair from the mercy of Allah, and begin to redouble our efforts and our acts of woship with complete sincerity and regards to the One who can rescue us from such a horrifying event.

May Allah [SWT] grant us the abillity to cross the Sirat on the first instance, free of fear and free of terror. Ameen.

:wasalamex

IceQueen~
06-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Aali ur post makes me feel like crying..sniff!!!

Muslimaatan
06-29-2006, 12:01 AM
:'( Subhaana Allah!

syilla
06-29-2006, 05:34 AM
i'm crying too...

*sob...sob...

thank you for reminding me not to worry too much about this temporary world.

ALL 4 IsLaM
06-29-2006, 05:45 AM
Assalaamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

I just joined this forum and this is the first post i read, and all i can say is Mash'Allah. That was an awesome post. It really did make me reflect and ponder about my life and what i have done and what i need to do. Jazakallah for the great informative post, May Allah Bless you. I have a good feeling that i will be hooked on this forum as long as there are posts like this one. Thanx again

Ma'Assalaam

youngsister
06-30-2006, 11:21 AM
May Allah swt reward you for posting this jazakallah really got to me.

samiya_06
06-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Assalaamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
jazzaLlah for post masha allah this was great post
thanks

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
03-01-2008, 08:53 PM
~*~Bump~*~
MashaAllah...
JazakAllahu Khair
Really touched me.:cry:
:w:

piXie
03-02-2008, 10:45 AM

The heartbreak in this world is nothing compared to the heartbreak in the afterlife. JazakAllaah Khayr for posting such a beneficial and effective article, I had all my family reading it alhamdulillah..

May Allah reward you!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.